Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: eotab

DT for me its Sheldon Richardson who will be available...I think here he will find a home and become the stud he is destined for. Like his age plus talent.

jmho

If Collins gets his release and I think he will, the cap savings would help in the pursuit of Richardson. The PD article by Jake Buns says that his production was in the neighborhood of Grady Jarett. He should cost less than Jarett. I'd like that addition to the roster.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I feel we need more help on the D side than O. I don't know who will be there at # 17 because of trades, surprise picks by other teams etc. I don't know how our needs will change because we don't know who we will sign in FA. However, if I was making the decisions I would strengthen the D first. The more time Baker is on the field the better it is for us. He knows what he is doing, can certainly run the O and has good weapons. If we can get him a better O-lineman to protect or another good weapon at WR I'm all for it. We already got one at RB with KH but I would make the D a priority.

J
JAG Offline
Rookie
Rookie
J
CB would that be Byron Murphy not Mullen? He is fast. But Greedy is going to come off first I think just as fast and 6'2" making him rare. 2nd season with off season conditioning will add some muscle to Greedy and get him thicker and maybe faster.

Yeah, my bad....Byron Murphy, guess I had Trayvon Mullen on the brain too lol

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
1 nick bosa
2 Williams dl
3 Josh allen edge
4Ed Oliver dl
5 Haskins QB
6 Murray qb
7 Dainiel Jones
8 Baker CB
9 Williams CB
10 Metcalfe WR
11 Jawaan taylor ot
12 Jonah williams
13 Devin white
14 Murphy cb
15 marquis Brown wr
16 clelin Ferrell

Browns pick round 1 wilkins dt clemson
round 2 simmons

Legend
Legend

Devin White is the player I want in this draft.

He is one first year player who could come in right away and have an impact.

He may be there at #17 or it is possible that we would need to trade up five or six slots.

I think he will be worth it.

He played under Saban. He is well coached and is used too and expects to win.

He has all the physical traits and the instincts. Great tackler and can cover. He is a leader and plays hard.

When you look at the Browns he is the type of player we need.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bonefish

He may be there at #17 or it is possible that we would need to trade up five or six slots.

He has all the physical traits and the instincts. Great tackler and can cover. He is a leader and plays hard.

Agree 100%.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend

There is a good chance that when you look back one year or three years that he turns out to be the best player in this draft.

P
Legend
Legend
P
If Devin White is on the board at #17 run the card to the Commissioner as fast as you can ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend

He's a freak. Moves like a guided missile, going sideline to sideline, with instincts to match. Somehow, the great defenses always have that super-human LB with a motor that won't quit. Looks like a good start for the Browns but I feel like we would definitely have to move up.

Certainly reads like a transcendent pick at Walter Football...

Devin White*, ILB, LSU
Height: 6-2. Weight: 236.
Projected 40 Time: 4.64.
Projected Round (2019): Top-16.

2/16/19: White is your quintessential linebacker who is a physical force against the run, covers ground in pass defense, and is a team leader who sets the tone for a violent, intimidating defense. White is worthy of being a top-16 pick in any draft class because he looks like a future difference-maker as a three-down starter in the NFL. He is a good fit for either a 4-3 or a 3-4 defense. White should be a starter quickly in his NFL career and could be a Pro Bowler early on.

White totaled 123 tackles with 12 for a loss, six passes broken up, three sacks and three forced fumbles in 2018. The junior was rock solid for LSU, showing excellent run-defense skills with the ability to contribute in coverage. White is also effective at generating pass pressure when blitzing. He is extremely instinctive and has a big-time presence.

8/29/18: White had an excellent 2017 season, totaling 133 tackles with 14 tackles for a loss, 4.5 sacks, three passes broken up and one interception. White didn't get the attention of other SEC linebackers like Roquan Smith and Rashaan Evans, first-round picks in the 2018 NFL Draft, but that could easily change this fall. Here is how one of the National scouts summarized White.

"This kid could end up being similar to Ray Lewis. I'd take White over any of the linebackers this year. He's unbelievable. Unless he gets hurt or completely shuts it down to protect himself, he'll be the first linebacker drafted next year. He's the complete package. Great character. He's the signal-caller of the defense with a super football IQ. He's big, sturdy, and stout enough for Mike - middle linebacker; swift enough for Will - weakside linebacker -, great athlete and coverage instincts. Stacks up the stat boxes, all of them. He's fast, an explosive tackler, and [has] elite reactionary quickness.

"Right now, he's among the best, and maybe the best, I've scouted. Better athlete and versatility than [Dont'a] Hightower. More explosive, violent, and bigger than C.J. Mosley; same level of instincts. Better than Jerod Mayo at Tennessee. Bigger than Jonathan Vilma while being more violent and instinctive than D.J. Williams, same kind of freak athlete explosiveness-wise. [A] thumper like Sean Weatherspoon. Basically, he's a bigger version of Roquan Smith in the 240-250-pound range. He's FUN to watch. Unbelievable stamina and motor. He could be the best linebacker ever to come out of LSU."

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2019ILB.php#Q03p9DszSoM9bJdx.99

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
My top 5 guys for pick 17:

1. Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
2. Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
3. Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
4. Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson
5. DK Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss

If none of these guys are on the board, then I think we should trade down, if we can.

P
Legend
Legend
P
My Top 10 at #17:

1. Devan White LB LSU
2. Dexter Lawrence DT Clemson
3. DK Metcalf WR Ole Miss.
4. Greedy Williams CB LSU
5. DeAndre Baker CB UGA
6. Christian Wilkins DT Clemson
7. Byron Murphy CB Washington
8. Dremont Jones DT OSU
9. Devan Bush LB Michigan
10. T.J. Hockenson TE IOWA

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
T
Rookie
Rookie
T
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
My Top 10 at #17:

1. Devan White LB LSU
2. Dexter Lawrence DT Clemson
3. DK Metcalf WR Ole Miss.
4. Greedy Williams CB LSU
5. DeAndre Baker CB UGA
6. Christian Wilkins DT Clemson
7. Byron Murphy CB Washington
8. Dremont Jones DT OSU
9. Devan Bush LB Michigan
10. T.J. Hockenson TE IOWA

I like this list Pastor...

Except Metcalf wouldn't be on it, nor any receiver for that matter unless we sign a stud front 7 player in FA.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He's my #1 pick. All in. thumbsup

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Devin White is that one player I would trade up in the 1st round to draft. If I were drafting, and White was still on the board after 10, I would be burning up the phone lines.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Devin White is the best available LB that realistically can be there at #17.

Don't know him too much to make a praise or demote him.

If one of the top CBs are there I hope we take him. Is he a Kuechely type? Pro Bowl for a decade? At 17 I'm not sure we will take somebody who will predominately help our Run D.

Right now the best Run D we will have is Baker and the O scoring at will! This will have teams abandoning the run game. We know that well as it was our MO for years.

But I show him as the 16th ranked player of this draft.

Who would he replace or UPGRADE. Collins (I see Avery taking his spot) Schobert? he's been progressing and in another year at Mike...he should get better. He should be working physically as he trimmed down now he has to add muscle.

Kirksey at Will? that is a possibility but he was having his best year before his injury and the IR. All depends on his rehab I guess.

But the kid White sounds like a stud, its been a long time since we had a stud LB that wasn't there for his edge rush in a 3-4 defense.

Actually I don't think we ever had one??? Mike Johnson the best?

Thought this list was interesting.
https://www.ranker.com/list/best-cleveland-browns-linebackers/ranker-nfl

As par for the course. I remember the year before he entered the draft. I was watching all the film of BC cause people were talking about the kid who got cancer and how good he was. But Keuchely just stood out to me.

I told this board. Keuchely is going to be the NEXT GREAT MIDDLE LINEBACKER of the future. I actually was respectfully laughed at. lol laugh

It would be the first time we had a stud. I know Couseneau was drafted to be that guy but never came about.

Curious to how this will determine our D. I say at Will LB if you note that link has Schobert at all time #4 on the list.

Thanks for sharing Bone and Pastor thumbsup

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend

My error. White played for LSU not Saban.

If anyone has not watched his tape; they should.

D
Legend
Legend
D
How much do u know about the DE/DLman in this draft that may drop to around the 10 slot? ... just curious how much u know about them for comparision’s sake? ... CB’s also ....

Ty sir ..

Legend
Legend

For me the linebacker position is all about instinct and reaction speed.

I have not watched a ton of tape but I have seen enough.

The old site "Draft Breakdown" is not up this year. That hurts because you could watch all the plays of any guy you wanted to watch.

White explodes sideline to sideline. He is great at smelling plays out and closing.

He can drop into coverage. He plays with intensity and is a leader.

When I see a player like him I draft him unless I have a HOF player in his prime. When he takes someones job then I am happy. I have depth or an asset for trade.

His talent is easy to see. Not a mystery to see he is a top player in this draft.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm afraid the Bengals will take him, but they have a lot of needs so if White does make it to #17 run to the commissioner ...

P
Legend
Legend
P
Also we haven't had what I would call a great All Pro LB since Chip Banks ...

Legend
Legend

Zero.

Draft Breakdown being gone really hurts. You could pick a player and watch game tape that isolated his play.

So now you have to watch highlights or full game tape.

I don't have the patience for that and highlights don't show mistakes.

So now I have to listen to people I respect and see how they breakdown his tape.

The other thing is I have great respect for Dorsey.

The GM's we have had before; not so much.

Dorsey knows how to look. He trusts his scouts and then trusts his eyes. It is not easy to do what he has done.

I am at the point thankfully that I can wait till the draft is over and then look at who was selected.

Funny last year I didn't know a thing about Avery until he was selected. Then I watched his tape. Immediately I thought "what the hey this guy looks really good." Had no idea why he was available when we got him.

White caught my eye after Vers mentioned him. I watched some tape. I thought damn this guy is serious.

I hope we get another edge rusher to bookend Garrett. I think Ogbah would be a good rotational guy inside on down and distance. Use him inside to rush. I would love to get Clowney. But that will not happen. So I will start to look at edge guys in the draft as well as tackles.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Dorsey is so good, that I don't even find watching tape that fun anymore. What's the point in me doing a job he can do? Farmer and Lombardi on the other hand...

I'm still watching a bit because it's football, it's fun and it helps me in fantasy football, but I'm not doing a deep dive like years past.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Ty sir .... thumbsup

Legend
Legend

I will watch Path to the Draft and listen to guys like Casserly.

All I am interested in are guys who jump out to me.

I don't care where they play.

Once the first round is over. I will just see who we end up with then go look at them.

I have always been a quarterback guy. Now I don't have much interest other than seeing our guy develop.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Dorsey is so good, that I don't even find watching tape that fun anymore. What's the point in me doing a job he can do? Farmer and Lombardi on the other hand...

I'm still watching a bit because it's football, it's fun and it helps me in fantasy football, but I'm not doing a deep dive like years past.

Draft prep is not as fun when your team is actually good. It's no fun finding ancillary pieces. It's fun to try and find the guy that will turn the team around. We finally just get to sit back and relax like many others do.

Legend
Legend

Crazy but for years I would be resigned to the Browns not selecting the guy I want.

And selecting the worst guys Weeden and then Manziel. I can remember being close to physical illness.

Those two in particular I thought to be the worst picks possible. I had zero doubt about those two guys.

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
I fear that Devin White may go to the Raiders at 4. If he is there at 17 I would be knocking guys over trying to get to the podium.

Legend
Legend

I see Buffalo as a willing trade partner at #9. A 1st round pick swap that may include other help. They're expected to draft OL at #9 and only one other team (Denver) is expected to do the same before #17.

Duke? Harrison? 2nd round pick?

If the Browns see what they believe is a transcendent player, they may pull the trigger. I would expect that to mean White or top tier DL. There's a very good chance Cincy could be eyeballing the same player right behind Buffalo at #10.

Legend
Legend

Cinci is for sure a threat at 11 and White would allow them to part with Burfict.

That has been the deal that may have to be made to get White.

Legend
Legend

Yep. Thanks, sorry, Cincy is at #11.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If White falls to the Browns where will he play? He's mostly lined up as the Mike LB. Any ideas?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: guard dawg
If White falls to the Browns where will he play? He's mostly lined up as the Mike LB. Any ideas?

That's for the gurus on this board (and the Browns) to figure out. I just know he's a tremendous talent that most say would translate to a 4-3 or 3-4.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
White is good, but I'm not sure his instincts are good enough to replace either Schobert or Kirksey.

C
Legend
Legend
C

Schobert and White on the field. Kirksey to the bench.

V
Legend
Legend
V

One of the reasons I brought up White early on this year was because not only is he a ferocious tackler and run stopper, but he is also very adept in the passing game.

If we are in a traditional 3 LBer set, I think he could easily replace Collins as the Sam.

If we are in our nickel defense, I see him and Joe S. on the field.

This may be out there a bit, but I would not be too surprised if both Collins and Kirksey are no longer on the team this upcoming year.

With all that said, the chances of us drafting White are probably remote. Preston Smith [should he become available] would be a great fit at OLB. Also, I know he got picked on against the Rams, but Anthony Barr is a very good OLB.

Personally, I would like to see us move on from Collins and Kirksey. The latter is a great guy, but he struggled this year, even when healthy.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
This may be out there a bit, but I would not be too surprised if both Collins and Kirksey are no longer on the team this upcoming year.

I’ve been thinking the same thing. I think Collins will be cut and there is a good chance Kirksey is traded.

Legend
Legend
My dream is that we sign Dee Ford and draft White ......

Sure neither guy will probably be available to us ..... but man, that could be fun. wink

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I want DT, but I have feeling we may take a run at Suh from the Rams in free agency.

All Pro
All Pro
With Simmons injury and history taking him out of consideration, White would be the best case scenario, but he's generally ranked between 7th and 11th for non-qb's.

As much as I'd like a future of White and Schobert as the every down 'backers and possibly Avery as the rotating third 'backer, it's hard to imagine Cleveland being willing to trade up when we already have (rather expensive) guys in place like Collins and Kirksey.

Still a long way to go, but we will see.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
With that contract?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season 2019 NFL Draft Your pick and how do we get there.

Link Copied to Clipboard