Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

I wonder what the other two incidents are or if they involve Hunt?
From what I heard a while ago, one was a fight between his group of friends and another group while in a bar in Kansas City. The other was another fight between men at Put-In-Bay. I don't believe there were any charges in either incident.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend

The 5 games missed has not yet been determined if it impacts suspension.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/e...ade-less-likely

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wise to take it like a man and show penance. Say and do the right things now and don't let yourself get into that situation again! Good friends will nudge you and say, " Be smart bro".

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
It is not at all clear, that what you are saying, is what the article actually said.

Do the five games affect it, meaning only three more, or meaning it might have been twelve games otherwise? Is this something that may happen later, or is it something that has ALREADY happened?

These people are dealing with millions of dollars of value here, you would think there would be some effort towards precision.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Nelson37
Posted article said he was. Suspended. For five games.

Earlier articles speculated he was placed on the Exempt list. Possibly after being cut, possibly before.

There is a definite lack of clarity here.

He missed five games, possibly or probably at the Commissioner's mandate, that is functionally a suspension.

If he was cut, and NOT suspended, why did no other team pick him up? A talent like that?

None of that matters. There is no math to figure out.
He will miss eight games at the start of the 2019 season.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Where does it specify the exact starting date of his suspension?

He will miss some games this year.

He will miss a total of eight games.

Those are the only two definite things I see so far.

He has already been unable to earn by the league's mandate for five games.

The league has stated he should be unable to earn for eight games.

Don't see any wiggle room in those two, either.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bonefish

The 5 games missed has not yet been determined if it impacts suspension.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/e...ade-less-likely

That article references a Cleveland.com story, but the story I read there says...

Quote:
The NFL factored in that Hunt missed the last five games of last season after the Chiefs cut him, and was not paid during that time. Other players in similar situations have been placed on the NFL Commissioner’s exempt list but still got paid because they remained with their clubs.

Cleveland.com

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend

Maybe the five games missed was already factored into the length of the suspension?

You would think that it would be clarified.

Legend
Legend
I think "time served" should account for some of the 8 games, although, maybe they already figured that in to the total.

Oh well, 8 games it is. Look out 2nd half of the season.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Rookie
Rookie
was it really time served though? to my understanding the chiefs cut him and he didn't have a team

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Some thoughts:

--I was hoping for 6 games.

--I was expecting 10 games.

--I'm okay w/8 games.

--I agree w/others that it's a good move not to appeal. This makes his remorse for the act much more genuine than had he fought the suspension.

--Hard to say how this impacts Duke's status. Half the season with and w/out Hunt. Tough call. I'll just support whatever Dorsey determines in regards to Duke.

--Having Hunt come back for the second half of the season might actually be good for the Browns. He will have fresh legs and we can get Chubb some rest while prepping both for the playoffs. Speaking of the playoffs, he can help us down the stretch run at securing a playoff spot. Two healthy and fresh RBs in the playoffs would be a glorious thing.

--One last thing, I was watching a Sport's show while finishing my work out and they were talking about the situation on the field. They rattled off names like Baker, OBJ, Landry, Chubb, Hunt, Myles, Ward, and then later added Vernon, Njoku, and Callaway while debating whether the Browns had as much talent as any team in the league. They kinda settled on the Browns being in the top 2 or 3 most talented teams in the league. Chiefs and Rams were the other teams mentioned in that same breath.

All of this is amazing to me.

R
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
R
It doesn't matter if he was on a team or not for a suspension to incur time. There have been many players suspended for behavior or failed drug tests that were not even on a team.
I think that time was counted for the other 2 incidents. the 8 games is fair. 8-12 games was thought to be what was going to be handed down which is right in that time frame.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BigDawgDeWeese
was it really time served though? to my understanding the chiefs cut him and he didn't have a team

Yeah, that's semantics in my opinion. The video became public, he was cut and therefore missed games. I was hoping they would look at those games as part of the suspension. Meaning, if they wanted him out 13 games, 5 would be from 2018 and 8 are in 2019, not 13 in 2019.

If the Chiefs kept him on the team until the season was over and the suspension was handed down days after the video went live, would it still have been 8? If so, he'd be out 3 games in 2019.

Doesn't really matter, he was given 8, he accepted 8 and I doubt the NFL will further clarify why it was 8 versus 13 versus 16 and if they considered a "time served" portion of 2018. It's over.

I want to keep Duke.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
E
Legend
Legend
E
Those 5 games definitely need some clarification.
But I can guess that its the full 8 game suspension. Now we know. He can be with us all throughout training camps and preseason. Once the regular season starts he is on his own??? or can he still practice???

jmh?

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend

Hard to let that sink in; top three in talent.

Eli struggled in a lot of areas.

Baker and OBJ could be something else. I mean hard to see how defenses can handle us.

Callaway in his second year practicing daily with Landry and Beckham.

Honestly I can't think of any receiver group that can match that.

Chubb is a talent. He makes play action a real threat.

Njoku can create mismatches to be exploited.

Robinson and Harrison should be better players.

No matter how the Duke thing works out. Hunt in the second half adds a rested new dimension.

The defense will probably still see more adds. However, the addition of Shelton and Vernon can only help Garrett.

Shelton can be wrecking ball. I have seen him dominate. He is a tough dude inside.

Still trying to wrap my head around all that has happened.

T
Legend
Legend
T
GC. As soon as I heard the story, I wanted to jump on this message board, just to say,

Noone can technically "come back" to somewhere they haven't shown up yet, the player hasn't played,

So I just look to count the number of times people are going to reference what will happen when the Browns "get him back".

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
GC. As soon as I heard the story, I wanted to jump on this message board, just to say,

Noone can technically "come back" to somewhere they haven't shown up yet, the player hasn't played,

So I just look to count the number of times people are going to reference what will happen when the Browns "get him back".

Since he can practice, do OTA's and play in the pre-season, I think that would qualify as "getting him back".

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It is good to get this news now as opposed to later. Now we can plan appropriately.

[Linked Image]

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Watching NFLN,, it's 8 games..

Doesn't seem like they are going to take into account the games after he was cut last year.

8 games,,, that looks like it and he says he's not going to appeal it.

He'll be here for camp, and after the suspension

Was just thinking, or remembering, if this kind of thing happened in the 1980's, the entire suspension would have occurred in the offseason, or during camp at worst.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Another thought? If Hunt is suspended the first 8 games,

How much ya wanna bet both gamves vs. the Bengals will be in the 2nd half of the season,

While at least 3 of the games vs the Ravens and Stillers will be in the first half.

(Hahaha, the NFL, not even TRYING to give the impression of a level playing field anymore. ) <--- at least the way I see it.

T
Legend
Legend
T
To a point, back with the team practicing,

but to a further point, not in competition vs. the other teams, so not back.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
To a point, back with the team practicing,

but to a further point, not in competition vs. the other teams, so not back.

Pre-season games are not vs. other teams?

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A fresh Kareem Hunt coming into the game when we're in a playoff run sounds good to me.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
I think "time served" should account for some of the 8 games, although, maybe they already figured that in to the total.

Oh well, 8 games it is. Look out 2nd half of the season.

My guess is that it could have been 10-12 games had he played out the season last year but they cut it to 8 because he didn't, they just don't announce it that way.

yebat' Putin
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Even if its 8 this year we will have him the 2nd half of the season and down the stretch of a playoff run thumbsup

I was thinking the same thing.

Legend
Legend
probably the best he/we could hope for ... let's just hope he learns and stays out of trouble

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
the addition of Shelton and Vernon can only help Garrett. Shelton can be wrecking ball

I'm like, wow, when did we pick up Shelton again. Did not hear that.

Then realized you got the NAME wrong if that is how you are going to indentify Richardson use his correct name "SHELDON"

lol laugh

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend

I never looked for proper spelling.

I will just call him Richardson from now on.

Anyway he can be a force.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
The idea of him coming back for the second half of the season excites me. If they manage to into the second part of the season with a winning record, Hunt coming in fresh will be a good thing. Chubb will have been used quite a bit by then, and having Hunt there to let him rest more, will be a huge benefit.

The guy not just a good player, he is a bonafide star. The idea of him and Chubb as a one two punch going into the stretch for the playoffs is amazing. Everybody is focused on Beckam and Baker, if the running game is as good as I think it will be,Chubb and Hunt will be the difference.

Mayfield is set up to succeed. Just writing this I realized how many options this guy will have on any given play. Hunt is very good catching the ball also, and I think Chubb proved he is no slacker either.

I'm PUMPED!!!

Last edited by Steubenvillian; 03/16/19 01:15 PM.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
B
Legend
Legend
B
Hunt may be out the first 8 games, but he can have no contact with the team. He can't even get a playbook as I understand things. I would think it would be at least 2 more weeks, and at that point I would be tempted to keep him inactive 1 more game so he didn't accrue another season.

Then we would have him for sure the entire 20 season, and in that time is when I would try to extend him.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
When Gordon was suspended for the last time here, he was allowed to come to the facility, and to work out with the team while he was suspended. (though not to practice) It was thought that the structure would help him.

Are we sure that Hunt can have absolutely no association with the team while he's suspended?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Also, wouldn't he have a playbook during OTA's, Training Camp, and Preseason games?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Also, wouldn't he have a playbook during OTA's, Training Camp, and Preseason games?

Yep.

I am not saying that this is definitely the case, but it seems to me that the Commissioner did try to help Gordon by allowing him to be with the team, to give him structure in his life, and the hopefully keep him off the drugs. (even though it didn't work)

I would think that it would be even more important to help Hunt with the structure he has established with the Browns.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think you are right about Gordon. I don't know if they do that for all players or not.

I do think that Hunt will be able to play this year and I also think he will be a huge asset if we are in the playoff hunt.

He will have fresh legs and this will also help reduce the wear-and-tear on Chubb.

I am cautionary by nature, but it's really hard not to be excited about all the talent we have on this team.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Hunt may be out the first 8 games, but he can have no contact with the team. He can't even get a playbook as I understand things.
That doesnt sound right and seems kind of unenforceable.The play books are electronic now, so he goes through OTA's , TC, and pre season and then they take his I Pad? I am willing to bet that Hunt is going to have a play book while he is out and I am sure work out routines will be established head of time for that off time

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: kingodawg
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Hunt may be out the first 8 games, but he can have no contact with the team. He can't even get a playbook as I understand things.
That doesnt sound right and seems kind of unenforceable.The play books are electronic now, so he goes through OTA's , TC, and pre season and then they take his I Pad? I am willing to bet that Hunt is going to have a play book while he is out and I am sure work out routines will be established head of time for that off time

He can practice and play in pre-seasons games this year. I have no idea how you can do that without having the playbook?

Quote:
Hunt will not be eligible to play until November as part of his penalty for violating the league’s personal-conduct policy. The 23-year-old, who quickly became a star player with the Chiefs before his conduct prompted the team to cut him during a Super Bowl push last season, will not be paid during the half-season suspension, which will be lifted on Aug. 31. He can practice and will be eligible to play in Cleveland’s preseason games.

https://www.apnews.com/28f89b5e2b0f4b81b1317561ff6b1215

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Actually Peen it only takes six games to be an accrued NFL season. So if he's suspended for eight games we would have to bench him for two more games to deny him a season.

Doing that would pretty much insure that he doesn't want to come back here or play here. He was signed to a one year contract and if we wish to insure he never wears a Browns uniform again, you have the perfect plan to make that happen.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
i thought we had him next year as well, or he's a RFA next year. Not sure why, but I feel Dorsey looks at chubb/hunt as a long term solution. Nowadays in the NFL you really need to have 2. Hunt is the more versatile back of the two as he's elite coming out as a receiver. Which is why I think they are looking to move duke. Probably wouldn't if this was just a temporary thing

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
E
Legend
Legend
E
hmmm, math smack??? He would have to be benched 3 more games.
8-3=5 which is under 6 the noted amount of game to be an accrued season... angel

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Legend
Legend
P
I believe Dorsey sees Chubb/Hunt as the long term one/two punch as well. I also know he was signed to a one year deal.

Kareem Hunt Signs One-Year Deal With Browns, GM John Dorsey Explains Decision

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/11/kareem...-hotel-incident

Considering the situation Hunt was in with the league it made sense to only sign him to one year to see how it played out and to see if he keeps his nose clean. He will be a RFA at the end of 2019 but that no guarantee he'll return or agree to a long term deal at that time.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Kareem Hunt suspended eight games

Link Copied to Clipboard