Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
Pelosi throws shade as Green New Deal unveiled: ‘Green dream or whatever they call it’

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., is set to release her much-touted “Green New Deal” on Thursday -- a package of far-reaching, big-government proposals like health care for all, federal job guarantees and a push to eliminate U.S. carbon emissions -- but it’s already receiving shade from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

“It will be one of several or maybe many suggestions that we receive,” Pelosi told Politico on Wednesday. “The green dream or whatever they call it, nobody knows what it is, but they’re for it right?”

The ding by Pelosi comes just as Ocasio-Cortez and Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass., are teasing the ambitious deal and set to unveil it at a Thursday afternoon press conference. The measure is currently in a form of a non-binding resolution -- meaning even if it passes it won’t do anything. But it formally outlines the proposal in Congress for the first time and would mark a start on the path toward what Ocasio-Cortez has called “a wartime-level, just economic mobilization plan to get to 100% renewable energy.” Cost estimates for the sprawling proposal range into the trillions.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-...er-they-call-it

Meh OAC, WHATEVA. rofl

P
Legend
Legend
P
It is a shame how some Democrats don't walk lock step in line with each other on every issue. One may think they actually think for themselves rather than follow some orange God around rubber stamping everything he says.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
She is right and she is wrong.

Where she is wrong: The Green deal or some variation of it is going to happen. They can fight it for their special interest all they want, the youth of this generation want this so it is WHEN and NOT IF.

Where she is right: AOC embraces this “pop off, hand clap, clap back” nonsense. Almost always I’ll conceived and not well thought out. When you act like a child they are going to treat you like one. Sure your twitter mentions are full of “LOOOVE YOU GUURRL” but no one give a crap about your twitter cred when proposing a new deal, it actually hurts your credibility as a serious law maker.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It also, one would think, hurts your credibility as a president.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
So...If you were a dem congress person you would be in lock step with the minute be for birth or even after birth of euthanizing a living breathing human being that the sick people in your party are for all because you hate Trump. You do realize that's murder and you be for it. right.

Last edited by Riley01; 02/07/19 02:03 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I have no idea where something like your comment even came from.

notallthere

My point was that Democrats often don't walk lock step in line with each other. It's a novel idea for some and doesn't always bode well for winning elections.

Take the Bernie verses Hillary factions. One in ten Bernie supporters voted for Trump. Enough to have changed the outcome of the election.

I'm not going to follow you down the tangent road.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

My point was that Democrats often don't walk lock step in line with each other.

WHA???

Delay, Obstruct, And Resist has been their cry for two years now while their propaganda wing (Media) have also reported everything in lockstep, using the very same words on each story!

notallthere

P
Legend
Legend
P
You must mean when Obama was president.

#gmstrong
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I missed your point....ok then my bad

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
It also, one would think, hurts your credibility as a president.

What about what about what about. poke

P
Legend
Legend
P
When you lie every day it becomes a topic every day.

#gmstrong
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
He missed your point' I guess lmao

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is embarrassing.

Link Copied to Clipboard