Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Does anyone know with the RDR2 download, are you able to play it tonight at 9pm?

Gamestop is allowing to pick up the hard copies at 9pm, but I got the download through them.

According to this article digital versions will go live at 12am EST.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
S
Legend
Legend
S
Anyone have any thoughts on RDR2 yet? I have it, and got it all loaded up on the ps4. I just haven't had time to start it yet. Hopefully tomorrow before the Browns game, I can get up early and check it out...

I got a copy of Madden from my cousin on Monday. Only have played a game so far.

Finished Stick of Truth last week, awesome game. I will probably play FBW at some point.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's a tour de force.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I've been playing a little bit....but I haven't gotten a lot done because I'm so in awe of the environment.....yesterday I was just walking through the woods sightseeing....lol..

I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch......
S
Legend
Legend
S
damn i saw that metacritic gave it a 97!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Depends on your take of what a game should be.....

let me explain the cons first, as they are shorter than the pros absolutely:

Controls to me a little sluggish, imo. And I hate having to tap A to sprint over and over and over and over (I bought for xbox).

I think once you are playing, its an amazing and a terrific game. The problem I am seeing is that you are never playing. The open world is huge, too huge to be traveling on Horseback. Its takes you a good 3-4 minutes to get to one mission to the other. I have about 5 hours in so far, I would bet that honestly 4 hours of that is just riding on the horse from place to another.

The game starts off slow as well - you are in a blizzard in the mountains running from the law with a group of say 15 people maybe? They don't explain exactly what happened - and the first few missions you have to work with others in the group. In RD1, you were a lone outlaw seeking vengeance - I prefer personally over this group aspect. You have contribute funds to the group, contribute meals to the group, contribute supplies etc.

Its also I think - overly realistic. As in, I dont think the vast majority of players are going to want to have to shave every few days, eat every few hours, drink - etc. To me, it was REALLY REALLY cool at first, now its just more of an annoyance. I want to play the game - shootouts, robberies, etc.

Online - as far as I know, there is no online yet. I heard its going to be a month away at least.

Now for the Pros:

Graphic wise - the environment is amazing. Truly amazing. Every last detail of the visual concepts of the environment are astonishing.

Story - the story once it got going is pretty good so far. If you are familiar with RD 1, this is a prequel to that. You are Arthur Morgan, a member of the Dutch gang (if you remember they tried to go after John Marston in RD1). John Marston is actually apart of the gang with you, but you don't play as him (they do however show you how his face gets all messed up). This takes place about 11 years prior to RD1.

Customization - you can customize EVERYTHING. Your weapons, your clothes, your food, your facial hair, heck you can even customize your saddles and horse's hair length. There are no ends to the level of customizations you can do in this game.

Personally, I think this is a really good game, but loses me a little bit with the tidiness of certain aspects. Its a video game first and foremost. At no point should you be bored - and I find myself 3 or 4 days in (only 5 hours of gameplay) a little bored at times. Mainly because you are just riding around the horse for long stretches at a time or having to do meaningless task. When the game is actually being played, and your conducting a mission or a side mission - I am fully enthralled. It just seems that its far and few between galloping around while you smash the A button until your thumb is raw.

I think compared to RD1, it went too overboard. I loved aspects of the RD1 being able to hunt and go where I wanted when I wanted etc. I think they took the aspects that made RD1 AMAZING and tried to expand on them, instead of leaving the original winning formula in place. Don't get me wrong, I am not mad I spent 60 bucks on this game, and lately that's a plus! Its a good game worth the buy no doubt. I just think that people were SO excited about it, they will have trouble acknowledging its flaws.

All in all, it will win game of the year, and will deserve it. I just think it could have been a lot better if Rockstar would have actually dialed some things back.

my .02

S
Legend
Legend
S
Finally got to play it a little bit over the weekend...

The game looks amazing.

Rockstar's presentation is always top notch. The voice acting, the storylines, the little things, they always give you the best bang for your buck.

I thought there was a little too much cutscene stuff early on. Felt more like a Metal Gear game. I understand cutscenes and storylines, but at the end of the day we're gamers and we want to play...

That first shootout, man the controls just feel really good shooting. It's like RDR but just better.

I just started chapter 1 and took the girls into town. I have a LONG way to go lol.

I've been playing the Bioshock collection too just because I love those games, and represent everything that gaming should be (but kinda has gone against lately)

S
Legend
Legend
S
I have a 145$ bounty and no cash to pay for it lol

There have been some awesome reddit posts about things people have experienced in the game. Someone killed a guy out in the wilderness, and came back to the spot a few days later to see the body of the guy still there rotting away.

Someone posted a video of their guy getting struck by lightning

They put a lot of time and effort into this game, and I appreciate the little stuff.

This is no doubt the game of the year (despite there being some awesome 2018 releases)

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn

There have been some awesome reddit posts about things people have experienced in the game. Someone killed a guy out in the wilderness, and came back to the spot a few days later to see the body of the guy still there rotting away.

They put a lot of time and effort into this game, and I appreciate the little stuff.

This is no doubt the game of the year (despite there being some awesome 2018 releases)

Im a hoarder, I have like 5K.

Anyone have an Arabian yet ? I have a black Arabian - I cant find the white Arabian. Been up the mountains a few times.

Really irate that I have killed two legendary animals the Bison and Bear - and both times while I was hunting it - The bear after I harvested it I was attacked by a group of Bounty Hunters and died. Lost the skin.

Then the Bison, as I was killing it I ran into the lake and I was not able to skin it!

S
Legend
Legend
S

Anyone have an Arabian yet ? I have a black Arabian - I cant find the white Arabian. Been up the mountains a few times.

Really irate that I have killed two legendary animals the Bison and Bear - and both times while I was hunting it - The bear after I harvested it I was attacked by a group of Bounty Hunters and died. Lost the skin.

Then the Bison, as I was killing it I ran into the lake and I was not able to skin it!

dang how did you make all the money?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Anybody play Madden 19 on PC?

I'm having an issue where the keyboard/mouse and xbox 360 controller are fighting with each other. For example I'll drop back to pass and one play my receivers will be listed with keyboard keys, and the next pass play they'll be listed with the xbox controller buttons. It's highly confusing and frustrating.

I've went into the settings and it won't allow me to set one or the other as the default controller.

I'm sure I can solve this by unplugging my mouse and keyboard when I want to play but that just seems like a big time hassle. Is there a logical work around for this?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect

I'm having an issue where the keyboard/mouse and xbox 360 controller are fighting with each other. For example I'll drop back to pass and one play my receivers will be listed with keyboard keys, and the next pass play they'll be listed with the xbox controller buttons. It's highly confusing and frustrating.

I've went into the settings and it won't allow me to set one or the other as the default controller.

I'm sure I can solve this by unplugging my mouse and keyboard when I want to play but that just seems like a big time hassle. Is there a logical work around for this?

Is the controller wired or wireless? When wireless, they seem to lose connection fairly frequently. I'd try going wired.

If already wired, I'd try swapping out the cable.

I'm not sure if there might be an update for the 360 controller software or not. It sounds like the PC is losing the signal intermittently, though.

Might also see about updating the PC's bluetooth driver.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I'm playing rdr2 nearly everyday after work....my girl is absolutely obsessed with the game.....everyday she is begging me......is it time to get on our horse yet?

The realism is amazing...and despite the things stated earlier about eating, feeding/brushing your horse, and wearing clothes appropriate for the elements (like dressing warm when your up in the snowy mountains and dressing light down in the bayou.), despite these things, the game is still great. I don't really mind this stuff bc imo, it just makes it that much more immersive.

And the map, its huge, and all those long horse rides, they did a great job throwing in events that happen along the way to break up any monotony. Finding animals, herbs, coming across gangs, KKK rallies, damsels in distress, getting bushwacked, etc..etc...there is literally so much to do and explore and discover, that I don't mind the distances on horseback....

I'm currently far far away from the American frontier.....just beginning chapter 5....

All in all......this is the best game I've ever played....sometimes I just ride around, find a good vantage point, and sit back and appreciate how beautiful the environment really is......From the mountains, to the lakes and streams...down to the swamps...and into the plains, the valleys, and deserts.....

I could probably play this game the rest of the year and well into next before I discover all the little things that make this the greatest game R* has ever produced...

I don't wanna spoil anything, so I'll shut up now.....but DAMN!!!!

I mean....well......DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!

Its beautiful, there are no shortages of surprises and a dynamic environment.....You will see them building houses and barns, only to ride through many days later to completed structures.....

Hunting, fishing, shootouts, robberies...foraging, scavenging, crafting......all the ppl you come across......there is always something happening....and always little side quests to distract you from the main storyline....

Just a masterpiece....

I'm about 52% from total completion....and I'm more and more engrossed everytime I turn on my ps4...

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

dang how did you make all the money?
Just going through missions, not spending a lot on clothes or horses.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

I finished the story for RD2. Man, what a story it was. I really now that I have finished it, am really starting to take it in as a whole and appreciate it even more.

This may have been the best STORY of a game I have ever played. I have no doubt that I will play it again. The lead up, the climax, the ending......I wont spoil any of it, but OMG what a well written game.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

I was never much into playing video games beyond football, Madden and NCAA. I have an old PS3 big body. I find myself playing so little anymore the idea of upgrading to a PS4 just doesn’t make sense.
In my roommate having days I would watch my buddies play other games on my machines... Silent Hill, Resident Evil, CODs, the various GTAs, etc... I loved watching and helping strategize. Just was never much for actually playing them.
This game makes me wish I had a roommate still. Man I really want to watch a buddy play through it. Those days are behind me. Likely I’ll never see it. Kind of a bummer. (Skyrim was another I wish I could have watched.)

[Linked Image]
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

I was never much into playing video games beyond football, Madden and NCAA. I have an old PS3 big body. I find myself playing so little anymore the idea of upgrading to a PS4 just doesn’t make sense.
In my roommate having days I would watch my buddies play other games on my machines... Silent Hill, Resident Evil, CODs, the various GTAs, etc... I loved watching and helping strategize. Just was never much for actually playing them.
This game makes me wish I had a roommate still. Man I really want to watch a buddy play through it. Those days are behind me. Likely I’ll never see it. Kind of a bummer. (Skyrim was another I wish I could have watched.)

Could always go on Twitch?

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Never heard of Twitch.
That said, part of what I liked was being present and helping strategize. Often times being the person watching, but not playing, helped my buddies as I kept an eye on health levels, ammunition levels, and such while they did the epic battles. I’d often have to remind them to take cover instead of standing in the open trading fire with the enemy. Etc. It gave me the pleasure of playing, without the stress of actually playing.
My guess is Twitch let’s you watch other’s play. I guess it’s a part of the experience I miss. Just not enough to make it enjoyable as it’d not be interactive enough.
Oh to be in my 20’s again.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect

Is the controller wired or wireless? When wireless, they seem to lose connection fairly frequently. I'd try going wired.

If already wired, I'd try swapping out the cable.

I'm not sure if there might be an update for the 360 controller software or not. It sounds like the PC is losing the signal intermittently, though.

Might also see about updating the PC's bluetooth driver.

Thanks for the feedback but got it figured out, it wasn't a wireless issue at all. It worked fine with other games.

I just had to add it to my Steam library and start it in big picture mode with Origin closed. Works flawlessly now.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Never heard of Twitch.
That said, part of what I liked was being present and helping strategize. Often times being the person watching, but not playing, helped my buddies as I kept an eye on health levels, ammunition levels, and such while they did the epic battles. I’d often have to remind them to take cover instead of standing in the open trading fire with the enemy. Etc. It gave me the pleasure of playing, without the stress of actually playing.
My guess is Twitch let’s you watch other’s play. I guess it’s a part of the experience I miss. Just not enough to make it enjoyable as it’d not be interactive enough.
Oh to be in my 20’s again.

I really only use it to just check out what a game looks like. How it plays, see what other people are saying.

People are making decent money streaming their stuff. It's crazy. It's a well organized site. Cool to see people still playing old games too.

S
Legend
Legend
S
A few more RDR2 thoughts...

I really love the hunting mechanic. Seeking out 3 star pelts, hitting them with the right shot, right weapon, etc.. It's really well done. Every time I return to my camp, I shoot a deer for my people. Love it

The complete randomness of the world continues to amaze. I rolled up on a really ugly scene. A bloody leg, with boot still on it, and a pool of blood with NOTHING else. Hilarious.

The money system/economy nailed it. I think in a lot of open world type games, the money is really too easy to come by. You can buy out everything with ease. But here, I think it's just perfect. You have money, but you have to be smart about what you want to buy.

I didn't think RDR could be topped, but I'm only about 35% through and I really believe they have. For anyone who hasnt't played RDR, do yourself a favor and play it, because it's a tremendous game.

All I want to do is hunt and fish LOL

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I'm 65% through.....and even though I'm over halfway done with the storyline, I'll be playing much longer to discover everything there is to discover....

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
im onto AC Odyssey right now. MAN IS THIS GAME long. lol.

I have about a solid month playing it and I would say im only a little more than 50% complete. Doesn't have the detail graphic wise that RDR II has, but the story is pretty great ( I love Spartan/Athenian timeframe - greek gods, etc. so this is right up my alley).

Looking forward to Ace Combat 7 shortly. I have been holding onto my PSVR for this game only.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T

I rolled up on a really ugly scene. A bloody leg, with boot still on it, and a pool of blood with NOTHING else. Hilarious.

If you come across this again, follow the blood trail, there should be a decapitated head with a map to other sites...the work of a serial killer who leaves clues for you to find him and his hideous lair.....

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Tyler_Derden

I rolled up on a really ugly scene. A bloody leg, with boot still on it, and a pool of blood with NOTHING else. Hilarious.

If you come across this again, follow the blood trail, there should be a decapitated head with a map to other sites...the work of a serial killer who leaves clues for you to find him and his hideous lair.....

oh dang, i will have to check that out

I got enough pelts to craft the legend of the east satchel. You basically can carry as much of anything as you want, and you probably won't have to worry about money again lol.

S
Legend
Legend
S

Looking forward to Ace Combat 7 shortly. I have been holding onto my PSVR for this game only.

Not sure about the VR part of it, but Metacritic gave the game an 81 for ps4 and xb1. I think for that game, it's a good review. I talked to a friend that got it and he likes it a lot.

Think I will pick it up after RDR2. I'm about halfway through the game, and I figure by the time I finish it'll be discounted

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Anybody else gonna play the Anthem beta this weekend?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

Not sure about the VR part of it, but Metacritic gave the game an 81 for ps4 and xb1. I think for that game, it's a good review. I talked to a friend that got it and he likes it a lot.

Think I will pick it up after RDR2. I'm about halfway through the game, and I figure by the time I finish it'll be discounted
I wont spoil nothing for you, ive completed RDRII, man, what a great story.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I wont spoil nothing for you, ive completed RDRII, man, what a great story.

I finished as well, tremendous story. Excited for those who are still in the middle of it and get to experience it for the first time.

Eat it Phil...
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I'm getting towards the end of chapter 6......and I'm trying to accomplish as many tasks as I can away from the storyline bc I just don't want it to end.....

Plus, my girl bought this official guide telling you where to find interesting stuff...like indian burial grounds, pagan ritual sites, a giant, a man-made mutant, dinosaur bones, rock carvings, unique items....and it tells you things to do that are time sensitive...like, you have to do before the epilogue, or things that only become available after the epilogue....

SO she is always telling me where to go, what to check out, etc.....

But its getting to the point where I'm gonna have to start heading into the end of the story...... superconfused

S
Legend
Legend
S
This is also a great site for finding stuff if you get stumped...

https://rdr2map.com/

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
So....I'm kinda late to the party regarding the ps4......though, I was an avid gamer when I had my ps3...…

Anyhow......lately I've been playing rdr2...and I'm close to ending the storyline....

And my brother...seeing as he's spending the next year hiking/backpacking, he gave me a bunch of his games; as he won't have any use for them on the trail...

So I'm wondering what to get into next??

He's given me gta V which I was playing up to around 50% completion before rdr2 came out...

He's also given me Batman: Arkham knight, which he highly recommended even though he's not a big superhero guy...

He's given me Uncharted Anthology 1-3 remastered I think...

Madden 19

And finally, The Last of Us remastered.....which I've heard a lot about....

Would one of these be great for my next quest.....or is there something else I should look into...

I used to like Fallout: New Vegas.....so I've heard Fallout 4 is amazing...

A coworker talks endlessly about skyrim……

Or is there something else out there that I'm missing.....

I'm not really into fps.....I do like some platformers like God of War....and I heard the new one is great...though my brother said that he was forced to return it because of how annoying the banter between kratos and his son had gotten.....in his opinion, it made the game completely unplayable....idk.....

I enjoy adventure games with puzzles and exploration....like maybe there is an amazing Tomb Raider game I missed.....or maybe by-pass the uncharted anthology and go directly to uncharted 4....

I know for certain that Fallout 76 is not within my consideration just based on all I've read.....

But.....anyone have any recommendations??? Where to go next???

As I've said, I'm pretty new to the ps4, so, it can be an older title, just so long as it will grow into a memorable gaming experience....

Thank you for any input!!!!!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
So....I'm kinda late to the party regarding the ps4......though, I was an avid gamer when I had my ps3...…

Anyhow......lately I've been playing rdr2...and I'm close to ending the storyline....

And my brother...seeing as he's spending the next year hiking/backpacking, he gave me a bunch of his games; as he won't have any use for them on the trail...

So I'm wondering what to get into next??

He's given me gta V which I was playing up to around 50% completion before rdr2 came out...

He's also given me Batman: Arkham knight, which he highly recommended even though he's not a big superhero guy...

He's given me Uncharted Anthology 1-3 remastered I think...

Madden 19

And finally, The Last of Us remastered.....which I've heard a lot about....

Would one of these be great for my next quest.....or is there something else I should look into...

I used to like Fallout: New Vegas.....so I've heard Fallout 4 is amazing...

A coworker talks endlessly about skyrim……

Or is there something else out there that I'm missing.....

I'm not really into fps.....I do like some platformers like God of War....and I heard the new one is great...though my brother said that he was forced to return it because of how annoying the banter between kratos and his son had gotten.....in his opinion, it made the game completely unplayable....idk.....

I enjoy adventure games with puzzles and exploration....like maybe there is an amazing Tomb Raider game I missed.....or maybe by-pass the uncharted anthology and go directly to uncharted 4....

I know for certain that Fallout 76 is not within my consideration just based on all I've read.....

But.....anyone have any recommendations??? Where to go next???

As I've said, I'm pretty new to the ps4, so, it can be an older title, just so long as it will grow into a memorable gaming experience....

Thank you for any input!!!!!

Some decent games in there my friend.

I would personally go with Last of Us. The graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is fluid and the story is outstanding.

GTA is fun and you will have a good time playing it. But if you want a great story with great gameplay, Last of Us is the way to go.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Another vote for The Last of Us. I would also finish up GTAV.

Eat it Phil...
S
Legend
Legend
S
I can give you some of my recommendations, but I really only do offline single player type stuff. I don't get too much into online, although maybe that will change at some point. My nephew just got a ps4 as well so I'm sure he's gonna want to play me online in something..

As said before Last of us and GTA V ports to ps4 are awesome...

I really loved Shadow of Mordor. Really cool game. Have not played the sequel.

Witcher 3, and you can probably get it on the cheap. Well worth the price, and the DLC for it is supposed to be awesome.

People are raving about the new Resident Evil 2 remake. I have not played it myself.

I loved Far Cry 5. Just mindless shooting with a fun storyline.

Mad Max was the first game I bought and I loved every second of it. So much fun.

Dying Light is awesome.

Everybody's Golf is a cool golf-arcade style game. It really sucks that EA isn't doing golf games anymore, because the courses would look amazing on ps4 graphics.

The Bioshock Trilogy is cool if you are a huge fan of the game. Pretty good port. I think the last game is remastered, maybe the last 2, but they still look great for previous gen games.

I bought MGS Phantom Pain, because it was highly rated, looked cool, and it was dirt cheap on Amazon. I got bored by it, and deleted the upload from my console. I may bust that one out sometime down the line, but I just could not get into it.

Watch Dogs 2 was AWESOME if you love GTA style games.

Tons of good games out there, and prices for some of these are quite reasonable.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I was looking for a fight night type game.....used to love those boxing games....really all the fight nights......but they don't make them anymore.

I don't think there is a single next-gen boxing game....

S
Legend
Legend
S
I was looking for a fight night type game.....used to love those boxing games....really all the fight nights......but they don't make them anymore.

People seem to say pretty good things about the UFC games. Never plaeyd them myself.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

People seem to say pretty good things about the UFC games. Never plaeyd them myself.
I miss fight night. lol

The UFC games are fun. But fight nights were so much more.

UFC has great grahics, and motions/animations. But the gameplay is very complicated as are the controls imo.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd kill for another Fight Night. I was just playing some Knockout Kings 2000 on my PS Classic last night.

Eat it Phil...
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: brownsfan2119
I'd kill for another Fight Night. I was just playing some Knockout Kings 2000 on my PS Classic last night.
They were a cut above, and one of EAs last decent franchises - of course they would cancel them lol.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming The Gaming Thread, Part III

Link Copied to Clipboard