D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D

Legend
Legend
Wow. Broke the kids arm. Doesn't bode well for a player with a domestic violence history who is currently on probation for previous conviction.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Maybe Kansas City will cut him.

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
So you’re saying the guy who beat up his pregnant girlfriend doesn’t magically now know how to control himself?

D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
If Hunt got 8 games, what does a 2nd offender get? I'd say at least the whole season, and maybe an indefinite suspension beyond that.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
KC’s dynamic trio is looking like a solo act this coming year.
We’ve got their RB. The league will be holding Hill’s cleats for at least a few games is my guess.
Mahomes is going solo. He’s going to need Kelce to have a career year.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I am so sorry for their family. Violence within a family is always a horrible thing.

I see a full season suspension, as he was already in the violence program, IIRC.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I am so sorry for their family. Violence within a family is always a horrible thing.

I see a full season suspension, as he was already in the violence program, IIRC.

Should be more than that. How on earth can somebody break a little boy's arm? I really hope this was some sort of accident.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
We gotta get this guy

Legend
Legend
RB’s are interchangeable to a degree, not so much with WR’s. We’ll see if KC keeps their no tolerance policy of domestic violence.

It’ll be interesting if they keep Hill, who has a worse history than Hunt (assuming this is true).

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Didn’t Adrian Peterson get a year for switching his kid? I would think a broken arm, if deliberate, would warrant more than that.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
i'm hoping this turns out to be untrue ... i feel for that kid if it's true

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I have a hard time imagining any rationale for hitting a 3 year old other than a light smack on their bottom or maybe a slap on the wrist if they're reaching for something dangerous, like a pot of boiling water or an electrical outlet.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

A possible big blow to KC.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Hopefully, it was an accident. If not, he should receive a long suspension.

I'm all for giving guys a second chance, but this would be a repeat offense on a family member.

Again, I hope it was an accident. Mostly because I don't want his child to grow-up in such a toxic environment. If Hill loses his ability to play football, can you imagine how frustrated and angry he will be. That doesn't bode well for his son or other family members.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Fairly certain child services will be involved with this.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
If Hunt got 8 games, what does a 2nd offender get? I'd say at least the whole season, and maybe an indefinite suspension beyond that.

I think I saw on NFLn last night that Hunt was being looked at for three incidents.. One of which he was found to be not responsible for. So that leaves him with 2 incidents which is why he got 8 games..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Jcamm
We gotta get this guy

I know you are kidding....I have him on both of my keeper teams...I think I am going to have to adjust who I keep. I don't think he is going to be playing anytime soon....and shouldn't be

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

Let's not jump to conclusions. The child has a broken arm. From the article, "KCTV 5 obtained another Overland Park police report from March 5 on a report of child abuse or neglect. That report was closed three days later when authorities declined to prosecute, according to KCTV 5’s report."

It often happens that if a child is injured during a suspected lapse of parental or custodial attention, the police will report that lapse as possible neglect to the local children's/family authorities and let them decide whether that lapse was criminal or not.

I don't know what happened, but the fact that both Hill and Espinal were named, and no charges made open the possibility that the child was injured accidentally.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
good point, the neglect wording may lend itself to that scenario

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
A
Legend
Legend
A
They need to let the investigation play out before doing anything, whether anyone thinks that's a good thing or a bad thing. It's just a true thing.

He has a history of domestic abuse, so unfortunately, that looks bad, especially in the media.

If he did it, man, he's in trouble.

And, sadly, IF he did, their's no video of it that we know of, so with being cut, fined, suspended, or worse as a possible penalty, there is a chance someone else may take the fall for it in light of the job/contract, etc. situation.

Terrible situation, no doubt, but until more information is known by the people/organizations doing the investigation, we probably shouldn't rush to judgment just yet. It certainly, on the face of it, looks bad.

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
8 to 10 games I dee coming down the pipe

Rookie
Rookie

Second time he tried to hurt the same son. The first time, his momma's belly protected him.

Yep, you reqd that correctly. Hill allegedly tried to cause her to miscarriage by pounding on the belly.

Will follow Baker Mayfield pretty much anywhere.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
And Tyreek Hill has twins on the way. Lovely.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BakerBrown

Second time he tried to hurt the same son. The first time, his momma's belly protected him.

Yep, you reqd that correctly. Hill allegedly tried to cause her to miscarriage by pounding on the belly.

Excuse my language here, but what kinda Jackarse does stuff like that... Seriously, it's not like he has to worry about how he's going to handle the costs of a child...

Idiot

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Very interesting to see how KC handles this since they set such a harsh precedent with Hunt.

I don't think in anyone's mind this incident is the lesser of the two.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: BpG
Very interesting to see how KC handles this since they set such a harsh precedent with Hunt.

But I also think KC wishes they hadn't jumped the gun on releasing Hunt to begin with.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Ok the Mighty Chiefs have lost 2 powerful weapons (Hunt/Hill) in one year, that will be hard for them to overcome, it would be hard for anyone to overcome losing those two weapons ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend

If the stories are accurate, hitting a child in the womb is, in my mind, way worse that kicking a woman who appeared to be drunk and somewhat angry about something... Neither is right, but hurting a pregnant woman,, Come on..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

If the stories are accurate, hitting a child in the womb is, in my mind, way worse that kicking a woman who appeared to be drunk and somewhat angry about something... Neither is right, but hurting a pregnant woman,, Come on..

Well we already know he beat his pregnant girlfriend. He pled guilty to that charge.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I am not including you in this, cfrs. However, I think some people are confused about the current Hill case.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wow! This is so, so sad to hear.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

But I also think KC wishes they hadn't jumped the gun on releasing Hunt to begin with.

Didn't they show interest in signing him when we did? I thought I read it was us, KC and CHI that reached out to him. If so, then you are obviously correct.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I am not including you in this, cfrs. However, I think some people are confused about the current Hill case.

Apparently I'm one of them

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend

If it is proven that Hill broke the arm of a 3 year old after what he has already done.

He should never see a NFL field again.

Legend
Legend
I suppose it’s a little odd Hill hasn’t made a statement to the media attempting to clear his name. Meaning, if you knew your son fell off his bike and then the media took off with “Hill’s under investigation for breaking his son’s arm”, you’d want to get out in front of that FAST.

The silence is deafening (and I only have one working ear).

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
I suppose it’s a little odd Hill hasn’t made a statement to the media attempting to clear his name. Meaning, if you knew your son fell off his bike and then the media took off with “Hill’s under investigation for breaking his son’s arm”, you’d want to get out in front of that FAST.

He's probably following the advice of his attorney since this is under investigation. You have the right the remain silent, it's always a good idea to utilize this right.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:
You have the right the remain silent, it's always a good idea to utilize this right.

R Kelly disagrees! smile

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack

He's probably following the advice of his attorney since this is under investigation. You have the right the remain silent, it's always a good idea to utilize this right.

Right, I get that 100%, but if you really did nothing wrong, I would be screaming that off the mountain tops if it was for a charge like this.

A simple, "He fell down the stairs. The investigation will prove that this was a simple accident. I'd never intentionally hurt my own kid, again."

Okay, the "again" is my own little sarcastic addition, but you get the idea.

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Tyreek Hill in trouble again

Link Copied to Clipboard