Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I am not going to get into the nonsense that was introduced after my last post.

I do want to talk about the excitement surrounding the team. After years of knowing how bad our talent was, I find it remarkably thrilling that we are so loaded w/talent. I think it's cool as hell we're getting so much positive national attention. I also think we're going to get multiple prime-time games because the networks understand the excitement that Dorsey's Browns are generating.

I also want to add that I've listened to posters on here saying how the media tries to make us look bad. I never agreed w/that. I simply thought we were bad. Now, we have talent and the national media is rightfully taking notice.

It's a good feeling to finally feel optimistic about this team. Dorsey is doing a masterful job and I want to soak it all in.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Browns are up to 9th in ESPN's latest Power Rankings. The Ravens are 13th, Steelers are 16th, and Bengals are 28th.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

Browns are up to 9th in ESPN's latest Power Rankings. The Ravens are 13th, Steelers are 16th, and Bengals are 28th.

Nice! ESPN can still.....something not nice.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't think we are America's team. We might be the team of the moment.

We could become that, but that takes time and winning some games, or at least being in close, exciting games

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

We could become that, but that takes time and winning some games, or at least being in close, exciting games

Would you stop being so pragmatic? It’s been a long time since the hyperbole for us has been positive and interesting. Celebrate the joy, for tomorrow it may all blow up in our face.

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, we are not America's Team. However, it's nice to finally hear positive things about the Browns and to be legitimately excited about the talent on the team.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Bro, I think it is different this time. This is the first team we have had since the rebirth that has talent and is headed by a great FO.

I agree....and hopefully a HC with some hope as well.

I always felt we gave up on Palmer too soon, but after that, it's been one boob after another.

I have high hopes for Freddie, but he is unproven.

My hope in him is he is a former QB. He played big time football, and his southern roots will resonate through the team. He sounds like a normal guy who played QB at Alabama.

I think all players can respect that even if he didn't play in the NFL. They know he could ball.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

Would you stop being so pragmatic? It’s been a long time since the hyperbole for us has been positive and interesting. Celebrate the joy, for tomorrow it may all blow up in our face.

Sorry, pragmatic is my middle name. grin

That said, I am as excited as anybody. I am at the age where I don't like to wish a portion of my life away, but sure, if tomorrow was September, I would be a happy camper.

Look, we are all in the same boat. Some of us want to see the first, some of use want to see another...I don't want to say last, but it could be....I never thought it would be this friggen long since our last in 64.

I went from a teen to a old man in between. We are about to enter another golden era. I started out in one, and want to finish up in one....not all that soon of course, but that is up to my Maker.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Yeah, we are not America's Team. However, it's nice to finally hear positive things about the Browns and to be legitimately excited about the talent on the team.

For now, that's actually enough for me.

It's been interesting to see the change in coverage since mid-season 2018. Granted, it's a lot more fun than hearing Rich Eisen say "Browns are gonna brown." In all, the tone is more positive because the news itself is more positive.

I have yet to let it go to my head, because this team hasn't taken a single snap yet. I love the potential I see, but I want to actually see it before I let myself get all stoopit crazy with Browns Fever.

Is CLE the new 'America's Team?' Not yet.

They are the latest off season media darlings because of the novelty of their situation, and that's understandable. But in order to take the title, I feel they must earn the new fan base with entertaining games and exciting wins. To be called 'America's Team,' they have to sell themselves to the casual football fan and bring them along. CLE has a chance to do that, but they can't actually begin earning it until reg season 2019.

Until then, I'm more than happy reading the new press, learning about the new locker room and keeping track of the new developments.

Gotta say it: I haven't been this interested/involved with the off-season Browns in a long lotta years. Not like this. It's rather fun.

Can't wait,
Clem

"too many notes, not enough music-"
V
Legend
Legend
V
Hey Clem...............I don't think we are America's Team or ever will be. I simply put the positive stuff in this thread because it's a positive thread. LOL

I don't know if there is an "America's Team." I see a lot of Dallas and Pittsburgh jerseys, bumper stickers, caps, etc in my travels. Not sure if any of them are America's Team.

All I know is that America is taking notice of the Browns because John "Freaking" Dorsey is building a very talented roster. I think it's cool as hell and I am embracing the positive feedback.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
I love the potential I see, but I want to actually see it before I let myself get all stoopit crazy with Browns Fever.

I've been waiting for this since BB was our coach. I'm done with the cautious optimism...I'm all stoopit crazy with Browns fever! It started when Randall handed Hue the ball after that interception. 12-4 baby. Mark it down.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
We will be taking over the North. Very frikking shortly.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
It started when Randall handed Hue the ball after that interception.

That was freakkin' epic.
After that game, I heard that someone on the team said that Randall could have run some good yardage back... but that handoff was the better play.

rofl

Hey- for the record, I was never a Hue Hater... but when I saw that, I just smiled, shook my head, and said:

'Style points': off the charts.

thumbsup

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm not a fan of the America's team.. I do Love hearing that the Browns have the largest and Greatest Fan Base !

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
I'm not a fan of the America's team.. I do Love hearing that the Browns have the largest and Greatest Fan Base !

It's only going to get larger my friend. And some people snickered to know I was a Browns fan, actually had season tickets and actually went to games 6-7 times a year.

They aren't feeling sorry for me anymore.

It feels good, but as I told them then and will forever, I stick with my team no matter what. Once you are in my inner circle, you are in, I don't bail. The Browns have been, and always will be, IN.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
Me too. Ever since I knew what football was. Browns all the way. When they left? I didn't watch much football. At all.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Once you are in my inner circle, you are in, I don't bail.

That's how I do my friendships, too. Womb 2 tomb.
Loyal unless (or until) you betray that loyalty.
Then you're dead. For good. Until they plant you.

I've been screwed by former 'Inner Circlers' in the past. With some, I've actually "kissed and made up," but I never let them all the way back in.

I was ready to bail on the Browns a few years back when it was so unbearable. Even if I had, I would never have been as deep a fan of any other squad. I've been O&B since I was 3-4 years old. It's part of the family fabric.

Kinda nice seeing things turn positive while I can still get to a game or two. Like you, I really hope to see them win it all. Spend my Golden Years on top, just like when I was a wee sprat.

thumbsup

L
Legend
Legend
L
Fan since the fumble game. Never considered bailing.

gmstrong

-----------------

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I don't understand the notion of bailing on your team. You pick a team and stick with that team regardless. I am from RI and have been a fan since 67. Geographically, made no sense, but they were my team from day 1 and I have and always will be a loyal, passionate fanatic of the Browns.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I am an Army Brat. I was in Europe 4-9 years of age. No TV there, I remember going on a Air Craft Carrier that was in town and marveled at watching TV...lol of course it was me on the screen.

So I played in the mountains every day and if not there then I was at the Pool by the Embassy club - Burgers and all. Also some great Spear fishing. (I had learned how to swim at 2 years)

So I came to the states as a short but herculean kid (I was always like the 3rd shortest in the class - remembering the class picture that was in size order) But legs shoulders and arms were as if I lifted all day but never touched weights.

So there I was the first place my father landed was Cleveland, we lived in a house in Euclid. So these kids were playing this game. I have the ball and they have to wrestle me to the ground...lol fat chance. After a while they are calling me Jim Brown...who is this JIM BROWN??? Well found out soon enough as Football season started along with school. 1964 what a season to be a Browns fan wink

The following year we were stationed at Pittsburgh. Steelers were door mats of the NFL...No way was I changing. I did become a PIRATE fan as I was totally enamored with Roberto Clemente as I had a great arm from all that rock throwing in Europe.

So we moved and Grandparents (mom n dad both born in NYC) between move and when my Dad went to Vietnam I stayed in Queens. Never changed. Most were Yankee fans.

My grandfather owned a Deli in Manhattan and would bring back the coupons on the back of Bordens milk container. 15 got you in Shea Stadium to a mets game. So I would bring the entire block to Shea (we would go on the train as bunch of kids) maybe once a week. So I digress. Point is remained Browns and Pirate fan...all my life. won't get into Basketball and Hockey...lol laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Good stuff Tab!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted By: kwhip
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
One thing being left out a lot is Freddie. I have faith in him, but he still is stepping into a new realm. He seems to have the personality to handle it, but you never know.

In the back of my mind I can picture him being overwhelmed, and making bad decisions out of haste. I mean, this team has a knack for the smackdown, just when we think things are right, something major happens. Yes, battered fan syndrome.

If Freddie proves to be the man, it will be the ultimate icing on the cake.

Dawg. We're in great hands. I sense fear of failure from some.

CAP. Give this Dawg a DRINK ON ME....

HELL, GIVE HIM A BOTTLE ON ME...

Let's all sit down and share one, or three.

I have a strict rule when drinking. I always have to end on a odd number, and that number is never 1.

That's a great rule when drinking. Man, I miss drinking lol On pain meds so alcohol becomes dangerous... I intend to stick around long enough to see us win at least one. I am not getting any younger... It's funny. Back in the day they always told me if I quit smoking and drinking I'd feel so much better. Haven't had a cig for 12 years and haven't been drunk in about that long as well. I sure as heck don't feel better lol

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I've been a fan since I was five years old. That was 52 years ago. I never got to see Jim Brown live but I did get to see Leroy Kelly smile Lived through the Warfield trade. The Mike Phipps era. Then red right 88. The drive. The fumble. The stupidity of firing Marty. The move. Lost a lot of Browns items the day that was announced. Burned it all. I swear if I saw Model walking down the street that day I would have run him over with my car. smile We might have gone to the Super Bowl that year. That was a really good team. Finally, the rebirth. It has been a long road to get here. Lots of disappointments, along with some thrills as well. Good team or 0-16 I am a Browns fan. 4 life!

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Ever since Baker got the start, Oklahoma had TV coverage for every Brown game. So I guess it's arguable that the Browns are "Oklahoma's team," not having an in-state NFL franchise...LOL. And if Seibert makes the grade, he'll be very conspicuous, as kickers are.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
Ever since Baker got the start, Oklahoma had TV coverage for every Brown game. So I guess it's arguable that the Browns are "Oklahoma's team," not having an in-state NFL franchise...LOL. And if Seibert makes the grade, he'll be very conspicuous, as kickers are.

I was very grateful that every Browns game after Baker started was on TV here. It was like getting the Sunday Ticket for free. I hope they keep that up this season and adding OBJ and Seibert is only icing on the cake. As far as being Oklahomas team, lets just say they are Oklahomas newest toy, but Dallas fandom runs deep in most of the state and the north and east portions, KC fares very well. If the Browns are winners this season, I can see a Brown and Orange wave forming across the state.

#GMSTRONG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I wonder how often Cardinals games will be televised?

Rookie
Rookie
Must be trending in that direction. I'm not a band wagon fan. I have been a Dallas Cowboys fan for 45 years now. Really like a lot of the browns players and started watching more and more games. Really glad to see this team coming back to the light. I've never had another team but decided to join here and talk a little football with you guys. I'm hooked and with be faithful to this team as well going forward. Hopefully you guy will accept a two team guy. Go Dawgs!

L
Legend
Legend
L
Welcome.

We've got a lot of snarling dawgs here, but if you talk good football and seem cool, you'll be ok.

Heads up: nobody here likes the Cowboys. I used to, but that was in the 70s.

gmstrong

-----------------

E
Legend
Legend
E
Lamp, how do you know nobody here likes the Cowboys?

Or other teams?

My heart is with the Browns, but I have a soft spot for other teams and root for them in the playoffs. (Jax, because I was born there, and Atl because I live in Atl)

Its totally ok to like other teams and post on this forum.

No Craps Given
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: 2019
Must be trending in that direction. I'm not a band wagon fan. I have been a Dallas Cowboys fan for 45 years now. Really like a lot of the browns players and started watching more and more games. Really glad to see this team coming back to the light. I've never had another team but decided to join here and talk a little football with you guys. I'm hooked and with be faithful to this team as well going forward. Hopefully you guy will accept a two team guy. Go Dawgs!

Welcome. Look forward to hearing your opinions and football thoughts.

No Craps Given
Rookie
Rookie
thanks, I won't cause any problems or have other agendas. I just love football. It's been 24 years since I've had much to cheer about. My wife is from Ohio and we still own a rental house there. Antwerp, if anyone knows where the heck that is. Been around forums for about 15 years now and still help Moderate one.

Just football all the time.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Lamp, how do you know nobody here likes the Cowboys?

Or other teams?

My heart is with the Browns, but I have a soft spot for other teams and root for them in the playoffs. (Jax, because I was born there, and Atl because I live in Atl)

Its totally ok to like other teams and post on this forum.

You are right,Eve. I didn't realize it was totally ok to like other teams and post on this forum.

Never realized that,until you said.

2019: there aren't a lot of Dallas fans here.

gmstrong

-----------------

L
Legend
Legend
L
But do your thing man. I hope you stick around. Roger Staubach was my first NFL fave.

gmstrong

-----------------

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg

I was very grateful that every Browns game after Baker started was on TV here. It was like getting the Sunday Ticket for free. I hope they keep that up this season and adding OBJ and Seibert is only icing on the cake. As far as being Oklahomas team, lets just say they are Oklahomas newest toy, but Dallas fandom runs deep in most of the state and the north and east portions, KC fares very well. If the Browns are winners this season, I can see a Brown and Orange wave forming across the state.

You will get all the AZ Cardinals games this year... new #1 pick to feature and all.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend

My father worked for Thompson Products which became TRW. Born on the Lake in Willowick. Was transferred to Harrisburg, Pa. at three yrs. old. Back to Cleveland at twelve in 1960. I got a paper route. Delivered the PD. Read the sports page every day. Jim Brown was "it".

TRW had a Christmas banquet every year for the employees and would bring members of the Browns to the banquet.

I met Bobby Mitchell and Jim Brown. Talk about a kid being star struck and in awe. There was no question about being a Browns fan. My father was a huge Paul Brown fan.

The Browns were NFL Royalty. Never would I have believed that we would become a bottom dweller.

It has been painful.

For the first time since the Bernie years I am all over what we have in place.

I see the beginning of a long run. And I see a title at some point in the near future.

It has been a long hard road but I am grateful for where we are.

Legend
Legend
I hope you're right bone ... we deserve a long run of fun/success

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

The pieces fell into place.

Dorsey was the key hire. He began to accumulate talent.

Baker was the start. You have to have that position locked down.

When you look at the core talent at key positions. Then the age of those players.

That is why the future is bright and a long run is our future.

Dorsey will continue to add talent and manage the cap.

We are in very capable hands. And that is why I am very confident about the future.

Legend
Legend
You'd think keeping the ball rolling is way easier than getting it started, but let's hope we can maintain a good balance of cap management and talent acquisition

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Are we, dare I say it, American's (new) Team?

Link Copied to Clipboard