Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dave
There's some talk that they'll send Clint Frazier back to AAA because there won't be any at bats available for him, and he has 11 homers. There's also some talk (by sports writers) that Frazier coming back to C-town could be part of a deal sending Trevor Bauer to the Yankees.
I don't like losing Bauer, but I would like that trade. I've liked Frazier since the Indians drafted him.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
Can we play Detroit the rest of the way out?

Tribe up 7-0 in the 7th.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Uh OH...

Tigers bring in their closer.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
There's some talk that they'll send Clint Frazier back to AAA because there won't be any at bats available for him, and he has 11 homers. There's also some talk (by sports writers) that Frazier coming back to C-town could be part of a deal sending Trevor Bauer to the Yankees.
I don't like losing Bauer, but I would like that trade. I've liked Frazier since the Indians drafted him.

I like Frazier too, but I'd need to get considerably more from NY to deal Bauer. Despite his record this year, I really think he's one of top arms in the game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
agreed

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

It's going to be difficult for the Indians to not call up Bobby Bradley at some point....

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
When Clevinger went down in early April with a "right upper back/Teres major muscle strain" and was put on the 60-day DL, I thought that was the end of his career as an effective starting pitcher. (capable of say... pitching 200 innings/year with an ERA of 4.20 or less.)

I'm still not convinced otherwise. I can't help think that the injury was from him bearing down hard (he was at full tilt before the injury). I'm not sure he'll ever do that again without reinjuring his back.

Hope I'm wrong.

Phase I tonight against a tough Rangers team.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
He should have tattoo'ed pictures of rosin, pine-tar, and vaseline on his arm.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Looks like Clevinger is crazy enough to pitch as hard as he can without giving reinjury a second's thought.

That's half the battle (to his successful return).

The other half is if that back muscle is magically better than it was when it tore.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

It's going to be difficult for the Indians to not call up Bobby Bradley at some point....

#gmSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Some great news.

Vegas has faith in Clevinger.

Tribe favored in this first game -120.

That is really good objective news. I'm surprised. I would have taken the Rangers at home.

It doesn't mean the Tribe will win. It means "the people who know" think Clevinger is ready.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Wasn't that rolled ankle in the second inning funny?

Legend
Legend
Indians started Plezac, and Lindor has gone 0-5 tonight.

Bottom of the 7th, and it's 10-0 Indians. rofl

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Will Benson had been raking. A good sign. Freeman is a hitter.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
j/c...

Will Benson had been raking. A good sign. Freeman is a hitter.

Just took a look at Benson's and Freeman's minor league stats.

Benson - a lot of homers, stolen bases & strike-outs

Freeman - few homers, stolen bases & strike-outs. Rather, high batting average.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Nice start to third away game @ Globe Life Park against Rangers.

This is a big series. And the Tribe is hangin' tough.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Current temperature at game:

Predicted to be hotter tomorrow for afternoon game.

Summer's here in Texas.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Indians playing some good ball lately, win again tonight,
Twins lose, lead cut to 9 games

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Nice to see even more of their young pitching coming through. Both Plutko and Plesac have been really nice emergency plugs, and Jefrey Rodriguez also did a decent job until he got hurt. just amazing that they have managed to hold their rotation together through major injuries.

They also have youngsters Mercado and Luplow who are looking like players.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Following is an excerpt from Paul Hoynes' "Indians Insider" column in today's Plain Dealer:

Salazar update: The Indians are optimistic that Danny Salazar, who hasn't pitched in the big leagues since 2017, could go on a rehab assignment within the next two weeks.

Salazar has been cloistered in Goodyear, Arizona, for almost 1½ years rehabbing a sore right shoulder that required surgery last year. It sounds like he's finally making real progress.

The Indians still don't know if he's going to start or relieve. They've prepared two rehab programs — one as a starter, one as a reliever.

Salazar has been a starter his whole career and does not particularly care for pitching out of the bullpen. The debate is an old one with Salazar. Is his fragile right arm and elbow more equipped to handle the certainty of the rotation or shorter, but more unpredictable, appearances out of the bullpen?

Stay tuned.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
So, two cities that can't fill up ugly stadiums?

D
Legend
Legend
D
If you want a two-city solution, wouldn't Orlando make more sense, and then just change the name to "Florida Devil Rays"? Or just go ahead and make a move to Charlotte, San Antonio, Portland, or Vegas? Trying to split it between two bad baseball markets sounds really stupid to me.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
How strange.

Hey, it makes a little sense from a weather point of view.

At least a season opener in Tampa wouldn't get snowed out.

Unless, Tampa was hosting Cleveland.

Legend
Legend
If you want a two-city solution, wouldn't Orlando make more sense, and then just change the name to "Florida Devil Rays"? Or just go ahead and make a move to Charlotte, San Antonio, Portland, or Vegas? Trying to split it between two bad baseball markets sounds really stupid to me.

To add to that, if you combine Miami and Tampa Bays home attendance this year, it would still be 19th in MLB...

Move one of the teams out to one of the cities that might support it, move the other one to a more central location like Orlando, and call them Florida...

yebat' Putin
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Oh my god.

I just noticed.

This Friday is………………

I wonder if security will be keeping an eye out for Joey Chestnut trying to sneak in. He most certainly is in training for the Nathan's July 4th Hot Dog contest and could bankrupt Sugerdale in minutes.

If you see this guy in the stadium Friday night, call your broker and sell your SUGARDALE Hotdog stock. Quick.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Ever had one of those years?

Legend
Legend
Ever had one of those years?

I hear they are going to have to call up GM if this stuff continues.crazy

D
Legend
Legend
D
Rumor is that its Bobby Bradley time. After the half-assed effort by Leonys Martin today in the outfield, I wouldn't be surprised if he was DFA'd pretty soon, so they'll have room for an additional starting pitcher to replace Clev's next turn in the rotation.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Francisco Lindor and Leonys Martin get into heated discussion in Cleveland Indians dugout

On Thursday, Cleveland Indians shortstop Francisco Lindor got into a heated discussion with Leonys Martin after the center fielder misplayed a ball.

Ben Axelrod
WKYC TV

June 20, 2019

It's been a rough season thus far for Leonys Martin.

On Thursday, it got a little rougher.

Backpedaling to the wall at Globe Life Park in Arlington in Thursday's matinee between the Cleveland Indians and Texas Rangers, Martin misplayed a ball hit by Elvis Andrus that ultimately resulted in an RBI triple. Indians shortstop Francisco Lindor apparently wasn't thrilled with Martin's effort on the play, as the two proceeded to get into a heated discussion in the team's dugout, with third baseman Jose Ramirez ultimately separating the two.

In the top of the eighth inning, the Rangers lead the Indians by a score of 2-1.

Acquired from the Detroit Tigers last season, Martin played in just six games with Cleveland in 2018 before a suffering from -- and ultimately overcoming -- a life-threatening bacterial infection that would cost him the remainder of the year. In his first full season as the Indians' starting centerfielder, the 31-year-old left-hander has hit for a meager .202 batting average with 9 home runs and 19 RBIs.

His defense -- previously thought to be a strength -- has also suffered, as he has amassed a defensive WAR (wins above replacement) of just 0.2.

Between the Indians' struggling offense, Bobby Bradley's surge in Triple-A Columbus and Oscar Mercado's ability to shift to centerfield, some have already begun to speculate that Martin's days in Cleveland could be numbered. Poised to become a free agent at season's end, Cleveland wouldn't owe Martin any guaranteed money beyond this season should the team designate him for assignment between now and then.

Whether or not the Indians will or won't do that will likely be determined in the weeks to come. But Thursday's showing likely didn't help his case.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/mlb/...3f-402bde1734f1

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
I love those Tribe 2-0 first innings.

Legend
Legend
Nice win for the Tribe! Wild final 2 innings. laugh

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Hell of a catch and throw by Naquin to end the game.

Nice comeback after Bauer didn't have it again tonight.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
How does that play by Naquin not make the ESPN top 10? BS to me!

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Hell of a catch and throw by Naquin to end the game.

Nice comeback after Bauer didn't have it again tonight.

Wait a minute. Bauer is the current "AL Player of the Week".

It's not like he's burnt toast.

Hey, young Aaron Civale was just called up from Columbus and starts this afternoon for the Tribe. He was born just down the road in East Windsor, Connecticut.

(anywhere in Connecticut is "just down the road" - if the whole state was a flat paved parking lot, you could skip a super ball across it)

(cool toy when I was a boy)
Francona's a genius.

Legend
Legend
To no one's surprise, the Tribe releases Martin.

Cleveland Indians release struggling OF Leonys Martin, promote RHP Aaron Civale - cleveland.com
https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2019/06/...ron-civale.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Struggling outfielder Leonys Martin has been designated for assignment by the Cleveland Indians. The club promoted right-handed pitcher Aaron Civale to take Martin’s spot on the 25-man roster and start Saturday’s game against Detroit at Progressive Field.

Cleveland has seven days to waive, trade, release or outright Martin to the minors. The move could clear the way for the Indians to promote power-hitting prospect Bobby Bradley from Triple-A Columbus after Civale makes his major-league debut in a spot start.

Martin hit .199 in 65 games this season, striking out 78 times in 236 plate appearances. He slugged .343 with a .619 OPS and hit nine home runs, but struggled to get on base.

Last week in Detroit, Martin pulled off Cleveland’s first straight steal of home since Grady Sizemore in 2005. Following a defensive miscue in center field on Thursday, Martin and shortstop Francisco Lindor had to be separated during an exchange in the Cleveland dugout.

Martin, 31, joined the Indians at the July trade deadline last season from the Tigers in exchange for minor-league shortstop Willi Castro. He played in six games for the Tribe before being sidelined for the remainder of the year with a life-threatening infection.

Martin credited doctors and staff at Cleveland Clinic for helping him recover from the near-fatal episode. In October, Martin agreed to a one-year, $3 million contract with the Indians.

Bradley, meanwhile, has been on fire for the Clippers in the last two weeks. The 23-year-old left-handed hitting first baseman has three multi-homer games in the last week and is slugging .508 with a .851 OPS.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cleveland Indians 2019 season part 2 (starting June 9th)

Link Copied to Clipboard