Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#1611436 04/07/19 11:27 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Get a behind the scenes view of new head coach Freddie Kitchens' introductory press conference. New coordinators Steve Wilks and Todd Monken evaluate the 2018 season. Follow Joel Bitonio to his first Pro Bowl, including practices, a game recap and an air boat gator ride.

Building the Browns is an Emmy award-winning documentary series that follows the front office and coaching staff during the Senior Bowl, Combine and the Draft. The series takes the viewer inside the process that goes into selecting players on draft night. Building the Browns also takes fans along with players to visit their homes and see their lives when they are away from Berea. Episodes air Sundays in Cleveland on News 5 (WEWS) during 4 weeks in April leading up to and immediately following the NFL Draft and are archived on ClevelandBrowns.com and YouTube.

UPCOMING EPISODES:

Episode 1 – Premieres April 7th at 11:30 a.m.
Behind the scenes view of new head coach Freddie Kitchens' introductory press conference. New coordinators Steve Wilks and Todd Monken evaluate the 2018 season. Follow Joel Bitonio to his first Pro Bowl, including practices, a game recap and an air boat gator ride.

Episode 2 – Premieres April 14th at 11:30 a.m.
Follow a day in the life of Freddie Kitchens during his first day as a head coach at the NFL Combine. John Dorsey, Alonzo Highsmith and Eliot Wolf discuss what they want to accomplish at the Combine. Director of College Scouting Steve Malin travels to Lexington to scout Kentucky's Pro Day. Sheldon Richardson and other free agents visit Berea for the first time after signing with the Browns.

Episode 3 – Premieres April 21st at 11:30 a.m.
Players return to Berea to begin offseason workouts. A day in the life of Baker Mayfield. Learn more about Freddie Kitchens as he travels to Alabama to speak at a coach's clinic. See how John Dorsey prepares for the Draft.

Episode 4 – Premieres April 28th at 11:30 a.m.
Recap the second day of the Draft and follow the Browns' pick as he arrives in Berea and tours the facility. An overview of the 2019 Draft. A look forward to the 2019 season, what will come from OTAs, minicamp and training camp.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
thanks for gathering .. I'll watch later today!

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

Good episode.

Freddie is really growing on me. Simple principals are the key to success, that's the way he lives his life. During the ride to the PC...

Driver: "Are you nervous?"

"Heck no, I learned a long time ago, speak the truth and there is never anything to be nervous about. I'm never going to say something I don't believe. Always believe what you say and say what you believe."

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
T
Legend
Legend
T
Truth?

Nothing Kitchens can or will do will endear me to him until the team wins games under him. period.

2. Just the thought of this team having another new head coach for the dozenth time since the return gives me uneasiness.

3. I don't give a rip about off season behind the scenes looks into players and executives lives, (especially when nobody even ever sticks around for any length of time anyway),

I wanna see the team win games on Sundays, Mondays whatever in the fall, and make an impact in the league.
I wanna see this team win! What the heck is wrong with me wanting that!

well, Maybe all they can do at this point is have fluff broadcasts of behind the scenes looks into all the fancy workings of the franchise,

But as long as we approach nearly 30 YEARS without a playoff win, don't hate on me if I don't give a (rip) about your whatever it is.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Just the thought of this team having another new head coach for the dozenth time since the return gives me uneasiness.

Just the thought of this team having another new head coach other than the last one gives me relief.

Legend
Legend
haha both good points

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Freddie is going to absolutely great - love that guy. Dorsey, Freddie, and Baker will lead the Browns to the Promised Land - bank on it.

Legend
Legend
Watched it on the 7th.. Very nice.. Thanks for posting.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

What does our Director of College Scouting do when he’s at a college Pro Day? Our brand-new episode of Building the Browns shows us that and more behind-the-scenes looks as GM John Dorsey and HC Freddie Kitchens prepare for the draft. As the draft plan comes together, our 2019 free agents, including DT Sheldon Richardson, arrive in Berea for their first official day as Browns. Also there are binoculars.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
great, episode 2 up

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Looking forward to episode 3.

Legend
Legend
That was a nice look behind the scenes. The Browns do a nice job with this series.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Freddie looks incredibly comfortable in this role, whether in front of the media or his peers - he's never trying to be, or appear to be, something he's not. Candid, truthful, calls it like he sees it.

Dorsey just commands respect with everyone he encounters. He seems to have a genuine rapport with players at all levels.

Sheldon Richardson is going to have his best seasons with the Browns... He's found his home.

Legend
Legend
This program seems to have a lot more meaning these days.. Sundays episode was fun to watch.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Dorsey is the ultimate alpha male and a perfect football guy ... he exhibits the traits of a leader to me

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: FATE

Good episode.

Freddie is really growing on me. Simple principals are the key to success, that's the way he lives his life. During the ride to the PC...

Driver: "Are you nervous?"

"Heck no, I learned a long time ago, speak the truth and there is never anything to be nervous about. I'm never going to say something I don't believe. Always believe what you say and say what you believe."

Here's another one from back in January: https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/...37-90c872627061

“I think as you go through life and go through being part of a team, you view yourself as just another person, another body,” Kitchens said. “I’m sure that everybody views themselves like that, but what it makes you realize is sometimes, the people around you care more about you than you realize.

“I think I was always one of those guys that respected life, that tried to live every day like it was his last. I like to feel like that’s the way I was. Realizing it costs absolutely nothing to be nice and you’re kind of the author to your own story, and that’s just part of my story now.”

Good words to live by.

Then there's what Carson Palmer had to say about Freddie. Now, ordinarily, I wouldn't think too much about public statements from a former player, but this is no ordinary praise..

“Freddie will put a very disciplined team on the field, year in and year out. He will pour his heart into his team and they will play with passion and love for one another and the game. Freddie is a true gem and a brilliant hire by the Browns.”

Legend
Legend
pretty sweet quote by Carson Palmer

Legend
Legend
Episode 3:

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
great, thanks ytown

Legend
Legend
Sweet, been waiting patiently.

Happy Birthday Bro! Hope you had a splendid birthday and Easter!

Legend
Legend
Thank you very much. Just 4 more till the big 60. crazy

Legend
Legend
Yesterdays episode was a good one,, Watch it if you have the time... interesting

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
C
Legend
Legend
C
It looks like they are doing the stupid “earn your stripes” thing again.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
It looks like they are doing the stupid “earn your stripes” thing again.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Good watch

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

In this episode, Quarterback Baker Mayfield visits West Park Barber Shop Premier Lounge to meet up with his barber for a haircut and a beard trim, the coaches get their first on field look at the players during the voluntary minicamp in Berea, and meet two of the newest Cleveland Browns after Day Two of the NFL Draft.

#gmSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Loved Episode 4 smile

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
can't wait to watch

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
They should make a series called "Baker and His Barber." Probably the most interesting conversation of the whole series. Yay: Baker's a bigfooter!

C
Legend
Legend
C
Baker with his barber was tedious and not entertaining at all.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Baker with his barber was tedious and not entertaining at all.

It was super boring.

The rest of the episode was good.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I've watched every episode since it began and I think this series has had too much influence from 'Hard Knocks'. What separated BTB and made it superior, in my opinion, is it straight up showed what was happening and there were no silly side stories trying to make you like the person nor was it overly produced. It was a fly on the wall doc as things happened. Sure, it was censored, but it still felt more honest and truthful than 'Hard Knocks'. However, I have yet to fully engage with this season. It's trying too hard to be something it isn't or shouldn't be. The flickering graphics annoy the hell out of me and pointless side stories like the forced Barber scene have made it lose the authenticity that it once had.

Hopefully episode 5 just focuses on the draft war room, the discussions on who to select and then some footage on the kids they drafted. Ideally, I would love to hear the WHY behind them being their selection, but I don't think we would ever get that. That question gets the usual lip service answer when asked by the press.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I think episode four was the last one.

Legend
Legend
I'd prefer them to just how straight interactions between coaches/GM/players/etc .. just mic them up during their typical days.

I understand it'd be censored and would probably not appeal to the mass audience, but that's the stuff I think WE'D all care about most

Legend
Legend

They did 8 of them last year.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It was fun watching my barber with my quarterback. The problem for me is that Pat works by appointment, and getting one with him now is going to have to be weeks in advance.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

Hmmm....I thought there was a "In the Next episode" teaser trailer at the end of episode 4?

Legend
Legend
yeah i think there's another

Legend
Legend
Again, last year they did 8 episodes. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't do so again.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Again, last year they did 8 episodes. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't do so again.

At the end of episode 4, promo says episode 5 premiers TODAY, May 1st.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum 2019 Building the Browns

Link Copied to Clipboard