Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
A
Legend
Legend
A
You must not have read your articles. Typical for you. Read the headline, then go.

Talk to any farmers?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes, I grew up in farm country. Worked for a lot of farmers too. I have talked to a couple of them who have said that if this isn't settled by election time they're not sure how they will vote.

He told them that trade wars would be solved quickly and are easy to win. So far that hasn't been truthful and they're hurting. I explained to them that those markets aren't coming back no matter what. They're still not sure about that part of it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
You're awesome. A self known expert on everything. Kudos to you.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Well I can read a 440 page report in two months. So if that makes me awesome? Thanks!

See, that's the reaction you give when somebody answers your question with a serious response. You're a waste of time.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You're a waste of time.

The feeling is reciprocal. Best part? Anyone that follows along knows you are.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You've been beat down so many times in this forum I'm surprised you haven't been nicknamed the red headed step child by now.

So I'm not awesome now?

rofl

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
lololol sad.

Drain the swamp? Trump calls on House to extend GOP term limits for committee chairs

https://news.yahoo.com/drain-swamp-trump-calls-house-121618042.html

WASHINGTON – Responding to a wave of retirements by GOP members of Congress, President Donald Trump called Monday for the House to change its rules to let senior lawmakers keep their committee chairmanships beyond the current six-year term limit.

Trump, who made "drain the swamp" a mantra of his 2016 campaign, said that the self-imposed limit "forces great people" to leave too early.

More than a dozen Republican lawmakers have announced retirements this year, opening up new races and complicating GOP efforts to take back the House in the 2020 presidential election. They include Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner of Wisconsin, the second-longest serving member of the House, and Rep. Bill Flores of Texas.

Trump tweeted Monday that the answer is to do away with the party's six-year, self-imposed limit on how long members can serve as chairs. The six-year limit was created in 1994 to ensure fresh leadership atop the most powerful committees on Capitol Hill.

"House Republicans should allow Chairs of Committees to remain for longer than 6 years. It forces great people, and real leaders, to leave after serving," the president tweeted. "The Dems have unlimited terms. While that has its own problems, it is a better way to go. Fewer people, in the end, will leave!"

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump
House Republicans should allow Chairs of Committees to remain for longer than 6 years. It forces great people, and real leaders, to leave after serving. The Dems have unlimited terms. While that has its own problems, it is a better way to go. Fewer people, in the end, will leave!

7:08 AM - Sep 9, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
7,179 people are talking about this
Trump has previously indicated support for electoral term limits. He tweeted in 2018 that he had met with a group of lawmakers who "feel very strongly in favor" of terms limits and said "I gave them my full support and endorsement for their efforts."

The president has also frequently joked about extending his own term, a notion he says he brings up to tweak his critics and the media. In 2018, Trump reportedly told a group of donors at Mar-a-Lago that Chinese President Xi Jinping remains "president for life" and joked that "maybe we'll have to give that a shot someday."

Trump shared a tweet by Jerry Falwell Jr. in May in which the president of Liberty University said that because Trump had to endure the Russia probe for the first two years of his presidency that he should "have 2 yrs added to his 1st term as pay back for time stolen by this corrupt failed coup."

β€œTo announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Well I can read a 440 page report in two months. So if that makes me awesome? Thanks!

See, that's the reaction you give when somebody answers your question with a serious response. You're a waste of time.

Dude, you lefties are just freaking nasty. Could this be why everybody hates Liberals?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Everyone doesn't. Just those who hate everything that actually help people.

And I noticed you didn't say a word about how nasty arch was being.

#truecolors

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Everyone doesn't. Just those who hate everything that actually help people.

And I noticed you didn't say a word about how nasty arch was being.

#truecolors

From you, to me:
Quote:
You're a waste of time.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Keep whining.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Keep whining.
Eh, that's what you do. You do enough of it to fill every political thread.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Can you whine one more time? Just for me?

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Trump 4EVR! smh

40 is that you? wink

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Boy whose wife is that at the beginning of the video?

β€œTo announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Tonight's NC election results will be very telling about the future of politics in America.

Legend
Legend
Yep. Love that a lot of vets run under the democratic banner!! NC would be wise to elect the marine vet!

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The Republican won in the 3rd District of NC.
The Republican is leading in the 9th District of NC.

So far, so good for America. thumbsup

Edit for update...Dan Bishop, Republican, wins 9th District.

The future looks bright for America. thumbsup

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 09/10/19 10:26 PM.
Legend
Legend
Congrats for winning the same seat since 1963?

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
I figured republicans would win a special election in NC because turnout would be low. But don't let that fact interrupt your celebration.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Trump's presence in North Carolina was 'critical' to GOP's victory.

thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
Romney won this district by 12 percentage points. Trump won the same district by 12 percentage points. This race was won by 2 percentage points. Sounds like a giant step backwards.

If that margin dwindles by that much on a national scale in 2020, Trump loses.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Romney won this district by 12 percentage points. Trump won the same district by 12 percentage points. This race was won by 2 percentage points. Sounds like a giant step backwards.

If that margin dwindles by that much on a national scale in 2020, Trump loses.

Lib Media was spewing how this was a litmus test for the 2020 Presidential elections. Now like you, they try to pull little positives out of a Loss.

McCready, had nearly 100% name recognition with voters after running for two full years. A former Marine, McCready's campaign slogan β€” β€œCountry over party” β€” has resonated with some Republican voters. β€œHe’s acceptable” to Republicans, the source said. But still he lost to Bishop who only began running about 6 months ago.

Bishop was behind until Trump arrived to fix it. thumbsup

Legend
Legend
conservative media was saying the same thing. please stop it.

both sides knew that the results of the race *could* potentially give us a glimpse. not one person said it was a litmus test.

besides, a republican held the seat by how many points last time? it hasnt gone blue since 1963, so the fact that it was even close says yall got a messaging problem.

my litmus test? the fact that a state like Kansas voted a Dem as governor. or the fact that the dems won the house AND gained full control.

that special election only helped the dems. you should be thankful you didn't lose what little seats you have.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
No, he was not behind. It was a virtual tie.

I see you're having math problems.

12%-10% = 2%

A loss of 10%.

You're welcome.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yes, he was behind.

Try losing, again, with a little dignity. tsktsk

P
Legend
Legend
P
You lost 10% of the vote in that district and I don't see you displaying any dignity. I know math is complicated by let's try this again.

If Trump loses 10% of the vote in 2020, he loses the election. Just like they lost the congress in 2018. It's a basic concept.

And I didn't lose anything. I don't even live in N. Carolina. I'm just watching the voting trends and pointing them out. I know that troubles you. Facts simply aren't your friend anymore.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Here, try this math, it will be easier for you to comprehend...

NC Republicans 1 + 1 = 2

You 0 + 0 = 0

P
Legend
Legend
P
And you still lost 10% of the margin of victory in that district. If that's a nationwide trend in 2020, you'll lost the presidency and the senate.

Keep blabbing. It won't change that.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
And you still lost 10% of the margin of victory in that district. If that's a nationwide trend in 2020, you'll lost the presidency and the senate.

Keep blabbing. It won't change that.

he's not translating that.

bishop won a republican dominated district by 2%. a 10% drop in solid red districts means an absolute ass whopping in swing districts.

40 is praying that NC is just an anomaly.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Oh I comprehend all right, how wrong he is...

McCready, had nearly 100% name recognition with voters after running for two full years. A former Marine, McCready's campaign slogan β€” β€œCountry over party” β€” has resonated with some Republican voters. β€œHe’s acceptable” to Republicans, the source said. But still he lost to Bishop who only began running about 6 months ago.

Your scenario does not compute!

Legend
Legend
he had 100% name recognition.....in a republican dominated district.

very very few people expected him to win. everyone, however, were paying attention to the margin of defeat.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
He has a short circuit in the comprehension department.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Well then you guys can keep playing "snatch Victory from defeat" while my boys keep racking up seats.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
The NC races last night will have -0- effect on the 2020 presidential election.

You all need to argue over something else.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Well then you guys can keep playing "snatch Victory from defeat" while my boys keep racking up seats.

nobody gained or lost any seats. what are you talking about?

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: Swish
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

nobody gained or lost any seats. what are you talking about?

I suppose it can be construed as since there was an election, a seat was open, in this case two seats, the party that wins the elections picks up the seat(s). I know, this is getting picky.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
The NC races last night will have -0- effect on the 2020 presidential election.

You all need to argue over something else.

Ah, but that is what the Media was hyping.
It was a "Litmus Test" of the 2020 election.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Trump on energy-efficient light bulbs: 'I always look orange'

President Trump knocked light bulb efficiency standards on Thursday during a House Republican retreat, telling attendees that energy-efficient lights make him look "orange."

In a speech to Republican House members reported by NBC News, the president quipped that light bulbs that the Obama administration "forced" Americans to use were "no good."

"People said, 'What's with the light bulb?' And I said 'Here's the story,' and I looked at it. ... The bulb that we're being forced to use, number one, to me most importantly, the light's no good. I always look orange," Trump said, to laughter.

"And so do you, the light is the worst," Trump added.

His remarks come after the administration finalized the reversal of the Obama administration's efficiency standards on light bulbs last week and days after he made similar comments at a North Carolina rally.

"I'm not a vain person. ... But I look better under an incandescent light than these crazy lights that are beaming down," he said at a rally in Fayetteville.

The standards rolled back by the Trump administration allow for the production of bulbs that require more power to light, which critics say will hasten the effects of climate change by increasing U.S. energy usage.

β€œThis rule does not prevent consumers from buying the lamps they desire, including efficient options,” the Department of Energy wrote last week. β€œThe market is successfully transitioning to LEDs regardless of government regulation. Consumers are clearly taking advantage of the energy savings provided by LEDs.”

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-enviro...ays-look-orange

Well 'orange' explains this bizarre action of rolling back light bulb efficiency standards... and here I thought it was just because Obama did it. You can't make this stuff up.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/13/19 10:19 AM.

Legend
Legend
nah son. you look orange cause you was watching Jersey Shore and viewed it as a documentary.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Trump and Republicans 2020

Link Copied to Clipboard