Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Legend
Legend
Lol @ trading one of the best in the league bc he doesnt participate in VOLUNTARY camp.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think he missed the memo of how OBJ fought through an injury all season during his "lousy above 1000 yard receiving season".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I think he missed the memo of how OBJ fought through an injury all season during his "lousy above 1000 yard receiving season".

I won't argue that, but unless he had a brain injury he could have learned the playbook and where to line up. wink

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
F
Rookie
Rookie
F
In my opinion, OBJ was not close to being "one of the best receivers in the league" last year. I did not see many game changing catches. Did you guys? I have no idea how much an injury played into that. It is also my opinion that OBJ missing "voluntary" mini camp hurt the team and his performance big time. He did not seem to be on the same page in many instances last year. It could not have helped.

I hope he comes in and actually plays up to his potential next year. Skipping voluntary camp would not be a good sign for me. More like same old same old. I would also like to see less distractions. I think joker cleats and wrist watches and the lot detracted from the mission of winning last yar. You are free to disagree, but I think this guy did not live up to the hype...him and many others last year.

Everyone on the squad needs to look in the mirror and figure out changes toward team improvement. I would think that starts with the so-called team leaders. If I were Stephanski I would deman this from everyone starting right now, not starting beginning of training camp.

P
Legend
Legend
P
While we may feel that way, certain parts of the events the team undertakes are "voluntary" by contract and not required of the players. While I agree it would be nice if every player participated in such events, their contracts state they don't have to.

OBJ will always be OBJ. There will be some minor distractions. I, much as yourself prefer players be more dedicated and participate in all team events. And from his lack of lining up correctly in many instances it certainly is evident that having participating in those events would have been helpful.

I don't know if the injury was prevalent then or not. Due to that question being up in the air, I'm certainly not going to jump to conclusions as some have decided to do.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H

I do wonder how much of the lining up incorrectly had to do with OBJ not knowing the plays, and Freddie not calling the plays practiced during the week before the game. I do not recall OBJ lining up incorrectly during the first 15 plays of the game. He may have, I just do not recall it happening, though I do know it appeared to happen frequently in the second half of games.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Halfback32

I do wonder how much of the lining up incorrectly had to do with OBJ not knowing the plays, and Freddie not calling the plays practiced during the week before the game. I do not recall OBJ lining up incorrectly during the first 15 plays of the game. He may have, I just do not recall it happening, though I do know it appeared to happen frequently in the second half of games.

I literally never put that 2 and 2 together, and it makes total sense. More sense than any other notion put forward to date.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

F
Rookie
Rookie
F
Yes very interesting take on the lining up incorrectly. I got the idea Freddie was constantly faking himself out. Perhaps he also was faking out his whole entire O. I hope that is right, becuase that has already been fixed with his firing.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Why isnt this, another prima wide receiver situation, right?

I hope you have a best friend, do you guys leave, or stay together?

Right?

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946
Why isnt this, another prima wide receiver situation, right?

I hope you have a best friend, do you guys leave, or stay together?

Right?

Anyone know what he's trying to say/imply? I can't figure it out.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Nope.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Sounds like he's calling OBJ and Jarvis primadonnas... and sarcastically pondering whether or not they're sitting in a hot tub somewhere, plotting their next move.

I think he's also saying, in a sense, that most of us, don't really, use enough, commas, when we're communicating.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Trying to, but I can't see the forest for the commas. Still working on it. Seems, you know, tone, well, deep. A little help, because I think it is a serious observation worth serious consideration.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
I, noticed that, also.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
Its seems that he's all, like, no way, or something, and I'm all, like, wait, what, or something?

C
Legend
Legend
C

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I’ll try harder, lo siento.

Jarvis and Odell are boys. I’d be shocked if they don’t play together, and push each other over the next 5 years.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Gonna redact the 5 years proclamation, too many player to pay, more like 2-3 years.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Jarvis and OBJ with a focused and protected Baker, along with the combo of Chubb and Hunt, is quite possibly the most scary offensive attack in the NFL. It all starts with Baker....

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: KashDawg
Jarvis and OBJ with a focused and protected Baker, along with the combo of Chubb and Hunt, is quite possibly the most scary offensive attack in the NFL. It all starts with Baker....

sounds like last years hype

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
Originally Posted By: KashDawg

sounds like last years hype

You are not wrong. I am still on that train though. I think the coaching sucked last year and that set us back. Was Baker terrible?Yes, but he was put in bad situations. The kid is sill young and his coach is responsible to build his confidence and make him better. Neither happened last season.

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not to sound cliche, but this is the pivotal, show me year. A lot is riding on the symbiosis of Baker, Jarvis, and Odell.

It’s the only realistic super bowl path, I can see in 3 years

Legend
Legend
I agree ... the chemistry just wasn’t there on the field and it ruined the season. I called them the Three AmEGOS all season

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
j/c:

I'm kinda on the fence with OBJ, should we keep him or trade him? I think they'll keep him and that's okay with me but I wouldn't be mad if they traded him either... Not at all.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm curious as to why you would want to trade him?

He is one of the very best WRs in the NFL. He didn't make waves last year and he probably had a right to. He played through a core injury. He didn't disrespect teammates in the medial. He did not trash other NFL players, former NFL coaches, college players, etc. He didn't storm away while talking to a reporter. played w/a qb who was probably the worst in the league and still had over a 1,000 yards while keeping his mouth shut.

Btw............would you be okay w/trading Baker?

R
Legend
Legend
R
The difference is everyone knows Baker isn't going anywhere. The same can't be said for OBJ. I'm sure the right price would get it done.

You want the same logic applied to every single situation. Real world doesn't work that way.

But you know that. I think you do anyway.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
V
Legend
Legend
V
I do know that...........and when the "real world" doesn't match up with "reality," I will point that out. I think you know that. Or, at least I hope you do.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I'm curious as to why you would want to trade him?

He is one of the very best WRs in the NFL. He didn't make waves last year and he probably had a right to. He played through a core injury. He didn't disrespect teammates in the medial. He did not trash other NFL players, former NFL coaches, college players, etc. He didn't storm away while talking to a reporter. played w/a qb who was probably the worst in the league and still had over a 1,000 yards while keeping his mouth shut.

Btw............would you be okay w/trading Baker?

Concerning OBJ, I was really excited that we got him at first, but I think because of who he is Baker looks to throw to him more often, even when he shouldn't. Also OBJ seems to be injury-prone. Plus there is that diva mentality, which wasn't that bad last year, but still.... I guess that's basically it. With that said I'd be fine if we traded OBJ and put Higgins in his place. But like I said, I'm okay if we keep him too.

Of note, I noticed on the cleveland.com/browns website they removed the comments section. Usually the would roast OBJ there.

I'm thinking the Browns will probably keep OBJ and maybe trade Higgins. I hope we keep the latter.

As far as Baker goes, keep him for another year, see how he does. If it's like last year? Ut-oh.

Legend
Legend
Higgins is an UFA. He can't be traded.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
IMO, I look for the front office to deal OBJ if they can get decent compensation in return.

It does make sense, especially if OBJ is not happy in Cleveland. Don't buy into the public display of love between the Browns and OBJ..that could be planned to promote and escalate OBJs value.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
V
Legend
Legend
V
Amazing stuff. LOL

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, Higgins couldn't hold OBJ's jockstrap and OBJ handles himself much better than Baker, yet to read this board people live in an alternative universe.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Higgins is an UFA. He can't be traded.

Okay, you're right, but he can still sign with another team:

'Rashard Higgins expects to test the free-agent market, but Browns want him back at the right price, source says'

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/03...ource-says.html

P
Legend
Legend
P
He's a fine #3 unless he has regressed. We really don't know. We know he didn't get much playing time but we have no real idea why.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
He's a fine #3 unless he has regressed. We really don't know. We know he didn't get much playing time but we have no real idea why.

Really? I would think most people on here would say it was because he was in Freddie's Doghouse, as to why I agree we really don't know but it was Freddie that made that call ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Legend
Legend
P
People do say it. But it's pure conjecture on their part with nothing of substance behind it. Freddie had no problem playing him in 2018.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Really? I would think most people on here would say it was because he was in Freddie's Doghouse, as to why I agree we really don't know but it was Freddie that made that call ... JMHO

Which is a long-winded way of saying "We really don't know. We know he didn't get much playing time but we have no real idea why.", lol!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Keep OBJ. Giving up on him after a year is silly.

This means they will move OBJ as well as Schobert...:(

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mac
IMO, I look for the front office to deal OBJ if they can get decent compensation in return.

It does make sense, especially if OBJ is not happy in Cleveland. Don't buy into the public display of love between the Browns and OBJ..that could be planned to promote and escalate OBJs value.

he has said a few times that he is happy in CLE and doesn't want to leave

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Odell Beckham says he’ll be at mandatory minicamp

Link Copied to Clipboard