Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
in 2016, Cole beasley was the 5th best wr in the NFL with 800 ish yards? Terrance Williams was ranked #17 with 594 yards.

If you came to this conclusion while looking at the information, that is nothing more than an interpretation and understanding problem on your side of things.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I guess the plays that we saw Jarvis making on those highlight films never happened because some nerd posts numbers on a website.

I mean, no way did Jarvis really catch a 52 yard TD pass from Baker where he beat the coverage deep and made a tough catch. Never happened.

No way did Jarvis make a long catch against the Jets where he ripped it away from defenders. He's just a "slot receiver" who can't get deep.

No way did he do almost the same exact thing against the Ravens. Your cherry-picked stats say he sucks at catching the ball.

Teammates talking about his great hands, leadership, play-making ability, clutch performances, etc don't know what the hell they are talking about. The stat collectors do. Just like a couple of years ago when the same nerds said Ricardo Louis had 3 drops for the season and we saw him drop that many in just one game.

D
Legend
Legend
D
1. ThiS WaS fUNnY the first 20 times ... this is #66 .. well past funny ...

2. Your right ... your not device and i have no probs giving u a free pass on that one ... odd u didn’t provide the link though as u do on about 97% of your posts like that ...

Tell Sashi I said hi ... thumbsup

D
Legend
Legend
D
Do u know how to find the clip of Billicheck having a stroke on the sideline cause he told them he don’t care what else they do there to stop VG at all costs and they couldn’t do it? ...

I can’t find it and I LOVE that clip ... Billicheck NEVER gets mad but his D’s inability to stop VG triggered him big time ..

I still can’t believe he’s our 2nd best WR ... as VG would say ... “were blessed” ... i’ll Add in lucky ... what a treat watching these guys will be ... thumbsup

C
Legend
Legend
C
Having to constantly justify Landry’s value probably means he’s not actually as good as you think he is.

Having to constantly brush aside Landry’s value probably means he’s better than you actually think he is.

Both of the above statements probably mean Landry is somewhere between what the two camps think he is.

There is a reason why these arguments don’t crop up with OBJ or Myles Garrett or Denzel Ward, it’s because we all know they are good and there is no counter argument to make.

I have said this before, Landry is a good football player who is overpaid. I am glad he is on my team because he seems to be a leader with high character.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think I posted that video a long time ago. Right around the time we signed him. I tried to find it again recently when someone said he doesn't draw the attention of the defense, but I couldn't find it again.

It existed, though. Belichick said his name over and over and over and said he was the guy they had to contain. Of course, BB doesn't know the game as well as some on here.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I think I posted that video a long time ago. Right around the time we signed him. I tried to find it again recently when someone said he doesn't draw the attention of the defense, but I couldn't find it again.

It existed, though. Belichick said his name over and over and over and said he was the guy they had to contain. Of course, BB doesn't know the game as well as some on here.

VG was paid less back then .... rofl ...

I remember the video .. i’ve tried to find it on a few occasions since then but to no avail ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Having to constantly justify Landry’s value probably means he’s not actually as good as you think he is.

Having to constantly brush aside Landry’s value probably means he’s better than you actually think he is.

Both of the above statements probably mean Landry is somewhere between what the two camps think he is.

I don't agree w/this. Most of us are ranking Landry where other NFL analysts rank him. We all say similar things.

There are two posters on here who rip him all the time. Thus, some of us defend Landry.

Occasionally, you join in w/comments about him being overpaid. All three of you are Sashi guys and haven't given up the stupid fight. Then again, I don't remember the other two even once saying Kenny Britt or Jamie Collins was overpaid. I can't say what your position was on those two, so I won't include you.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 07/10/19 07:10 PM.
C
Legend
Legend
C
https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/topics/1241970/browns-to-sign-kenny-britt-wr#Post1241970

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.ph...-co#Post1223572

If this means we don't sign Pryor, then this is a horrible, horrible signing and we are doomed (not joking).

If we re-sign Pryor, Britt is a very legit second or third receiver and we got him for [relatively] cheap.

Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Quote:
The contract extension for #Browns LB Jamie Collins: 4 years, $50M, source said. $26M in guarantees. Large.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/823663016352894976

Only Kuechly makes more (by $1 million) in guarantees.

It's definitely an overpay when compared to other players at his position, but Collins was hitting the market at the right time.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Most of us are ranking Landry where other NFL analysts rank him.

I don't know if this is true or not. Which analysts are you talking about?

https://www.google.com/search?q=is+jarvi...me&ie=UTF-8

Quote:
But I wish to be frank for just a moment, and I'll close with this. It isn't Landry's speed, strength or versatility that makes him special. It's his extreme competitive spirit and desire to win that makes him able to do all these things.

I think the above quote sums up how I feel about Landry (somewhat). If given the choice of wide receivers in the league I don't think I'd take Landry very high based on his talent, but I am glad he is on my team.

L
Legend
Legend
L
he is great for the Browns, this was a huge trade for us, getting landry.

I don't know why this is even a debate.

Overpaid? I don't believe that he is.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
V
Legend
Legend
V
There are hundreds of posts on this subject. I'm not going to trade quotes w/you. I think everyone who reads this board understands who has bashed Landry and defended other signings. I am not going to get into a back-and-forth w/you where we exchange old quotes, but I will stand by w/what I said.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
I don't know why this is even a debate.

It's not a real debate. There are just 2-3 guys trying to make it into one.

C
Legend
Legend
C
There are hundreds of posts on this subject. I'm not going to trade quotes w/you. I think everyone who reads this board understands who has bashed Landry and defended other signings. I am not going to get into a back-and-forth w/you where we exchange old quotes, but I will stand by w/what I said.

I was just providing you with quotes from me on Britt and Collins. It doesn't matter who is in charge for me, I just want good process.

V
Legend
Legend
V
You are very good at finding old posts. So, I have a favor to ask of you. Would you mind looking up the video that was posted on here where Belichick was talking about Landry over and over? I think I posted it initially, but maybe not. It was probably right around the time we traded for him.

Would you mind? I think it could add some value to this topic.

L
Legend
Legend
L
While you're at it, could you fetch vers a coffee?

wink

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
welp.. OBJ has a 'new' look now. No more blonde.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
While you're at it, could you fetch vers a coffee?

wink

rofl ...

Ty lamp ... thumbsup

V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL............I don't think he'll do either of those tasks.

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
New team, new city, fresh look. I approve. Never been a fan of that other thing, whatever you call it.

V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL............I don't think he'll do either of those tasks.

Actually, cfrs sent me a PM and offered to help find the video. I don't have enough details to give him. I just wanted to mention it because I think it's pretty cool that he was willing to help.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm watching the back and forth on the subject, and here's how I see it.

FAs often get overpaid. Especially ones that are at or near the top of their position group the year they hit the market. Landry was just that (maybe not the consensus #1 signing, but at least he was up there). FAs, when they hit the market, look to maximize their $$$ haul. If it's a guy that has a proven track record like Landry, with a good attitude, w/o an injury history, that guy is probably going to get overpaid.

So really, when it comes down to it, it sounds like people that are bent outta shape about how much we pay Landry just don't seem to be fans of how FA will usually play out.(?) I say that both as an observation and as a question/invitation for people to correct me.

As for me, I don't think that the Browns, as a team, are quite in a position to wring their hands over paying too much for legit talent. The fact that we're getting legit talent in the door is good enough for now.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I'm watching the back and forth on the subject, and here's how I see it.

FAs often get overpaid. Especially ones that are at or near the top of their position group the year they hit the market. Landry was just that (maybe not the consensus #1 signing, but at least he was up there). FAs, when they hit the market, look to maximize their $$$ haul. If it's a guy that has a proven track record like Landry, with a good attitude, w/o an injury history, that guy is probably going to get overpaid.

So really, when it comes down to it, it sounds like people that are bent outta shape about how much we pay Landry just don't seem to be fans of how FA will usually play out.(?) I say that both as an observation and as a question/invitation for people to correct me.

As for me, I don't think that the Browns, as a team, are quite in a position to wring their hands over paying too much for legit talent. The fact that we're getting legit talent in the door is good enough for now.

This is ALMOST EXACTLY what i said day 1 when the menZas said he was overpaid ... they have NO CLUE how the market works ...

Where we disagree is u said either some or most of the time FA’s gets overpaid ... if that means ALL FA’S i’m with U ... if that means the top tier FA’s i disagree .. they ALWAYS GET OVERPAID ...

I said the day the menZas said he’s the 3rd highest overall paid WR in the league and he’s not that good that by the start of next year he’d be around 10 - 12 ... right now he’s 8th (yearly average) and u have extensions being worked on for AJ/Julio and i’m sure a few others i’m not aware of that may vault VG ...

I also said by year 3 his yearly average would be right about where he should be ... and in years 4 and 5 he’d be a STEAL ...

The menZas wanna ignore completely how FA works and put everything in a vacuum of stats they cherry pick ... they also think playing with Sean Payton as HC and D. Brees with a ton of other talent is the same thing as playing with Gase as your HC and Ryan Tanneyhill and having NOTHING else around him .... last year was even worse in that regard ... the dysfunctional duo running the O and then Bake having taken almost no reps with him and an OC taking over someone else’s O mid season ...

IRRELEVANT I SAY ... just focus on the stats ... cause thats what winners do ... rolleyes ..

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: FATE
Haha. I'm just saying bro, those stats indicate he's one of the worst receivers in the NFL. I have a certain respect for advanced stats, but some of them simply don't paint an accurate picture. To put it in a context all Browns fans can understand, according to those: Tyler Lockett = Paul Warfield / Jarvis Landry = Gregg Little

Am I wrong?

Those stats had no reflection of who was the QB throwing those 3 yard passes to him...never in his hands so he could get the max YAC...Then when Baker took over the accuracy was there but the Offense with their 3 yard passes still sucked. It was when Kitchens took over those stats changed.

Wonder what they were and where he was ranked in the last 8 games cause up till then we didn't move the ball worth squat!

jmhobservation

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
My two cents on this topic has been made and proven.

I would be surprised if Jarvis lives out his current contract with the Browns.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't know if your 2¢ is proven, but it could work out that way.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Well, his 2 cents last year was that Landry wouldn't be w/the team this year. So, there is that.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Does that mean he already spent one cent and only has one cent left?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Except that it wasn't. But thanks for making thing personal as usual.

I said when he was signed he wouldn't have 1000 yds or 100 catches. I said if he did what he did in Miami we overpaid. And some insisted I was going to be wrong and that we were paying him on his potential. I said that isn't the way to build a successful team. When you pay someone expecting results they haven't produce, you're going to run into issues...

I also said he wouldn't last the contract he signed. I still expect that.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Yes .... getting players like VG is a HORRIBLE WAY to build a team .. pretty sure u were one of the ones that said he was a cancer cause of what Gase said about him ... SPOT ON as usual .. ... rolleyes

Seems everyone in Berea and all his teammates are THRILLED with the year VG had last year and what he brought to this team ... THRILLED ...

U, memph and the rest of the sashiettes seem to be the only ones that think he was and still is overpaid ...

And once again ... u prove exactly why ...

STATS ARE FOR LOSERS .... thumbsup

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Not quite what I said. But misinterpreting what people say is common practice here...

T
Rookie
Rookie
T
People can't see that Jarvis is more valuable than his numbers alone...

He is a soldier and I think he cares about winning more than most. If you've ever been part of a competitive team you'd understand that element.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Not quite what I said. But misinterpreting what people say is common practice here...

By the same people over and over and over and.... it's like this board has it own version of the Haslem, Banner, and Lombardi Show.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
If I wanted, I could pull up device's comments to show exactly what he did say. Someone isn't telling the truth and it ain't me.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Ah yes. Feel free to cherry pick posts to manipulate someone's thoughts as usual. Sure, I once said i wouldn't be surprised if he's not here longer than a year, but I later said that he'll be here for a second year, then after that...well....we'll see.

You know, I recall reading this board when you criticized Hue for his work with Dalton and Flacco and then not long after you're pointing at Dalton and Flacco as great examples why Hue is a great coach...

You constantly change your side of the story just to argue, but now you're trying to call me out? Please.

You are the most dishonest poster here and now say "someone isn't telling the truth and it ain't me?" Unreal.

SMH

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Ah yes. Feel free to cherry pick posts to manipulate someone's thoughts as usual. Sure, I once said i wouldn't be surprised if he's not here longer than a year, but I later said that he'll be here for a second year, then after that...well....we'll see.

You know, I recall reading this board when you criticized Hue for his work with Dalton and Flacco and then not long after you're pointing at Dalton and Flacco as great examples why Hue is a great coach...

You constantly change your side of the story just to argue, but now you're trying to call me out? Please.

You are the most dishonest poster here and now say "someone isn't telling the truth and it ain't me?" Unreal.

SMH

This is yet another example of how you make things up. I want to say a lot about this and show how you are wrong, but it will just lead to more crap.

Legend
Legend
Maybe you guys can just go ahead and get it out of your system - crap's been going on for a whole page anyway. Dig it up and post it Vers, maybe it will make you feel better. I'm looking at the scoreboard now and it's a close race between you and Device anyway... At least for 2019.

For those falling behind at home...

"You said blah, blah, blah"
"Oh no I didn't"
"Oh yes you did"
"No, I DID NOT"
"Yes you did, and I have proof"
"That's crappy proof bro"
"Yeah? Well I have much more proof. So much proof it will make your head spin!"

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
V
Legend
Legend
V
Nah Fate. I will rely on the memories of the posters about who has a history of lying and who does not. I have been on these boards for a long-ass time and while many don't like some of my opinions or style, I have never been accused of being a liar. Until recently by a couple of posters. And if you are not sure about who is lying.......well then, adios.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Im gonna lean towards Device on this one. JMO.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: FATE
Maybe you guys can just go ahead and get it out of your system - crap's been going on for a whole page anyway. Dig it up and post it Vers, maybe it will make you feel better. I'm looking at the scoreboard now and it's a close race between you and Device anyway... At least for 2019.

For those falling behind at home...

"You said blah, blah, blah"
"Oh no I didn't"
"Oh yes you did"
"No, I DID NOT"
"Yes you did, and I have proof"
"That's crappy proof bro"
"Yeah? Well I have much more proof. So much proof it will make your head spin!"

I lol'd IRL. So true.
But I'm not sure why there is so much back an forth on Landry. Noone has caught more passes than him since he's been in the league...and this is with bums throwing to him. He's the least of our worries and its Haslams money who cares..not like anyone on here is personally paying him. He's plenty productive and his salary is fine

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Vice Grips...the multi purpose tool

Link Copied to Clipboard