Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Britt McHenry: New 49er Nick Bosa tackled by Trump Derangement Syndrome

Angry leftist social media mobs have been attacking Nick Bosa, an exceptionally talented defensive end out of Ohio State drafted Thursday by the San Francisco 49ers, because he is – gasp – a conservative who supports President Trump.

How dare he!

Ironically, some of the same folks who criticized the 49ers for dropping left-wing quarterback Colin Kaepernick after he began kneeling protests at the start of games while the national anthem was being played are now complaining that the team didn’t reject Bosa for his right-wing political beliefs.

As the second overall pick of this year’s NFL draft, Bosa ought to be celebrating the start of his pro football career. Unless he decides to run for elective office or take a job in politics or focused on public policy, his views on President Trump ought to be irrelevant.

The 49ers, based in the most liberal city in America, obviously didn’t pick Bosa for his politics.

The 49ers, based in the most liberal city in America, obviously didn’t pick Bosa for his politics. The football team picked him because he is one of best young football players around. That seems like the obvious reason any team ought to use to decide on a draft pick.

You would think most 49ers fans would concern themselves with more pressing matters for the Bay Area, like rampant homelessness. Health care workers say about 10,000 people are living homeless in the streets – a number nearly 72 percent higher than the 2010 federal tally.

Instead, Trump haters are feverishly tweeting their anger about a player who had the nerve to send out positive tweets about the duly elected president of the United States, along with some negative tweets deemed politically incorrect.

Having once covered football extensively as a reporter, I first saw Bosa’s tweets a few years ago when he gained traction among national scouting circles.

In a world where people with nothing better to do try to dig up tweets or other social media posts of star athletes going back to their early teen years, the backlash to Bosa exercising his free speech rights under the First Amendment was a long time coming.

Bosa and his advisers clearly anticipated backlash as they geared up for the draft. Bosa deleted numerous tweets in which he labeled Kaepernick a "clown," Beyoncé's music "complete trash," and “Black Panther” the "worst Marvel movie."

These comments could be relevant if Bosa was seeking employment as a sports commentator, or a film or music critic. But he’s not.

Give Bosa some credit for at least showing bravery. Only a confident person would dare upset members of the “Bey-hive” (as Beyoncé’s fans call themselves), one of the most militant fan bases on the Internet.

But Bosa’s opinions on music and movies aren’t the primary cause of the social media furor surrounding him. His publicly expressed faith in Trump, along with his “liking” and following conservative commentators on social media, is what is driving the left nuts.

After all, saying anything positive about President Trump is a cardinal sin for the progressive faction of the country.

Yet these woke fans are perfectly fine with the national anthem protests that have spread from Kaepernick to other players around the league to protest what they consider police brutality.

In the end, this is all nonsense – white noise that Bosa will tune out. And every time he makes a sack or forces a fumble, those beleaguered 49er fans desperate for more than four wins will cheer for him.

More importantly, a few of his new teammates – including Solomon Thomas, Kwon Alexander and DeForest Buckner – welcomed Bosa with open virtual arms on social media Thursday night.

It’s absurd for anyone to think that Bosa, a white man who spent the better part of three seasons in a top collegiate program’s locker room, won’t be able to get along with African-American teammates simply because of his political views.

Welcome to 2019. Many of us don’t agree with each other in the current political climate, but we still manage to get to work on time and do our jobs. And there are sharp political differences in families as well, but they haven’t caused a big jump in the divorce rate.

At the very least, Bosa will pick up new fans when he plays in the Midwest and the South. If – or likely when – President Trump gives Bosa a shout-out, we can grab some popcorn and be entertained with another social media explosion driven by Trump Derangement Syndrome.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/britt-mc...gement-syndrome

Legend
Legend
Trump Derangement Syndrome.... Doesn't exist. what there is is a distrust of the current resident of the White house.. and he's done nothing...NOTHING to stop that distrust..

Liar

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Trump Derangement Syndrome.... Doesn't exist

Disagreeing with or disliking Donald Trump does not equal TDS.. but with the number of MAGA hat wearing folks who get confronted and attacked simply for wearing the hat, I would say that it absolutely does exist... just not to the extent the right wants you to believe.

yebat' Putin
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It absolutely does exist. Some of which is valid, the guy is a liar and a moron. A lot of it, is not and this is definitely a scenario where it is not. We are talking about a guy who lives his life with, around and is beloved by his black team mates being called a racist for liking some tweets and not liking a movie.

Try to tell me it doesn't exist and I will show you someone who has it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:

Disagreeing with or disliking Donald Trump does not equal TDS.. but with the number of MAGA hat wearing folks who get confronted and attacked simply for wearing the hat, I would say that it absolutely does exist... just not to the extent the right wants you to believe.

I haven't seen many MAGA hats in synagogues.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's hard to show anyone has a made up term used to discredit people who question the president. I mean, since it's made up.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Quote:

I haven't seen many MAGA hats in synagogues.

MAGA Yamulkes

yebat' Putin
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Apparently Bosa's got a thing for enjoying tweets that disparage gay people, others that sort of endorse rape, and he sees no problem with white people using the n-word. His agent scrubbed his social media accounts the last two weeks.

He gets to go play in ultra-liberal San Francisco, so he'll really enjoy himself now.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, last I checked about 30% of American Jews were Republicans. The other 70% were Democrats.

I still doubt they wear those to the synagogue.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well he's a football player. The only time most people get worked up about that is if they espouse liberal views.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Yeah, last I checked about 30% of American Jews were Republicans. The other 70% were Democrats.

I still doubt they wear those to the synagogue.

Probably not, they don't feel safe.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
How could they possibly feel less safe? Racists are killing them like flies in their own place of worship.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Quote:

That hat was innocent enough when it came out, but Trump supporters wearing that hat in 2016 lent it its meaning which ranks right up there with the rebel flag, white hood, and swastika... You can't throw blame on the left until you blame those on the right for giving it its meaning.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/29/19 05:31 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Quote:

That hat was innocent enough when it came out, but Trump supporters wearing that hat in 2016 lent it its meaning which ranks right up there with the rebel flag, white hood, and swastika... You can't throw blame on the left until you blame those on the right for giving it its meaning.

False.

No Craps Given
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Quote:

False.

Yes, it was the Left who placed all those labels on the MAGA hat. It is how they play.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Added a couple pics for proof. There are many more where those came from. Trump supporters sporting Nazi armbands and a MAGA Hat, the Parkland shooter... GOPer thugs gave it its meaning.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
You can just look on these threads a while back as you guys were calling it a hood.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Added a couple pics for proof. There are many more where those came from. Trump supporters sporting Nazi armbands and a MAGA Hat, the Parkland shooter... GOPer thugs gave it its meaning.

Learn about photoshop and dont be gullible.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Learn about photoshop and dont be gullable.

No low for you...

E
Legend
Legend
E
I am fine with the rebel flag. I have zero problems with it.

If you radicals want to demonize it, and campaign hats, that's your problem.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
and I'm the radical... smh

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I remember when the stars and bars stood for Americans standing in defiance of a Federal government, in favor of States Rights.

Rebellion!

The Left has since twisted it to be a symbol of slavery and white supremacy.

Another rewrite of History.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
I remember when the stars and bars stood for Americans standing in defiance of a Federal government, in favor of States Rights.

Rebellion!

Nope. The bigots waving it around did that, not to mention that it was the flag of the confederacy in a war over slavery... but let's not let facts get in the way. Ever been to a KKK rally and not seen a rebel flag? Thanks for playing.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/29/19 06:21 PM.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Just because racists carry the stars and bars does not mean it stands for white supremacy, the people carrying the flag do, but that is not what the flag stands for.

I remember the picture of the Gay Flag or whatever its called being held while they beat the snot out of a Christian on the street. Are you saying that flag stands for anti Christian bigotry?

O
Legend
Legend
O
I am saying that the Rebel flag is a symbol of white supremacy. And I'm not at all surprised that you and Eve defend it.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

Rebellion!

A State's rights to keep slavery legal, right?

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: cle23

Rebellion!

A State's right to control their own destiny.
To not be subject to Federal control.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

Rebellion!

But the one thing that caused them to feel this to the point of rebellion was slavery, pure and simple.

The Confederate States and flag represent slavery. Not all members represented it, because a lot simply fought for the "home state" but the war was started and fought over slavery.

Legend
Legend
with all due respect, you're wasting your time.

if you would've seen the comments throughout the years here, you'd understand that guys like 40 and a few others would've proudly fought for the confederacy to keep africans as slaves if this was 1861.

its why they try their hardest to say things like "States rights" over what the issue was mainly about: the state's rights to own slaves.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
I agree with Swish and keeping 40 and his ilk set right on the facts is a full time job in futility.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Rebellion!

But the one thing that caused them to feel this to the point of rebellion was slavery, pure and simple.

The Confederate States and flag represent slavery. Not all members represented it, because a lot simply fought for the "home state" but the war was started and fought over slavery.

Like OCD, you make up your own history. That is why this Country is in such a mess.

Did you know that slavery was illegal in Georgia back in the day? It was banned in 1735.
King George ordered Georgia to overturn that law and allow slavery but ban Catholics.

England and Spain were at war a lot so the King wanted Georgia developed and settled faster in order to keep the Spanish, who controlled Florida, from taking Georgia and threatening Carolina.

He didn't want to tick off the Spanish so he had Georgia ban Catholics which is what the Spanish were. No Catholics meant no Spanish.

The Colonies and later the States saw themselves like independent countries back then. When we tried to make them part of the Federal system, the North accepted it but the South wanted to remain independent.

True History is important. Changing it to fit today is to lose what made America what it is.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 04/29/19 09:06 PM.
Legend
Legend
its always funny that everytime we have this debate, 40 and others magically come up with new ways to justify why they supported the southern states to own slaves.

at this point, you're one step away from going "they deserved it".

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
No, by this time in any discussion you guys start making up your own history and I fill you in on the facts.

-Slavery was real bad.
-America would not exist without the Africans who built the place.
-The history I told you about Georgia is True History.

Those are the facts Jack.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Can you tell us again how you stood on your gardeners back? Or maybe we can talk about the facts where you called another board member a future cop killer.

Get your weak takes out of here.

U
Rookie
Rookie
U
Originally Posted By: Swish
its always funny that everytime we have this debate, 40 and others magically come up with new ways to justify why they supported the southern states to own slaves.

at this point, you're one step away from going "they deserved it".

j/c
i do allot of reading and hardly any replies ,but no where did any of these posters justify or support slavery. All they were doing was helping everybody along with the correct history. to be correct , the civil war was not all about slavery. As a matter of fact it was about the southern states power struggle. Lincoln himself said to save the Union he would not out law slavery. You want proof look at his letter to Horace Greeley. Want more facts, Lincoln wanted to send all free slaves to Africa due to him feeling they were inferior and only being worth 3/5 a man. Think about that, a human being being called 3/5th a man. This guy was more of a white surprimatist than anybody is leading on and history shows it.
Slavery is a horrible stain in our history but please can we stick to the facts and not lie and give false narratives for for personal politics and agendas

V
Legend
Legend
V
You are right. The Civil War was much more about other things, such as industry vs agriculture and state's rights than it was about slavery. Hell, there were slaves in the North. Google Freedom Notes.

But, like almost everything on this board, facts are not important. Agendas are.

That goes for both sides.

Legend
Legend
The civil war was mainly about slavery. And I will continue to call out people who attempt to minimize it every single time.

Apparently you haven’t done much reading on here, because this goes well beyond just this single thread. There is a long repeated pattern of people on this board who attempt to downplay the clear affects that time period has on our society today.

So I disagree agree with you, and always will.

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
What was the right they cared about?

Case in point. Your "not about slavery" argument holds no water.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Here is a simple concept for you, sonny.

A gun is a tool. It can be used to commit murder. That does not make the gun an instrument of evil.

A gun is a tool. It can be used to prevent murder. That does not make the gun an instrument of good.

It is simply a tool.

State's Rights is a concept in law. It refers to the states right to order itself as desired within it's own borders. This right can be used to do good things, it can be used to do bad things. This does not make State's Rights a good thing, or a bad thing.

It is simply a concept in law.

Now, when you are listening to folks who refuse to understand what an assault rifle is, and insist that such a weapon is not defined by it's mechanical function, but instead by how they FEEL about it, you are going to be both confused and incorrect a lot more often than you should be.

Most of them don't even know what the Confederate flag was, and insist it was something completely different.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
You are right. The Civil War was much more about other things, such as industry vs agriculture and state's rights than it was about slavery. Hell, there were slaves in the North. Google Freedom Notes.

But, like almost everything on this board, facts are not important. Agendas are.

That goes for both sides.

How was a vast majority of the Southern agriculture handled? Slaves maybe? The South feared the collapse of their slave based economy

That obviously wasn't the only issue, but it was the predominant issue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus New 49er Nick Bosa tackled by Trump Derangement Syndrome

Link Copied to Clipboard