Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Legend
Legend
B
Great pick...hang on to that memory.

Take care

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Sorry for your loss and parting. Prayers for both you.

I am certain he will greet you at the door when it is your chance to see him again. Treasure what he gave.

Last edited by Bard Dawg; 08/28/19 06:59 AM.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
My condolences.

#gmstrong
J
Legend
Legend
J
I am so sorry to hear that terrible news, Portland. That is heartbreaking. I hope you will find solace in your memories at some point.

“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one is a life diminished.” Dean Koonz

“Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.” Mark Twain

L
Legend
Legend
L
That Twain quote is great...

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Port...sorry to hear that your dog passed away...RIP Samson.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
2nd String
2nd String
P
My heart goes out to you and prayers as Mrs P and I are going thru similar watching our "baby girl" of almost 14 years painfully hold on to remaining days the Good Lord gives her. Been crippled from the time we rescued herevening of Dec 23,2005 when someone in traffic 3 traffic lights ahead of us violently hit Lilly and left the site leaving her to die. She had broken hips,left and right,broken femur and tibula bones in left front leg.one spine out of place,concussion top of neck to neck base. X rays didn't show broken hips until 4 days later when more x rays taken after swelling had gone down ahd by that time healing process had had started but due to severity of damage to dismemberment of hip muscles vet staff and we decided to not put Lilly thru trama of braking the healing process to try surgery which still would not guarantee proper alignment let alone Lilly be able to walk properly or at all and go thru more pain and suffering added to that what Lilly had been thru. Portland treasur the time you had together,keeping the love you shared in your heart,may you also speak to Samson spiritually everyday at a certain quiet time set aside daily. The Peace of The Father and Son be with you during your healing time.

Last edited by Passionate Dawg; 08/30/19 03:58 AM.

I bleed Seal Brown,Burnt Oranage and White w/Chrome. It's a proud honored birthright and family tradition.
Legend
Legend

Sorry Port. That's a tough thing to handle.

Anyone who has had a connection with a pet knows how that feels.

P
Hall of Famer
OP Online
Hall of Famer
P
Thanks everyone. It’s been a tough week.
I miss him tremendously.

It’s all so surreal.
Like when you just barely wake up from a dream but still remember it... and for a few brief moments you can almost hold onto those feelings as you come out of your sleep. You lay there trying to hold on as long as possible. You want so badly to go back to that 'reality'... but you can't. It's gone.
Having Samson in my life was like a living dream. I woke up suddenly... I can't go back.

Kiss your dogs. Love your dogs. Raise them with nothing but positive reinforcement, love, and adoration. Life is fragile. You just never know when the last time you kissed them, looked into their eyes and exchanged that loving glance, will be the last time.

Oxytocin. It’s the chemical our brains get when we look into a loved ones eyes. That rush of joy. They’ve shown through studies that both dogs and humans respond to each other with that same oxytocin rush. That joy you get when you see your dog and it just makes you smile inside, and often physically too. That’s Oxytocin. Your dog feels it too.
In my 6 years I spent with Samson at my side I grew addicted to Oxytocin. It’s been a tough withdrawal.

I’ll be okay. I am okay. Just different. But still okay.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... My sweet boy (dog) Samson died this afternoon. My heart is shattered.

Link Copied to Clipboard