Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
The major tax reform effective in 2018 has been successful.

If you call raising taxes on those folks who are sick and/or disabled and have a lot of medical bills effective then rolleyes

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I managed a few grand off this year, mainly because I no longer had a phase out of the child tax credit. But considering we paid for this tax cut via rising deficit, our money just became worth less to pay for it

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
i would announce my 2020 run, but i'll be 33 in november of that year. unless yall fight for a waiver.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Run for the House.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
CNN is pushing Kamala Harris really hard already. She appears to be their candidate. A black Hilary Clinton, boy I just cannot wait to be called a racist AND a bigoted sexist deplorable for disagreeing with her policies.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: BpG
CNN is pushing Kamala Harris really hard already. She appears to be their candidate. A black Hilary Clinton, boy I just cannot wait to be called a racist AND a bigoted sexist deplorable for disagreeing with her policies.

Forget the racist / sexist stuff and let's stick to facts and have a discussion.

What are here policies? What is it that you disagree with them on?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: mgh888

Forget the racist / sexist stuff and let's stick to facts and have a discussion.

What are here policies? What is it that you disagree with them on?
Ill give a fair analysis of what I have read about her.

Quote:
$2.8 trillion middle-class tax plan. Last fall, Harris released a proposal aimed at enacting a tax plan for middle- and working-class families, and it will be a centerpiece of her presidential campaign, her aides said.

Under Harris’s plan, the federal government would pay tax credits that match a person’s earnings up to $3,000 (or $6,000 for married couples). Those credits would phase out for higher earners, and would not benefit Americans with no earnings, in an attempt to reward people who work.
Its nice to actually hear a democrat willing to actually give something to WORKING people. However, I don't need 3,000 handout, I can earn my own. But this is something that is interesting to me, and I would hear more of it.

The problem is, she has called for 30 trillion dollar medicare for all plan, while REDUCING tax revenue to the government - I am all for this in theory, I just don't know how that works out mathematically

Quote:
Harris, by contrast, is expected to run on both a single-payer health program projected to cost more than $30 trillion, as well as tax benefits that would significantly reduce federal revenue.

She wants to revamp the bail system in American, which I would like to hear more about as well. If your not a risk or a violent criminal, why have a 50K min bail?? Why make tax payers foot that bill?

I know she is for abortion, but I do not know to what extent - so I will not comment on that as of now.

She is for legalization of MJ, I am ok with that as well.

Here are things that disqualify her from my vote or consideration (in no particular order):

She is strictly against the Death Penalty. I support the death penalty 100%, and believe we need to actually speed that process up. It shouldn't take 20 years to put a Dylan Roof, McVay, or a Charles Ng to death. A bullet is cheap and quick.

She fully supports sanctuary cities and has called to get rid of ICE.

She wants strict gun control and is against Columbia V. Heller

Quote:
While serving as district attorney in San Francisco, Harris, along with other district attorneys, filed an amicus brief in District of Columbia v. Heller, arguing that the Washington, D.C.,

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
She wants to end private insurance completely, everyone goes on Medicare. She supports the "tough on crime" and pushed for stiffer sentences. Wants to restrict 2A. She is also one of the people who collaborated with PP to jail a journalist.

The problem is aside from looking into her history, she really has done nothing but offer meaningless platitudes so far, which is the Hilary Clinton playbook. She offers no real policies other than platitudes.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
She wants to end private insurance completely, everyone goes on Medicare. She supports the "tough on crime" and pushed for stiffer sentences. Wants to restrict 2A. She is also one of the people who collaborated with PP to jail a journalist.

The problem is aside from looking into her history, she really has done nothing but offer meaningless platitudes so far, which is the Hilary Clinton playbook. She offers no real policies other than platitudes.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

You are 100% correct, although I’m not sure how serious she *really* is regarding Medicare For All”. Bernie (thankfully) has pushed them to this position, but whether they’re serious remains to be seen.

Don’t forget, Obama pretty much ran on single-payer (and Trump did, too, though that doesn’t really count because he doesn’t understand what health insurance or single payer actually is).

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have no doubt she is going to go full Hilary and not discuss policy publicly, call Americans names, them versus us, offer one platitude after another hoping people think that "is" policy, hardcore dems will eat it up and leave the rest of of like "so what's the policy here?" etc.

I hope I am wrong.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Its funny, you always hear people say "I wish we had a third party", yet both R and D will never support a decent 3rd party candidate no matter what (not saying this dude is, I know nothing about him).

Heck, the far left wouldn't even vote for Hilary in 16.

No way they are going to vote for a third party.

Both sides have been sold on the bill of goods that if a 3rd party candidate will ensure the other party to win. Its BS. If everyone that said they would vote 3rd party did, guess what, they would win in a landslide.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I have no doubt she is going to go full Hilary and not discuss policy publicly, call Americans names, them versus us, offer one platitude after another hoping people think that "is" policy, hardcore dems will eat it up and leave the rest of of like "so what's the policy here?" etc.

I hope I am wrong.

I agree with you that she will be devoid of meaningful policy, but it’s kind of hard to do the “Hillary was into divisive us vs. them mentality” when she was running against a ball of anger who has the kind of a child.

Hillary ran the most inept campaign in modern American history, but the mold was set on it being “us vs. them” the minute the other side ran with the barely sentient freak who served no purpose and possessed no skill outside of generating and venting spite.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I will tell you this much, I personally know a dozen people who voted for Gary Johnson. Many others wrote in Bernie.

I won't hesitate to vote 3rd party and the idea that a 3rd party shouldn't be in the debates is an abomination.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

Heck, the far left wouldn't even vote for Hilary in 16.

No way they are going to vote for a third party.

As a member of the "far left" rolleyes I gotta say that this is nonsense. The far left is getting crucified by centrists for costing Killary the election by voting for Jill Stein. Dude, you would not imagine how many times I've been called a bernie bro and a misogynist just because I didn't vote for Hillary. Doesn't matter that I've always voted Green party, even against Obama. I'm evil for voting third party. Now a lot of the far left won't vote because participatory politics is stupid, but the ones who do vote, do vote third party.

What 3rd party do you want? What could it look like? Republicans and Democrats are the same exact thing running on the same exact platform with a few twists. So does it look like someone who is fiscally conservative, socially liberal, supports abortions and the 2nd amendment? Where's the difference in the parties besides the frugal amounts they bicker over for tax breaks and welfare programs, 2nd amendment rights and abortion? What could a viable third party look like from a policy standpoint?

We just need two real separate parties at this point. Guys like Howard Schultz should join the Republican party. The Democratic party must shift to the left if America has any chance to survive climate change. They should focus on what brings them together than what divides them?

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I voted for Hillary because I had to.

Option B was a sundowning game show host who brags about being a creepy pervert.

If it were Clinton v. Rubio, or Clinton v. Kasich, or hell, even maybe Clinton v. Cruz, I would’ve just cast a write-in.

I never liked Clinton, but when Option B is “senile racist who tweets furiously at the teenagers from the vampire movies”, you’re forced into that pen.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I simply won't vote for someone that I don't feel is worthy of the office of president. I'm proud of that. What astounds me is that the right seems proud to have elected Trump while pointing the finger at those who had the moral fiber not to help elect Hillary.

It makes it sound like a , "My pile of crap was better than your pile of crap" argument. When both of them stunk the same.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
What 3rd party do you want? What could it look like? Republicans and Democrats are the same exact thing running on the same exact platform with a few twists. So does it look like someone who is fiscally conservative, socially liberal, supports abortions and the 2nd amendment? Where's the difference in the parties besides the frugal amounts they bicker over for tax breaks and welfare programs, 2nd amendment rights and abortion? What could a viable third party look like from a policy standpoint?
Here's a stab:

I want someone that allows people to marry to who they want to marry, smoke whatever weed they want, buy whatever gun they want, and limit abortions to incest, rape, and life threatening cases only, and enforce our immigration laws.

get me someone that supports all that, ill vote 'em up.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Since the SCOTUS actually decides abortion laws and seems to be stacked in that direction, it sounds as if you're as much Democrat as you are Republican at this point.

I can certainly relate to that conundrum.

We're never going to find a party that truly represents either of us.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Since the SCOTUS actually decides abortion laws and seems to be stacked in that direction, it sounds as if you're as much Democrat as you are Republican at this point.

I "lean right" because if I had to put things in order of importance for me, it would be the right leaning topics, I.E the 2nd amendment, my take on abortion.

I go at the left on this board, simply because its so slanted in the hate towards the right on here with certain posters. In other places that are right leaning and the hate is towards the left, I go at the right.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

I "lean right" because if I had to put things in order of importance for me, it would be the right leaning topics, I.E the 2nd amendment, my take on abortion.

I go at the left on this board, simply because its so slanted in the hate towards the right on here with certain posters. In other places that are right leaning and the hate is towards the left, I go at the right.

The “Trump isn’t racist” guy is just trying to be reasonable.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't know about that. With great posters that make such valid points as Razor, 40, Vambo, and Riley, it seems the right is well represented with some thoughtful and logical posters.

wink

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I don't know about that. With great posters that make such valid points as Razor, 40, Vambo, and Riley, it seems the right is well represented with some thoughtful and logical posters.

wink
you may disagree with them, and with the exception of 1 that I know of on your list, the others more troll you guys than call flat out names and demean.

I have disagreed vehemently with Razon about MJ in another thread, I was never called a single name by him.

I have disagreed with 40 and Vambo was never called a name by any of them.

We had differences of opinions and said our peace, and left it at that - agree to disagree.

You and I have gone at it rather frequently, yet I can say you have never tried to disparage or demean me.

But the second I say anything that contradicts the majority on this board that are lefty's opinion - I am a racist, bigot, homophobe, xenophobe, etc. etc. etc.

Last edited by willitevachange; 01/29/19 03:41 PM.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Those guys never take personal cheap shots at me and I rag on Trump and have leftist policy beliefs regularly. I think that is the difference.

P
Legend
Legend
P
They demean anyone who disagrees with them and regurgitate meaningless terms and phrases like "Bacon flavored Spam".

#gmstrong
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

wink
you may disagree with them, and with the exception of 1 that I know of on your list, the others more troll you guys than call flat out names and demean.

I have disagreed vehemently with Razon about MJ in another thread, I was never called a single name by him.

We had differences of opinions and said our peace, and left it at that - agree to disagree.

You and I have gone at it rather frequently, yet I can say you have never tried to disparage or demean me.

But the second I say anything that contradicts the majority on this board that are lefty's opinion - I am a racist, bigot, homophobe, xenophobe, etc. etc. etc.

The company you keep is embarrassing, dude.

It’s hard to argue “people unfairly call me a bigot” when you constantly say “I like this bigot!”

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
While I've seen them regurgitate phrases, the former has not been something I have experienced.

P
Legend
Legend
P
While I've seen them regurgitate phrases, the former has not been something I have experienced.

Let me try and help you with that.

Quote:
So...liberals throwing their lot behind anti-Semites, minute before birth abortions,ms13 gangs, open borders no matter how many innocent legal American get destroyed ,protecting illegals over legal americans ,turning their heads on inner city murderers, Perverts in public restrooms with little girls and there is plenty more but you and yours should be treated with decency and respect ,right?

I am fascinated how the liberal minds work.

#gmstrong
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:
Here's a stab:

I want someone that allows people to marry to who they want to marry, smoke whatever weed they want, buy whatever gun they want, and limit abortions to incest, rape, and life threatening cases only, and enforce our immigration laws.

So you want a coastal Republican tongue

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I meant personally it has not been directed at me. Despite clear ideological differences only one side of this board had to be put on ignore for constant name calling. They also love the "Racism by proxy"....well you agree with 40 on this topic, so you're aligning yourself with racist, WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT YOU!

I understand that between them, they do their childish thing which I don't agree with. Only one side has brought it to me and I feel that I mostly conduct myself in a professional way on this board.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Quote:
Here's a stab:

So you want a coastal Republican tongue

He just described John Kasich.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Yep, those are basic policy points of any suburban Republican who have to win over metropolitan voters. Honestly if Republicans weren't so hard lined about abortion they'd win every election.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

wink

This has never been my experience with talking to them. Maybe 40 before A2D, but never Vambo or others. Hell, GM has no problem calling me a murderer between trying to act like we're friends.

That said, you, Pitt, Arch a few years ago, Tulsa and DC have always been very respectable even in our disagreements.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And I like John Kasich.

Had the GOP have nominated him in 2016 I would have voted for him.

#gmstrong
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
And I like John Kasich.

I’m not his biggest fan, but there’s a legitimate argument there.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I wouldn't say I'm his biggest fan either. But I will say given the choices we had, he would have been hands down better. And I believe he actually has the nations best interest at heart even on matters where I disagree with him.

#gmstrong
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I wouldn't say I'm his biggest fan either. But I will say given the choices we had, he would have been hands down better. And I believe he actually has the nations best interest at heart even on matters where I disagree with him.

It’s certainly something to debate, unlike “I support the sundowning clown pervert. I wish people would take me seriously and debate me on the merits of my support for the clown pervert instead of mocking me”

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
CNN is pushing Kamala Harris really hard already. She appears to be their candidate.

Rush Limbaugh was talking about her on his Tuesday show.

“I’m trying to figure out what’s the difference between Stormy Daniels and Kamala Harris?” asked Rush Limbaugh.

Legend
Legend
And I like John Kasich.

Do you mean THIS John Kasich?

https://www.policeone.com/social-media-f...ling-cop-idiot/

https://www.cleveland.com/open/2019/01/c...plane-seat.html

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Let's talk 2020 Presidential Candidates

Link Copied to Clipboard