Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

Kentucky teen who sued over school ban for refusing chickenpox vaccination now has chickenpox

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ken...S17X2wrrsBJZZ_Q

As a centrist, I ask this question from a logic-only perspective. If they have a problem with the vaccine because it was developed from two fetuses 60+ years ago, don't they have other things they can't use because they were developed or tested on animals or humans? Heck, shouldn't they also have a problem living in the US because we dropped the bomb on Japan twice, killing thousands of civilians?

Here's a little secret for you. We killed far more Japanese by firebombing Tokyo than those two nukes. We would have killed far more on both sides if we had invaded.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: KyDawg
Originally Posted By: FATE
j/c

Kentucky teen who sued over school ban for refusing chickenpox vaccination now has chickenpox

Classic! rofl

I want to hear how you rationalize laughing at someone who got sick after suing to not get a vaccine, because it's not cool to laugh at players getting injured. In my book you don't laugh at someone's misfortune, even if they brought it on themselves.

Then don't include me in your book. No need to rationalize anything. I've never looked at chickenpox as a "misfortune", but you can frame it however you wish. That said, yeah, not a good look on my part but tbh I'm laughing at the irony, not the fact that someone got sick.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
j/c

As a centrist, I ask this question from a logic-only perspective. If they have a problem with the vaccine because it was developed from two fetuses 60+ years ago, don't they have other things they can't use because they were developed or tested on animals or humans? Heck, shouldn't they also have a problem living in the US because we dropped the bomb on Japan twice, killing thousands of civilians?

Here's a little secret for you. We killed far more Japanese by firebombing Tokyo than those two nukes. We would have killed far more on both sides if we had invaded.

Yeah, I watch a lot of those documentaries. The "WW2 in color" on Netflix is crazy awesome. I think it's 12 episodes and each is one hour long. I remember the pilots were saying, about the fire bombing raids, they could see the fire some crazy amount of miles away. Like the glow was so bright you could see it behind the curve of the earth.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I want to hear how you rationalize laughing at someone who got sick after suing to not get a vaccine, because it's not cool to laugh at players getting injured. In my book you don't laugh at someone's misfortune, even if they brought it on themselves.

If a football player made the choice to go out and play with no pads and no helmet while every body else was wearing pads and a helmet I'm going to laugh at him.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What I'm seeing is the CDC manufacturing an outbreak scare, so they can promote an agenda (and probably their budget).

If they (the gov't in general) spent half as much time promoting healthy behavior and getting rid of common things that compromise immune response (manufacturing, agricultural, and pharmacological practices) instead of focusing on obscure diseases that sound scary, we'd all be better off.

I'm not saying vaccines are bad, per se. However, how many vaccines does one need? Should one be vaccinated for everything? How many of you have been vaccinated for Anthrax? I was, still have the scar.

Who makes the measles vaccine? What has their profit margin looked like recently? Any of you played Plague, Inc.?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Quote:

If a football player made the choice to go out and play with no pads and no helmet while every body else was wearing pads and a helmet I'm going to laugh at him.

But then Bobby Boucher lays out the TE and knocks his butt out and you stop laughing and say:

DISKIODO!!

Last edited by PETE314; 05/09/19 12:10 PM.

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
Legend
Legend
rofl

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg
What I'm seeing is the CDC manufacturing an outbreak scare, so they can promote an agenda (and probably their budget).

If they (the gov't in general) spent half as much time promoting healthy behavior and getting rid of common things that compromise immune response (manufacturing, agricultural, and pharmacological practices) instead of focusing on obscure diseases that sound scary, we'd all be better off.

I'm not saying vaccines are bad, per se. However, how many vaccines does one need? Should one be vaccinated for everything? How many of you have been vaccinated for Anthrax? I was, still have the scar.

Who makes the measles vaccine? What has their profit margin looked like recently? Any of you played Plague, Inc.?

Looks like you're on to something.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/lawrence-solomon/merck-whistleblowers_b_5881914.html

I'm grateful for Browns football.
Legend
Legend
Serves you right in my book "Be Careful What You Wish For", I guess. Got what he wanted with lawsuit and results, and also infected. Irony is deafening in this. Karma is always a boomerang.

And if he is upset, he should understand just how angry other infected folks feel who did not want it either. Get vaccinated.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Serves you right in my book "Be Careful What You Wish For", I guess. Got what he wanted with lawsuit and results, and also infected. Irony is deafening in this. Karma is always a boomerang.

And if he is upset, he should understand just how angry other infected folks feel who did not want it either. Get vaccinated.

If you read the article, you'll find he sued to get to go to school so he could catch it and get over it. Ky bans unvaccinated students from attending school if there is a disease outbreak. Who needs the full context of the situation though?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: KyDawg
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg

Looks like you're on to something.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/lawrence-solomon/merck-whistleblowers_b_5881914.html

Maybe Big Vaxx needs to be viewed with the same amount of cynicism and skepticism as Big Pharma?

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Maybe we should go back to the days when Polio and Tuberculosis were common place.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Maybe we should go back to the days when Polio and Tuberculosis were common place.

Better sanitation is the only reason TB isn't common. Unless you know something the CDC doesn't know, because you won't find a vaccine for it on these lists. The last links I shared was a story about Merck being in court because they lied about the efficacy of the MMR vaccine. I wonder how many other diseases have been diminished by regular hand washing and better overall sanitation. I'm not anti vax, I just think all things mandated by government should be under constant scrutiny.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/hcp/imz/child-adolescent.html

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/hcp/imz/adult.html

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Hey man, if you're stupid enough to not be at least a little curious about what's being put in our bodies, that's on you.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Merck Political Contributions Link

Since starting my business degree, I can't help but notice that pretty much everything that happens has some "business" component. Following the money can lead you to see interesting connections.

For example, 28 politicians in Washington own Merck stock. 3/4 Of Merck's (I'm assuming well-compensated) lobbyists used to work in government.

Someone can double-check my math but it looks like Merck is in the top 5% of companies in both political Contributions and money spent on lobbying.

It's interesting.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

Hey man, if you're stupid enough to not be at least a little curious about what's being put in our bodies, that's on you.

After watching measles wiped out in America, what I'm not stupid enough to do is go back and try to re-write history based on some far fetched conspiracy theory.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
After seeing a seemingly normal baby develop into a child with autism, I understand the concern.

I think the legitimate question is at what age should we vaccinate?

Autistic tendencies normally are apparent after a year or so.

We study the benefits of mothers milk on a babies immune system, yet inject them with denatured materials to produce antibodies to fight disease.

What if their immune system is not sufficiently developed?

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yes, very scary stuff, either way.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Measles Cases in 2019. From January 1 to May 3, 2019, 764**

Individual cases of measles have been confirmed in 23 states.

This is an increase of 60 cases from the previous week. This is the greatest number of cases reported in the U.S. since 1994 and since measles was declared eliminated in 2000.

https://www.cdc.gov/measles/cases-outbreaks.html

CDC Update:

There are now 940 cases in 26 States.

60 new cases this week.

Previous record 958 cases in 1994.

Be informed, be aware.

That is all...

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 05/27/19 05:46 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... US measles cases climb as the disease spreads among unvaccinated

Link Copied to Clipboard