Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
Just imagine the Media and these boards if a Conservative Republican was saying the same thing about, well,

ANYBODY

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg

Same excuse they use every time one of their own is caught doing something stupid... well, they aren't Donald Trump.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Fox News, nothing to see here.

#GMSTRONG
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Just imagine the Media and these boards if a Conservative Republican was saying the same thing about, well,

ANYBODY

You mean like David Duke or Matt Gaetz or Louie Gohmert or Paul Gosar? or Kevin McCarthy or Steve Scalise or Steve King or Fredy Burgos? And these are just the anti-semites. Bring in other minorities and I think I'd crash the server with Conservative Republican examples.

O
Legend
Legend
O

ANYBODY

Yeah I can't imagine Trump being cool with any anti semite...

Trump welcomes Hungary's far-right nationalist prime minister after past presidents shunned him

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/13/politics/trump-hungary-viktor-orban/index.html

Oh, and there were 'good people' on both sides in Charlottesville.

So I don't like the crap Talib says, but I'll be damned if you get to cast stones at dems from inside your glass house.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/14/19 03:13 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:

That Jewish son-in-law he has as an unpaid adviser, father of his grand kids, but yeah, Trumps cool with anti-antisemitism willynilly

Legend
Legend
Quote:
So I don't like the crap Talib says, but I'll be damned if you get to cast stones at dems from inside your glass house.

You literally do that exact thing, every single day.

yebat' Putin
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
So with all these wattabouts that you are accepting the anti semetic left....ok

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Trump welcomes Hungary's far-right nationalist prime minister after past presidents shunned him

Didn't Obama meet with and negotiate with the President of Iran? Where they execute gay people and stone women to death for showing their ankles in public?

Does that mean Obama is cool with that? .. or maybe there was another reason.........

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:

You literally do that exact thing, every single day.

My house is reinforced shatter proof hurricane glass... wink

O
Legend
Legend
O
Quote:

Didn't Obama meet with and negotiate with the President of Iran? Where they execute gay people and stone women to death for showing their ankles in public?

Does that mean Obama is cool with that? .. or maybe there was another reason.........

I didn't hear Obama congratulate him for doing such a good job or being such a great man! Maybe you should check the facts before making stupid comparisons.

Just like Trump wants to be friends with Putin, loves Kim, and thinks Duterte is doing a good job in the drug war... smh.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/14/19 02:39 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P

Well Obama didn't suck his...... ego like this....

"Viktor Orbán has done a tremendous job in so many different ways," Trump said before a private meeting with him in the Oval Office. "Probably, like me, a little bit controversial, but that's okay ... You've done a good job and you've kept your country safe."

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
My house is reinforced shatter proof hurricane glass... wink

Just one good finger pull, and it's unlivable.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: Riley01

Clearly reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. I never said or implied I'm ok with it. I very clearly just responded with examples on the right as well. Nice try

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: clwb419

ANYBODY

You mean like David Duke or Matt Gaetz or Louie Gohmert or Paul Gosar? or Kevin McCarthy or Steve Scalise or Steve King or Fredy Burgos? And these are just the anti-semites. Bring in other minorities and I think I'd crash the server with Conservative Republican examples.

Post them. Direct quotes, not spin.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

Holy Hell Republicans are so stupid.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Going to admit my knowledge of the region is not deep. But my understanding is the Palestinians have always been there - and Israel was created after WWII, carved out by the Ally forces that conquered Germany .... From what little I know the guy on the left of screen is either dead wrong or seriously manipulating "Facts" .... happy for someone to educate me.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Riley01

Clearly reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. I never said or implied I'm ok with it. I very clearly just responded with examples on the right as well. Nice try

Some of us accept that the right has its bigots, racists, and haters... they are there and there is no denying it..

But for a long time, democrats have stood on their soapbox and lectured the world on how the right needs to hold them accountable, distance yourself from them, don't give them a voice in your party, etc... (all of which, by the way, I completely agree with).. And in most cases, the right has handled it horribly...

Well, I'm watching the left, to see if they confront, hold accountable, and distance themselves from some of the rising stars within their own party and some of their more vocal supports... or will they 'splain it away, resort to saying reps are worse, etc...

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm just wondering exactly what it is she said that was so anti semeitic.

I mean I support the Jewish people and the right they have to worship as they please. But I strongly dislike Netanyahu and his policies.

I mean every foreigner that dislikes Trump isn't anti American.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Going to admit my knowledge of the region is not deep. But my understanding is the Palestinians have always been there - and Israel was created after WWII, carved out by the Ally forces that conquered Germany .... From what little I know the guy on the left of screen is either dead wrong or seriously manipulating "Facts" .... happy for someone to educate me.

He's seriously misconstruing the facts. In the early 1920's British enacted the Palestine mandate, which created Palestine as a sovereign entity, after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire. The Ottoman Empire recognized Palestine as a state within the Empire. There's been no "King" in Palestine because they've had Presidents from the 1920's to today.

Legend
Legend
Very surprised that no one has mentioned the Allies picked the land that is Israel after World War 2 where the Arabs supported the Nazi's.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
And what have they said that's antisemitic? I would like to see one quote.

"There’s always kind of a calming feeling, I tell folks, when I think of the Holocaust, and the tragedy of the Holocaust, and the fact that it was my ancestors — Palestinians — who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence in many ways, have been wiped out, and some people's passports. And, just all of it was in the name of trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post-the Holocaust, post-the tragedy and the horrific persecution of Jews across the world at that time."

It's been a minute since I've seen what anti-semitism talking points are, but I don't think anti-semites consider the Holocaust to be a "tragedy" nor do they support "trying to create a safe haven for Jews". I could be wrong, though. Do you know?

What I do see is that many on the Right attack Muslims because they criticize Israel's policies. To conflate being Jewish with Israel is antisemitic imo.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

"There’s always kind of a calming feeling, I tell folks, when I think of the Holocaust, and the tragedy of the Holocaust, and the fact that it was my ancestors — Palestinians — who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence in many ways, have been wiped out, and some people's passports. And, just all of it was in the name of trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post-the Holocaust, post-the tragedy and the horrific persecution of Jews across the world at that time."

It's been a minute since I've seen what anti-semitism talking points are, but I don't think anti-semites consider the Holocaust to be a "tragedy" nor do they support "trying to create a safe haven for Jews". I could be wrong, though. Do you know?

What I do see is that many on the Right attack Muslims because they criticize Israel's policies. To conflate being Jewish with Israel is antisemitic imo.

I can understand how "there's a calming feeling when I think of the holocaust" has an unsettling vibe to it even when you listen to the whole quote. Somehow it feels like a manufactured sort of sentiment with the qualifying part that comes after. . . . certainly I think that if Trump had said that the left would be all over him and the statement.....

I don't think of myself as anti-Semitic ... But I am not pro Israel no matter what. Like many that grew up in the UK - I think Israeli retaliation and retribution against innocents in Palestine and Gaza far far outweighs the attacks and suffered by Israel. I think they need to be held to the same standards as the rest of the world when it comes to peace and hostile actions vs their neighbors... and I do not believe that happens.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

What if a republican were to say, "There's always kind of a calming feeling, I tell folks, when I think of Wounded Knee", or "the killing fields of Cambodia", or "the assassination of Martin Luther King". I don't care what the statement was followed with or the context in which it was said... you would not be so dismissive.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: jfanent

What if a republican were to say, "There's always kind of a calming feeling, I tell folks, when I think of Wounded Knee", or "the killing fields of Cambodia", or "the assassination of Martin Luther King". I don't care what the statement was followed with or the context in which it was said... you would not be so dismissive.

It'd be as dumb as this analogy. Wounded Knee, Cambodian Genocide, nor MLK's assassination led to any positive changes for any of the communities effected by those outcomes. Your analogy would make sense if she said, "Whenever I think of the Mein Kampf being published, I get a calming feeling." There's a gigantic difference. But hey, if the Assassination of MLK got rid of structural and personal racism, then I would give any Republican a pass in saying such a thing. Obviously the FBI assassinating MLK brings nothing but hate to my mind, but if it fixed racism in America, then yeah, that would calm me down a bit. But this is real life, the assassination of MLK did not fix racism. Wounded Knee did not give American Indians their own land to rule as they see fit. They are acts that continued genocide, they are not acts that ended it.

Also, spare me. People of faith, are always justifying the most horrific things because there might be positive outcome down the line. That's the only way they can justify that a benevolent supreme deity would allow such evil in the world. Just look at the rhetoric around the Alabama abortions. "No abortions, even if the baby was conceived during a rape." Why? Because God has a plan for that child. It's pure idiocy, but I do give people of faith a pass, even though I think one has to be brain dead to think that the Torah, Bible, Qua'ran is anything other than a bunch of codified laws and stories from a group of people who never practiced proper hygiene.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I think she put her foot in her mouth. I don't think she's being antisemitic. Also, Trump has said far nastier things about Jews buying elections in the US, and no one bats an eye. Who even care what Trump says at this point? He just says so much outlandish stuff that no one cares any more. Certainly Republicans don't.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

It'd be as dumb as this analogy. Wounded Knee, Cambodian Genocide, nor MLK's assassination led to any positive changes for any of the communities effected by those outcomes. Your analogy would make sense if she said, "Whenever I think of the Mein Kampf being published, I get a calming feeling." There's a gigantic difference. But hey, if the Assassination of MLK got rid of structural and personal racism, then I would give any Republican a pass in saying such a thing. Obviously the FBI assassinating MLK brings nothing but hate to my mind, but if it fixed racism in America, then yeah, that would calm me down a bit. But this is real life, the assassination of MLK did not fix racism. Wounded Knee did not give American Indians their own land to rule as they see fit. They are acts that continued genocide, they are not acts that ended it.

Also, spare me. People of faith, are always justifying the most horrific things because there might be positive outcome down the line. That's the only way they can justify that a benevolent supreme deity would allow such evil in the world. Just look at the rhetoric around the Alabama abortions. "No abortions, even if the baby was conceived during a rape." Why? Because God has a plan for that child. It's pure idiocy, but I do give people of faith a pass, even though I think one has to be brain dead to think that the Torah, Bible, Qua'ran is anything other than a bunch of codified laws and stories from a group of people who never practiced proper hygiene.

Are you OK? You're all over the place with that post.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Yeah. I did rush it to get into the shower, but I thought my points were pretty clear. People use faith to rationalize horrifying things. I get that the example was out of left field, but I thought it was pretty topical, although not exactly relevant.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Israel has been there since Abraham. That region has been the homeland of the Jewish people from the beginning of recorded time. Yes, they have been removed from those lands and conquered several times, but they keep retuning. Even with them being removed, there has always been a Jewish presence in the Israel/Jerusalem area. The earliest archeological finds are Jewish. It's always been their land.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't care what the statement was followed with or the context in which it was said... you would not be so dismissive.

Why even bother with the language if we don't evaluate a statement as a WHOLE statement in it's entirety or more importantly take context into consideration? We might as well grunt at each other if anytime certain words cross our tongues the opposition is going to have an overly emotional gotcha moment.

She could have said this more tactfully but she said nothing offensive in this statement. But I can definitely see how the gasp of the pearl clutching right drowned out the entire statement and it's context when Fox put it's dividing spin on it for y'all.

The have been other statements made by her and others that I thought were out of line, but this is not one of them. I'm not a fan of hers nor am I making excuses, I'm simply reading what she said and see nothing wrong.

Nothing here, move on.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell

Israel has been there since Abraham. That region has been the homeland of the Jewish people from the beginning of recorded time. Yes, they have been removed from those lands and conquered several times, but they keep retuning. Even with them being removed, there has always been a Jewish presence in the Israel/Jerusalem area. The earliest archeological finds are Jewish. It's always been their land.

Wrong. The Jews were conquered multiple times and enslaved, relocate, nomadic... The earliest archaeological finds were in caves in that part of the world and I've never heard of a Jewish caveman, have you?

Yes the Jews were present there in Biblical times if you believe the Bible, which on this topic there is no reason not to believe it; but that hardly equates to the beginning of time or 'always'. Additionally, once conquered they had no legitimate claims to the land and the Jews there today or that resettled there at the creation of Israel were from all over the world integrated into other societies. What 'right' did they have to that land prior to the creation of modern Israel? None.

So let's not act like either side is any more or less entitled to live there based on history. The Palestinians got hosed as the current occupants when the rest of the world agreed to give the Jews a country of their own. That's just the plain TRUTH.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C

ANYBODY

Post them. Direct quotes, not spin.

I'll skip David Duke assuming you're well aware of it. The rest there are plenty of articles on them, here's the first link of each in a quick search

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/arch...umbest-year-yet

https://splinternews.com/heres-a-republican-congressman-being-very-very-anti-se-1830910178

https://www.newsweek.com/congressman-ant...ge-soros-679737

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.premium...tweet-1.6936281

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...m=.6ec12474630b

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/15/us/politics/steve-king-offensive-quotes.html

https://bearingdrift.com/2018/02/11/gops-burgos-suggests-jews-shouldnt-run-office/

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Why even bother with the language if we don't evaluate a statement as a WHOLE statement in it's entirety or more importantly take context into consideration? We might as well grunt at each other if anytime certain words cross our tongues the opposition is going to have an overly emotional gotcha moment.

Welcome to the current state of US media/politics. It's all about hate and gotcha moments. Common sense and context be damned. Don't try and tell me you wouldn't have been all over any republican if they would have made a statement like that. Hence my post.

Quote:
But I can definitely see how the gasp of the pearl clutching right drowned out the entire statement and it's context when Fox put it's dividing spin on it for y'all.

Yeah, this is a phenomenon unique to the right. rolleyes

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Quote:

Welcome to the current state of US media/politics. It's all about hate and gotcha moments. Common sense and context be damned. Don't try and tell me you wouldn't have been all over any republican if they would have made a statement like that. Hence my post.

Quote:
But I can definitely see how the gasp of the pearl clutching right drowned out the entire statement and it's context when Fox put it's dividing spin on it for y'all.

Yeah, this is a phenomenon unique to the right. rolleyes

At least your eyes are open, even if they are rolling back in your head.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Wrong. The Jews were conquered multiple times and enslaved, relocate, nomadic... The earliest archaeological finds were in caves in that part of the world and I've never heard of a Jewish caveman, have you?

Yes the Jews were present there in Biblical times if you believe the Bible, which on this topic there is no reason not to believe it; but that hardly equates to the beginning of time or 'always'. Additionally, once conquered they had no legitimate claims to the land and the Jews there today or that resettled there at the creation of Israel were from all over the world integrated into other societies. What 'right' did they have to that land prior to the creation of modern Israel? None.

So let's not act like either side is any more or less entitled to live there based on history. The Palestinians got hosed as the current occupants when the rest of the world agreed to give the Jews a country of their own. That's just the plain TRUTH.

Once again, reading comprehension is vital. I said the Jews have been there since the beginning of recorded time. The dome of the rock was built over the site supposedly where Abraham was to sacrifice his son, Jacob dreamt of the ladder, and mohammed ascended to heaven. The Jews have always returned to their ancestral homeland no matter how far they have been scattered.

Since their return after the Assyrians, there has been a Jewish presence in Israel. They were there through the Romans, the muslim occupation, the crusades, WWI, WWII, and to this day. After WWII, a great many European Jews decided to their ancestral homeland, and in 1948 the UN accepted their charter. They were not sent there.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Recorded Greek history*

M
Legend
Legend
M

By that definition, the Native American Indians own the USA? No?

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Reading comprehension....you defended your anti semetic libs in congress with WATTABOUTS to deflect the truth of the real racist and anti semites which means to me that your cool with it IMHO, Oh and by the way Jerusalem is still the Capitol of Israel cause I seem to recall how crazy you guys went with that situation.

COMPRENDE !!!

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus More Jewish Hate from Democrats

Link Copied to Clipboard