Next Thread
Print Thread
BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
https://www.dailywire.com/news/43289/ilh...paign=dwtwitter

Quote:
Anti-Semitic Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) promoted anti-Semitic conspiracy theories on Sunday and retweeted a tweet that said "[Omar] might as well call [Jews] hook-nosed."

Omar's vile remarks came in response to a Haaretz report that stated that Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy was going to take action against anti-Semitic Reps. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) and Omar.

"If [Democrats] do not take action I think you’ll see action from myself," McCarthy said. "This cannot sustain itself. It’s unacceptable in this country."

Omar, who has promoted anti-Semitic conspiracy theories that were used by Nazi Germany, said that the GOP's support for Israel was "all about the Benjamins baby."

An hour later, Omar promoted another anti-Semitic conspiracy theory, falsely stating that The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) is paying American politicians "to be pro-Israel."

Omar then retweeted the following tweet that stated she "might as well call [American Jews] hook-nosed."

"I’m one of those American Jews who opposes the occupation, laments Israel’s anti-democratic drift, and doesn’t regard the country as especially central to my Jewish identity," Politico magazine editor Joshua Zeitz tweeted. "And I know exactly what the congresswoman meant. She might as well call us hook-nosed."

Rep. Max Rose (D-NY) slammed Omar in a statement on Sunday night over her anti-Semitism:

Democrat Chelsea Clinton responded to Omar's anti-Semitism by saying that she was going to talk to Omar about her "anti-Semitic language and tropes."

"We should expect all elected officials, regardless of party, and all public figures to not traffic in anti-Semitism," Clinton tweeted.

Omar responded by suggesting that she was the victim of criticism over her blatant anti-Semitism.

"Chelsea - I would be happy to talk," Omar tweeted. "We must call out smears from the GOP and their allies. And I believe we can do that without criticizing people for their faith. I look forward to building an inclusive movement for justice with you."

In an interview with CNN last week, Omar said it was "exciting" that her anti-Semitic views were sparking debate "finally able to have conversations that we weren't really willing to."

When Omar was pressed about her support for anti-Semitic Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) campaigns against Israel she ran and refused to answer the question.

AIPAC responded to Omar's anti-Semitic conspiracy theory, tweeting: "We are proud that we are engaged in the democratic process to strengthen the US-Israel relationship. Our bipartisan efforts are reflective of American values and interests. We will not be deterred in any way by ill-informed and illegitimate attacks on this important work."

P
Legend
Legend
P
Nah, lobbyists have no power on political decisions.

wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
No argument there.

This person hasn't been in office a year and is at least tacitly passing antisemitism. Then has the gall to say we need to call out the GOP smears. lol, this is what happens when Twitter goes wrong. These young politicians want to be celebrities.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Trump Derangement Syndrome!

F
Legend
Legend
F
Again, stupid people saying stupid stuff on Twitter. When will they learn?

Last edited by FloridaFan; 02/12/19 05:19 PM.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Didn't she tweet something before about Israel is evil and allah needs to awaken them or something?

Ahh, heres the tweet.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: BpG
These young politicians want to be celebrities.

I'd agree with that. They can see how being a celebrity can help their political goals. Trump has proven that. He's also proven how saying outrageous and shocking things can rally support. I think to some degree the dye has been cast and we are all losing from it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
J\K Can somebody explain to me why the majority of Jews vote Democratic? Seems like the Dems throw them under the bus at every chance.

The fake media will work hard to make this little idiot a household name like AOC.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
It's funny what people in this thread has said about George Soros and Michael Bloomberg...

P
Legend
Legend
P
Some people don't blindly support everything a nation does or says. Sometimes you can support their people and not support their government.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
It's funny what people in this thread has said about George Soros and Michael Bloomberg...
ehhh, there is a difference between criticizing a person that happens to be jewish, and criticizing the entire jewish population.

Now if you are referring to comments about them being Jewish specifically, than I am wrong. But I don't recall anyone criticizing them for simply being Jewish.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
ehhh, there is a difference between criticizing a person that happens to be jewish, and criticizing the entire jewish population.

Now if you are referring to comments about them being Jewish specifically, than I am wrong. But I don't recall anyone criticizing them for simply being Jewish.

Not all Jews are Israeli and not all Israelis are Jews. Conflating this is antisemitic.

Legend
Legend
apparently criticizing israel or super-pac's = criticizing people of jewish faith.

i always found it hilariously hypocritical of conservatives that they hate PC comments and want to hold our allies, who take in US money, accountable.

yet the moment something is said about israel, they demand PC comments and hate those who want to hold a country, who takes in US money, accountable.

Last edited by Swish; 02/12/19 04:57 PM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

Not all Jews are Israeli and not all Israelis are Jews. Conflating this is antisemitic.
ARe the two you mentioned Jewish? That's who you were talking about, no?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Sorry, I misread your comment. Bloomberg, is a toss up, but the Soros hate has been pure anti-Semitism. From calling him a globalist who wants to buy our elections, to saying he was deeply involved in the Holocaust.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Sorry, I misread your comment. Bloomberg, is a toss up, but the Soros hate has been pure anti-Semitism. From calling him a globalist who wants to buy our elections, to saying he was deeply involved in the Holocaust.
Idk about that. I know plenty of Jewish people that think that about Soros.

I think that's just people who don't like the guy because he donates millions of millions of dollars to view they don't like politically. I do believe they hate him, I just don't believe (most) hate him because he is Jewish. I think they hate him because he has billions and gives it to the left. But that's JMO, and you are entitled to yours.

I don't deny there are entire groups out there that are antisemtic and hate him because he is jewish, but I would be that's smaller than most are led to believe. My grandfather was Jewish. I was raised Catholic (yuck - have you been following that CHURCH?). Which is crazy, my grandparents married at age 17, that would have been 70 years ago now......a Jewish man a devout catholic women back then....crazy now that I think about it! Now you got me off topic lol.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I think there is fair criticism of people who spend millions of dollars in our political process. However, and especially with Soros, Steyer and Bloomberg, it hangs on a lot of antisemitism. Remember the guy who shot up the Temple in Pittsburgh was motivated to do so because he read that Soros was sending money to the caravan that was going to the US. Here is the leader of the GOP in the House talking about them buying elections.

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzJ--sJX0AAPNcD?format=jpg[/img]

This was days after a pipe bomb was sent to Soros and the many other "liberals".

[media:tweet]https://twitter.com/keithboykin/status/1095144750343245825[/media]

I think he brought up a lot of excellent points.

Yes, I've been following along with the Catholic Church as I've recently been going to Mass.

As to your story, about your grandparents, it's not that crazy. Jews and Catholics faced a lot of discrimination in the Midwest during that time.

BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Just saw this one, lol

The "myth" that biological men have an advantage. Bravo

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I'm glad that BPG has found that he is as horny for Ilhan Omar as he is for AOC.

O
Legend
Legend
O

GOPers have selective outrage.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

dine

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm still confused how her tweets were anti-semitic.

I'm not sure how money plays a role. But we do blindly support Israel, and ignore the oppression that their government has pressed on the Palestinian people. Whether it be through our media or through our government, who never takes a stand for what is right over there.

And it seems that, to stand against the Israeli Government is always conveniently seen as Anti-Semetic. That's just straight bs in my book.

Always frustrated me. There's plenty of Arab countries I don't like in the Middle East. Turkey, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Lebanon. I'm sure if I saw a list, I could check off a few more.

But, that doesn't change the fact that the Palestinians are a population living under apartheid rule in Israel. And our government conveniently turns a blind eye to it. The only one who ever had any balls was John Kerry, who called it what it is, Apartheid. Human rights are for all HUMANS. And oppression is oppression, whether it's done to jews, muslims, and so forth.

But, you stand against Israel, and you stand for Anti-Semitism. That just seems to be the way it works....... And that's just a convenient cop out to end an argument over an injustice to a people. Straight BS

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Ilhan Omar Promotes Anti-Semitic Conspiracy Theories, Retweets 'Hook-Nosed' Tweet

Link Copied to Clipboard