I chose ATT UVerse over WOW bc ATT had the NFL Network. Not anymore frown

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: eotab

Now I saw NFL . com has NFL stream for $99 including preseason games.

NFL.com's Game Pass streaming package includes all Preseason games Live and all regular season games after their Live games have concluded.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Go to bar. You can watch all the games at the same time.

No Craps Given
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Again, not if Sunday Ticket can't broadcast CBS games (which it seems like they can).

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Again, not if Sunday Ticket can't broadcast CBS games (which it seems like they can).

https://www.directv.com/sports/nfl

It says every out of market game...

They arent going to sell you something and then say Oops We Lied.

No Craps Given
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
you spoke to customer service and they understood you?

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
They are sending me the over the air antenna free of charge 3-5 business days!!! nanner

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

D
Legend
Legend
D
Bro ... i ask for the cancellation department before i give my name ... customer retention is important enough for DTV to make sure everyone in that department speaks clear and fluent english ...

CONGRATS on getting the antenna my brother .. thumbsup

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Their English was ok it was their familiarity of the product they give us that was lacking.

The last one I talked to sounded the same as in their English. She gave me a $5 credit woopity doo and she was suggesting the hook up for antenna as I cut her off and read what was on the board to get...and she said yes, supposedly the norm was 8-10 working days but she put a rush on it for a 3-5 working days.

Her boss came on and he was elated that they had satisfied a customer I mean real excited as in they must have been getting nothing but complaints. I said this agent was the only one so for that has provided adequate customer service.

Still I'm going to see if I can get just the NFL Ticket in the future...nothing else. and secure a deal with Cablevision and see if possible and it should be cheaper.

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

D
Legend
Legend
D
Keep calling back and escalate it .. the cancellation department can do things for u the front line people can’t .. their authorized to give more away ... *L* ..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have NFL Redzone, otherwise, I use an internet stream to watch the Browns.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
I don't know how i still get it ...

just went and checked again ... cool ... Wayne Brady is now the host of lets make a deal ... love that dude he’s funny as hell ...

Next time u call ask if its regional ... not sure why else i get it in SC AND U DON’T OUT ON THE ISLE ... oooops on the caps ...

The blackout only affects stations own by Corporate CBS, not affiliate owned.

But since the broadcasts recording the games are corporate, that may affect your games on Sundays.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
They’ll get it resolved long before the nfl season begins ...

This crap happens all the time ... they always get it resolved even though ATT has ruined DTV ... they’ll get it done ...

I’d be shocked if it even goes dark ... as of last night i was still getting CBS on DTV ...
I have been dark for weeks. I don't get CBS or ABC right now.

I’ve been dark on CBS for weeks too.

[Linked Image]
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

I spoke to DirecTV today.

They said they will have CBS games even if the dispute is on, EXCEPT for the local CBS game. So if your local CBS channel is showing the browns, you will not be watching if the dispute continues.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: eotab
Their English was ok it was their familiarity of the product they give us that was lacking.

The last one I talked to sounded the same as in their English. She gave me a $5 credit woopity doo and she was suggesting the hook up for antenna as I cut her off and read what was on the board to get...and she said yes, supposedly the norm was 8-10 working days but she put a rush on it for a 3-5 working days.

Her boss came on and he was elated that they had satisfied a customer I mean real excited as in they must have been getting nothing but complaints. I said this agent was the only one so for that has provided adequate customer service.

Still I'm going to see if I can get just the NFL Ticket in the future...nothing else. and secure a deal with Cablevision and see if possible and it should be cheaper.

jmho
The don't offer just Sunday Ticket. You cant even get Sunday Ticket with their base package. you have to have the next step up - the Choice package in order to get Sunday Ticket

D
Legend
Legend
D
The real reason u moved comes out ... now thats a fan dawgs ... *L*

C
Legend
Legend
C

I spoke to DirecTV today.

They said they will have CBS games even if the dispute is on, EXCEPT for the local CBS game. So if your local CBS channel is showing the browns, you will not be watching if the dispute continues.

Awesome! Thanks for doing the leg work.

R
Legend
Legend
R
That sucks since the Browns will be the national game alot this year.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

I’d bet they just show the game on Sunday Ticket instead of it being blacked out.

I’d also bet that this issue gets resolved before the NFL season as CBS will want as many eyeballs as possible on its prized possession.

If it doesn’t, as others have said, you can get an antenna from Directv.

Legend
Legend
If the game is on your local CBS or Fox station, the game is blacked out on the Ticket, regardless of whether they come to an agreement or not.

#GMSTRONG
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

I’d bet they just show the game on Sunday Ticket instead of it being blacked out.

That's what they should do considering the extra cost of the ticket but it sounds like Tulsa has some different info.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
If the game is on your local CBS or Fox station, the game is blacked out on the Ticket, regardless of whether they come to an agreement or not.

This is true and I tried to bring this up earlier. Oh well...

C
Legend
Legend
C

I wonder if an exception will be made.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
received the Atenna thing from directv...put it all together and then hit channel two and got the same bs...

Maybe I got to go into settings??? to switch from cable to antenna Fedex Sat/Sun need to get CBS to watch the weekend! (Golf) can't play right now, recovering from 2 more surgeries. Got to rehab once again hopefully this is it and I will have good balance and power again!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend

I did this with my system. (Dish Network) It displays my *missing* (there are several sub level channels that I don't get through Dish) locals right alongside the ones I get through Dish.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
If you hook the antenna directly to your TV's coax connector, by way of a splitter, your TV's tuner will pick up those sub channels. You just simply won't be able to record those channels as they won't be going through your DVR.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
If you hook the antenna directly to your TV's coax connector, by way of a splitter, your TV's tuner will pick up those sub channels. You just simply won't be able to record those channels as they won't be going through your DVR.

Time to break out the VCR!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FATE

Time to break out the VCR!

Unfortunately it wouldn't be able to deal with the new resolutions very well. A 16x9 screen squashed into the 4x3 format may prove too funky to enjoy. Now you can purchase an OTA DVR through Tivo or Channel Master, but if it's just for the sub channels, I really doubt you're going to want to record those shows anyway.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend

I wanted the channels in the programming guide. Unfortunately, they don't display.

I can DVR programs from these sub channels. As you said, some are not worth recording, but there are occasional programs on these that I would like to record.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
This is correct, and I had confirmed this when I spoke to them. She said if your team is playing on the local station and they are still in the dispute, you will not get the watch them if its CBS.

Legend
Legend
J/c

I live in a weird place where it’s between Buffalo, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh ... so I don’t regularly get the Browns (maybe 4-5 times a year) .. that’s why I always root for prime time or 4:25 starts (or for the Steelers/bills to get them too)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Thank you for your help...I think I have it all connected correctly I just have to go into the settings and do what that video link says to do. I'm getting there. Physically I am limited as I got a 5-6 inch incision on my groin and its got to heal some before I can bend correctly. Going to post op on Saturday with surgeon will get some OKs on what to do. Want to Swim, want to go to the gym, want to go golfing...want to work. Haven't worked since 2016 I have had about 14 procedures done not including my Chemo and Radiation for Cancer. I should be dead but I keep hanging on. The Lombardi Trophy as well as Grandchildren is what I'm holding on to. But I have become a burden on my wife as I was the bread winner...that is no longer. Also I think over 2 million in services has been done and most paid by Insurance still we have had to pony up over 100 grand of our own and that has pretty much wiped out all my savings.

Got to get back to work but must walk without much pain first! Do my rehab. I feel bad for my wife who was basically working for our benfits and not the bread winner.

Sorry for the opening up....needed to get it off my chest. I will bounce back, I'm a fighter and a survivor. I should have died in 1999 but survived the widow maker.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
Dam bro, they've run you through the ringer. Must be pretty tough, a lesser man would have folded. Hang in there boss, it will be worth it. wink

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E

Thank you Tulsa...went to settings and followed the links direction the Directv took over from there and I now have CBS and it looks just the same and I don't have to switch back and forth I also recorded - Good clear reception also.

Will get to watch my Fedex Golf this weekend.

Can't wait to see the Browns Preseason game...well looking forward to the first couple of reps to view our starting O and D...keeping in mind the Redskins are probably one of the worst teams in the NFL!

Thanks again to all who have helped.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

NFL app offers all the preseason games for 99.99 with their game pass. But you can get a free 7 day trial (I did this to watch the game last night). I plan on just creating fake emails to do a few more free trials so I get all the preseason games.

Legend
Legend
J/C

NFL app offers all the preseason games for 99.99 with their game pass. But you can get a free 7 day trial (I did this to watch the game last night). I plan on just creating fake emails to do a few more free trials so I get all the preseason games.

Shoot, the NFL couldn't pay me $99.99 to watch most of the preseason games, let alone me pay them that amount. They crazy. Good workaround by you.

I watched the highlights of our game this morning on YouTube, that's my level of involvement in the preseason.

I do like the Redzone channel though. Also, on my PS4, I could have paid for the NFL Ticket. I submitted that I was ineligible for Direct TV and it passed. I said I lived in a condo that wouldn't allow external dish mounts.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
J/C

That's pretty slimy.

#GMSTRONG
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
J/C

That's pretty slimy.

I'm pretty sure that is for the entire season including the PRESEASON Games!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Direct TV NFL Ticket

Link Copied to Clipboard