Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1650267 08/16/19 06:35 PM
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I guess it helps to be the Patriots and not the Browns ...

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I guess a cat can have more than 9 lives when it lives with the right owner?

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Dave
I guess it helps to be the Patriots and not the Browns ...

Sometimes the NFL makes me sick.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I feel like the NFL just screwed me over again.

He gets a pass cuz he is a patriot?

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I admit to not knowing the circs of Gordon's most recent suspension, but I can't help remembering how many times Goodell and the NFL left us hanging - through our draft(s) and in the run-up(s) to the season(s) - not knowing if or when we might get what was basically our only playmaker back. Then they would reinstate him - but not until week 10. So now that he's a Patriot, after his umpteenth violation, the NFL rides in before the second preseason game and reinstates him with what is apparently a total non-suspension. Its annoying, to say the least.

O
2nd String
2nd String
O
Good I'm so happy for him...good luck Josh! thumbsup

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Will he last until Sunday, October 27th, 4:25 (EST)?

C
Legend
Legend
C
I will always be a Josh Gordon fan. I hope he is on the right track and does well.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I was a fan, and still wish good things for him. Kind of.

Just not this, not after all the BS that Browns fans had to endure.

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
Legend
I called this after he quit on them last year. The NFL wouldn’t suspend him. Annoying.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Robert Craft probably has video footage of Rodger Goodell in a massage parlor.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Robert Craft probably has video footage of Rodger Goodell in a massage parlor.

...with Josh Gordon on the table.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I am not buying the "NFL loves the Pats" thing. They suspended Brady for some BS.

What kills me is how Josh Gordon continues to screw up, removes himself from the situation while lying his ass off, and then keeps getting reinstated. The same crap happened here.

Legend
Legend
I hope he’s healthy now .. I’d put the odds as low for him to stay clean based on past history

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It won't last, he'll screw it up again.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

I am not buying the "NFL loves the Pats" thing. They suspended Brady for some BS.

What kills me is how Josh Gordon continues to screw up, removes himself from the situation while lying his ass off, and then keeps getting reinstated. The same crap happened here.

No team has been punished more by the NFL than the New England Patriots. Imagine getting your starting QB suspended for four games and losing your first round pick.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Imagine blatently cheating in the AFC Championship and getting caught.

The Pats should be named after Patrick Starfish.

No Craps Given
L
Legend
Legend
L
Yeah and don't get me started on the Tuck Game.

gmstrong

-----------------

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Now imagine they didn’t cheat and still got punished.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Now imagine they didn’t cheat and still got punished.

I dont fantasize about football games from the past. Especially when its not reality.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Week 8... Be there Josh.. The Browns are coming !!!

D
Legend
Legend
D
Good Luck Josh .. i hope you found a way to deal with your demons ...

Hopefully for your sake the 7th times a charm ...

Legend
Legend
Good luck. Not confident in him.

What kind if message is sent here? I don't see it as positive, which is at lest arguable. Not sure this project is the NFL's job. At least not anymore. How many more "strikes" should all players get.

Goodell's thumb can be on too many scales IMO. This one bothers me a bit, especially if the JG behaviors play out again.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
[quote=Bard Dawg] How many more "strikes" should all players get.
[quote]

It's not only this that's troubling, but the sometimes (seemingly) arbitrary punishments handed down by the NFL for vastly different "offenses".

I know, in theory, they are supposed to be guided by the criminal system and that fans don't always know the entire story, but the unsettling thing alludes to what you mentioned earlier in regards to it being the NFL's job. As an employer, maybe. As a arbiter of right or wrong - and the degrees, no.

Legend
Legend
I think Tom Brady is at it again.

He deflated Goodell's balls.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Soooo. A two week suspension for a player in stage 3? Seems about right lol. I wonder if part of the equation is the fact that Josh has stepped away on his own accord the last three times. Granted, a suspension was in order each time, but this was Josh and his "handlers" attempting to move focus to "mental health". In a sense, he's right. He's come clean and relayed the facts as the are -- he's an addict, he has been since the age of 15. Maybe now, at the age of 28, after so many seasons squandered, the NFL's appraoch is to try and keep him on the "straight and narrow" and do their best to help him stay on the field. I guess I'm okay with that part.

This adds a potent weapon for Tom Brady. JG, in a small sample size, is TB's most productive receiver ever. His 10.6 yard per attempt average is better than Gronk and Randy Moss. There will come a day when father time starts to rear his head, and put his mark on JG's career, but that time has not yet arrived. When it does, we'll see the real tragedy, especially if he has reached a place where he can actually stay on an NFL field. All signs say this won't happen anyway, but I can't help but root for the guy, as long as it doesn't affect the Browns. Sadly, this season, there is a decent chance it will. I hope not. "The gods" have been smiling on us, a big kick in the groin from Josh Gordon would be quite the betrayal.

Good luck, Josh.

Legend
Legend
J/C

Looking at the Pats roster, Gordon is a needed part. He will allow guys like Edelman, White, Burkhead to do their thing

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
J/C

Looking at the Pats roster, Gordon is a needed part. He will allow guys like Edelman, White, Burkhead to do their thing

And prevent them from throwing N'keal Harry to the wolves.

D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Josh Gordon doesn't wear orange and brown; I don't care about him. I was annoyed by the reinstatement because of Goodell's new-found sense of equanimity when it comes to Josh Gordon, a multiple/repeat offender, after basically throwing the book at him every single chance he got when Gordon was a Brown. Gordon played 41 games in 6+ years here while missing nearly 60 games, but its heart-warming to know that he has a chance at his first full season since 2012 as a Patriot.

Legend
Legend
Good point too

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Dave
Josh Gordon doesn't wear orange and brown; I don't care about him. I was annoyed by the reinstatement because of Goodell's new-found sense of equanimity when it comes to Josh Gordon, a multiple/repeat offender, after basically throwing the book at him every single chance he got when Gordon was a Brown. Gordon played 41 games in 6+ years here while missing nearly 60 games, but its heart-warming to know that he has a chance at his first full season since 2012 as a Patriot.

I guess I'm a horrible person but I hope Gordon blows out a knee.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
I love Belichick. Freddie should take some lessons from BB when it comes to dealing w/the media.

Legend
Legend
Haha, that’s so typical. To me, Belichick is mostly entertaining and the perfect coach.

D
Legend
Legend
D
For the 2nd time ... what is it Freddie does u don’t like with the media?

Legend
Legend
Eww boy another round of Josh friggen Gordon. Loser.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
I hope if finds some success in the time he has left in the NFL, and that it can act as a catalyst to a positive future outside of football.

#GMSTRONG
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
He must be out of cash again. He will come back just as he did here, only to leave again. He didn't have to go thru training camp, so I sure he might just stay a little longer this time.

I always liked Josh, until the video of him laughing at Hue saying they were going to let him go. It changed my whole perception of him. I bought the whole story pushed about him being a humble good guy. I followed him on social media, and the perception the team presented of him, didn't match.

I don't wish him any harm, but I don't wish him well either. He stuck it to the Browns after all they did for him. In my eyes, he is an ungrateful arse.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
He must be out of cash again. He will come back just as he did here, only to leave again. He didn't have to go thru training camp, so I sure he might just stay a little longer this time.

I always liked Josh, until the video of him laughing at Hue saying they were going to let him go. It changed my whole perception of him. I bought the whole story pushed about him being a humble good guy. I followed him on social media, and the perception the team presented of him, didn't match.

I don't wish him any harm, but I don't wish him well either. He stuck it to the Browns after all they did for him. In my eyes, he is an ungrateful arse.

This. A couple parts related to his exit from Cleveland kind of clarified his overall attitude and the way a bunch of things went down during his time in Cle. He's not quite the victim that he convinced us he was.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

When did they blatantly get caught cheating in the AFC Championship game?

The best I can remember is, they have video of the Patriots elderly equipment guy entering the restroom for about a minute, while in possession of some of the game balls.

There was an "independent" (but paid for in full by the NFL, so not sure how it could possibly be considered independent) investigation by Ted Wells which came up with something about how they found it is 'more probable than not' that there was a scheme to deflate footballs, and Tom Brady was generally aware of this, or some BS like that.

Interestingly enough, facts like how the pressure gauges were not calibrated, differed from each other, and so on were glossed over. (Did I mention that the report was paid for in full by the NFL?)

There was the high level executive in the NFL's football operations department that was on record as saying that he did not know the footballs would lose air pressure in cold weather.

There was the blatantly false reports leaked to ESPN which significantly understated the pounds per square inch of the footballs, making it (incorrectly) appear impossible that it couldn't have been the result of anything but tampering.

There was the fact that the Ted Wells report ignored the head referee's "best recollection" at which pressure gauge he used. The gauges differed and his best recollection would have been favorable to the Patriots, but for some reason they based their data on using the other one.

The 'more probable than not' standard is already dubious enough in a civil court, but at least there, you have a neutral judge or jury to present your case to (at least in theory). Much of the evidence presented against the Patriots would be laughed out of any fair court, yet these things were not fairly considered upon appeal.

I still don't know what happened that day but all the research I did at the time led me to believe that the conclusion of the Ted Wells report should have been that it is unclear whether or not the Patriots equipment guy deflated footballs because the NFL protocols were so pathetic and lacking that no firm conclusion could possibly be made.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NFL reinstates Josh Gordon

Link Copied to Clipboard