Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,322
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,322


At DT, context and meaning are a scarecrow kicking at moving goalposts.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,387
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,387
Is this good beyond a payday? Hope he can bring the Cavs back. Good luck, JB.


"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,493
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,493
Whoa


"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Boston is far to the left as KC settles into the slot. Fannin is flanked out wide to the right. Judkins and Sampson are split in the backfield as the ball is hiked ... Here we go."
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,052
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,052
Like I said on the thread I posted 1st .... (which the refs can just delete rofl)

Umm .......

This is a weird choice. I mean, he's a good college coach, but has he ever even been an NBA assistant?


Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,493
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,493
Nope he hasn't ... he has shown the ability to adapt and succeed at each level, so let's hope that continues


"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Boston is far to the left as KC settles into the slot. Fannin is flanked out wide to the right. Judkins and Sampson are split in the backfield as the ball is hiked ... Here we go."
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882
He might be a great coach, but the lottery in two days will probably influence the future of this franchise more than this coach will ever do. I don't see how the NBA allows the Cavs to win the #1 pick again.


[Linked Image]


“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,248
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,248
I get the feeling this is a "Brad Stevens" pick. Or even along the same lines as the recent NFL coaching hires. Get a successful college coach running innovative things and try to turn him into a pro coach. I just don't know that Beilein is at the same level Stevens was when he was hired out of college.

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 23,847
L
Legend
Offline
Legend
L
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 23,847
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
He might be a great coach, but the lottery in two days will probably influence the future of this franchise more than this coach will ever do. I don't see how the NBA allows the Cavs to win the #1 pick again.


if all things are equal the first 3 as far as odds, and its a true lottery, I dont think us winning it has anything to do with other than good luck


Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
V
Legend
Offline
Legend
V
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
j/c:

I think Beilein is a very good coach. He's well respected. However, I believe he is 66 years old. I also find it odd that he agreed to take the job before the lottery took place.

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 23,847
L
Legend
Offline
Legend
L
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 23,847
I like beilein as a coach, i question why would hire a guy that old for a rebuild


Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Quote:
but the lottery in two days will probably influence the future of this franchise more than this coach will ever do.

Amen brother.


yebat' Putin
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,052
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,052
So .... what if we do win the lottery again ......? wink


Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
So .... what if we do win the lottery again ......? wink

Then we have a chance to get an almost immediate all-star level player, if Sexton can continue to improve and we can make some decent role player moves, we could compete for a playoff spot and have a good young nucleus to build around.....

But I don't think we have to "win" the lottery... the player I want is RJ Barrett anyway... and Zion is almost a no-brainer with the #1, but I think in the long run, Barrett will be better.


yebat' Putin
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 23,847
L
Legend
Offline
Legend
L
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 23,847
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
So .... what if we do win the lottery again ......? wink

Then we have a chance to get an almost immediate all-star level player, if Sexton can continue to improve and we can make some decent role player moves, we could compete for a playoff spot and have a good young nucleus to build around.....

But I don't think we have to "win" the lottery... the player I want is RJ Barrett anyway... and Zion is almost a no-brainer with the #1, but I think in the long run, Barrett will be better.



i like Barrett too, my only hesitation with him is his efficiency and build..I'd like to see him add some bulk


Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Dude won't even be 19 for another month, I have no doubt he will start to add bulk quickly.


yebat' Putin
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 23,847
L
Legend
Offline
Legend
L
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 23,847
other question I'd have with RJ is can he and sexton coexist. Both need the ball alot


Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
other question I'd have with RJ is can he and sexton coexist. Both need the ball alot

It's the NBA, to build a team that can compete, you are going to have to have 3 guys who are used to being THE go-to guy at the HS or college level who had the ball in his hands a lot, especially at crunch time... If you can't handle that then you are limiting your own NBA career.


yebat' Putin
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 23,847
L
Legend
Offline
Legend
L
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 23,847
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
other question I'd have with RJ is can he and sexton coexist. Both need the ball alot

It's the NBA, to build a team that can compete, you are going to have to have 3 guys who are used to being THE go-to guy at the HS or college level who had the ball in his hands a lot, especially at crunch time... If you can't handle that then you are limiting your own NBA career.


thats kind of my point. Sexton was horrible last year when asked to do anything that didn't require him to dominate the ball. A guy like Zion I think would pair better, Hes alot more efficient than RJ. But all in all i'm fine with either


Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882
What’s the lowest the Cavs can pick? Is it 6?


[Linked Image]


“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
V
Legend
Offline
Legend
V
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
j/c:

I don't think the Cavs contend again unless they get another LeBron situation. Not sure how much people follow the NBA, but the superstars are pairing up in twos and threes in desirable locations.

That is one of the reasons I got so upset the last couple of years when most of the Cavs fans did nothing but complain and whine about the team. That was our window and some did their best to make sure it was not enjoyable.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,563
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,563
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
What’s the lowest the Cavs can pick? Is it 6?


I too would like to know this answer...

Last edited by jaybird; 05/13/19 09:41 PM.

<><

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Why did they start game 1 of the semi finals at the same time/day as the draft?

Boooo! Nba needs to plan better.


No Craps Given
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
V
Legend
Offline
Legend
V
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Why did they start game 1 of the semi finals at the same time/day as the draft?

Boooo! Nba needs to plan better.


It's not the draft. It's the lottery. They typically perform the draft lottery positioning at half time of the game. They might do it before or after the game. I'm not sure about that. But, I don't think the NBA draft is until late June.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
All I know is it starts at 830 and the game starts at 9pm.

I want to watch both.


No Craps Given
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 19,265
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 19,265
Quote:
I don't think the Cavs contend again unless they get another LeBron situation. Not sure how much people follow the NBA, but the superstars are pairing up in twos and threes in desirable locations.


I agree about the superstars pairing up, but location may not be all that. If we can get lucky and get Zion, we might be an attractive place for a superstar to sign. Not sure about this HC choice, though.


And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
V
Legend
Offline
Legend
V
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
Yeah, like I said............it's just the drawing of the pills for the lottery. It's not the actual draft. I just looked it up. The actual draft is on June 20th.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,563
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,563
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
All I know is it starts at 830 and the game starts at 9pm.

I want to watch both.


Lottery will be done by 9


<><

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,052
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,052
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
What’s the lowest the Cavs can pick? Is it 6?


Yes, 6 is the lowest the Cavs can pick.


Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Ok Thank You. That makes more sense.


No Craps Given
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 23,847
L
Legend
Offline
Legend
L
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 23,847
anything lower than 3 and the talent really drops off imo


Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,493
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,493
What if we get pick #2 ... do we take Morant?


"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Boston is far to the left as KC settles into the slot. Fannin is flanked out wide to the right. Judkins and Sampson are split in the backfield as the ball is hiked ... Here we go."
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,248
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,248
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
What if we get pick #2 ... do we take Morant?


Yeah, I was thinking of that. We'd pair a good distributor with a good shooter and have two strong guards. However, we'd also have one of the shorter backcourts in the NBA.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882


[Linked Image]


“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,204
C
~
Legend
Offline
~
Legend
C
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,204
It's not a conspiracy! That's why the Knicks will win it tonight.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,870
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,870


You know my love will Not Fade Away.........


#gmSTRONG
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 8,842
1
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
1
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 8,842
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
It's not a conspiracy! That's why the Knicks will win it tonight.


Wouldn't shock me. I figure the league would love that franchise to be relevant.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
It's not a conspiracy! That's why the Knicks will win it tonight.


Wouldn't shock me. I figure the league would love that franchise to be relevant.


If either of the top 3 teams get the pick, won't everyone scream conspiracy? Cavs, it's their 4th or 5th time in the last 20 years. Knicks, too obvious to put the biggest star in the biggest city. Suns, they just had it last year.

Heck, no matter which team gets the pick, it's a twitter explosion.


[Linked Image]


“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 8,842
1
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
1
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 8,842
I'd rather we be at the center of it!

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
V
Legend
Offline
Legend
V
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
j/c:

It's hard to scream "conspiracy" when the Cavs have won the lottery as often as they have.

I am not as thrilled about the top of this draft as some others. I think Zion and Morant are the only premier players. I have some questions about the other guys who are ranked really high.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,204
C
~
Legend
Offline
~
Legend
C
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,204
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. wink

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cleveland Cavaliers Sign John Beilein to be Next Coach

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5