Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack

Right, I get that 100%, but if you really did nothing wrong, I would be screaming that off the mountain tops if it was for a charge like this.

A simple, "He fell down the stairs. The investigation will prove that this was a simple accident. I'd never intentionally hurt my own kid, again."

Okay, the "again" is my own little sarcastic addition, but you get the idea.

It would probably just come across as excessive in protest, as Shakespeare portrayed in Hamlet, "The lady protests too much, methinks".

It's best to just shut-up and do what your lawyer tells you to do.

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Punch has what I would call a typical response. I mean if you pull and R. Kelly a lot of people will think you are guilty. If you say nothing a lot of people will think you are guilty. The only thing about saying nothing is people can't twist you words.

Prosecutors do it all the time to try and sway a jury. Most of us understand that different people process grief differently. Some people it doesn't really hit for a while. Some people feel they need to be strong for their children, family or others. As such they hide their grief.

But if a prosecutor decides to come after you, he will use the way you grieve against you no matter how you react. If your grief is overwhelming he'll portray it as a show and over the top. If you don't show a lot of emotion he'll say that you didn't act normally and weren't bothered by the death of a loved one making you look suspicious.

Perception is an odd animal.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
There were rumblings about Chiefs trading Tyreek Hill, per Jay Glazer - Arrowhead Pride
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/3/21...-per-jay-glazer

When The Athletic’s Jay Glazer writes about something NFL-related, it is worth taking it seriously. Glazer was the first to report any inkling about the New York Giants potentially trading Odell Beckham Jr. when many regarded it as impossible. As we know now, Beckham Jr. eventually was traded to the Cleveland Browns.

That is why this quote regarding Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill in his latest mailbag deserves some attention. Glazer speculated that Hill’s “name was being thrown about in trade talks” at the start of free agency.

[social:tweet]https://twitter.com/TheAthleticNFL/status/1108738749935042565/photo/1[/social]

Here is the full excerpt:

Any updates on the Tyreek Hill situation? — Anthony S.

I don’t think the league will jump to do something very quickly. It will take them time because of the severity and sensitivity of the matter.

On a separate note, even if none of this happened, there were questions in Kansas City about whether they could re-sign Tyreek Hill. I heard some rumblings at the start of free agency that his name was being thrown about in trade talks, but at the time thought it had to do with his contract more than anything else. I think this one will take a little while to play out.
Reports in early March said that the Chiefs were working on a “record-setting” deal for Hill, which would have presumably made him the highest-paid wide receiver in the NFL. Those talks may have been tabled once The Kansas City Star reported about Hill’s involvement in an investigation for alleged battery.

Another point we haven’t identified is if Glazer’s note means the Chiefs were shopping Hill or other teams were asking about him. And if they were shopping him, for what reason? What could have they received in return?

As our own Matt Stagner points out, it is a good reminder that there is only one untouchable player on the Chiefs, and that’s Patrick Mahomes.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There is a lot of speculation but no real news. If Hill had broken his son's arm out of anger/violence, he would most likely have been arrested on the spot. Law Enforcement generally takes DV very seriously and is quick to separate suspects from victims to ensure no further action. Again, I don't know any more than anyone else what happened. But fact that he hasn't been arrested or charged suggests to me that it's very likely an accidental injury where there may be questions of negligence.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
B
Legend
Legend
B
It is more about parental neglect IMO. The kid could have fallen down the steps. My kids, your kids could have fallen and broke a arm.

Too many woosies in this world...."You let your child near steps?"

Now if he actually did that, screw him.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
L
Legend
Legend
L
' Wussies' is the correct spelling. Otherwise you're 100 % correct.

Edit: lol, corrected my spelling error of you're.

Last edited by lampdogg; 03/21/19 08:31 PM.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
yeah... sounds like a non-story.

either the Chiefs were trying to lower his contract value or Hill's agent was lowering his trade value. LOL

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
F
Legend
Legend
F
I think he was not arrested because it was something reported by the hospital because the child had been in before for injuries and it raised a flag, so DCF is investigating. It was not a call by the mother or anyone, they are trying to determine if it was truly an accident or it was abuse.

At least that was the story I read back when it first came out.

Last edited by FloridaFan; 03/22/19 03:21 PM.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
C
Legend
Legend
C
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26596672/chiefs-hill-not-face-child-abuse-charges

Quote:
"This office has reviewed all the evidence compiled by these agencies and has declined to file charges against Tyreek Hill and Crystal Espinal," Howe said during a news conference Wednesday. "We are deeply troubled by this situation and are concerned about the health and welfare of the child in question. We believe a crime has occurred. However, the evidence in this case does not conclusively establish who committed this crime."

What a horrible situation.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I guess he got the Jussie Smollet treatment.

No Craps Given
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Before Roger Goodell, Tyreek Hill’s Fifth Amendment rights won’t save him

by Mike Florio on April 24, 2019, 4:31 PM EDT
ProFootballTalk.com

Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill won’t be prosecuted for hurting his three-year-old child, even though prosecutors believe someone hurt Hill’s three-year-old child. A prosecution won’t occur because both Hill and the boy’s mother, Crystal Espinal, can invoke their Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination and refuse to cooperate with the investigation and, ultimately, to testify at trial.

That won’t save Hill from the scrutiny of the NFL.

Here’s the key language from the Personal Conduct Policy: “Because the Fifth Amendment’s protection against self-incrimination does not apply in a workplace investigation, the league will reserve the right to compel a player to cooperate in its investigations even when he is the target of a pending law enforcement investigation or proceeding. A player’s refusal to speak to a league investigator under such circumstances will not preclude an investigation from proceeding or discipline from being imposed.”

Given Hill’s history — he pleaded guilty before entering the NFL to assaulting Espinal while she was pregnant — and the age of the child, the NFL should do what the prosecutor couldn’t do. Specifically, the NFL should presume that Hill is guilty, unless and until Hill persuasively convinces the league that he isn’t.

If he won’t talk to the league, he’s guilty. If he talks to the league but he tells a story that isn’t believable or consistent, he’s guilty. If Espinal tries to take the blame but does so in a way that, given her clear financial interest in protecting Hill, seems flimsy or not credible, he’s guilty.

Indeed, if Hill isn’t guilty he should be committed to bringing to justice whoever injured his child. And it’s fair to assume that Hill and Espinal have circled the wagons to protect each other from potential incarceration.

While that apparently will fly in Johnson County, Kansas (some would say the prosecutor should charge both of them with a crime and let a jury sort it all out, if Hill and Espinal both refuse to testify), it won’t fly at 345 Park Avenue. Especially since Hill escaped scrutiny for assaulting Espinal at a time when he was not yet subject to the Personal Conduct Policy.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-wont-save-him/

E
Legend
Legend
E
Why doesnt someone just ask the child who hurt him?

No Craps Given
V
Legend
Legend
V
I am not defending Hill and the his son's mother, but I want people to take a close look at this sentence and see how freaking misleading the media can be.

Quote:

Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill won’t be prosecuted for hurting his three-year-old child, even though prosecutors believe someone hurt Hill’s three-year-old child.

D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Without commenting on Mike Florio's writing skills, I would just say I'm a believer in Occam's Razor: the simplest explanation is usually the right one. Hill has a history. Odds are he hurt his son.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm not arguing that, Dave. I am pointing out that Florio is using slanted tactics. It used to be called "yellow journalism" back in the day. Not sure what they call it now, other than "mandatory daily writing techniques to draw more attention to your articles."

D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I'm not particularly interested in Florio's tactics because I already thought he was a hack. If there were any one thing I would critique it would be his presenting the use of fifth amendment rights by Hill and his wife, when there were no reports that I'm aware of which said they asserted that right. Not that I care, because I think Tyreek Hill hurt that child.

P
Legend
Legend
P
This often happens when people draw conclusions without evidence.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 04/25/19 07:09 PM.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
The sentence in the audio from @KCTV5 that will likely doom Tyreek Hill's future with the Chiefs & the NFL is this one that he said to Crystal Espinal:

"You need to be terrified of me, too, b****."

https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor/status/1121550939243122688

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
A portion of the Tyreek Hill audio with Christal Espinal:

Espinal: "What do you do when the child is bad? You make him open up his arms and you punch him in the chest."

Hill: "You use a belt too."

https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/1121552127942365191

#gmSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I am not defending Hill and the his son's mother, but I want people to take a close look at this sentence and see how freaking misleading the media can be.

Quote:

Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill won’t be prosecuted for hurting his three-year-old child, even though prosecutors believe someone hurt Hill’s three-year-old child.

Because 3 year olds with violent abusive fathers always break their arm on their own. saywhat

There is NOTHING wrong with saying someone broke the kids arm if that is what their investigation leads them to believe.

No Craps Given
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
This often happens when people draw conclusions without evidence.

Yes, because little kids with broken arms arent evidence.

saywhat

No Craps Given
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

I thought so.

Shame on the posters who prop up violent child abusers.

No Craps Given
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
A portion of the Tyreek Hill audio with Christal Espinal:

Espinal: "What do you do when the child is bad? You make him open up his arms and you punch him in the chest."

Hill: "You use a belt too."

https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/1121552127942365191

The authorities need to get this kid away from these sick deranged people.

No Craps Given
V
Legend
Legend
V
I am so tired of you misrepresenting my positions. I clearly said I wasn't supporting Hill. I only spoke of the biased journalism. Of course, you ignore the first part and yet again trash my character.

Please stay the hell away from me.

A
Legend
Legend
A
One thing I've learned over the past few weeks: While I haven't been posting much at all............the same people find something to get offended about - just with other posters. Here, politics,.....any thread. I find that interesting.

E
Legend
Legend
E
You post on a message board, you get a response. Deal with it.

There is an ignore button.

You routinely support violent athletes in these abuse stories.

Its disgusting.

As is your assertion that somehow the journalist is biased when reporting the prosecution's results. You do realize that it's the authority's responsibility to determine the cause of the injury, correct? And determine if it was an accident or not, correct?

Sorry you cant handle the results.

Your support of these types of men make me wonder about you.

No Craps Given
V
Legend
Legend
V
Interesting take.

You tell me who in the world

Quote:
?

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
You post on a message board, you get a response. Deal with it.

There is an ignore button.

You routinely support violent athletes in these abuse stories.

Its disgusting.

As is your assertion that somehow the journalist is biased when reporting the prosecution's results. You do realize that it's the authority's responsibility to determine the cause of the injury, correct? And determine if it was an accident or not, correct?

Sorry you cant handle the results.

Your support of these types of men make me wonder about you.

You disgust me w/your lies. I will leave yet another thread where Eve gets away w/her BS!

E
Legend
Legend
E
Interesting take.

Quote:
?

Probably the same person who threatened physical violence on posters of this board because they disagreed with them.

No Craps Given
A
Legend
Legend
A
Interesting take.

Quote:
?

Why did you include that quote, that I never said or typed, in your reply to me?

For the record, I wasn't replying to you anyway. I made a post about people arguing and fighting even when I wasn't posting.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I misunderstood your point. Sorry.

But, I left this thread. LOL

I'll leave it for real now. Let Eve continue to spread her poisonous lies.

Legend
Legend
j/c:

Explosive recording reveals NFL star Tyreek Hill 'threatened his fiancee when she confronted him about terrifying their 3-year-old son and breaking his arm,’ saying: 'You need to be terrified of me, too, b***h'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...-recording.html

Legend
Legend
Chiefs ban Tyreek Hill from offseason workouts
Posted by Mike Florio on April 26, 2019, 12:37 AM EDT

The story of draft day came roughly an hour before the draft started.

Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill, one of the best players in the league who not long ago was on the brink of a new contract that perhaps would have paid him upwards of $20 million per year, will no longer be participating in offseason workouts.

G.M. Brett Veach told reporters in a late-night, end-of-round-one press conference that, in light of the audio that emerged on Thursday evening of Hill and Crystal Espinal discussing the events that led to their three-year-old son suffering a broken arm, Hill will not be taking part in any team activities.

“We were deeply disturbed by what we heard, we were deeply concerned,” Veach told reporters. “We decided that at this time and for the foreseeable future, Tyreek Hill will not take part in any team activities. We are going to gather more information, we’re going to evaluate this information, and we will make the right decision regarding Tyreek Hill.”

Barring evidence that the audio was doctored or falsified in any way, the right decision — the only decision — is to permanently sever ties with Tyreek Hill.

Link

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Based on his history, the kids broken arm and this tape, the dude isn’t getting that extension and he might be suspended 8+ games. I don’t see how the Chiefs can keep him on the roster after having drawn that line in the sand with Hunt. KC has painted themselves into a corner.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
L
Legend
Legend
L
100x worse what Hunt did. 100% knee jerk with hunt.. This is the guy that should be in prison

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Hill has to be gone IMO ... No way the NFL allows him to play based on this information

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
This is where that "empathy discussion" we had gets me in trouble.

I will state up front and for the record, the woman and the child need to get as far away from Hill as possible and whether he ever plays football again is really none of my concern and.. ultimately he is responsible for his own actions.

But this type of behavior doesn't develop in a vacuum, this is a learned behavior from his past. Somebody did this man seriously wrong somewhere in his past and he's carrying it forward because he doesn't know any other way.... and the fact that he now has money and fame and the world on a platter, it's not enough for him to forget where he came from... he's recreating it. I hope he gets help..

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
he needs jail time.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
he needs jail time.

Sure seems like it.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Tyreek Hill in trouble again

Link Copied to Clipboard