Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
T
Rookie
Rookie
T
This is a fantastic move by Dorsey. We are giving a kid a chance to turn his life around and I'm sure there will be zero tolerance from the Browns, and I mean zero. It is very cheap for us and the kid can flat out ball. He is more talented than Chubb but he is a different type of runner. Best backfield in the league if Hunt can redeem himself.

I don't condone his actions but believe in second chances. Let's see if he appreciates his.

C
CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C
How the hell are we going to trade for him if he's on a one year deal and he's suspended past the week 10 trade deadline? And why would we trade him if we're in the middle of the playoff run. Don't jump ahead of yourself, Diam.

V
Legend
Legend
V
He'll be a RFA after the year. We can tender him and trade him if we so choose to do so after the season.

The bottom line is that we have options. We can trade him or keep one of the very best dual-threat RBs in the entire NFL. And other the some negative press, the cost is extremely low.

It was a brilliant move. I'm just glad we beat the Bears to the punch!

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Originally Posted By: BpG
He’s definitely not a role model. Cannot and will not make any excuses for hitting a woman. He is definitely a piece of crap in that instance, but everyone makes mistakes.

And he is a good player, very good. Probably and likely a little over rated in Andy Reids system but 1yr, 1 mil? Seems like a deal to me.

It's not a mistake to attack a woman, it's a character flaw.

We have no idea how many games he will be suspended for. He could be out all next year... Or at least a good bit of it. I don't like this but it's not a surprise. He better get and keep his **** together. Guess I can't bitch about the Squealers having a sexual predator at QB any longer...

It can be both.

If Ray Rice knocked his girlfriend unconscious and dragged her body around got 3 games. Obviously it was mishandled so lets say that offense gets him 8 games in today's NFL. If we get Hunt for 8 games for 1m dollars and he's an RFA, it's a nice gamble.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
My second reaction is... why? (the us already having Chubb and Duke issue)

The value is insane. We get a great player for nearly a minimum salary for two years.

Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Hey, Marshawn Lynch was run out of Buffalo for similar stuff, iirc. He ended up turning it around.

Lynch had a hit and run and DUI (separate incidents).

L
Legend
Legend
L
These are the moves good front offices make..i know it seems unexpected here given our history. But Dorsey is shaping up to be the best GM we've ever had

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Its just all about adding weapons. We added one of the best young dual threats in league probably top 3 dual threats.

Legend
Legend
i see we trying to make a superbowl push NOW!

lets go browns!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I'm not sure how many RB's people think will actually get substantial playing time. I could see Duke as a situational WR, but if they plan to use Hunt it would only mean Duke's touches from the RB formation will lessen.

And I'd hate to see that, but in the end, the player that makes us better is the one I want on the field.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish

lets go browns!

This free agency period is definitely going to be interesting and exciting.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Lynch was also accused of raping at least one and prolly more UNDERAGED girls in Buffalo ...

He had to go ... it was a DIFFERENT TIME in our society ... they HATED him in Buffalo ... as good as he was ... he would have NEVER BEEN accepted there ... EVER ...

And they had Fred Jackson i believe at the time .. they had another real good RB ... i think it was Fred ... he was the exact opposite of Lynch ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
Can you imagine if we are in the playoff hunt and healthy, rested Hunt [intended] comes back for the last 4-6 games?

L
Legend
Legend
L
another mitigating factor, 3 incidents and was never arrested.. Two of them the other party was the aggressor. In fact the one in the nightclub, the guy who called the police ended up being arrested. Not saying striking a woman is right. But after everything thats out, no charges have been pressed and he wasn't arrested. Everyone saying pregnant woman, that was Hill, who choked and punched his preggo GF in the face

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I do have one question - I have seen it mentioned here, as well as on other social media, that this could spell the end of Duke here. Why would Duke be the odd one out? Why would it not be Hilliard or Mays?

Remember last year the talk about town was how are we going to get Hyde, Johnson and Chubb enough carries..

The answer last year was to trade Hyde, expand the roll of Chubb and Johnson.

Johnson is a good player,, very good in fact, but if Hunt is as good as he was prior, we are going to be very solid and Johnson may be the odd man out.

Geez, Johnson, Hunt and Chubb in the backfield... LOL That might be fun to watch..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I'll be fine with this as long as he makes an effort to show how he's trying to improve.

C
CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
another mitigating factor, 3 incidents and was never arrested.. Two of them the other party was the aggressor. In fact the one in the nightclub, the guy who called the police ended up being arrested. Not saying striking a woman is right. But after everything thats out, no charges have been pressed and he wasn't arrested. Everyone saying pregnant woman, that was Hill, who choked and punched his preggo GF in the face

Yep. The dude clearly has a drinking problem that I hope he can fix. Someone will always give you a reason to get angry at them if you're that type of person. To be honest, I kinda give him a pass since the woman used a racial slur.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Another thing to consider. The two teams w/the most interest in Hunt were the Bears and Browns. Nagy was the OC in KC and Dorsey was the GM in KC. I'd say those two guys know about Hunt more than the rest of us.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Swish

lets go browns!

Jump on those 30-1 odds while you can!

Legend
Legend

Man I would not like to be a defensive coordinator going against our offense.

Freddie must be in hog heaven today just contemplating how he will use him.

He is an exceptional cut back runner. He is also a terrific receiver.

We now have an super versatile backfield Chubb, Duke, and Hunt can all catch the ball and run like hell.

Lots of weapons.

Our OL was playing very well toward the end. If Harrison and Robinson come back as improved players. Damn, we will be hard to stop. Play action, trap plays, and screens should be killer. When you roll blocking in one direction and run to cut back lanes Hunt, Chubb and Duke can kill you.

Even with Landry, Callaway, Higgens, and Perriman we threw the ball well adding Duke, Chubb, and Njoku as pass options.

If we add there it will have to be stud to really have an impact.

Dorsey is in the cat bird seat.

C
CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Lynch was also accused of raping at least one and prolly more UNDERAGED girls in Buffalo ...

He had to go ... it was a DIFFERENT TIME in our society ... they HATED him in Buffalo ... as good as he was ... he would have NEVER BEEN accepted there ... EVER ...

And they had Fred Jackson i believe at the time .. they had another real good RB ... i think it was Fred ... he was the exact opposite of Lynch ...

That was my recollection as well... although there might not have been any actual charges filed.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I didn't waste my time ready through everybody's replies. This was a good signing by the Browns *Standing ovation for it* Was it right or wrong morally????? That is up to each one of us to hash out. BUT anybody who is against this signing is just.... ummmm not very bright IMO and IMO opinion only.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Chiefs realizing they were a little premature and probably didn't do their diligence on the situation.

Legend
Legend
We can debate the morality until we're blue in the face. But from a pure fan standpoint, I think about it like this. If Kareem Hunt is a key reason we win the Super Bowl, will Browns fans put an asterisk next to that victory?

I know I wouldn't.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend

When players produce their past is quickly forgotten.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Chiefs realizing they were a little premature and probably didn't do their diligence on the situation.

Yeah... that's weird. They cut him just to try to get him back? Seems weird.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
L
Legend
Legend
L
Madden 20 just got alot more fun to play as the browns..lol

M
Legend
Legend
M
This is a low risk signing as he costs next to nothing and you control him next year as a RFA. Like others mentioned, it was not surprising that the Browns were in on this based on the Dorsey connection. I'm interested to see what the NFL rules in terms of suspension, because if Kareem comes back and plays like his first couple of years, Chubb might be pushed out of the starting role over time. He was the better running back last year but Chubb was also just a rookie. Who knows, perhaps Chubb continues his upward trajectory but it will be interesting to watch this unfold.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
he's really good. we got better and tougher to defend for very cheap

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
this is what I expect to happen. 10 game suspension, 5 of which will be on 2018. The only reason it is this long is because of the night club punch thrown also.

With no citations issued. I do not expect more than 4 games. He had been investigated and not penalized when the Chiefs cut him.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: brownsfansince79
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
Duke must be asking where he fits in all this, but who knows if Kareem sticks.

My thoughts exactly. Hunt's personal stuff aside, he adds real firepower to this team. How does Duke keep his job if Hunt can be on the field?

And will Hunt "play nice" with Chubb as our number 1 back?

There is room for all three. When Hunt can play, I'd expect him and Chubb to get somewhat equal carries.

I don't think we ever really looked at Duke as a back who runs. He is our pass catcher.

Plus, Chubb, Hunt, and Johnson in a wishbone would be pretty awesome.

Good move by Dorsey. Hunt should get a chance. He was going to get signed by someone. I am glad that someone is us.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C

Not attempting to contact the victim is a problem.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Why? He isn't hiring her.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The business aspects of this signing are all favorable for the team. The competitive advantage it creates on the field and the controlling of his rights into 2020 is genius.

I don't think the offense we saw the second half of '18 will be the same offense we see in '19. Meaning the offense is bound to evolve and Todd Monken's involvement could alter how Duke is used in the offense. I think most presumptions about Duke's role is based on the past Brown's offenses. We won't know for some time how this will impact him.

I said in another thread that I thought Hunt's incident was worse than Jeffery Simmons' so if we can sign Hunt, in my mind it is less troubling to draft Simmons.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
We dont need this asshat woman beater.

Boo.

No Craps Given
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Why? He isn't hiring her.

What would be accomplished by contacting the victim?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Nothing.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We all saw this coming didn't we?

The fact that he's been hanging around his buddies when all 3 incidents happened and he'll be even closer to his buddies now that he's back home isn't the best scenario, but he's got about $40 million reasons to keep a level head for the next couple of years.

He is also a great pass catcher out of the backfield and the chess pieces the Browns now have out of 2 back sets are going to be pretty awesome.

On 3rd and meds/longs now we can line up KH and DJ in a 2 back set and run plays designed for 5 WR's.

I would expect Duke to get plenty of playing time at WR and Chubb to be the bell cow until KH is able to play. When KH gets to play, teams will focus on him, so move him around a bit and take advantage of that.

We can feed a few mouths for a little while, and we'll only have a few mouths for a little while. Let's just make sure we get plenty of trade value from whoever we move on from by not forgetting to put the ball in their hands this season.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns sign Kareem Hunt

Link Copied to Clipboard