Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
V
Legend
Legend
V
I was repeating what the media dudes were saying. I surmised that they were saying that Oklahoma's offense is more fundamentally similar to Kingsbury's than the offense that Rosen ran while at UCLA.

E
Legend
Legend
E
thought so, just didn't read like I think you attempted.

Question?

Do you think a team with many needs (only way to describe a team picking #1) Will take a QB two years in a row. We are talking about Rosen who was a QB from a very strong class. Not the stupidity of the Browns in their drafting prowess drafted 2 years in succession a First Round QB and not that they drafted, Weeden, Manziel and others were as good as Rosen.

So back to the question. Do you think they actually would use the #1 pick on a QB making it the 2nd year in a row picking a QB in the first round. Not only first round but top 10 and then #1???

I know possibly you and I would cause as Browns fans understand how important it is to take a QB.

But also we know if Kingsbury does not succeed and we all know taking an Overall #1 QB its highly likely they will utilize him right away and with the entire team learning a new system it will take time to succeed. HC's in this WIN NOW NFL might not last. As for the owner he just fired his HC after one season.
So patience my not be their owners virtue. So that the next HC might not hold the same O philosophy and want a POCKET passer which Murray would not be a good candidate for.

jmh?

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't know what the Cardinals will do, but I wouldn't do that. I think you have to give a qb that you invested so much in at least 3 seasons to find out if he is--or isn't--the guy.

Then again, I find the hiring of Kingsbury to be very strange. So who knows what the hell the Cardinals will do???

E
Legend
Legend
E
I think its an interesting situation. We can ASSume that Kingbury still holds Murray as the top QB for his system. They have that talented top 10 QB just taken last season.

Variables abound but I think in this win know NFL that would further Kingsbury to actually strongly press the FO in Zona to take HIS QB for the system.

But for me this is the biggest variable.

Zona's OL was terrible.
in 14 games Rosen was SACKED 45 TIMES...gosh or I should say josh knows how many HITS he took on top of those Sacks.

Lets say they take Murray. In the history of NFL Football the more a QB goes out of the pocket either by choice or design those who have great scrambling and running ability actually get SACKED MORE and obviously get HIT more than the norm.

My point is this. Rosen or Murray whoever is going to be their QB the next two seasons is going to get HIT tremendously this has been a formula of not success but of permanent damage to the QB physically and mentally. Luck looks to have survived his damage, I think he was so special that is the only reason he survived and also the commitment by the Colts FO to secure a functional OL to save his career.

The Cards only have one pick in the first round so that if they take QB there isn't an impact pick until the 2nd round for them to improve their team. What I thought was an important variable also is the fact (I think) is Zona is 4 mil over the CAP. So that they cannot be players in the FA Market.

Picking #1 regardless we can be assured that OL will not be in their mix of choices at #1.

Possibly their best bet if they are committed to Rosen is to drop back not once but possibly twice to accumulate multiple picks in the first and second rounds and make an investment into the OL to protect said QB.

This is my thinking. If they do not do this. They will waste their picks on a QB because they will eventually become damaged goods.

jmho and thinking out loud which could be dangerous...lol laugh

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Cardinals could select Bosa at #1, then potentially trade Rosen to Redskins for #15 and select Murray (if he is still there).

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
The Cards only have one pick in the first round so that if they take QB there isn't an impact pick until the 2nd round for them to improve their team. What I thought was an important variable also is the fact (I think) is Zona is 4 mil over the CAP. So that they cannot be players in the FA Market.

Picking #1 regardless we can be assured that OL will not be in their mix of choices at #1.

Possibly their best bet if they are committed to Rosen is to drop back not once but possibly twice to accumulate multiple picks in the first and second rounds and make an investment into the OL to protect said QB.

This is my thinking. If they do not do this. They will waste their picks on a QB because they will eventually become damaged goods.

I agree w/this completely!

C
CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C
If I'm Jacksonville I take Kyler Murray and don't look back.

If I'm the Cardinals, I take Nick Bosa and eventually trade him to someone in the top 10, preferably the top 5.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
5' 10+"
207 lbs.
9 1/2"

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
#1 in the 2nd Round. Hehehe

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
5' 10+"
207 lbs.
9 1/2"

These are the shoes he wore.

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
Josh Rosen to the Saints, Kyler Murray 1/1.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
5' 10+"
207 lbs.
9 1/2"

9.5 inches? Good for him.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Rosen to either Giants, Jags, or Patriots and Kyler Murray at 1/1.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

We are on the same wavelength. If I were the Jaguars I’d be willing to give up quite a bit to get Rosen instead of paying Nick Foles.

Legend
Legend

The Foles domino has to fall first. That'll dictate where Rosen and Murray go in my opinion. I could see 5-7 teams trying for Foles. Wouldn't you take Foles over Rosen or Murray right now?

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Rosen would be a great fit in DC.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
We are on the same wavelength. If I were the Jaguars I’d be willing to give up quite a bit to get Rosen instead of paying Nick Foles.

I guess I don't understand, Foles is a known commodity. He was a dropped pass away from getting the Eagles back to the NFCCG this past season. He's the goods. Rosen may be cheaper, but he doesn't have the resume of Foles.

Plus, we don't even know what Foles is asking to get. Does he want Cousins money?

[Linked Image]

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack

The Foles domino has to fall first. That'll dictate where Rosen and Murray go in my opinion. I could see 5-7 teams trying for Foles. Wouldn't you take Foles over Rosen or Murray right now?

Good point about Foles. Tough call.

Rosen and Murray will be on rookie contracts. Foles is going to get paid in a big way and that limits where you can spend money on other areas of the team. Of course, trading for Rosen will be costly.

Foles is somewhat proven and the other two aren't. Yet, Foles is getting older. I think he is 30, but I'm not sure.

I don't know. It's a good discussion and I have to think about it and listen to arguments from both sides before I commit to anything.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I agree 100% .... i think getting Foles is a NO-BRAINER ....

He’s READY and there WINDOW IS OPEN NOW ....

Rosen learned how to get his ass whooped last year ... PT is huge but how much did the negatives outweighs the positives for Josh last year ...

He played in a HORRIBLE SYSTEM, behind a HORRIBLE LINE and with David Johnson being way way way underutilized ...

I think the Jags actually hired Leeftowich who was the OC in Zona after they fired the first goof ... my only point being Leftowich should know how ready Josh is ....

cfr/vers or others has there been some news over the last day or so about Rosen being traded or are u just basing it off the fact there new HC said he would take Murray #1 long before he knew he’d end up in the nfl much less with the 1st pick? ...

Just curious ... wondering if i missed sumptin ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
It's been a hot topic for awhile now and it blew-up once Murray was listed at just over 5'10"

The Cardinals GM, Steve Keim, was asked if Rosen was the Cardinals QB. He replied w/something like this. "Yes, for right now...."

Legend
Legend
Can they afford Foles? They are on the hook for the next two years to Smith for 42 million.

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Washington? Hmmmm..........I'm not sure.

Legend
Legend
5' 10+"
207 lbs.
9 1/2"

tsktsk

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
naughtydevil

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
5' 10+"
207 lbs.
9 1/2"

tsktsk

9.5 inches? That is tiny.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Only if I were going to run a very similar system to the Eagles. WCO all the way. He's pretty good in that system if he has weapons and a line. I only sign him if I am fully committed to that kind of offense.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
5' 10+"
207 lbs.
9 1/2"

207? he added a good amount for this weigh-in, didn't he? Might explain why he isn't running.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Foles in Washington? I would bet no. I would venture to guess they roll the dice with McCoy this year.

Best bet for Foles is probably Florida... Jacksonville or Miami.

Also, I don't think there's any way that the Cardinals swap out Rosen for Murray. What a blunder that would be.

Without trades, the top 5 teams don't really need QBs. Giants should go for Haskins. At the moment I'm guessing Murray in the teens... but at some point he'll probably be top 5. At the moment nothing has changed for me if I'm in need of a QB, I want nothing to do with Murray.

D
Legend
Legend
D
KYLER MURRAY
QB, COLLEGE PLAYER

According to Ralph Vacchiano of SNY, "many NFL sources" believe the Cardinals are targeting Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray with the top pick in April's draft.

The rumor mill is firing on all cylinders this time of year, so we're taking this report with a grain of salt. With that said, this is obviously not the first time Murray has been linked to the Cardinals. Kliff Kingsbury famously asserted that he would draft Murray first overall if he had the chance, though that was before the Cardinals hired him as head coach. One source told Vacchiano that Murray "fits exactly what Kingsbury wants to do" while another said "it's a perfect match." Despite an underwhelming rookie year, it's still difficult to believe Arizona would throw in the towel so soon on 2018 first-rounder Josh Rosen. However, if the Cardinals do decide to shop Rosen, the quarterback-needy Giants would likely be one of his top suitors.

RELATED: Arizona Cardinals
SOURCE: SNY.com
Mar 1, 2019, 2:56 PM

V
Legend
Legend
V
The Giants could be something different if they trade for Rosen and upgrade their OL to go along w/Barkley, OBJ, Engram, and company.

Legend
Legend
The Giants could be something different if they trade for Rosen and upgrade their OL to go along w/Barkley, OBJ, Engram, and company.

On the surface the Giants sound like a great fit for Rosen. What about the NY media and Rosen's vanilla personality, could be an oil and water mix.

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Good point. Maybe.

Although, NYC is liberal and so is Rosen They might not go after him like they would in the midwest or the south.

Legend
Legend
I still think that Rosen in DC, playing for Shanahan, is a match made in heaven.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I still think that Rosen in DC, playing for Shanahan, is a match made in heaven.

What year is it?

Legend
Legend
Gruden.

Sorry. Brain fart.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Even though you misspoke, Rosen would be very good in Shanny's O.

Of course, that won't happen because they have Jimmy G, but I just thought it was worth noting.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
J/C
The Cards,specifically the GM is in a tough spot.
Having the top pick in a draft the year after 5 or 6 QBs were taken in the 1st round,and you were one of them diminishes the value of that #1 pick.It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know the Cards aren't drafting a QB,but they sure as hell would love to trade out of it.
Steve Kiem is putting on a good show,but I doubt any of the other GMs are buying into it.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Legend
Legend
How great is it we don't need a qb

<><

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
5' 10+"
207 lbs.
9 1/2"

tsktsk

9.5 inches? That is tiny.

Tom Thumb...is Murray british?

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season 2019 NFL Draft Kyler Murray Picks Football over Baseball

Link Copied to Clipboard