T

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Be a nice way to start off our playoff run

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
"Then you’ve also got the Adam Gase card to play. New York’s new head coach infamously snubbed the Browns during one of their coaching searches a few years back."

Dodged that bullet

Joe Thomas #73
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
How long were we banned from non-Thursday prime time for stinking so bad?? Why on Earth would a week one Monday night game be at Arizona?

Not that I wouldn't want a excellent chance of beating down our opponent in a week one Monday night game . . .

T
Legend
Legend
T
Think the NFL releases the schedule a little later.

I doubt the Browns would open Monday Night, not even the first of 3 Monday Night games opening week.

Browns aren't probably going to make the playoffs next year anyway.

Here's why. (It's got little to do with the team playing better or being better than they've been in years past or in not continuing to play well like they did this year.)

The problem is, the AFC, There's 4 divisions, and in the East, The Patriots and Dolphins, are more along in continuity and development than the current Browns situation.

Current Browns situation, being new HC, new whatever added, proabably a new roster again.

In the AFC North, Browns division, the Bengals probably won't be nursing 17 injuries again, and that was 2 of the Browns 7 wins this year, so they may pull one out and that takes one win away from the Browns.

The Ravens, will be trying to bounce back from their early playoff exit, but their young Qb will have more experience than this year.

The Steelers, probably will find new solutions, and won't be trotting out with a #1 Rb on full year contract hold out, and their #1 Wr being in a power struggle for free agency.

So, the Browns, 1 tie and 1 win this year came against them, the Browns may have a tougher row to hoe against those 2 and that may hurt the Browns win total.

Then lest look at the AFC west.
The Raiders and Broncos are in slight disarray, and the Browns knocked the Broncos out of the playoffs, but there is revenge factor, and there is referee bias, as we saw in the Browns Raiders game this year

The Other two AFC west teams just happened to be fighting for the #1 overall seed in the AFC playoffs in week 15 or some such, so the Chargers and Chiefs, (neither of which are in the Super Bowl mind you) will both be trying to get over that last hump and stand in the way of a Browns playoff spot.

Then there is the AFC south, and just Houston, with about 3 weeks remaining, had about the #2 afc spot altogheter and first round bye locked up, but they faltered, and the other two, the Colts and Texans fought it out for a wild card or almost that division,

So there's 3 teams that will probably be looking to take one of the top 6 playoff spots in the AFC, and the other team, the Jaguars, just came off of an AFC championship round exit (or divisional), vs the pats, just two years ago, where they were a legit top candidate.

The Browns, despite looking like a top team, looking like a real bonafide NFL contender for the 2nd half and a large portion of this past season,

Are still a head and shoulders behind the 8-ball in comparison to "most" other teams in the AFC if you are looking at just

ability, and motivation, to make the playoffs, and each individual teams continuity, togetherness, and preparedness.

So when the Browns don't make the playoffs next year, and everybody is going to gripe with a capital B,

I'm saying you hear it here first, it's not that expectatons are too high,

It's belief that the team is doing enough is too skewed, I don't think the team is doing enough to put itself in position to be what kind of team it takes to make the playoffs.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Then there is the AFC south, and just Houston, with about 3 weeks remaining, had about the #2 afc spot altogheter and first round bye locked up, but they faltered, and the other two, the Colts and Texans fought it out for a wild card or almost that division,

This is why I love your posts.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
Who knows how true this is, but I am going to this game and would love for it to a Monday night game.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Who knows how true this is, but I am going to this game and would love for it to a Monday night game.

I am in the minority....I don't like Monday night games. I don't like Thursday night games.

I can deal with Sunday night games, but not thrilled.

I like 4pm Sunday kickoffs. That makes for a nice day. You don't have to head out very early. It gives you a few extra hours to tailgate, and you are back in the hotel room by 9PM.

Perfect.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

I am in the minority....I don't like Monday night games. I don't like Thursday night games.

I like 4pm Sunday kickoffs. That makes for a nice day. You don't have to head out very early. It gives you a few extra hours to tailgate, and you are back in the hotel room by 9PM.

Perfect.

We live in different time zones. Give me the late games as much as possible.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I prefer 1 pm Sunday kickoff. Wake up, clean up, and Go.

I don't like to wait.

Plus there is a better crowd at the bar for 1 pm games.

No Craps Given
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Perfect.

We live in different time zones. Give me the late games as much as possible.

I’m the opposite. I like 10am starts. Game is over by 1. The rest of the day is mine.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I’m the opposite. I like 10am starts.

10 AM services at the Holiness Church of The Divine Elf

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This is the beauty of competition. We’re not worried about a draft pick, we’re making travel plans.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
I prefer 1 pm Sunday kickoff. Wake up, clean up, and Go.

I don't like to wait.

Plus there is a better crowd at the bar for 1 pm games.

I can agree with that when I stay in town for the games. I don't like waiting around either. My earlier post was for when I go up for the games. Here, it is get up, go for a 6 mile walk, come home and give myself a haircut, shower up, then head to the bar. Home by 5.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:
I’m the opposite. I like 10am starts.

10 AM services at the Holiness Church of The Divine Elf

I perfer the 3:00PM(CST) starts, that way I can go worship at Our Mother of the Fairway at 10:00AM and be home in time for kick-off.

#GMSTRONG
Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
For going to the game, a 4pm kickoff is nice. I drive up from Columbus so having a slightly more relaxed morning to get out of here is nice.

When I lived in Germany, the 7pm (6 hours ahead) kickoff was great. Had the whole day to do whatever then could watch the game as the kids went to bed. 10pm I would struggle to stay awake for the game. Night games were awful. I would try to wake up around halftime and catch up to the game on DVR by time it was over. I'd usually catch up at some point in the 4th quarter.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Typically, don't they have two MNF games the first week ... I wonder if wed be in the 7pm or 10:30pm kickoff since its in arizona

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Typically, don't they have two MNF games the first week ... I wonder if wed be in the 7pm or 10:30pm kickoff since its in arizona

Yup.

D
Legend
Legend
D
It would be just like the NFL to make us the 10PM game in our season opener, further shortening our time to prep for the following week's game on Sunday.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Not only that, but making me miss it on the Monday, and have to watch it on Tuesday afternoon.

Legend
Legend
Sounds like this Cinderella can get herself to the ball. How sweet would that be?

The NFL has a sense of humor that is ironic. After years of the snub, NOW we get boosted.

OkeeDokee! All in for us to get on the big stage. Put somebody in front of us.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
Legend
Legend
B
I really haven't paid attention to 10PM kicks because I have never thought about watching one.

Maybe some of you know, but my feeling would be that the 10pm kicks in the east would be 2 teams from the west and not some east coast team involved. Keeping the fans up to start watching at 10PM isn't good business.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
When does the 2019 schedule come out?

Legend
Legend
Isn't it early April, like a week or two before the draft?

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
T
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
T
Since 2006, other than the Vikings (at San Fran) it's always been two west coast teams but that doesn't mean you couldn't throw a curve ball in it. I'd enjoy watching the Browns play a 10:00 o'clock MNF.

Legend
Legend
GMdawg will be the starting QB this season for the Browns.

Hell if your going to start spewing rumors at least make them good ones notallthere

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

I’m the opposite. I like 10am starts. Game is over by 1. The rest of the day is mine.

I am the same way, HOWEVER, during the long losing seasons it also meant I was depressed and angry for the rest of the day! The flip, however, the second half of this past season I was happy and very productive all afternoons. I look forward to more of the latter!

Legend
Legend
Maybe Browns at Cards in the first 4:25 window the first Sunday

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
I don't care who or where they play. I always watch them.

Week 1 option: home game against an AFC North team.

Another plausibility: we have no freaking idea.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Tymaster
Since 2006, other than the Vikings (at San Fran) it's always been two west coast teams but that doesn't mean you couldn't throw a curve ball in it. I'd enjoy watching the Browns play a 10:00 o'clock MNF.

Good, that is what I thought, but wasn't sure.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

I am the same way, HOWEVER, during the long losing seasons it also meant I was depressed and angry for the rest of the day! The flip, however, the second half of this past season I was happy and very productive all afternoons. I look forward to more of the latter!

I have liked that as well on trips to Pacific coast time. On a few trips to Hawaii during football season, those 8am kicks were really cool.

Breakfast burritos and bloody marys is perfect game day fare.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I'm actually looking forward to a bit of a change in our schedule. Having us on at 1PM every week (and losing) kind of made me not want to watch the other games.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This certainly would be a great storyline to drum up all off season.

I'd love for this to be true. Sure, give Baker some more fuel in the offseason.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
This certainly would be a great storyline to drum up all off season.

I'd love for this to be true. Sure, give Baker some more fuel in the offseason.

I heard there is discussion the Browns will become the official Monday Night team. grin

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
There are so many storylines better than this and MNF usually opens up with two former Playoff teams.

Us against Cards would be two teams not in the playoffs.

I think the Jets/Browns as an option isn't bad.

[Linked Image from thumb0.webshots.net]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
I don't care who or where they play. I always watch them.

Week 1 option: home game against an AFC North team.

Another plausibility: we have no freaking idea.

I actually enjoyed the Browns-Vikings London game time... maybe I should move to the west coast.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: brownieforlife
There are so many storylines better than this and MNF usually opens up with two former Playoff teams.

Us against Cards would be two teams not in the playoffs.

I think the Jets/Browns as an option isn't bad.

I think since the start of the Thursday night stuff, the Super Bowl winning team plays in the first game that Thursday, at home. I don't think Monday night makes a difference whether you were in the playoffs or not. Lions and Jets played week 1 last year and I don't think either were in the playoffs the year prior.

My hope is that it's not us in Foxborough on the first Thursday unless Tom and Bill retire. Other than that, I don't mind who or where or when it is.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Another thought... we always seem to do well on Monday night in primetime setting. Maybe because it's our Super Bowl and the team doesn't want to be embarrassed.

I think our last appearance on Monday night was great until the final few seconds. We actually looked like a decent team until, and I hate to bring it up, the blocked FG returned for TD. We should have won that game but we couldn't get out of our own way. That was one of the most embarrassing losses I can remember. They've spared us...

The Giants-Browns game was great as was the Bills-Browns, but we were doomed when Hoyer went down... bitter sweet. Good times. Let's move on.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Factory of sadness needs a name change, because that shoe no longer fits...

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
I enjoy primetime games... In mountain it's like a 7PM kickoff and a good way to end the day IMO.

You get to have the entire day to do something, and then you come home to the game you're hyped to see. Can wear your jersey all day without feeling like crap if they lose at 1.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Browns to open Monday Night Football season???

Link Copied to Clipboard