Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R

Where do you think the United States of America sits on this pyramid?

Legend
Legend
I think we’re at the “call for violence” stage. Also this is the trump/HitlerNazi/Putin/Kim/Napoleon formula for world war.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

A Project of the Leadership Institute
Course uses 'Pyramid of White Supremacy' to teach diversity

Kassy Dillon

Staff Writer & Talent, The Daily Wire
@kassydillon

Jan 17, 2018

A course at Salisbury University in Maryland is using a “Pyramid of White Supremacy” to help teach students about diversity and “cultural competence.”
“Avoiding confrontation with racist family members” and “remaining apolitical” make up the base, which is deemed critical for more egregious things like mass killings and genocide.

A course at Salisbury University in Maryland is using a “Pyramid of White Supremacy” to help teach students about diversity and “cultural competence.”

The one-credit course, “Diversity and the Self,” is a required class for any student hoping to obtain an elementary education major.

"This class was extremely difficult to get through if you did not think like a liberal. Instead of teaching diversity, this class taught us that being white was a bad thing."

The pyramid ranks various concepts on different levels according to severity, with “Indifference” forming the base of the pyramid and “Genocide” residing at the top.

“In a pyramid, every brick depends upon the one below it for support,” an accompanying caption explains. “If the bricks at the bottom are removed, the whole structure comes tumbling down.”

Things like “avoiding confrontation with racist family members,” “remaining apolitical,” or saying “politics doesn’t affect me” make up the base of the Pyramid of White Supremacy, directly underneath forms of “minimization” such as “denial of white privilege” and “not believing experiences of POC [people of color].”

The next level up is “veiled racism,” which the graphic defines to include “cultural appropriation” and a “Euro-centric curriculum.”

Worse still, according to the pyramid, are “anti-immigration policies,” “stop and frisk” policing strategies, and “funding schools locally,” all of which fall under the category of “discrimination.”

Above that the pyramid lists “calls for violence” such as “swastikas,” “Confederate flags,” and “the n-word,” followed by actual acts of violence like “unjust police shootings,” “lynching,” and all other hate crimes.

“We had to study the pyramid and also take a group quiz,” a student in the class who wishes to remain anonymous told Campus Reform, noting that the placement of certain elements on the pyramid raised eyebrows.

“I find it ridiculous that ‘unjust police shootings’ is at the top of the list next to mass murder and genocide,” the student remarked. “The pyramid was not only biased, the way they ranked the events did not make much sense.”

According to the syllabus, the course “reviews theories and aspects of cultural competence most relevant to teaching in diverse classrooms,” and “explores the ideals of freedom, democracy, justice, equality, equity, and human dignity from the perspective of the individual.”

[RELATED: Prof creates checklist for detecting white supremacy]

“This class was extremely difficult to get through if you did not think like a liberal. Instead of teaching diversity, this class taught us that being white was a bad thing,” the student complained. “We were told that we were only privileged because we are white and basically we did not actually work for what we have.”

Erin Stutelberg, the professor teaching the course, practices what she preaches outside of the classroom, as well. On her Facebook page, her display photo is a picture of her with a sign saying: “White Silence = Violence.”

Campus Reform reached out to Stutelberg for comment, but has not received a response.

Follow the author of this article on Twitter: @kassydillon
Will you help expose liberal bias on America's campuses?

Campus Reform exposes the liberal bias and abuse against conservatives on America’s colleges and universities.

As a Campus Reform reader, you know about the abuse taking place at our nation’s higher education institutions, and you know how important it is to bring these stories to light.

College campuses are no longer bastions of higher learning. Leftist professors indoctrinate students with their agendas. They even silence conservative students with their attempts to suppress free speech.

Campus Reform depends on the financial support of concerned Americans like you to report on leftist indoctrination on college campuses and uncover the blatant misconduct of university administrators, faculty, and students.

Legend
Legend
In other words. The class is hard to get through for trump following sheep.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Based on Trumps words the other day in Brietbart, we are at the Calls for Violence..

The President sets the tone. He's supposed to be a leader,, so if that's the truth, even in this case, yup, calls for violence is where we are.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
V
Legend
Legend
V
I am not sure how this type of thinking helps people come together. In fact, I think it only helps to widen the divide.

M
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
M
I am going to try to converse about this. I will make no intentional jabs. I am making a good faith effort to present any questions as legitimate and not setups for “gotcha” type moments, though admittedly there may not be a very good answer for some of them.

For now, put aside my own personal feelings towards the diagram. If I were to disagree with some part of the pyramid – how am I expected to express my dissent without being disregarded or labeled as an enemy ? The lowest levels of the pyramid seem to want to take a sensitive subject and make it a binary argument; the “you’re either with us or against us” mentality.

Next, I did some background reading on this pyramid after I saw it posted. Thank you to fishtheice for posting an article on it. My personal opinion is that a link providing context and background in the initial post would have been helpful. My perception is that including the pyramid alone would tend to invite hostility rather than promote discussion and debate, so I agree with Versatile on this point. This will likely further a divide, on both sides, instead of reconciling it. Then again, this is a political topic and based on historical data, civil discussion and reconciliation was a longshot to begin with. To play devil’s advocate, I can also foresee how the article would not change this outcome for many reasons (source bias, reader bias, not reading it, etc).

I want to make it clear this is not me calling you out here. I am merely giving you feedback on my reaction. I do not know what your intent was and I am not asking you to reveal it. Bluntness and shock are often good tools; I recognize that might have been the intended effect. I guess it comes back to what the goal of the pyramid itself is. I leave that open and unanswered for now instead of labelling it immediately.

I will say that I do see some logic in the argument the pyramid is portraying. I can see how being indifferent and therefore being on the “against” side can support those who are truly on Team Against Diversity. I know that silence can often be perceived as agreement, and rightly so in many cases. I understand how avoiding conflict and being apolitical can lead to terrible atrocities. I understand the insidious nature of how viewpoints, feelings, and reactions can progress and escalate rather quickly.

However, in the most general of terms, I find the argument that being complacent or indifferent is equivalent to being complicit to be flawed. Just because a person makes the claim that indifference equals complicity does not mean it is true in every context it is applied to. Not every question requires an opinion or a yes/no answer. Not every argument necessitates taking an all-or-nothing-make-no-compromises position. Some are; many are not. To be clear, I am not attempting to define or imply a definition of where racial relations and diversity should be categorized with my prior statements.

No matter what your motivations were, you made me think about this a good deal.

O
Legend
Legend
O
The US pretty much covers the full pyramid if you count mass shootings as mass killings. Everything else happens on a frequency of hierarchy. The higher up the list you go the less frequent or accepted it is, but it still exist.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This is as stupid as that hockey stick graph.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I am not sure how this type of thinking helps people come together. In fact, I think it only helps to widen the divide.

I'm not sure how continually taking people to task over Hue Jackson and Sashi Brown helps a fan base come together. In fact, I think it only splits our fan base up further.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'd like to hear you expand upon this.

I agree, for the record.

Let's villify an abstract group of people for villifying an abstract group of people. Makes sense, or not. Let's stop trying to label people as members of often stereotyped groups. Our inherent desire to simplify things leads to "this or that"/"black or white" forces/groups inherently in opposition rather than one big group with individuals all along a spectrum.

Of course it has to be a "Pyramid of White Supremacy." It can't be a Pyramid of Racial Conflict or something that didn't paint the "opposing" side in a negative light. As long as people insist on there being "sides", there will be conflict.

It's like people think of themselves as their skin color, which is ridiculous if you stop to think about it. It's often I'm black/white with I'm a person/human being secondary. Identities can be tied way too much into that skin color when it'd make a lot more sense if people thought of themselves as people who happened to be of whatever skin color. You can't choose your skin color, but you can choose what kind of person you are.

Last edited by GrimmBrown; 03/16/19 01:34 PM. Reason: lost a bracket somehow

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: mike3LT
I am going to try to converse about this. I will make no intentional jabs. I am making a good faith effort to present any questions as legitimate and not setups for “gotcha” type moments, though admittedly there may not be a very good answer for some of them.

Good!

Quote:
For now, put aside my own personal feelings towards the diagram. If I were to disagree with some part of the pyramid – how am I expected to express my dissent without being disregarded or labeled as an enemy ?

Critical dialogue is needed. People claiming "I can't deal with this because it puts me in an awkward spot due to my own beliefs" or "I want a safe space that won't challenge my whiteness" never goes well.

Quote:
The lowest levels of the pyramid seem to want to take a sensitive subject and make it a binary argument; the “you’re either with us or against us” mentality.

Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade.

Quote:
This will likely further a divide, on both sides, instead of reconciling it.

Any act of civil disobedience against the larger culture always gets labeled with "don't do it this way! Give me a safe space away from your criticism and actions.

Quote:
Bluntness and shock are often good tools; I recognize that might have been the intended effect. I guess it comes back to what the goal of the pyramid itself is.

Quote:
I will say that I do see some logic in the argument the pyramid is portraying. I can see how being indifferent and therefore being on the “against” side can support those who are truly on Team Against Diversity.

Yup. Look up MLK's quote on "the white moderate".

Quote:
I know that silence can often be perceived as agreement, and rightly so in many cases. I understand how avoiding conflict and being apolitical can lead to terrible atrocities. I understand the insidious nature of how viewpoints, feelings, and reactions can progress and escalate rather quickly.

Action means more than anything. Some actions are loud and other are silent.

Quote:
Just because a person makes the claim that indifference equals complicity does not mean it is true in every context it is applied to.

Indifference basically remains willful ignorance. I'd hate for anyone to remain indifferent on white supremacy.

Quote:
No matter what your motivations were, you made me think about this a good deal.

Good. I can't change minds, so I go in to get people to think. I accomplished my job, and you experienced some cognitive dissonance.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. These are the kind of posts we've truly missed since the old board closed. These are the type of posts I miss from the days when we could actually discuss controversial topics.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown

Let's villify an abstract group of people for villifying an abstract group of people. Makes sense, or not. Let's stop trying to label people as members of often stereotyped groups.

We have large swaths of individuals identifying themselves as white supremacists and white nationalists. This pyramid only uses labels people already assign to themselves. If you have a problem with the word white being used, please raise your criticism with these groups.

Quote:
It's like people think of themselves as their skin color, which is ridiculous if you stop to think about it.

Not really, actually. Color, creed, heritage, etc. all makes up who we are in our identity. We should celebrate our differences, and recognize the uniqueness of everyone.

This is close to the "I don't see color" argument, and this argument seeks to remove agency from individuals that aren't white.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I know this is a very simplistic approach to all of this, however.

It seems to me sitting back and saying nothing is very much like watching your neighbors house being broken into and refusing to call the cops because you don't want to get involved.

Your neighbor pays the price, the wrong doer goes on to repeat this another day and you did nothing to help any of it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
You summed up Dr. King, Pit.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I will say that I think he used a pretty big generalization when using the term "white moderate". I'm very much a moderate in the way my politics leans. However, I'm not moderate in my belief that all Americans should be treated the same. That one race shouldn't be labeled as a problem or be targeted in sentencing for the same crimes. So I am certainly one who considers himself more liberal on social issues and in standing up for our nations people of all races and religions. But overall a moderate.

So while I certainly understand the message he was trying to convey, often times you don't actually reach the people you could otherwise reach had you worded things differently.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist

Quote:
It's like people think of themselves as their skin color, which is ridiculous if you stop to think about it.

Not really, actually. Color, creed, heritage, etc. all makes up who we are in our identity. We should celebrate our differences, and recognize the uniqueness of everyone.

This is close to the "I don't see color" argument, and this argument seeks to remove agency from individuals that aren't white.

So if you were born to parents who were White Neo-Nazis, it would be okay for you to be a white Neo-Nazi?

That is effectively the logic of your argument. Sounds silly, right? It's obviously not your argument, but it follows the pattern you laid out.

I agree that we should celebrate our differences and the uniqueness of everyone. I don't think skin color or who your parents were should be seen as the basis of who a person is.

People should be judged by their actions, not where they came from. Just because your parents did something, doesn't mean you should.

Color, creed, heritage being such a part of our identities is part of the problem. Where you are going should be more important than where you came from. Why let things outside of your control define you? Why do we do this to ourselves?

This outlook sets us up for conflict based upon things we and others can't help. You're setting people at odds just due to the fact that they were born to different people by relying (or allowing) on color and heritage to largely define a person.

I can see color and appreciate the difference without it having to have any more meaning than that. Really, that is all it is, a different color. Now if a person embraces the stereotypes/heritage associated with a group, that is a choice. There is nothing inherently bad with embracing a heritage, but just the fact that it is "heritage" doesn't make something good/acceptable, either.

Not seeing color doesn't take anyone's agency. Seeing color and making assumptions based upon them and allowing that to affect you does. Claiming not to see color while taking someone's agency can/does happen, but it doesn't invalidate the concept that color shouldn't be a factor in decision making unless one is talking decorating.

Fiercely Independent.
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:
So if you were born to parents who were White Neo-Nazis, it would be okay for you to be a white Neo-Nazi?

I'm not sure where I said it's okay to celebrate being a neo-nazi, but nice try.

Obviously we should celebrate the positive aspects that uplift individuals.
------------------------
The rest of your post addresses the same long-winded argument about colorblindness, and we disagree on this.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I would have to say that using terms such as African American, Hispanic America and phrases that use any location or nationality ahead of the word American does more to divide us than to unite us.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I'm not sure where I said it's okay to celebrate being a neo-nazi, but nice try.

Obviously we should celebrate the positive aspects that uplift individuals.
------------------------
The rest of your post addresses the same long-winded argument about colorblindness, and we disagree on this.

I'll just agree with the celebration of positive aspects, and bow out of the politics forum.

My use of hyperbole in an attempt to illustrate a point was in poor taste, moreso when taken out of context.

Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Several months back, the NY Times Magazine did a feature piece titled: "U.S. Law Enforcement Failed to See the Threat of White Nationalism. Now They Don’t Know How to Stop It."

Worthy read....

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/03/magazine/FBI-charlottesville-white-nationalism-far-right.html

Legend
Legend

I'm not sure how continually taking people to task over Hue Jackson and Sashi Brown helps a fan base come together. In fact, I think it only splits our fan base up further.

Watch out, you'll get called out for hijacking your own thread. rofl

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I will say that I think he used a pretty big generalization when using the term "white moderate". I'm very much a moderate in the way my politics leans. However, I'm not moderate in my belief that all Americans should be treated the same. That one race shouldn't be labeled as a problem or be targeted in sentencing for the same crimes. So I am certainly one who considers himself more liberal on social issues and in standing up for our nations people of all races and religions. But overall a moderate.

So while I certainly understand the message he was trying to convey, often times you don't actually reach the people you could otherwise reach had you worded things differently.

MLK is definitely using the term as far as social issues are concerned. while he certainly had his views when it came to economics, which is what you're hinting at when you talk about being a moderate, he's talking about a specific aspect.

what he was saying is pretty straight forward. so i disagree with your point about wording something differently. what he was saying is straight to the point, and people needing a different 'word' will be just another excuse to dismiss the point entirely.

if you can understand what he's saying, i dont see why others need an excuse for why they don't understand it.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
this is going to be a long post, but people want real talk and not trolling so deal with it.

so to address the chart:

i'm going to attempt to tread carefully here, because there's been some really good responses, and i dont want to derail the thread.

obviously im not white (not completely as you all know lol), so all i can do is speak to the chart from my own perspective as a minority. i have to put a **disclaimer* out there and state that ill be using some of my military experience in, cause i know certain people love to complain that i talk about that aspect of my life, but its relevant in this topic. so Rocket, i'll break down block by block and i hope i can get some decent responses.

Indifference:

This right here tends to be the bulk of....well everyone. white black latino etc. but since we're specifically talking about white supremacy in this thread, this tends to be a problem that goes back to post slavery days. this is the very vague base of the tribalism issue in this country. and its hard not to fault white americans for not caring so much about racism, because minorities are by definition, a minority. so unless it directly effects the majority in a negative way, a lot of white americans simply change the channel or do something else when the topics of racism pops up.

now, to pit's point which i just disagreed with, you could swap out the word 'indifference' out with 'complacency', but it doesn't matter.

Minimisation

This is the part of the chart where stuff starts hitting the fan, and tends to be the bulk of the divide. previously, i have defined white privilege as the ability of white americans to judge minority groups as a whole, while simultaneously DEMANDING that they be judged as an individual.

and that pretty much sums up that block of the chart. this causes the most divide in the country.

example: when white americans were literally rioting in the streets, damaging property and setting fire to vehicles over ohio state winning a national title, the media and white americans labeled it as "they were just taking the celebration too far". when black americans starting rioting over REAL issues over civil rights and police shootings, we instantly got labeled thugs, savages, go back to africa, etc etc.

another example: a white CIA agent's daughter got busted running a drug ring, and when the mug shot dropped, the media and white america started call her cute and adorable and everything like that. when black americans get arrested for selling drugs, we get called thugs and animals and we need to be put behind bars for life.

we're constantly told our experiences aren't real, or overblown. but when white americans go through adversity, they demand that their situation be taken with the up most seriousness.

like the opioid crisis. you see, white america had no problem throwing every black and latino drug user/dealer in jail during the 70's/80's/90's, while going through a very bad drug epidemic. but now that white americans are going through their own drug epidemic, all of a sudden we all need to "rally together", and now talks of funding rehab and all these others things must be taken seriously, and swiftly.

see, when its blacks or latinos, its just their problem. when its white americans? now its all of our problem, and now we need unity. funny how that works.

Veiled Racism:

This part is why we have such a big problem with the bottom 2 blocks. Fox news, Brietbart, the daily caller, and other publications like this push these narratives to no end. we have posters right here on the board who do it non stop. ya know, the guys who think if you argue with the cops, that should automatically equal a death sentence. the "i feared for my life" kinda people. Tucker Carlson is especially bad at this, from his "white genocide" segments, to his anti multi-culturism hot takes. he isn't close to being the only one, but he's the most readily available example of it.

the people who dwell into the veiled racism are the kind of people who love preaching about their european heritage....but won't actually move back there because they know their bigoted asses aren't welcomed. these are the kinds of people who whine about black history month, HBCU's, and BET because somehow, they skipped history class, and all the other colleges/networks that are dominated by white people are magically being discriminated against. ok.

basically, the "i have a black friend" kinda people.

Discrimination:

imma leave this block alone, and just remind the board that we had a poster who once stated on the boards that he was scared to go to time square because it was filled with brown people.

i think that pretty much covers it.

Calls for Violence:

This is an interesting one, especially since you can't really just come out and opening call for it. Trump is a perfect example, even though he's more or less been open about it. but the rhetoric is there. ya know, the "eventually people will get tired of", "we don't like demographic changes", and along those lines.

the call for violence is becoming less and less, and thats because of the style of movements we're dealing with today. years ago, a lot of the leaders in these movements knew that there was no way you can walk around like jackbooted thugs, because everybody could spot you and tell who you are.

so now klan members, neo nazi's, and white nationalist do the very thing i've seen muslim extremist do in every one of my 4 deployments: blend in amongst the population, and sow in the ideology methodically. i often wondered when i was deployed about how in god's name can these terrorist plant IED's in crowded areas/villages. yea, there's SOME people providing cover, but often? a lot of the civilians don't even know they're doing it. because they look just like every. other. person.

and the same technique is used right here in America.

"bob can't be racist!! i known him all my life!!". yea, except you don't go home with him at night. so you didn't see that he was spreading racist memes, visiting stormfront, and whining about immigrants and blacks online using a fake profile. you see, most supremacist have replaced the direct violence with the veiled racism. how? they're our lawyers, judges, cops, teachers etc. why? because its easier to spread the ideology when you simply look like a normal guy who just got fed up with the "PC crowd". it easier to get a movement going, or to join one and help spread the word.

yea, its that subtle. thats one of the many techniques muslim terrorist use to recruit in the middle east. and all it takes is an incident here or there to sway some folks.

"omg, did you see what that black person did?"

"hey, you think that brown person is here legally?"

"oh look, another us drone bombed a place and killed civilians. whats wrong with these americans? something must be done..."

thats all it takes. people are completely unaware with how easy it is to start a movement. to slowly change policies. to turn one group against another.

Violence:

this one is straight forward. its slightly on the rise, but most people are still scared to confront somebody face to face, especially solo dolo. i'm hesitant to agree with police brutality being there because it is a complex aspect of what we're talking about.

Mass murder:

this is a fact. we all know what race is responsible for the majority of mass killings, especially with regards to america. and i hate to say race, because its not white women doing it, its white men.

most acts of violence deal with men, in general. so maybe thats something that should also be in discussion: the gender aspect.

anyway, i know that was long but i tried to be as thorough as possible.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
I hope people actually take you seriously with your post and viewpoint.

Thank you for the reply.

Legend
Legend
Donald Trump Jr. is defending Chelsea Clinton after the former first daughter was blasted by NYU students who blamed her tweet for the New Zealand mosque attacks.

“It’s sickening to see people blame @ChelseaClinton for the NZ attacks because she spoke out against anti-Semitism,” Trump tweeted Saturday. “We should all be condemning anti-Semitism & all forms of hate. Chelsea should be praised for speaking up. Anyone who doesn’t understand this is part of the problem.”
-Donald Trump Jr.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
What are your thoughts on the white supremacy pyramid, 40?

I think you meant to start a new thread. Should I point you to the link for the new thread button?

Legend
Legend

I think you meant to start a new thread. Should I point you to the link for the new thread button?

After your history of posting BS threads, I won't even look at it. Zero Credibility.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

After your history of posting BS threads, I won't even look at it. Zero Credibility.

this post falls under the "minimisation" block.

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

I'd like to hear you expand upon this.

I agree, for the record.

Maybe some other time. jfan is involved in this thread and he just loves to get others to gang up on me. I'm not interested.

Also, Rocket did not take the time to even consider my point and just threw out some absurd analogy.

Maybe we can talk about it in a PM where folks are in such a rush to criticize those of us who want all folks to come together instead of labeling others and practicing tribalism.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
I disagree with you regularly because you take the Aaron Burr position, or you get angry when people don't wholly agree with your opinion.

Quote:
did not take the time to even consider my point and just threw out some absurd analogy

Merriam-Webster defines absurd as
Quote:
ridiculously unreasonable, unsound, or incongruous

Source

I mean I could go back and get receipts for all the times you've gone off with tangents about how everyone else is wrong about football and you're right, but I'm not sure Purp has enough characters allotted per post for me to provide those receipts.

Also analogy is
Quote:
a comparison of two otherwise unlike things based on resemblance of a particular aspect

Link

Guess what, it's related but I guess...

Last edited by RocketOptimist; 03/16/19 08:55 PM. Reason: Further clarification.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Think about your last post and your very first post.

I'll leave the thread, Rocket. Have a nice evening.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
I'm not sure where my last post makes me fall anywhere on the white supremacy pyramid. Can you enlighten me?

Legend
Legend
Quote:
jfan is involved in this thread and he just loves to get others to gang up on me.

Like I've got that kind of influence around here. Only one of us tries to dominate interactions and tells people what and where to post...and it ain't me. blush

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
You're just a dirty conservative who clings to his guns too much.

tongue

Legend
Legend
You're just a dirty conservative who clings to his guns too much.

tongue

You've got me all figured out just like someone else in this thread does! smile

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
M
Good stuff. I do appreciate your reply as well. I read this forum a decent amount and it’s nice to see good discussion taking place.

My final point I want to make on the topic is that I would caution against counting the indifferent among those who are opposed.

I will share some additional insights I have gained from reading your reply and the rest of the thread.

Quote:

Quote:

For now, put aside my own personal feelings towards the diagram. If I were to disagree with some part of the pyramid – how am I expected to express my dissent without being disregarded or labeled as an enemy ?

Critical dialogue is needed. People claiming "I can't deal with this because it puts me in an awkward spot due to my own beliefs" or "I want a safe space that won't challenge my whiteness" never goes well.

My initial worry was that this created two sides with little or no room for discussion so I appreciate your response.

Quote:

Quote:

This will likely further a divide, on both sides, instead of reconciling it.

Any act of civil disobedience against the larger culture always gets labeled with "don't do it this way! Give me a safe space away from your criticism and actions.

As much as I would like to argue that another avenue might be more effective, in all likelihood the outcome would likely remain in the same realm as the one chosen. In the same vein, some methods of communication will completely turn me off to the message (in general, not specific to this topic).

Presently I am at a loss for how can we ultimately bring people together to discuss after getting their attention. I guess at the end of the day it’s near impossible to win. It might also be impossible to not alienate/divide no matter what you do, at least initially.

Considering these points, I guess a person needs to do what he or she feels is right so long as it does not harm others in the process. I’ll add I feel it’s important to listen to feedback along the way.

Quote:

Quote:

I will say that I do see some logic in the argument the pyramid is portraying. I can see how being indifferent and therefore being on the “against” side can support those who are truly on Team Against Diversity.

Yup. Look up MLK's quote on "the white moderate".

Excellent quote in general and the perfect one here. MLK’s words on how he found the indifferent (“shallow understanding….”) to be more frustrating than those flat out opposed (“absolute understanding…”) had me intrigued. I can see his point of view here.

I am torn on whether the indifferent audience today will be more willing to listen vs 50 years ago. Considering some of my prior comments, I am going to say that it is no easier today than it was during the 1960s.

Quote:

Quote:

I know that silence can often be perceived as agreement, and rightly so in many cases. I understand how avoiding conflict and being apolitical can lead to terrible atrocities. I understand the insidious nature of how viewpoints, feelings, and reactions can progress and escalate rather quickly.

Action means more than anything. Some actions are loud and other are silent.

Agreed. Action is most important and takes many forms.

Quote:

Quote:

Just because a person makes the claim that indifference equals complicity does not mean it is true in every context it is applied to.

Indifference basically remains willful ignorance. I'd hate for anyone to remain indifferent on white supremacy.

I will admit that after having read through the rest of the thread I find that I initially misunderstood the chart title – I mistook white supremacists for simply whites. It does not appear I was alone in this regard. That being said, one can simply be white (and not a white supremacist) and empower the white supremacy, so my misunderstanding does not really impact any of my thoughts thus far.

Quote:
I can't change minds, so I go in to get people to think. I accomplished my job, and you experienced some cognitive dissonance.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. These are the kind of posts we've truly missed since the old board closed. These are the type of posts I miss from the days when we could actually discuss controversial topics.

I think we share a similar approach. As I said initially, I really do appreciate your response. I hope that I can continue to learn through future conversation with you and others. My posts may not always be this in depth - you caught me on a good day smile

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Donald Trump Jr. is defending Chelsea Clinton after the former first daughter was blasted by NYU students who blamed her tweet for the New Zealand mosque attacks.

“It’s sickening to see people blame @ChelseaClinton for the NZ attacks because she spoke out against anti-Semitism,” Trump tweeted Saturday. “We should all be condemning anti-Semitism & all forms of hate. Chelsea should be praised for speaking up. Anyone who doesn’t understand this is part of the problem.”
-Donald Trump Jr.

You don't want to comment of the thread topic because you say it's BS, yet you came in to post unrelated Trump crap in an effort to distract and derail the subject. You're obviously uncomfortable with this subject matter... Why?

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend

I don't think the United States sits anywhere on that pyramid.

I believe there are some PEOPLE who may sit in different places on that pyramid, but your once again trying to lump everybody into one group (just like those in the south did against people of color during the days where way to many folks looked down their noses at people of color)

As I have said so many times before. Unless or until we look at people for the color of their blood and not the color of their skin we are adding to the problem not helping to eliminate the problem.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus The Pyramid of White Supremacy

Link Copied to Clipboard