Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1640366 07/18/19 02:33 PM
N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N
The definitive study on this was done by NIMH, late 70's, I think. They went to Jamaica, where people have been smoking good weed for generations. I have no idea what they used for a control group.

Interestingly, the stated purpose of the study, published in a summary BEFORE the work was done, was specifically to show that potheads WERE lazy.

What they did was had a bunch of guys picking up large sacks, sugar cane or something, and haul them from one side of a warehouse to the other. Simple, straightforward manual labor.

The stoners actually did MORE work. Measured in effort expended, actual weight and distance carried, pure labor.

However, the stoners WERE less efficient, they tended to loose focus, forget what they were doing, and wander around aimlessly. They completed less actual work product. Don't know if they were average teenage boys.

Stoners have to have the job carefully described to them, more than once. Properly motivating them is tricky, you have to find out what they are interested in, and impart the understanding that more of THAT is obtained by first doing more of THIS. Or, you will bounce them out on their behind and get another one.

But, they are NOT lazy. Mostly unmotivated, kinda like a lot of average teenage boys.

E
Legend
Legend
E
So, basically, you train a stoner like you train a labrador?

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
But see, that really doesn't tell you anything about pot smokers. It only tells you about people who get high at work.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Totally disagree.....to an extent.

I think that the 1st 20-25 minutes of "the stone" I'd have to agree.

After that I think that "the focus" kicks in, totally destroying that thinking.

At least, that's what I've been told. rofl

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
Legend
Breaking news: smoking pot will make one lazy and unmotivated...while high.

Stay tuned for more ground breaking coverage.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Too lazy to read it

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I think this whole thread is up in smoke.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend

As Chappelle once said.

"you know you can function; you just ain't crisp."

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Nelson37
The definitive study on this was done by NIMH, late 70's, I think. They went to Jamaica, where people have been smoking good weed for generations. I have no idea what they used for a control group.

Interestingly, the stated purpose of the study, published in a summary BEFORE the work was done, was specifically to show that potheads WERE lazy.

What they did was had a bunch of guys picking up large sacks, sugar cane or something, and haul them from one side of a warehouse to the other. Simple, straightforward manual labor.

The stoners actually did MORE work. Measured in effort expended, actual weight and distance carried, pure labor.

However, the stoners WERE less efficient, they tended to loose focus, forget what they were doing, and wander around aimlessly. They completed less actual work product.

Emm Kay.
What were we just talking about.

Legend
Legend
Only a stoner would take the time to colorize an entire post this way.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
They need to switch from indica to sativa.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
T
Legend
Legend
T
I am not a stoner, have never been, and haven't touched the stuff,

But some how, some way, I lucked into one very important thing.

I am Dawgtalkers member 420 and you are not. - grin

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Don't front.
You pipe on the regular, Dawg.

I've read our posts for years.

If you have never piped, then Your Parents were Haight-Ashbury hippies, back in the day.... and they hid their past from you- back when they dosed you down in the womb.

_____

Just playin' tonight.
I actually enjoy your posts- all the time.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I think marjianua has its place in the world as far as medical purposes...making rope etc.
other than that I dont think smoking it accomplishes anything.
I hated the scent of it in high school.
coming back on the bus from a game.
guys getting lit up in the back.
"hey wanna a hit".
nope.
I always ask people that ingest that atuff daily.
if you needed a surgery or your child needed a surgery..would you want your surgeon smoking weed before the surgery?
I win every time.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't want that sugeon getting drunk before my surgery either. But I don't give a damn if he goes home after work and has a few drinks. I don't mind if he goes home and smokes a joint either. At that point, it's really none of my damned business.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

Whoa whoa whoa. I thought you switched the other way around. Sativa for your "doing the dishes" high and Indica for later at night when you want to be "in da couch" smile

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: gage

"in da couch"

One hit wonder by Iron Butterfly? wink

Legend
Legend
Better be careful.

Some sativa strains will have you mopping the carpet if you get reckless.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: gage

Whoa whoa whoa. I thought you switched the other way around. Sativa for your "doing the dishes" high and Indica for later at night when you want to be "in da couch" smile

Sativa during the day, and Indica for a good nights sleep. thumbsup

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I don't care what people do at home, so long as, kids are not being put in harm's way.

I just don't want to see people high or drunk in public in a way that endangers others. Flush your life right down the drain. I don't care. Just don't put my kids in danger.

Any medicine that works whether it's pot, opium, or whatever is fine by me if it's regulated and controlled to make sure the patient will be safe.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you depend on what the government determines will "keep you safe"?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Mmhmmm!

I think my nemesis is GDP. One trip with grandaddy and his stories and I'm done for the evening...

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Dude, you sound like you would be a blast to hang out with.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
So you depend on what the government determines will "keep you safe"?

Depend on? NO Use as a general guideline? YES. I am sure not going to trust the science billionaire drug cartels sponsor to show whatever they want the study

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Dude, you sound like you would be a blast to hang out with.

I don't know man I am pretty boring. About all I ever do is cook out with the family. We do enjoy our bbq though lol. Nothing I love more than being with my family and just chilling out.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
I am sure not going to trust the science billionaire drug cartels sponsor to show whatever they want the study

Science billionaire drug cartel sponsor?

Wow! I want some of what you're smoking.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Maybe he means like the oxycontin studies that said they were not addictive...

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well it is a thread about weed and that was what the previous comments were about.

But yeah, the government does approve a lot of harmful drugs to be consumed by the public. Oh wait, it was the government that he trusts. Never mind.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I said to use as a guideline PIT. I never once said I trust the government. At some point though you have to trust your doctors to give you medicine that is safe or why bother going to them at all. Just go die somewhere.

It's a fact that big corporations fund lopsided studies to produce a desired result so what they want to sell gets pushed through the approval process. You can always find a study to support whatever side of an issue you want.

What you have to do is actually read the research to see what they did. Then compare it to other more independent studies without corporate sponsors. Find the flaws in the studies and see if they match or overlap. Are they a point specific study that ignores other points or are they a more broad study that accepts both good and bad results?

The more narrow the study is the more likely that it has been engineered to build up a case to get some product approved while ignoring the harmful data.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Just a heads up: Don't attempt to have a discussion with pit. He'll stop at nothing in order to prove he's right. He'll make stuff up, he'll take a word you stated and make a paragraph about it.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
I said to use as a guideline PIT. I never once said I trust the government. At some point though you have to trust your doctors to give you medicine that is safe or why bother going to them at all. Just go die somewhere.

Lots of DR would recommend Pot if it wasn't illegal. Hell any DR involved with the Clinic is forbidden to recommend it by the Clinic even though they believe in it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Just a heads up: Don't attempt to have a discussion with pit. He'll stop at nothing in order to prove he's right. He'll make stuff up, he'll take a word you stated and make a paragraph about it.

And you'll interrupt a productive discussion to take personal shots. Way to keep it classy arch.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
You do it all the time.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Mmmmm hmmmm.....

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:

Lots of DR would recommend Pot if it wasn't illegal. Hell any DR involved with the Clinic is forbidden to recommend it by the Clinic even though they believe in it.

I have no problems with medicinal use. Just want it safely regulated and not abused.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You mean the same way people never abuse prescription drugs?

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You mean the same way people never abuse prescription drugs?

Of course they do but at least we have laws in place to punish those doctors who do.

It's simple man. Doctors and the medicine they prescribe NEED to be trustworthy. When they are not then hold them accountable.

Don't use the misdeeds of a few to deny people medicine they need. Have mercy on the sick.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Point being whether it's prescribed or legal for personal use, it will be abused by the ones who wish to abuse it.

It's been that way for decades now and it wasn't even legal.

All you're doing is setting a list of punishments for those caught abusing it in your scenario. More prisons, more incarcerated, more tax money......to solve nothing.

If the drug wars of the past 50 years have taught us nothing, it should have at least taught us that.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Yes, because of course we should do nothing that is hard or difficult. It's far better to just let drugs run free and to any and all who want them. Heck lets event help them get them so can have armies of homeless too lit up to care they are homeless. California is soooo great after all.

See that kind of argument doesn't fly with me. We make laws to protect the citizens from harm whether accidental, self inflicted, or from others either by accident or on purpose.

Drugs used outside of medicine is harmful. Yes, sometimes people abuse their medicine for all kind of reasons. That doesn't mean we deny people medicine but that we punish those who commit the abuse. The doctor should well know what is OK to prescribe so they are just as guilty as the patient. One thing that would help doctors do their job better is a national prescription database that shows all medicines you are on to make sure your not getting multiple meds of the same kind from different doctors.

I would also say it's stupid to just lock drug addicts up unless your putting them through rehab and combine it with mental health counseling. For some though they only time they will dry out is in jail. Here's the thing. People who are high often commit other crimes while their judgement is impaired. Should they go scot free or be allowed to use the excuse that they were high? Hell NO. Very few are in prison for a long time for simple possession. It's usually a slew of things they are in jail for along with several priors.

I mean who knew?! Being high leads to people doing stupid and self destructive behavior.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You still haven't got the memo have you? Weed isn't heroin. It isn't cocaine and the prescription drug company and your safety valve, the government, has done more to poison people than weed ever could.

You somehow feel putting people under control is some kind of answer. Yet in states where weed is legal, the use of weed in minors has decreased. You still can't seem to figure out that your type of thinking has always been a part of the problem, not a part of the solution.

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Pot Smokers are NOT Lazy!

Link Copied to Clipboard