Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
There was another school shooting in Colorado, it speaks volumes that this kind of news isn't even considered thread-worthy any more.. One kid died, heroically trying to diffuse the situation...

Colorado Shooting

A state representative in PA verbally attacked a woman praying silently outside of a Planned Parenthood, mocking her race, her faith, etc.. And he was so proud of his verbal assault that he filmed it himself and posted it online...

PA Rep Attacks Woman

The newest royal baby was born and the media is losing it's mind since Meghan Markle is mixed race wondering stupid things like how black the baby will be and if it's going to be "raised black" (whatever that actually means)

LA Times Poll

yebat' Putin
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I did post a thread about the PA rep harassing people in public.

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.ph...ter#Post1621976

Colorado shooters don't fit the narrative.

Quote:
A day after Election Day in 2016, he shared a video from Seth Myers’ “Late Night” show blasting Trump and groused about Christians in another post two years earlier.

“You know what I hate? All these Christians who hate gays, yet in the bible, it says in Deuteronomy 17:12-13, if someone doesn’t do what their priest tells them to do, they are supposed to die,” Erickson wrote in May 2014. “It has plenty of crazy stuff like that. But all they get out of it is ‘ewwwwww gays.’”

Quote:
Authorities believe the two alleged shooters attended STEM. The second suspect is a transgender minor who is transitioning from female to male, sources told the Denver Channel.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/08/colorado-shooting-suspect-shared-anti-trump-post-on-facebook/

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

A state representative in PA verbally attacked a woman praying silently outside of a Planned Parenthood, mocking her race, her faith, etc.. And he was so proud of his verbal assault that he filmed it himself and posted it online...

PA Rep Attacks Woman

First I'd say your conservative rage shows in your slanted description of what he said and did.

Second, while I'm not crazy about his offering money to identify these people or his confrontational approach, he was spot on that they have no moral right to shame women using planned parenthood. That is harassment, plain and simple.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/09/19 10:42 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

PA Rep Attacks Woman

First I'd say your conservative rage shows in your slanted description of what he said and did.

Second, while I'm not crazy about his offering money to identify these people or his confrontational approach, he was spot on that they have no moral right to shame women using planned parenthood. That is harassment, plain and simple.
They have EVERY moral right to protest what they believe. Just because YOU don't believe what they do, doesn't not give you the holier than thou say on what someone else can or cannot believe.

If you have a problem with it comrade, take it up with the constitution.

O
Legend
Legend
O
There was another school shooting in Colorado, it speaks volumes that this kind of news isn't even considered thread-worthy any more.. One kid died, heroically trying to diffuse the situation...

Colorado Shooting

Just saw this earlier this morning on MSNBC. 2nd kid in a week dies trying to protect fellow students and faculty in a school shooting.

I honestly think this is massively newsworthy, for the young heros, for the school shootings that have become normalized, and for the fact that nobody in government on either side is doing a damn thing about these senseless shootings. Those good Christian protestors outside of planned parenthood could focus their shaming efforts on the government that let's kids be killed in school then they wouldn't have to worry about being called out for lack of moral character. [/quote]

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/09/19 10:49 AM.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
pRoTeStInG iS hArAsMeNt

While harassment and doxing is "Confrontational approach".

Unbelievable.

Last edited by BpG; 05/09/19 10:48 AM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: BpG
pRoTeStInG iS hArAsMeNt

Unbelievable.

No. Don't twist facts.

Protesting is not harassment. Approaching and SHAMING the women using planned parenthood is HARASSMENT. And he never said anything about doxing, he said a $100 to anybody who can identify them as they dodged him. The young man gave his name willingly.

Problem with people like you is that you can't see anything beyond your point of view. Those women can protest PP all they want, but harassing the women trying to go in or out is BS and you know it.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Or they could continue to protest what they WANT to protest (freedom and all that jazz) and be the heroes to the children being murdered at the Planned Parenthood locations. Either way, they are doing what they can to protect children.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
pRoTeStInG iS hArAsMeNt

Unbelievable.

No. Don't twist facts.

And he never said anything about doxing, he said a $100 to anybody who can identify them as they dodged him.

These two thoughts together. I mean, well done. Amazing levels of dissonance.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

PA Rep Attacks Woman

They have EVERY moral right to protest what they believe. Just because YOU don't believe what they do, doesn't not give you the holier than thou say on what someone else can or cannot believe.

If you have a problem with it comrade, take it up with the constitution.

Yes they have a right to protest. They have no MORAL right to anything. They certainly have no right to SHAME women using Planned Parenthood. If you think they have a Moral right to Shame people, you're worse than any liberal ever.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/09/19 10:56 AM.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It is absolutely, 100%, unequivocally within their rights to do this. You not liking it doesn't make it not a right.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
Or they could continue to protest what they WANT to protest (freedom and all that jazz) and be the heroes to the children being murdered at the Planned Parenthood locations. Either way, they are doing what they can to protect children.

Protest, picket, carry signs all they want. I'm cool with that and it's their right.

SHAMING <-KEYWORD

SHAMING women trying to use Planned Parenthoods LEGAL services because Jesus/God/Personal beliefs IS NOT A RIGHT. Let that sink in... I know it won't but at least try to understand.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Show me where the constitution says shaming is not a right.

O
Legend
Legend
O
It is absolutely, 100%, unequivocally within their rights to do this. You not liking it doesn't make it not a right.

So if I show up where you live or work and harass you for doing things i don't like, that's my right? Not protest, HARASS! I know the concept of protesting without harassing is foreign to you GOPers but that's the difference between legal and illegal in this case. The services being provided by planned parenthood are 100% LEGAL.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
As long as you're not on private property you could absolutely stand outside with a sign that says BPG sucks.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Show me where the constitution says shaming is not a right.

Unbelievable.

O
Legend
Legend
O
As long as you're not on private property you could absolutely stand outside with a sign that says BPG sucks.

So yelling at you and calling you jacked up names or saying you'll burn in hell getting in your way when you try to enter or leave, approaching you in intimidating ways... You'd be good with that? I think not and you're a damn liar if you say you would be.

O
Legend
Legend
O

The newest royal baby was born and the media is losing it's mind since Meghan Markle is mixed race wondering stupid things like how black the baby will be and if it's going to be "raised black" (whatever that actually means)

LA Times Poll

Yeah this is news but who really cares.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

Protest, picket, carry signs all they want. I'm cool with that and it's their right.

SHAMING <-KEYWORD

SHAMING women trying to use Planned Parenthoods LEGAL services because Jesus/God/Personal beliefs IS NOT A RIGHT. Let that sink in... I know it won't but at least try to understand.

Are you serious? You attempt to shame conservatives in darn near every post you create.

Legend
Legend
conservatives response to every shooting:

"eh, what about the stock market"

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So yelling at you and calling you jacked up names or saying you'll burn in hell getting in your way when you try to enter or leave, approaching you in intimidating ways... You'd be good with that? I think not and you're a damn liar if you say you would be.

Good with it? No

Legal and within your rights yes.

OCD I know you want to limit speech on everything you don't like, but this is the law in this country.

"A Damn liar"? Are you trying to shame me?

O
Legend
Legend
O

SHAMING <-KEYWORD

Are you serious? You attempt to shame conservatives in darn near every post you create.

Bro, bulletin board posts about political views in a political forum are hardly harassment to either side. AND in no way compare to to physical or emotional harassment of women trying to use a legal service. Would you be pissed if your wife or daughter was harassed by Atheist as they went to or left church? Or how about dumbasses that don't believe women should work outside the home harassing them on the job, in school,and such? Yep, you would stand up for those guys rights huh? Somehow I think you are displaying double standards based on your 'Christian values'... values that many others do not share and do not want pushed on them.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/09/19 11:16 AM.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Again, they can't protest on private property so your examples don't compare.

Just because I don't like it, does not make it NOT a right. Why is this so difficult?

I am pro choice and I also think it's a huge dick move to protest this stuff, but you are talking our of your ass saying this is not a right.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I would absolutely be pissed...but there is a difference between a right and BEING right. You want to control peoples' rights when you think what they are doing is not "right". That's not how it works...in spite of the continued attempts by the left.

I'm against abortion. I do not protest against abortion. If given the chance, I'd vote against abortion. Abortion is legal and the depth of it as a "choice" is growing. I don't like people harassing others for exercising their rights...on either side of the issue.

Legend
Legend
isn't it sad that school shootings have become so common place that that get ignored...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Swish
conservatives response to every shooting:

"eh, what about the stock market"

Ridiculous. Here's a better one on topic:

liberals response to every aborted life:

"eh, what about the Russia collusion"

O
Legend
Legend
O

Just because I don't like it, does not make it NOT a right. Why is this so difficult?

I am pro choice and I also think it's a huge dick move to protest this stuff, but you are talking our of your ass saying this is not a right.

You have no right to publicly SHAME or intimidate people based on religious beliefs. That is harassment and it's illegal, it's not protesting.

Now if they were just passing out fliers with their views and not trying to shame women using a legal service then it would be all good.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/09/19 11:36 AM.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
isn't it sad that school shootings have become so common place that that get ignored...

I do not believe or feel that it gets ignored. I DO believe that it gets politicized and then loses the ability to be discussed.

It's already illegal to kill people. People get killed by more things than just guns. Making it illegal to get a gun isn't going to stop someone from getting one...it'd become just another law to break and would violate the rights of responsible gun owners.

Guns don't shoot themselves. The real issue is WHY would someone do such a thing. Mental health issues in this country go largely ignored...and the problem has gotten worse on its own over time rather than better. Parenting is a forgotten relic for far too many people. Look at families in a restaurant and how everyone is on the phone. The kids are even wearing headphones. Why are they even out to eat together?

Parenting staples such as to nurture, develop, discipline, respect...where are they? Lost to make sure everyone "feels" good and gets to express themselves. The issue is much, much deeper than the metal used in the crime.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

You have no right to publicly SHAME people based on religious beliefs. That is harassment and it's illegal, it's not protesting.

I don't see shaming anywhere in the legal definition of harassment.

Have them arrested for all I care. Protesting and your views of shaming do not negate their rights to do so. We can agree to disagree.

Legend
Legend
that wasnt better at all. fail.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Of course you wouldn't like it.

Look...you tried to imply that conservatives don't care about children who get killed by a gunman. That implication is only due to a belief that gun control is the answer to school shootings and conservatives are against gun control. You are drawing an independent line (desire-for and effectiveness-of gun control) to connect dots that conservatives don't care about the children. Ridiculous.

At the same time and in this very thread, there is debate about conservatives (presumably) having a fit over the murdering of unborn children. No dots have to be drawn...independent ones or otherwise.

Liberals will stand on the podium at a school shooting memorial and tell us that conservatives hate children and won't protect them...then go back to their offices and vote for legislation that allows a live-born child to be killed or left to die.

One couldn't make up that ridiculously-contrived idea for a movie and make it stick.

Legend
Legend
i dont like it because it was dumb.

the typical conservative response is "thoughts and prayers" and then do absolutely nothing to prevent this from happening. just go about it like whatever.

thats a fact. im not implying anything. im telling you directly what people all around the world sees from american conservatives every single time another school/mass shooting happens.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

So?

Quote:

The guy was a total douche bag and a typical political hypocrite who did, exactly the thing he claims to hate... I've watched more times that I can count as you justify your own hypocritical stances on such things so I have no delusion that you are going to agree with me. There is ZERO defense for what he did.. ZERO.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Some Republicans call for Speaker Casada to resign amid sext scandal involving his office

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/po...ion/1142254001/

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Nine-year-old boy charged with murder after mother shot dead

https://news.yahoo.com/nine-old-boy-charged-murder-074453202.html

- Theodore Roosevelt
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
i dont like it because it was dumb.

the typical conservative response is "thoughts and prayers" and then do absolutely nothing to prevent this from happening. just go about it like whatever.

thats a fact. im not implying anything. im telling you directly what people all around the world sees from american conservatives every single time another school/mass shooting happens.

Dumb? Typical liberal response. Zero depth...zero.

What do you want conservatives to do? What do liberals do other than to try and take away the rights of law abiding gun owners? Talk about dumb.

I couldn't care less what other people around the world think of USA conservatives. If they are tying gun control to conservatives as some sort of "blame" for the shootings, they are just as clueless as are some Americans about USA conservatives. My Mom could tell you a lot about what happens when the government starts taking up the gun control mantra. Something that really happened even...not some other-country stretch that blames conservatives for what caused some mentally-ill person to kill another.

Legend
Legend
Atleast liberals have a plan to do something. It’s better than the typical “no” we get from people like you, while offering no solutions of your own.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Just exactly how Black will that there baby be?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Nine-year-old boy charged with murder after mother shot dead

https://news.yahoo.com/nine-old-boy-charged-murder-074453202.html

That's tragic, sounds like that boy had real sociopath issues.. they must be pretty clear that this was premeditated and planned to charge a 9 year old like that.

yebat' Putin
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Atleast liberals have a plan to do something. It’s better than the typical “no” we get from people like you, while offering no solutions of your own.

C'mon bro, be fair, they have a plan. Under their plan, Dirty Harry the history teacher would have come balling out of his office packing heat, John McClane would have tucked and rolled out of the chemistry lab and come up shooting, and Annie Oakley would have sprung from the nurses station locked and loaded. A good old fashioned shootout could have occurred.. Problem solved.

yebat' Putin
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Meanwhile, in other news....

Link Copied to Clipboard