Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Nelson37
MGH - Did YOU, specifically, FAIL to read my comments on solar panels, IN THIS THREAD, or did YOU, specifically, FAIL TO UNDERSTAND the meanings of the words involved?

If you would like to discuss the clear and obvious differences in scalability over time with memory architecture and physical means of storing energy on a large scale, I am perfectly capable of having that discussion in depth and in detail. YOU, however, are not. Did you cover magnetic bubble storage in your grasping at headlines?

OCD, people test lots of idiotic, stupid ideas every single day, the vast majority of them waste a lot of other people's money demonstrating that their idea was both stupid and idiotic, just like the dumbass suggestion you made about shooting nuclear waste into space, because you have not spent the slightest time, effort, or energy doing any research or reading or accessing in any way the thoughts of those far smarter than your minimal level who have determined, repeatedly, for over 50 years and in many, many published papers, that this in not only not remotely cost-effective, much less even possible, but that it also demonstrates a severe risk of causing fatal levels of radiation poisoning to MILLIONS of people and making huge areas of land uninhabitable for THOUSANDS OF YEARS.

Since you do not think, or seek out accurate information in any recognizable way, you have probably not even conceived the concept that just shooting this crap beyond Earth orbit is NOT SUFFICIENT, it would require a dedicated monitoring team DECADES to manage the multiple, slingshot orbital paths necessary to get this crap out of the freaking solar system, a feat which humanity has only recently accomplished and which task covered almost half a century.

It takes a truly remarkable level of chutzpah to try and tell me I don't know what I am talking about when you clearly have no clue on issues I had detailed knowledge of in the third grade.

Do you have the guts to discuss the cost numbers given in the article? No, you don't. You kvetch, and whine, and moan, and throw insults and names like a small child. I have no interest in the total waste of time you represent. Grow up, and make an effort to at least resemble somebody who just might, with diagrams and pictures, have some faint idea of what a clue might be.

Do you type this stuff tongue in cheek? You're hilarious. I should research everything I say to 1000% provability before posting on dawgtalkers or I'm somehow foolish? GMAB Go find a circus if you are looking to hangout with clowns.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Quote:
Thinking outside the box is what’s going to get us away from carbon based energy. Not grumpy old men with defeatist mindsets and the feckless leaders they vote in.

Hey now whats wrong with us grumpy old men. It was my idea to have them hire me to fart into front of the wind turbines. I can supply enough energy to run the state for months on end.

There's only one drawback to your system: everyone East of your wind turbine experiences what it's like to live downwind of a feed lot.

[rim shot]

"too many notes, not enough music-"
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Nelson37
MGH - Did YOU, specifically, FAIL to read my comments on solar panels, IN THIS THREAD, or did YOU, specifically, FAIL TO UNDERSTAND the meanings of the words involved?

If you would like to discuss the clear and obvious differences in scalability over time with memory architecture and physical means of storing energy on a large scale, I am perfectly capable of having that discussion in depth and in detail. YOU, however, are not. Did you cover magnetic bubble storage in your grasping at headlines?

OCD, people test lots of idiotic, stupid ideas every single day, the vast majority of them waste a lot of other people's money demonstrating that their idea was both stupid and idiotic, just like the dumbass suggestion you made about shooting nuclear waste into space, because you have not spent the slightest time, effort, or energy doing any research or reading or accessing in any way the thoughts of those far smarter than your minimal level who have determined, repeatedly, for over 50 years and in many, many published papers, that this in not only not remotely cost-effective, much less even possible, but that it also demonstrates a severe risk of causing fatal levels of radiation poisoning to MILLIONS of people and making huge areas of land uninhabitable for THOUSANDS OF YEARS.

Since you do not think, or seek out accurate information in any recognizable way, you have probably not even conceived the concept that just shooting this crap beyond Earth orbit is NOT SUFFICIENT, it would require a dedicated monitoring team DECADES to manage the multiple, slingshot orbital paths necessary to get this crap out of the freaking solar system, a feat which humanity has only recently accomplished and which task covered almost half a century.

It takes a truly remarkable level of chutzpah to try and tell me I don't know what I am talking about when you clearly have no clue on issues I had detailed knowledge of in the third grade.

Do you have the guts to discuss the cost numbers given in the article? No, you don't. You kvetch, and whine, and moan, and throw insults and names like a small child. I have no interest in the total waste of time you represent. Grow up, and make an effort to at least resemble somebody who just might, with diagrams and pictures, have some faint idea of what a clue might be.

You clearly fail to comprehend the issue is not the details of the subject - but the advancement made in technology through leaps in ability that are currently unknown ....

It takes a remarkable level of chutspah to call others names while failing to grasp what's being discussed.

Back to the subject of technological advancement and improvement of battery storage and what is and what is not possible now and in the future - you only have to look to see what China is doing to believe that there is a huge future in this technology.

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/12/27/china-making-big-battery-storage-push-in-2019/
https://qz.com/1371099/china-added-as-mu...years-combined/
https://www.vanadiumcorp.com/news/industry/china-making-big-battery-storage-push-in-2019/

Maybe you think the Chinese are foolish and in the habit of spending money frivolously on research and technology that will never fly? Maybe you can reach out and educate them so they save $$$Billions?

AND - instead of keep referring to the challenge of storing all this renewable energy as a 'battery' storage issue, it would be more accurate to simply refer to the energy storage issue .... since that's the root discussion and why you claim wind power is failed. . . . in this area there are other huge sums being invested and new tech being developed ....

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/61150...t-storage-play/

Or maybe this is another call you can make and help save Bill a cool $1 Billion?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Here's the bottom line to all of this and I've said it before.

IF you decide to ignore over 90% of scientists and refuse to believe climate change is man made, then almost any price to change over from fossil fuels is too much.

IF you believe over 90% of scientists that climate change is certainly in large part is man made, then almost no cost is too high.

It's all about your ideology.

But let's think about this for just a minute......

One thing is undeniable in this world. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Yet some still claim that continually polluting our air has no consequences. That files in the very face of, " for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." It goes against common sense itself.

Meanwhile in other news.... U.S. taxpayers cover nearly half the cost of R&D for the major drug companies while we pay the highest cost on the globe for prescription drugs while many on the right complain more about tax subsidies for alternative energy than they do about subsidizing drug companies.

And they had better hope that over 90% of scientists are wrong as they believe or they'll have a lot of explaining to do to their children and grandchildren as they travel around our nation wearing oxygen masks.

China saw their people doing that already. That's why now they are the worlds leader in alternative energy. Some people learn from things and some people don't.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
i wonder how much of the issues can be solved simply by cleaning up after ourselves.

bro, we're such a disgusting species, we have a ring of trash orbiting the planet.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: Swish
i wonder how much of the issues can be solved simply by cleaning up after ourselves.

bro, we're such a disgusting species, we have a ring of trash orbiting the planet.

I figure when the earth becomes inhabitable, and they build a space-arc to get us out of here, it will be destroyed by some space junk in orbit and the last of human race will perish.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
P
Legend
Legend
P
A LOT of the problem can be solved that way when it comes to the pollution of our water and land.

But when it comes to our air, only turning away from fossil fuels can do that. As long as we continue to burn fossil fuels bellowing emissions from our cars, our factories and the thick , black smoke of coal keep flowing into the atmosphere, we can't clean up our air.

It's an odd thing. Air and water are the two most critical ingredients to human life. Yet people think rolling back regulations that protect them both is somehow progress. Thinking that investing money to clean them up is government wasteful spending.

Trump's EPA rolls back Obama-era coal ash regulations

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-s-epa-rolls-back-obama-era-coal-ash-regulations-n892586

Like allowing coal ash to be dumped back into our waterways is progress?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Quote:
Thinking outside the box is what’s going to get us away from carbon based energy. Not grumpy old men with defeatist mindsets and the feckless leaders they vote in.

Hey now whats wrong with us grumpy old men. It was my idea to have them hire me to fart into front of the wind turbines. I can supply enough energy to run the state for months on end.

There's only one drawback to your system: everyone East of your wind turbine experiences what it's like to live downwind of a feed lot.

[rim shot]

That's why I live west of Pittsburgh DUH

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
A LOT of the problem can be solved that way when it comes to the pollution of our water and land.

But when it comes to our air, only turning away from fossil fuels can do that. As long as we continue to burn fossil fuels bellowing emissions from our cars, our factories and the thick , black smoke of coal keep flowing into the atmosphere, we can't clean up our air.

It's an odd thing. Air and water are the two most critical ingredients to human life. Yet people think rolling back regulations that protect them both is somehow progress. Thinking that investing money to clean them up is government wasteful spending.

Trump's EPA rolls back Obama-era coal ash regulations

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-s-epa-rolls-back-obama-era-coal-ash-regulations-n892586

Like allowing coal ash to be dumped back into our waterways is progress?

I don't think turning away completely is realistic. We definitely need to figure out a better way of not letting the byproducts into the atmosphere. I'm thinking closed systems with some sort of "condensers" instead of open air venting is a path that should be explored. I'm also curious if some sort of "carbon collector" could be created to "filter" the greenhouse gases that have already been released. I'm thinking something along the lines of an unmanned ultra-light that would glide around the upper atmosphere and somehow separate the carbon dioxide into carbon and oxygen.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
I'm also curious if some sort of "carbon collector" could be created to "filter" the greenhouse gases that have already been released. .....

nanner naughtydevil

P
Legend
Legend
P
That's a great point if they weren't destroying the rain forest and killing off so many trees. But you can't keep killing trees and adding pollution into the air and call that a solution.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm certainly not trying to dismiss your ideas but you're suggestions are ideas that have not even been attempted or been investigated to any great length. We would be at the least, decades away from them ever being developed.

And I hope I'm not giving the impression that I think some "New Green Deal" is suddenly going to make us fossil fuel free in ten years. That's kind of my problem with politics. There seem to be two extremes with no middle ground and common sense involved.

So looking into your ideas is certainly worth doing. However we still need to move forward with what options we have in place to keep our planet safe for future generations.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
That's a great point if they weren't destroying the rain forest and killing off so many trees. But you can't keep killing trees and adding pollution into the air and call that a solution.

That's the hidden meaning in my reply..

We have all the necessary equipment to deal with most of our issues, but we tend to destroy/remove the good while increasing the bad.

We seem to think introducing a non-native species to an area to rid ourselves of a pest is a good idea, only to be worse off when the invasive species grows beyond control.

We cross breed species, only to create and uncontrollable species with no enemies.

Sometimes it's not a matter of if we CAN, but more a matter of if we SHOULD.

Imagine if the CDC where to be bombed or have some sort of explosion. What could/would get released into the environment, all in the name of science.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Great post Florida!

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

They would be Brazilians. In this country, we plant 6 trees for every one harvested. We currently have 2/3s is the trees that were believed to be here in the 1600s, and reforestation efforts started in the 1920s. There are also moratoriums on certain woods from other countries.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Legend
Legend
sorry bro but i definitely want to see scientist clone a mammoth.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What does that have to do with trees?

Cloning a mammoth is a project that is currently being explored by scientists. The flash frozen specimens they've found have excellent samples of DNA, and was the basis of a movie.

Legend
Legend
Florida mentioned in the name of science and I just brought it up because.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Why don't you? Someone else did your work.

Now, go ahead and tell me how batteries are going to save the country, and worl................never mind.

Are you having fun? First you tried to attack based on the fact that battery storage wasn't used. Then after you were proven wrong you switched to "Well now they'll want more tax money" to... what's next arch?

Come on man, Arch is coming along, He managed to get his ass handed to him and he was able to not scream out " but what about Hilary????"

Reading the thread kind of reminded of watching The Office and seeing Michael Scott continue to embrasse himself. its funny as hell, but also kind of makes you cringe just a little

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm not sure what is more interesting. That they've found good specimens, or that they froze so quickly that they are good specimens. I just hope there's no such thing as deadly mammoth pox if they're successful.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell

They would be Brazilians.
Yeah because we arent a part of that market and I am sure NONE of the US corporations have any involvement in ANY business that is involved in the destruction of the rainforests

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: kingodawg
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Why don't you? Someone else did your work.

Now, go ahead and tell me how batteries are going to save the country, and worl................never mind.

Are you having fun? First you tried to attack based on the fact that battery storage wasn't used. Then after you were proven wrong you switched to "Well now they'll want more tax money" to... what's next arch?

Come on man, Arch is coming along, He managed to get his ass handed to him and he was able to not scream out " but what about Hilary????"

Reading the thread kind of reminded of watching The Office and seeing Michael Scott continue to embrasse himself. its funny as hell, but also kind of makes you cringe just a little

Got my ass handed to me???????????????? Apparently you cant read, or maybe comprehend. You didn't understand, and for you and your unabated attempts to discredit me, it's not surprising.

Go 'embrasse' yourself somewhere else.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
To be fair we all embarrass ourselves from time to time. Arch, you just do it more often than others, but I still like you even when you are in stalker mode.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Claiming people didn't comprehend it isn't really a valid excuse. wink

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Claiming people didn't comprehend it isn't really a valid excuse. wink

At this point it’s the only thing he’s got.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: Swish
sorry bro but i definitely want to see scientist clone a mammoth.

ROFL, would be awesome wouldn't it. smile

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Trump mocks wind power: 'When the wind doesn't blow, just turn off the television'

Link Copied to Clipboard