Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
A
The #Browns are signing WR Kenny Britt, source said (as @caplannfl reported). 4 years, $32.5M.

Legend
Legend
Bring Pryor back as well.

Trade for Jimmy G.

Not a bad offense.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Legend
Legend
C
If this means we don't sign Pryor, then this is a horrible, horrible signing and we are doomed (not joking).

If we re-sign Pryor, Britt is a very legit second or third receiver and we got him for [relatively] cheap.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy

Trade for Jimmy G.

Not a bad offense.

That is not going to happen if this is true...Pryor is gone.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
D
Legend
Legend
D
I don't think this shuts the door on Pryor.

Coleman, Britt and TP would be a decent WR core.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I've said it before...don't know why...but Cleveland front office would rather sign some other teams leftovers than pay their own players.

...they've done it again...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
If this means we don't sign Pryor, then this is a horrible, horrible signing and we are doomed (not joking).

If we re-sign Pryor, Britt is a very legit second or third receiver and we got him for [relatively] cheap.

Okay I'll bite.....Why is this a horrible signing? I think Coleman is our #1 and both Britt and Pryor would be #2 and #3.
I just think Pryor is still to new to be our #1.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Lmao I called this a few days ago on the board

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: bleednbrown

Okay I'll bite.....Why is this a horrible signing? I think Coleman is our #1 and both Britt and Pryor would be #2 and #3.

Read what I wrote again.

Legend
Legend
BLAHHHH

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: mac
I've said it before...don't know why...but [color:#FF0000]Cleveland front office would rather sign some other teams leftovers than pay their own players.

...they've done it again...

[/color]

Nothing could be further from the truth. Did Pryor sign for 8.5 mil? Or did he bulk at 8-9 mil? Rumor had it that he wanted 12-13 mil. Should we just pay our FA's what ever they want? This is a two way street, if he does not budge for under 12 then what? See ya!

#GMSTRONG

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

We just found out how much power Hue Jackson has within this franchise...ANALYTICS AND CHEAP, CHEAP RULE IN CLEVELAND.

The Havard boys did not want their draft pick over shadowed by a better wr...so they went out and got a guy with miles on his legs who fill the #2 or #3 wr position.

V
Legend
Legend
V
How do you place Coleman as the number 1 WR over either of those guys? Seriously?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy

Trade for Jimmy G.

Not a bad offense.

Please let it go about Jimmy G ... superconfused

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
blush
Okay I get it now. Sorry

#GMSTRONG

C
Legend
Legend
C
The Havard boys did not want their draft pick over shadowed by a better wr...so they went out and got a guy with miles on his legs who fill the #2 or #3 wr position.

This is legit crazy person talk.

V
Legend
Legend
V
If the Browns sign Britt, keep Pryor, and trade for Jimmy G.....man, we could have a pretty darn good offense. angel

P
Legend
Legend
P

rofl

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
B
Legend
Legend
B
JC

I don't think the news about Britt means Pryor can't still sign here. There is room for Pryor, Britt, and Coleman.

But, it does help provide insurance if Pryor decides to sign elsewhere.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
easy, thats why we drafted him. I think he can and will develop into one. I don't think it happens over night. I hope I'm right. We need a break.

#GMSTRONG

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Britt made me money on the DFS landscape because of the times he was targeted for the Rams. Not sure what that means in actual games.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
JC

I don't think the news about Britt means Pryor can't still sign here. There is room for Pryor, Britt, and Coleman.

does that mean we might look at a WR in the 2nd round though?

and i hope to god they aren't hoping on a JG return. the FO better not be making any sort of moves with that loser in mind.

Last edited by Swish; 03/09/17 10:58 AM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Bleed...really...not true?

What did the Harvard boys do when faced with re-signing Mitch Schwartz?

...they went out and signed Alvin Bailey, telling Schwartz they had already gone a different direction.

Now tell me I'm wrong again...

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Big fat 'meh' if this means Pryor is gone.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Swish
JC

It means we desperately need another wide receiver. Britt has been consistently underwhelming his entire career.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BritKe00.htm

B
Legend
Legend
B
JC

and i hope to god they aren't hoping on a JG return. the FO better not be making any sort of moves with that loser in mind.

If we lose Pryor, we could look to draft 1 in the 1st round, so sure, a 2nd round receiver is clearly a option.

And round 2 maybe even if Pryor stays. I don't know what they are thinking about Gordon. I will say there seems to be a viable movement to address Pot in a different way. If this happens, JG might be back in play. He just can't pass the P test. It's not like he is a creep doing crazy things.

Lots of leaks going on, yet nothing about TP. Wonder what that means?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
L
Legend
Legend
L
Bleed...really...not true?

What did the Harvard boys do when faced with re-signing Mitch Schwartz?

...they went out and signed Alvin Bailey, telling Schwartz they had already gone a different direction.

Now tell me I'm wrong again...

comparing that situation to this one isn't accurate...Britt vs Pryor is alot better situation than Schwartz vs Bailey.. Britt is atleast servicable. Bailey..no idea what they were thinking

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
L
Legend
Legend
L

Read what I wrote again.

you wrote that as if Pryor was our #1..which isn't true and he won't be..if healthy Coleman is the #1, that's what he was drafted for

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Bailey..no idea what they were thinking

Bailey didn't cost them a compensatory pick to sign because he was not tendered a contract by the Seahawks.

P
Legend
Legend
P
JC

I don't think the news about Britt means Pryor can't still sign here. There is room for Pryor, Britt, and Coleman. Agreed

Agreed

Maybe the 1st

It means we desperately need another wide receiver. Britt has been consistently underwhelming his entire career.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BritKe00.htm

Come on man 2016 was pretty good ... 2016 Games 15 Rec. 68 Yds. 1002 TD 5

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: leadtheway

Read what I wrote again.

you wrote that as if Pryor was our #1..which isn't true and he won't be..if healthy Coleman is the #1, that's what he was drafted for

It doesn't matter who the number one is, we need Pryor AND someone like Britt.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
JC

Exactly. What was it we had after Pryor and Coleman last year? No one replaceable?

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Fine with this signing. Britt is a solid WR. Big target who can beat the press. He's always been productive - just not a consistent 1000 yd a year guy.

Makes me wonder what we offered Pryor. Is Britt's contract what we approached Pryor with? The fact that there's no early news about Pryor only seems to reinforce that perhaps he's overestimated his value on open market. Still hoping the Browns can bring him back as a Pryor, Britt, Coleman set sounds pretty damn good.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-2017-nfl-free-agency-news-updates/

Originally Posted By: PFF
Browns start crucial offseason by signing Kenny Britt

09:49 a.m. ET, Thurs., March 9

Wide receiver Kenny Britt is expected to sign with the Cleveland Browns, according to ESPN’s Adam Caplan. While the former first-round pick has never lived up to his draft position, Britt surpassed 1,000 receiving yards in 2016 for the first time in his career – even if only by two yards. While Britt’s numbers are not overwhelming, the fact that he played in one of the least productive offenses over the past three seasons needs to be taken into account here. Still, he managed to earn precisely 2.0 yards per route run, which ranked him 16th among wide receivers, while quarterbacks had a passer rating of 96.2 when targeting him, which was by far the highest on the LA Rams. Nevertheless, it remains to be seen how much of an upgrade, if any, Britt represents over wide receiver Terrelle Pryor as all signs point to the latter not returning to Cleveland. The spotlight will be on Cleveland this entire offseason; however, unless Britt was a significantly cheaper option than Pryor, prioritizing him over the incumbent No. 1 wide receiver seems to be a questionable decision at this point. — Zoltan Buday, @PFF_Zoltan

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
JC

Exactly. What was it we had after Pryor and Coleman last year? No one replaceable?

I think they signed Britt in case they lose Pryor, not because they will lose Pryor.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We still need a Vet at WR. Pryor is not a vet at WR.

#GMSTRONG

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
If Mr and Mrs Haslam and their Harvard boys fail to sign Pryor, it will mean THEY FAILED FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN ROW, TO RETAIN OUR BEST PLAYERS.

The Browns will never win a damn thing with this owner and his beloved Harvard lawyer running his front office.

The front office has no problem giving Jamie Collins a $5,000,000 signing bonus, $26,400,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $12,500,000...

...but they could not get one of their own, Pryor resigned.

What kind of message is Sushi sending to the locker-room?...Haslam and Sashi are cheap with comes to resigning our own players...that is the message.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
We still need a Vet at WR. Pryor is not a vet at WR.

Brit is your "vet at wr"...

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
The front office has no problem giving Jamie Collins a $5,000,000 signing bonus, $26,400,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $12,500,000...

Because he has a larger sample size of success?

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
If Mr and Mrs Haslam and their Harvard boys fail to sign Pryor, it will mean THEY FAILED FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN ROW, TO RETAIN OUR BEST PLAYERS.

The Browns will never win a damn thing with this owner and his beloved Harvard lawyer running his front office.

...but they could not get one of their own, Pryor resigned.

What kind of message is Sushi sending to the locker-room?...Haslam and Sashi are cheap with comes to resigning our own players...that is the message.

We didn't fail, if Pryor doesn't Re-Sign that's on him and his agent, we offered him significant money ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns to sign Kenny Britt WR

Link Copied to Clipboard