Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K

Quote:

we’ll take steps to deal responsibly with the millions of undocumented immigrants who already had live in our country.

I want to say more about this third issue, because it generates the most passion and controversy. Even as we are a nation of immigrants, we’re also a nation of laws. Undocumented workers broke our immigration laws, and I believe that they must be held accountable, especially those who may be dangerous.

That’s why over the past six years deportations of criminals are up 80 percent, and that’s why we’re going to keep focusing enforcement resources on actual threats to our security. Felons, not families. Criminals, not children. Gang members, not a mom who’s working hard to provide for her kids. We’ll prioritize, just like law e enforcement does every day. - Barrack Obama Nov 20th 2014

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4656370/sen-barack-obama-illegal-immigration

https://www.apnews.com/a98f26f7c9424b44b7fa927ea1acd4d4

2nd, the pictures the news showed you of Trump locking kids in cages? FALSE those photos are from 2014 during the Obama Administration as fact checked by the AP:

https://www.apnews.com/a98f26f7c9424b44b7fa927ea1acd4d4

Quote:

THE FACTS: The photos, taken by The Associated Press, were from 2014, during the Obama administration, but were presented by liberal activists as if they showed the effects of Trump’s immigration policy now. Villaraigosa, Favreau and some others deleted their tweets when the mistake was pointed out.

They had linked to a June 2014 online story by The Arizona Republic titled “First peek: Immigrant children flood detention center.” The story featured photos taken by AP’s Ross D. Franklin at a center run by the Customs and Border Protection Agency in Nogales, Arizona. One photo shows two unidentified female detainees sleeping in a holding cell. The caption refers to U.S. efforts to process 47,000 unaccompanied children at the Nogales center and another one in Brownsville, Texas.

Many tweets used the hashtag “WhereAreOurChildren,” which grew out of testimony in April by a federal official that the U.S. government had lost track of nearly 1,500 unaccompanied minor children it placed with adult sponsors in the U.S.

Trump tweeted: “Democrats mistakenly tweet 2014 pictures from Obama’s term showing children from the Border in steel cages. They thought it was recent pictures in order to make us look bad, but backfires.”

He is right about the misrepresentation, though it’s not clear that many prominent Democrats jumped on this particular Twitter bandwagon.

Lets get to the facts, Trump isn't a racist for wanting to enforce immigration policies. Obama was literally nicknamed "The Deporter in- chief" He deported more illegals than any other President in modern history. Obama hunted these people down more vigorously than any other President in modern times.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4656370/sen-barack-obama-illegal-immigration

Obama was very much PRO- Immigration enforcement and very pro secure our borders. Obama and Trump actually have the same views on border security, Trump was actually enforcing Obama policies on how to handle the immigration issues.

I find it funny it was perfectly fine for Obama to lock kids up in cages no one cares, yet Trump (who didn't lock up any kids in cages because the pictures are from 2014) is labeled as some kind of demonic racist for just doing his job.

Obama right now has to be thinking the Democrat party has completely lost their damn mind...as much as I didn't agree with Obama policies, I never hated the man personally nor was i ever racist against him. I respected him as a man and could easily see myself laughing over a beer and a smoke with the man, or maybe even helping him work on his car as a good neighbor. So don't get things twisted, you can disagree with someone and still be respectful and kind.

As much as I hate to say it, The Dems have no sense at all..its no wonder Obama doesn't want to endorse anyone...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
"yet Trump (who didn't lock up any kids in cages because the pictures are from 2014) is labeled as some kind of demonic racist for just doing his job."

Are you kidding me? Do you really believ Trump isnt locking up children?

How nice was it to have a president that can state a problem state the complexities of the problem and offer a pathway to a solution. Trump could never do such a thing nor has he since becoming president.

Joe Thomas #73
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown

As much as I hate to say it, The Dems have no sense at all...

I can tell from the hard left lean in all of your posts how much this pained you.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/10/19 03:40 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Let's look at some reality here.

Trump claimed that only 2% of asylum seekers show up for hearings.

Recent data shows that asylum seekers continue to appear for immigration court proceedings at high rates. In fiscal year 2018, Department of Justice (DOJ) figures show that 89 percent of all asylum applicants attended their final court hearing to receive a decision on their application. When families and unaccompanied children have access to legal representation, the rate of compliance with immigration court obligations is nearly 98 percent.

https://www.humanrightsfirst.org/resourc...-court-hearings

You seem to wish to avoid why this situation is so much worse now. Why the problem has been multiplied and magnified.

Applying for asylum in The United states is legal to do. Trump changed the policy that now holds people legally seeking asylum in detention centers. People who came here and followed a legal path to be in The United States are now being held captive.

Trump used yet another lie, that people who were seeking asylum didn't show up for their hearings, as an excuse to do this. Then he chose to blame that on the Democrats.

But you are proving that yet another thing being told about the democrats is another flat out lie that is constantly perpetuated. That lie is, Democrats are for open borders.

This is simply not true. Democrats feel that electronic surveillance is a better, less antiquated and more effective way to protect the border. So yes, Democrats are not for open borders.

And Obama certainly detained people crossing the border. Those who did not apply for asylum or had an active warrant when entering the country. He also deported more illegals than any other president.

So to sum it all up. Democrats are not for open borders. Obama actually deported more illegals than anyone before him. Obama held illegals who did not pursue a legal way to be in our country or were known or wanted criminals.

Trump in turn told a big lie in order to change the policy to hold thousands upon thousands of more people who are following a legal path to be here. Which has complicated, crowded and burdened the system to a point so many people are being held that they can not be cared for.

Thanks for playing.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
um....

...boom.

#truthinprint

"too many notes, not enough music-"
K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
PitDawg your being completely disingenuous about this whole situation and deflecting. What your talking about is a completely different topic. your talking about dealing with people petitioning a legal process, im talking about people who bypass all that and come here illegally.

Obama and Trump BOTH agreed the people who come here illegally must be pursued, apprehended, and removed ASAP. That point is irrefutable.

Quote:

Undocumented workers broke our immigration laws, and I believe that they must be held accountable, especially those who may be dangerous.

Dangerous or not, if they broke immigration laws, Obama believed just as Trump that they should be pursued, apprehended, and brought to justice.

However, I will address your point about asylum. Yes, I know people can legally petition for asylum in the US, but that doesn't mean we have to accept them.

Furthermore, We MUST hold them somewhere until a decision is made concerning the matter. I mean what are we supposed to? Just let them in the country to roam around free as a bird to do whatever they damn please until the months go by they get a court hearing?

what about:

1. what is their criminal record in their home country
2. What is their vaccination history? Are they up to date on their vaccines? Have they even had any vaccines at all?
3. Creditors? Do they own any financial institutions in their country large sums of money and they are running away here to get out of paying? You know our government has relations with foreign countries and foreign banks, allowing people to just run away from debt they owe and harboring them from paying it could hurt our political positions with other countries.

4. Do they have outstanding warrants or court dates for their arrest? Its not up to us to decide if they get a trial or not, they are not US citizens they are citizens of another country, and like it or not if they broke laws in their home country, as ridiculous as we may see it, its not our place to judge. As as a nation its our duty to hand these people back over to their home country. We don't rule the world, and we can't force every country in the world to adopt our legal system. We may need them to hand someone over to us one day and we would be wise to honor other countries laws.

Fact is there were so many people applying for asylum Trump had no other choice but to hold them somewhere pending review. We can't just let people roam around without being properly vetted and approved.

Could conditions be better? Sure, but at what cost...why should the American Taxpayer be forced to front another 20 billion dollars to create a The Ritz-Carlton for these people to stay in?

Legend
Legend
Trump IS locking up kids... It's been Proven.. Sorry that you can't see it

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O
PitDawg your being completely disingenuous about this whole situation and deflecting. What your talking about is a completely different topic. your talking about dealing with people petitioning a legal process, im talking about people who bypass all that and come here illegally.

Obama and Trump BOTH agreed the people who come here illegally must be pursued, apprehended, and removed ASAP. That point is irrefutable.

Quote:

Undocumented workers broke our immigration laws, and I believe that they must be held accountable, especially those who may be dangerous.

Dangerous or not, if they broke immigration laws, Obama believed just as Trump that they should be pursued, apprehended, and brought to justice.

However, I will address your point about asylum. Yes, I know people can legally petition for asylum in the US, but that doesn't mean we have to accept them.

Furthermore, We MUST hold them somewhere until a decision is made concerning the matter. I mean what are we supposed to? Just let them in the country to roam around free as a bird to do whatever they damn please until the months go by they get a court hearing?

what about:

2. What is their vaccination history? Are they up to date on their vaccines? Have they even had any vaccines at all?
3. Creditors? Do they own any financial institutions in their country large sums of money and they are running away here to get out of paying? You know our government has relations with foreign countries and foreign banks, allowing people to just run away from debt they owe and harboring them from paying it could hurt our political positions with other countries.

4. Do they have outstanding warrants or court dates for their arrest? Its not up to us to decide if they get a trial or not, they are not US citizens they are citizens of another country, and like it or not if they broke laws in their home country, as ridiculous as we may see it, its not our place to judge. As as a nation its our duty to hand these people back over to their home country. We don't rule the world, and we can't force every country in the world to adopt our legal system. We may need them to hand someone over to us one day and we would be wise to honor other countries laws.

Fact is there were so many people applying for asylum Trump had no other choice but to hold them somewhere pending review. We can't just let people roam around without being properly vetted and approved.

Could conditions be better? Sure, but at what cost...why should the American Taxpayer be forced to front another 20 billion dollars to create a The Ritz-Carlton for these people to stay in?

^ Found yet another one.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Enlightened centrists crack me up

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Trump IS locking up kids... It's been Proven.. Sorry that you can't see it

That's what happens when people turn the TV to FOX news... then throw the remote in the trash.

P
Legend
Legend
P

Quote:

You are 100% correct. None of that has changed. As I said, it totally dispels the myth that Democrats want open borders. I haven't seen anyone say that we should just let illegals flood our nation without following the legal process.

Quote:

You are correct, it most certainly does not. In fact the vast majority of them are denied their asylum request.

Quote:

So it must be your contention that every president, be it Republican or Democrat before Trump got it wrong? Because no president has ever done this. I guess you missed the part where Trump just made up a big lie to excuse doing this.

His claim has gone from 3% to 2% in describing how many asylum seekers show up for their court dates. When the fact is, according to our own government statistics it's around 90%.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini...and-court-dates

Quote:

Before Trump this was one of the measures that decided whether they be detained or not.

Quote:

Unlike the scare tactics that have been perpetuated, Mexico and Central American countries have about the same and some even higher vaccination rate that the United states. Odds are you have as much or more danger of American citizens not being vaccinated than immigrants.

https://www.cato.org/blog/migrant-caravan-central-america-vaccination-rates

Quote:

We have more people that fall under this guideline per capita and I think that is a false red flag that means nothing.

Quote:

This is the same guideline Obama and other presidents have used to detain prisoners. This has nothing to do with the topic of asylum.

Quote:

Who said anything about the Ritz Carlton? There's a huge difference between humane conditions and the Ritz Carlton and you know that. Trump didn't have to detain anyone going through a totally legal process. No president before him, be them a Republican or a Democrat has ever done that or lied to make claims to convince people it needed to be done.

You are making excuses for treating people worse than animals. You are helping to perpetuate the very same lies and scare tactics perpetuated by this White House. And why? Because you have chosen to believe their fear tactics rather than seek the actual facts and the truth for yourself.

Stop supporting the abuse and lack of humane treatment for your fellow human beings. It's quite unbecoming of you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
When you and the progressive loonies were claiming the border crisis was fake and manufactured, FOX showed us that you were full of it.

FOX then showed us how everyone now agrees the border is in crisis.

FOX said the border patrol was overwhelmed and needed congress to send funds to properly house the 100,000 illegals coming across each month.

FOX then showed us congress approving $4.6 billion in aid.

FOX showed us AOC and her goofy band of progressives crying about concentration camps only to vote against sending that aid for the people they pretend to care about.

Yep, FOX showed us your hypocrisy at its worst.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
When you and the progressive loonies were claiming the border crisis was fake and manufactured, FOX showed us that you were full of it.

FOX then showed us how everyone now agrees the border is in crisis.

FOX said the border patrol was overwhelmed and needed congress to send funds to properly house the 100,000 illegals coming across each month.

FOX then showed us congress approving $4.6 billion in aid.

FOX showed us AOC and her goofy band of progressives crying about concentration camps only to vote against sending that aid for the people they pretend to care about.

Yep, FOX showed us your hypocrisy at its worst.

Revisionist history at best - making crap up in reality.

The "Crisis at the border" was about how the Southern border was being over run. Migrant caravans coming to take over the USA. How a WALL was needed to fix everything. The TRUMP crisis at the border had NOTHING to do with conditions for the detainees.

Under Obama - children were not separated from their parents. Under Obama it was not active policy to detain as many immigrants and asylum seekers as possible. Under Obama I am not aware of multiple children dying in the "care" of the US Govt .... That's all on Trump.

I don't follow AOC at all - but I know that her objection to the $4.6 billion bill was not because she didn't care about the people in the camps (or cages or whatever you want to call them) it was because of what else the $4.6 Billion was earmarked for.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/0...tention-centers

But go ahead and continue to lie and manipulate facts. It's what you do. Hey - you might even believe that Mueller didn't provide multiple examples of when Trump obstructed justice.

Last edited by mgh888; 07/11/19 12:38 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
I am not condoning treating people like animals or poor conditions, but I think its fair to say no other President in modern times has had to deal with the absurd amount of people requesting asylums and the thousands and thousands of people all fleeing Central America to get here.

I think Trump was put into a situation that he had no choice. He could not just let this mass amount of people in pending review, just couldn't.

lets put things into perspective, as of July 2018 there we 733,000 pending immigration requests(waiting for court dates) with an average wait time of 721 days (That number is now over 908,000 as for June 2019.

https://trac.syr.edu/phptools/immigration/court_backlog/

https://immigrationforum.org/article/fact-sheet-u-s-asylum-process/

What exactly was Trump supposed to do with 700,000 + people/cases pending review? just let them in? Do you have any idea how much money it would cost to put a roof over these peoples heads, feed them, medical care, etc?

the money simply isn't there in Federal Budget, we are running deficits as it is, and its not like Congress was approving this huge 500 billion dollar immigration plan to pay for it. Folks blame Trump, but where in the **** was Congress? They never came forward with any kind of plan to give Trump any more money to actually fix the problem.

The President can't just do whatever the **** he wants. This was proven with Trump trying to divert Defense funds to a border wall and the courts stopped him. It would be just as illegal for Trump to take money and use it to create what everyone called "livable conditions" for these people. Where exactly is he supposed to draw the money from that wouldn't be illegal?

Again, Congress is more at fault here than Trump. Had Congress passed a bill fixing immigration along with the funds to properly care of these people it wouldn't have been a problem.

Trump was stuck taking care of thousands and thousands of people with ZERO money allocated by Congress to do so, and yes the conditions are far from ideal, but he done the best he could with the tied hands he had. Congress is to blame for those peoples living conditions, not Trump. Congress controls ALL SPENDING in this country, just like Trump found out trying to divert funds for his wall is illegal just as diverting funds to care for these people would also be illegal. Congress hasn't done its job, and yet the President gets blamed for it.

If Obama was in office and had this crisis he would have dealt with it the same way because he would not have had any choice if Congress wouldn't grant him the funds to properly;y handle the situation.

If you think Trump wanted these kinds of conditions for these people and if you think he got any kind of enjoyment nothing could be further from the truth.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I am not condoning treating people like animals or poor conditions, but I think its fair to say no other President in modern times has had to deal with the absurd amount of people requesting asylums and the thousands and thousands of people all fleeing Central America to get here.

I think Trump was put into a situation that he had no choice. He could not just let this mass amount of people in pending review, just couldn't.

I'll deal with this portion first. If you were an immigrant even considering fleeing you country for the U.S., then suddenly the elected president threatens to build a wall and shut down the border, what would you do? Sometimes your rhetoric creates its own situation.

Quote:
lets put things into perspective, as of July 2018 there we 733,000 pending immigration requests(waiting for court dates) with an average wait time of 721 days (That number is now over 908,000 as for June 2019.

https://trac.syr.edu/phptools/immigration/court_backlog/

https://immigrationforum.org/article/fact-sheet-u-s-asylum-process/

What exactly was Trump supposed to do with 700,000 + people/cases pending review? just let them in? Do you have any idea how much money it would cost to put a roof over these peoples heads, feed them, medical care, etc?

You mean how much money the situation he created has cost? Or do you mean this as a reason why we can't treat those in U.S. custody humanely?

I guess it hasn't entered into your head that hiring or appointing more immigration judges may have helped.

Quote:
the money simply isn't there in Federal Budget, we are running deficits as it is, and its not like Congress was approving this huge 500 billion dollar immigration plan to pay for it. Folks blame Trump, but where in the **** was Congress? They never came forward with any kind of plan to give Trump any more money to actually fix the problem.

Actually congress wanted to approve the money. They simply wanted it earmarked to go to the humanitarian issue to help these people. The Republicans and Trump didn't want that. They wanted the right to move that money around and not commit to using it for humanitarian reasons.

What 500 billion dollar plan are you talking about?

Quote:
The President can't just do whatever the **** he wants. This was proven with Trump trying to divert Defense funds to a border wall and the courts stopped him. It would be just as illegal for Trump to take money and use it to create what everyone called "livable conditions" for these people. Where exactly is he supposed to draw the money from that wouldn't be illegal?

4.8 billion was approved for just that. Do you watch the news?

Quote:
Again, Congress is more at fault here than Trump. Had Congress passed a bill fixing immigration along with the funds to properly care of these people it wouldn't have been a problem.

all Trump wants is to build a wall. Something I'm really not opposed to but using high tech surveillance makes more sense.

Quote:
Trump was stuck taking care of thousands and thousands of people with ZERO money allocated by Congress to do so, and yes the conditions are far from ideal, but he done the best he could with the tied hands he had. Congress is to blame for those peoples living conditions, not Trump. Congress controls ALL SPENDING in this country, just like Trump found out trying to divert funds for his wall is illegal just as diverting funds to care for these people would also be illegal. Congress hasn't done its job, and yet the President gets blamed for it.

He wasn't "stuck" until he made the choice to lock up people who were legally applying for asylum. He actually "stuck" himself.

And it seems you need to try and convince Trump he can't do what he wants.

According to reports, he plans to put forth and sign an executive order to put the immigration question on the census even after the SCOTUS ruled he couldn't do it. It seems he feels pesky little things like supreme Court rulings don't mean anything to him.

Quote:
If Obama was in office and had this crisis he would have dealt with it the same way because he would not have had any choice if Congress wouldn't grant him the funds to properly;y handle the situation.

Obama wouldn't have scared everyone south of the border into thinking we were closing the border which caused this crisis to begin with.

Quote:
If you think Trump wanted these kinds of conditions for these people and if you think he got any kind of enjoyment nothing could be further from the truth.

That's very hard to believe since he is totally responsible for this situation to begin with.

So let me get this straight. A president who has called the place these people come from "$#!+hole countries", who said, "When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people." A man who said, "These aren't people. These are animals."?

That guy? You'll have to forgive me if I'm not convinced.

#gmstrong
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Its cool how you ruffle their feathers with facts and their only recourse it that You, Trump and Fox new are the LIARS but my question is should C Booker be arrested for aiding and abetting by helping illegals violate are border laws?

P
Legend
Legend
P
So you ignore the facts you don't like and love the facts you agree with.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Riley01
Its cool how you ruffle their feathers with facts and their only recourse it that You, Trump and Fox new are the LIARS but my question is should C Booker be arrested for aiding and abetting by helping illegals violate are border laws?

Hey, 40¢
You are judged by the company you keep.
The prez of your fan club established the bar by which you are measured. But then, you're the prez of the IQ45 fan club, so...

...enjoy living with your friends behind the walls and under the floorboards.

thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Riley01

It is an exercise in futility.

Booker should indeed be locked up, along with all the others who believe what they think is above the Laws of the United States of America.

Laws don't work unless you enforce them.

A Nation can not stand when its elected officials hate it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Donald Trump’s grandfather wrote letter begging not to be deported.

'This is very, very hard for a family. What will our fellow citizens think if honest subjects are faced with such a decree'

When Donald Trump's German grandfather was ordered by a royal decree to leave the country and never return, he wrote a letter pleading the prince regent of Bavaria not to deport him.

Friedrich Trump wrote the letter in 1905 when he returned to Germany with his wife and daughter after having emigrated to the US.

German authorities had given him eight weeks to leave and denied him repatriation because he failed to complete his mandatory military service and to register his initial emigration to the US 20 years earlier.

In the letter, Mr Trump described the moment he received the news from the High Royal State Ministry he had to leave as "a lightning strike from fair skies".

"We were paralysed with fright, our happy family life was tarnished. My wife has been overcome by anxiety, and my lovely child has become sick," he wrote.

"Why should we be deported?" he asked, "This is very, very hard for a family. What will our fellow citizens think if honest subjects are faced with such a decree."

The letter, translated from German into English and published in Harper's Magazine, shows how desperate Mr Trump was to remain with his family in Bavaria.

Writing to Luitpold, prince regent of Bavaria, he begged for mercy.

He said: "In this urgent situation I have no other recourse than to turn to our adored, noble, wise, and just sovereign lord, our exalted ruler His Royal Highness, highest of all, who has already dried so many tears, who has ruled so beneficially and justly and wisely and softly and is warmly and deeply loved, with the most humble request that the highest of all will himself in mercy deign to allow the applicant to stay in the most gracious Kingdom of Bavaria."

Mr Trump was born in the village of Kallstadt, in the Rhineland region in west Germany in 1869.

He left the country at the age of 16 with little possessions and went to the US in the hope of making fortune.

He trained to become a barber and he went on to run a restaurant, bar and allegedly even a brothel and became a wealthy man.

Despite his letter, Mr Trump was not allowed to stay in Bavaria and returned to New York, where he settled with his family.

More than a 100 years later, his grandson, Donald Trump, imposed new immigration rules that would have kept his grandfather out of the US.

The Trump administration's hardline immigration stance has also set precedent for the First Lady Melania Trump to be deported.

Meanwhile, deportation raids in the US which are part of a crackdown by the Trump administration on all undocumented immigrants have led to a increase in arrests of immigrants who do not have criminal records.

In the latest deportation sweep, immigration officers arrested 650 people in communities across the US over a four-day span in July. Among them, 520 had no criminal records.

In June, President Trump reversed on his campaign promise to deport immigrants' children, known as "Dreamers", but their parents could still be sent back to their home countries.

Most Serene, Most Powerful Prince Regent! Most Gracious Regent and Lord!

I was born in Kallstadt on March 14, 1869. My parents were honest, plain, pious vineyard workers. They strictly held me to everything good — to diligence and piety, to regular attendance in school and church, to absolute obedience toward the high authority.

After my confirmation, in 1882, I apprenticed to become a barber. I emigrated in 1885, in my sixteenth year. In America I carried on my business with diligence, discretion, and prudence. God’s blessing was with me, and I became rich. I obtained American citizenship in 1892. In 1902 I met my current wife. Sadly, she could not tolerate the climate in New York, and I went with my dear family back to Kallstadt.

The town was glad to have received a capable and productive citizen. My old mother was happy to see her son, her dear daughter-in-law, and her granddaughter around her; she knows now that I will take care of her in her old age.

But we were confronted all at once, as if by a lightning strike from fair skies, with the news that the High Royal State Ministry had decided that we must leave our residence in the Kingdom of Bavaria. We were paralyzed with fright; our happy family life was tarnished. My wife has been overcome by anxiety, and my lovely child has become sick.

Why should we be deported? This is very, very hard for a family. What will our fellow citizens think if honest subjects are faced with such a decree — not to mention the great material losses it would incur. I would like to become a Bavarian citizen again.

In this urgent situation I have no other recourse than to turn to our adored, noble, wise, and just sovereign lord, our exalted ruler His Royal Highness, highest of all, who has already dried so many tears, who has ruled so beneficially and justly and wisely and softly and is warmly and deeply loved, with the most humble request that the highest of all will himself in mercy deign to allow the applicant to stay in the most gracious Kingdom of Bavaria.

Your most humble and obedient,

Friedrich Trump

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world...B38VNY3MDgblQk0

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Booker should indeed be locked up, along with all the others who believe what they think is above the Laws of the United States of America.

Would you say the same thing if Trump ignores the SCOTUS ruling and puts the immigration question on the census?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Obama started this mess with detention and cages and separating kids from parents, or did he inherit it from Bush? I don't know, if he did, fine.

Trump whatever the mess was and expanded it and grew it..

I just wish everybody could agree that neither side has clean hands in this, stop fighting to figure out who owns what percentage of the blame...

And get about the business of fixing it.

I get that AOC made her trip down there.. it really solved nothing as a bunch of pastors (mostly Latino) went shortly after her and said they didn't see anything like what she said she saw.. So everybody is left to believe whichever story fits their own narrative...

In reality, AOC should have taken one of her fellow freshman from the "R" side of the aisle with her, like Ross Spano or Dan Crenshaw... and they could have issued a JOINT statement on what they saw.. it would have been SIGNIFICANTLY more impactful and believable that way...

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
It wasn't until the IG over Homeland Security gave his comments that I was convinced.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dhs-inspect...ention-centers/

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Would you say the same thing if Trump ignores the SCOTUS ruling and puts the immigration question on the census?

WASHINGTON — In a setback for the Trump administration, the Supreme Court on Thursday rejected its stated reason for adding a question on citizenship to the census, leaving in doubt whether the question would appear on the census forms sent to every household in the nation next year.

Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr., writing for the majority, said the explanation offered by the Trump administration for adding the question “appears to have been contrived.” But he left open the possibility that it could provide an adequate answer.

Executive branch officials must “offer genuine justifications for important decisions, reasons that can be scrutinized by courts and the interested public,” the chief justice wrote. “Accepting contrived reasons would defeat the purpose of the enterprise. If judicial review is to be more than an empty ritual, it must demand something better than the explanation offered for the action taken in this case.”

The practical impact of the decision was not immediately clear. While the question is barred for now, it is at least possible that the administration will be able to offer adequate justifications for it. But time is short, as the census forms must be printed soon.

FACTS once again TRUMP your TDS.

Oh, and my source is https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/27/us/politics/census-citizenship-question-supreme-court.html

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 07/11/19 02:36 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
If they go back to the SCOTUS and get the ruling overturned I will be fine with the question being on the census.

That would be the legal process to accomplish it.

If however he tries to use some presidential order to bypass the SCOTUS I will deem it illegal.

Right now the rumor going around is he will try to use an order to circumvent the SCOTUS ruling. So we'll see.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
If they go back to the SCOTUS and get the ruling overturned I will be fine with the question being on the census.

That would be the legal process to accomplish it.

If however he tries to use some presidential order to bypass the SCOTUS I will deem it illegal.

Right now the rumor going around is he will try to use an order to circumvent the SCOTUS ruling. So we'll see.

Doesn't it still need to be added by congress? Has congress even touched this yet and tried to make the change? I'm not aware of it.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Trump, 'not backing down' in effort to count citizens amid census fight, announces executive order

President Trump, speaking at the White House on Thursday, announced that he would "immediately" issue an executive order to get an accurate count of non-citizens and citizens in the United States -- a measure Trump said would be "far more accurate" than relying on a citizenship question in the 2020 census.

The move would make use of "vast" federal databases and free up information sharing among all federal agencies concerning who they know is living in the country, Trump said.

"Today I'm here to say we are not backing down in our effort to determine the citizenship status of the United States population," the president told reporters in the Rose Garden, after slamming "far-left Democrats" seeking to "conceal the number of illegal aliens in our midst."

"We will leave no stone unturned," Trump asserted. He called legal opposition to adding a citizenship question to the 2020 census "meritless," but said the ongoing judicial morass in several federal district courts made it logistically impossible to resolve the matter before the 2020 census forms needed to be printed.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-citizens-executive-order-census-count

I guess the NSA spying on us all for the last decade is finally going to good use as we prevent gaming of the system by those unscrupulous people with their sanctuary cities and such. thumbsup

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 07/11/19 06:53 PM.
J
Legend
Legend
J
J/C

These conditions have been going on for years, they may have become worse, but the point is, where has the outrage been before now? Nothing irks me more than hypocrisy. Obama was in no way perfect, my friends, in fact, far from that destination. The fact that Trump has no social skills and comes off as a moron does not make Obama a great president, nor does it absolve him from the atrocities that many of you are now hysterical about, just because it’s no longer a cool, smart talking guy that you liked.

Let’s get off this party sided BS and get this fixed. This should not be going on in this country and we know it, this needs to stop.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Trump, 'not backing down' in effort to count citizens amid census fight, announces executive order

President Trump, speaking at the White House on Thursday, announced that he would "immediately" issue an executive order to get an accurate count of non-citizens and citizens in the United States -- a measure Trump said would be "far more accurate" than relying on a citizenship question in the 2020 census.

The move would make use of "vast" federal databases and free up information sharing among all federal agencies concerning who they know is living in the country, Trump said.

"Today I'm here to say we are not backing down in our effort to determine the citizenship status of the United States population," the president told reporters in the Rose Garden, after slamming "far-left Democrats" seeking to "conceal the number of illegal aliens in our midst."

"We will leave no stone unturned," Trump asserted. He called legal opposition to adding a citizenship question to the 2020 census "meritless," but said the ongoing judicial morass in several federal district courts made it logistically impossible to resolve the matter before the 2020 census forms needed to be printed.

I guess the NSA spying on us all for the last decade is finally going to good use as we prevent gaming of the system by those unscrupulous people with their sanctuary cities and such. thumbsup

Prep for post election ethnic cleansing... POC, LGBTQ, Elderly and sick are all going to be targets until we rid ourselves of this insane alt-right movement and it's fascist old fool leader. Trog wars...

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/11/19 07:59 PM.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Let’s get off this party sided BS and get this fixed. This should not be going on in this country and we know it, this needs to stop.

Jules, I don't participate in this forum as much as many others and I don't talk about politics on other social media sounding boards, but it's pretty clear to me that there are too many people who are extremists for one side or the other. I try and ask people to look at things from both sides and work together, but I either get ignored or ridiculed. They aren't interested in solving the problem. They just want to point fingers at the other side.

Think about this. You see a thread title in the political forum and then you see a post from Perfect. Do you already know how he is going to respond? What about 40? OCD? Riley? CHS? Dawg Duty? 888? Eric? I could go on and on.

The good news is that in everyday life, most of the people I talk to are a lot more rational and fair-minded than the extremists. We just don't talk as much. The loud folks get all the attention.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Prep for post election ethnic cleansing... POC, LGBTQ, Elderly and sick are all going to be targets until we rid ourselves of this insane alt-right movement and it's fascist old fool leader. Trog wars...

I think I remember you saying the same thing when Trump got elected the first time. Swish thought all POC's would be placed in reeducation camps too.

But alas, LGBTQ's have the same rights as every other citizen and POC's are suffering from the lowest unemployment rates in history. Elderly are enjoying their fat 401K's and the sick are able to try experimental treatments as a last resort in trying to stay alive.

J
Legend
Legend
J
I know. I rarely respond to any of those posters in this forum. Unfortunately, it is almost always their nonsense with each other, or people who should know better than to waste their time with them, droning back and forth. It’s not worth reading, let alone giving a real thought to post. Once in a while I try, but it’s like a whisper around here, because nobody really wants to listen or have a real discussion.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I'll listen, Jules. I think there are some others, too. They just get scared off because this place is so hostile. I would just like to have intelligent conversation that is based in logic when it comes to important issues such as politics. It's okay to act the fool and argue about dumb stuff like football, but when it comes to real life, I believe we need to strive to find solutions instead of assigning blame.

There was a guy who could have really helped w/this quest. His name is something like DawgLover05. Very intelligent man. Open-minded. Fair. Deep thinker. I think he quit posting because of all the nonsense.

I bet we could get guys like Clem and DC to join in. Then, guys like Pit and Swish might adapt a bit. And then......others would follow suit.

What do you say? Is it possible or am I a dreamer? LOL

Btw-------I forgot to mention. We don't have to agree on topics. In fact, debate is healthy. Let's just do it respectfully and w/intelligence.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 07/11/19 08:50 PM.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I'll listen, Jules. I think there are some others, too. They just get scared off because this place is so hostile. I would just like to have intelligent conversation that is based in logic when it comes to important issues such as politics. It's okay to act the fool and argue about dumb stuff like football, but when it comes to real life, I believe we need to strive to find solutions instead of assigning blame.

There was a guy who could have really helped w/this quest. His name is something like DawgLover05. Very intelligent man. Open-minded. Fair. Deep thinker. I think he quit posting because of all the nonsense.

I bet we could get guys like Clem and DC to join in. Then, guys like Pit and Swish might adapt a bit. And then......others would follow suit.

What do you say? Is it possible or am I a dreamer? LOL

Unfortunately, the state of political discussion in this country has evolved into lobbing insults back and forth...and that's where it ends! There's no progress toward resolution, just more divisive hate. People aren't looking at all of the info on the internet to educate themselves, they're looking for material to bolster their take on things and use as ammo. Look here for instance. The people that start most of the threads in this forum just look for the most provocative articles that insult the other side. There's no looking for solutions to problems, just looking for gotcha' moments.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
J
Legend
Legend
J
I’d love to try, I just don’t give it much of a chance around here anymore, but if people have the restraint to not react to the people who are just seeking attention or wanting to troll, It’s possible.

There are so many variables and issues with the topic of immigration. I’ve been staying in the west and southwest for the last 5 or 6 years. This last year I have been in an area just miles from a border town. I have some insight from the many sides, as both have legitimate concerns and it’s not as easy as anyone tries to make people believe in this forum, or in the world of people making decisions who are so far removed from reality, or only thinking about this issue emotionally.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I agree w/you. It seems everywhere we turn, there are provocative headlines that are almost assuredly will create controversy.

I still think most of us are good and want solutions. We just get shouted down. I don't know.........I really don't. I think we should try to do the right thing even if it doesn't work.

I just had a thought that maybe you and others can relate to. I was wondering why I think the way I do as I was typing my reply to both you and Jules. My parents, for sure. But, then it came to me. Team sports! Making sacrifices for the greater good. Doing whatever it takes to get the job done. The whole is more important than the part. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. United we stand, divided we fall. All those old cliches that we grew up on. But damn man, they are true.

I think it's up to the moderates to lead this country out of despair. We must look at all sides and try and be fair to all. We should avoid extremism. We should rally to solve problems rather than add to them. We don't have to be freaking perfect. We just need to make a difference.

Honest to God, I truly, truly believe that there are more good, fair-minded folks in the world than there are not.

Right?

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
There are so many variables and issues with the topic of immigration. I’ve been staying in the west and southwest for the last 5 or 6 years. The last year I have been in an area just miles from a border town. I have some insight from the many sides, as both have legitimate concerns and it’s not as easy as anyone tries to make people believe in this forum, or in the world of people making decisions who are so far removed from reality, or only thinking about this issue emotionally.

Good start, Jules. You have always been "my girl," and you know that.

I have been pretty one-sided on this issue. I have defended the immigrants. I have done so because I understand what can happen when a mob turns its collective force against a group of minorities. I also understand that many of our ancestors came here in search of better opportunities. We took advantage of them and now we want to shut others out? I also think that most of the illegals will take jobs no one else wants. They'll pick. They'll scrub. They'll cut your damn grass. They will work for less than minimum wage and help keep the cost of things down.

On the other hand, I also understand the problems that come w/so many people entering our country illegally. The cost. The crime. The diseases. The tensions in small towns. The challenge of educating kids who do not speak English. I can also see that overcrowding of certain areas is a concern.

I can see many other things on both sides. I can argue/debate for either side. But, what I would rather do is examine all the evidence and work to come up w/solutions as to how we deal w/the issue. I have an idea or two, but I don't profess to be an intelligent man. The idea is to debate rationally, discuss possible solutions, and then narrow it down to try and find reasonable answers.

J
Legend
Legend
J
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
I’d love to try, I just don’t give it much of a chance around here anymore, but if people have the restraint to not react to the people who are just seeking attention or wanting to troll, It’s possible.

There are so many variables and issues with the topic of immigration. I’ve been staying in the west and southwest for the last 5 or 6 years. This last year I have been in an area just miles from a border town. I have some insight from the many sides, as both have legitimate concerns and it’s not as easy as anyone tries to make people believe in this forum, or in the world of people making decisions who are so far removed from reality, or only thinking about this issue emotionally.

All this said, if we want to give this a try, we need to make a completely different thread regarding this topic, and get it started with the premise we are discussing. That is the only way it has a shot in hell of surviving the usual boring chatter.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Okay. You wanna start it? People like you more than me. LOL

I might copy and past my last post, though.

We might get jfan involved. His last post was spot-on.

And again............I don't think this is about any of us "agreeing" on the topic. It's more about discussing it intelligently.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Okay. You wanna start it? People like you more than me. LOL

I might copy and past my last post, though.

We might get jfan involved. His last post was spot-on.

And again............I don't think this is about any of us "agreeing" on the topic. It's more about discussing it intelligently.

I use to be very active in the political forums from the very beginning, and have really cut back the last few years. I've taken a really close look at how I spend my time...and Dawgtalkers falls into the entertainment category. This is anything but entertaining, lol. I come to this forum for the shirts and giggles, and throw in a smartass comment every once in a while or will say a little more if I find the topic really interesting. I'd rather spend my time in the other forums.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Such Hypocrisy - Immigration

Link Copied to Clipboard