Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
Sad "new" development. Does this surprise you? What an insane existence this must be.

Who will take Brown's side in this?

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Swish
Taken the accusations seriously, believe the evidence.

Apparantly, someone leaked DM's of a person saying they have proof the lady is extorting him and audio of her saying she was going too. He also reportedly filed a counter suit.

I haven't heard any audio, that hasn't been released, and these are just "leaked" DM's - hasn't been confirmed.

I think at this point, it needs investigated absolutely - but until its proven impropriety took place, I don't believe he should be suspended. Innocent until proven guilty. However it most definitely should be investigated by any and all means to get to the bottom of it.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Sad "new" development. Does this surprise you? What an insane existence this must be.

Who will take Brown's side in this?
There are not "sides". There is what happened, and what did not happen. Sadly, people will not wait for evidence to make judgements. Investigate, find out what happened. If true, prosecute him to the fullest extent. If not true, the accuser should be thrown in jail and forced to pay any and all legal cost.

Legend
Legend

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
i agree.

also, you have to wonder about timing. im not gonna comment on the actual incident and what he did or didnt do out of respect for the victim, because we've had this convo before in PP about sexual assault and accusations.

but this doesnt drop until after he signs with the patriots? and why a lawsuit and not file criminal charges?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Swish
i agree.

also, you have to wonder about timing. im not gonna comment on the actual incident and what he did or didnt do out of respect for the victim, because we've had this convo before in PP about sexual assault and accusations.

but this doesnt drop until after he signs with the patriots? and why a lawsuit and not file criminal charges?

We have. And I think in matters like these - consistency is key - for all. Accusers and accused.

As of right this very second - its he said she said. We do not have any other information.

So anyone saying he did something - is wrong. anyone saying he didn't do anything - is wrong.

Let the investigation take place, but until its over - his life shouldn't be interrupted or penalized until its proven.

I hope the NFL agrees.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Oh to add....

As far as timing as you said, its weird, but he just signed a larger contract with Oak before this, that would have lent more towards the extortion aspect I would suspect - he was more flush with cash when he had 30 mil, not 9. But that's all speculation.

She could be a victim, she could be a steeler fan wanting revenge, no one knows. But she deserves to be heard and the case investigated.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
1st String
1st String
Report: NFL to consider putting Brown on commissioner's exempt list
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1801145

The NFL will give "serious consideration" to placing Antonio Brown on its commissioner's exempt list after the New England Patriots wide receiver was accused of raping his former trainer in a federal lawsuit filed Tuesday, sources told Mark Maske of The Washington Post.

If placed on the list, Brown would be paid but wouldn't be eligible to play or practice.

It's unclear whether the league will make a decision before New England's next game, a Sunday matchup with the Miami Dolphins. Potentially placing Brown on the list is something the NFL "is going to have to focus on," according to one of Maske's sources.

The NFL has begun investigating Britney Taylor's allegations against Brown, and league leaders plan to meet Wednesday to discuss the matter.

Taylor intends to meet with the NFL next week, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The league could allow Brown to start playing for the Patriots, who officially announced his one-year deal on Monday, while the investigation plays out. In that case, the wideout could be placed on the commissioner's list at a later date.

Brown denied the allegations that he sexually assaulted Taylor on three separate occasions in 2017 and 2018 through his lawyer, Darren Heitner, who tweeted that his client intends to "aggressively defend himself."

In a statement, Heitner said "any sexual interaction" between Brown and Taylor "was entirely consensual."

Brown's one-year contract is reportedly worth up to $15 million. It contains a $9-million signing bonus, and the Patriots apparently included a $20-million team option for 2020.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Maybe someone can help me out, I am a little confused.

Did she file charges with the police, or make a report?

I get MOST victims do not file reports. They don't want to be branded or relive the incident - I 100% understand that. However, its weird she would sue him knowing that would be public information (basically reporting it, reliving the incident) if she didn't file a police report or charges.

Maybe I am mistaken in the process, please let me know if I am.

I just think its odd she would file a lawsuit against him but not file a police report.

Legend
Legend
She did not file a police report. At this point it's up to law enforcement or the DA to determine whether or not her accusations warrant an investigation. An investigation would determine probable cause and whether or not criminal charges should be filed.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: FATE
She did not file a police report. At this point it's up to law enforcement or the DA to determine whether or not her accusations warrant an investigation. An investigation would determine probable cause and whether or not criminal charges should be filed.

Thank you.

Then I would have to seriously question why she wouldn't file a report, but file a lawsuit.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Originally Posted By: FATE

Thank you.

Then I would have to seriously question why she wouldn't file a report, but file a lawsuit.

Well, at this point, with no police report ever filed, if you're going to file a civil suit, you might as well do that first. It may be different if this was "low profile", but the attention to this case will prompt a criminal investigation anyway.

M
Legend
Legend
M

I am in agreement with most here - if there is grounds for investigations then investigate. I find it an issue that needs to be reviewed/answered - why she filed a lawsuit instead of reporting it ... but with that said rape and abuse go unreported the VAST MAJORITY of the time ... I don't ever think it's okay to turn round and dismiss an allegation and downplay it because of the timing of when the alleged victim comes forward.

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/criminal-justice-system

The more things change the more they stay the same.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: mgh888

I am in agreement with most here - if there is grounds for investigations then investigate. I find it an issue that needs to be reviewed/answered - why she filed a lawsuit instead of reporting it ... but with that said rape and abuse go unreported the VAST MAJORITY of the time ... I don't ever think it's okay to turn round and dismiss an allegation and downplay it because of the timing of when the alleged victim comes forward.

I absolutely agree that THE VAST majoirity it goes unreported. I stated that too. But which brings my question, why report it in the form of a lawsuit, and not the form of a police report?

There very well could be a good reason, IDK. But it doesn't help with the optics of the case.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think the difference in a guilty verdict may have something to do with it. In a criminal rape case, usually physical evidence is needed to get a conviction. That would most likely mean that it be reported right away where DNA or other physical evidence could be gathered.

Because in a criminal case the burden of proof is much higher. It has to be, "Beyond a reasonable doubt". That's a pretty high bar to reach without physical evidence.

In a civil case however, a case only has to reach "a preponderance of evidence". Which is based on the more convincing evidence and its probable truth or accuracy, and not on the amount of evidence.

So achieving a guilty conviction on a civil case is much easier to get than in a criminal case.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mgh888

I absolutely agree that THE VAST majoirity it goes unreported. I stated that too. But which brings my question, why report it in the form of a lawsuit, and not the form of a police report?

There very well could be a good reason, IDK. But it doesn't help with the optics of the case.

Well, here, lets put the shoe on the other foot. Why report the crime, wait between weeks and an eternity for a response, only to be told "it's under investigation" ad nauseam, while you're waiting to file civil charges? At least by filing civil charges and putting the case in the limelight, you can be sure a criminal investigation will take place at greater than a snail's pace.

B
Legend
Legend
B

I don't like Antonio Brown, but I also don't like late claims of sexual misconduct and rape.

The woman says she was assaulted multiple times over a few years while under his employ.

Why did she remain under his employment as a trainer for a year or more after he grabbed the girls or whatever he did?

Seedy people with money get followed by seedy people. For that matter, people with money get followed by seedy people.

Money attracts greed and envy.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c

Does anyone else find the timing of this extremely odd considering the accuser is unavailable for questioning/comment for another week because....she's getting married?

Who decides the week before their wedding to file charges like this? That week is usually filled with chaos, events, family, friends, excitement. The wedding is basically all you're thinking about and doing.

Certainly not saying it means it's false or shouldn't be taken seriously and investigated - just that it's one of a handful of things that popped into my mind as odd and made me go "hmmm" about the accusations and information to date.

(In addition to things like her claim that this happened multiple times over the course of over a year - but she continued to be employed by him - why not quit?, and even go out to dinner with him one on one and come up to his hotel room after dinner, and apparently even slept there while he did "things" - why in the world would you put yourself in those situations after the first time?)

Last edited by GraffZ06; 09/12/19 12:34 PM.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
-Yes the timing is suspect
-yes the charge is dubious
-no I have no simpathy for AB whatsoever
-he orchestrated this whole drama of rebellion and media attention to get releaded, cost the Raiders a draft pick and put that organization through hell to get what he wanted..a chance at a superbowl ring. If you believe he ever intented to play a game for Oakland you are fooling yourself. I am very happy that they won thier first game. The guy is an immoral absolute piece of crap from the very core of his soul. I call this poetic justice and i hope he and the Pats lose out in the end beacaue I think they were both in on it.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Wow!

Legend
Legend
j/c:

Antonio Brown's former stepfather said he is not surprised the New England Patriots star has been accused of rape and sexual assault as he is 'very abusive' toward women

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...sive-women.html

O
Legend
Legend
O
That sucks and all, but doesn't really have much relevance to the accusation. Besides, we already knew he was a dirtbag.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Knight
-Yes the timing is suspect
-yes the charge is dubious
-no I have no simpathy for AB whatsoever
-he orchestrated this whole drama of rebellion and media attention to get releaded, cost the Raiders a draft pick and put that organization through hell to get what he wanted..a chance at a superbowl ring. If you believe he ever intented to play a game for Oakland you are fooling yourself. I am very happy that they won thier first game. The guy is an immoral absolute piece of crap from the very core of his soul. I call this poetic justice and i hope he and the Pats lose out in the end beacaue I think they were both in on it.

I don't think getting released by the Raiders was some kind of Master Plan to get to the Pats. He screwed up with the Raiders, put himself in a position where they took away his guaranteed money, THEN made it so they released him and signed with the Pats for a lot less money than he would have got with the Raiders. He's a headcase and I seriously doubt he lasts in NE. Belichick may like to pick up idiots like this in the hope the "Patriot Way" changes their behavior but the very second he sees that isn't happening he drops them but QUICK! The first time the dumbass live tweets from the Pats locker room or doesn't show up for a walkthrough, or leaves practice for BS reasons he will be released so fast it will make his head spin. Belichick does not suffer fools and AB is the biggest fool in the league. He makes meathead look stable.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
You might be right. But I keep asking myself this question. Who would be crazy(stupid) enough to engage in such erratic, irratoinal, insane behavior and put 30mil in of gaurantied money at risk? The helmet saga, threatening the GM with physical violence, posting a recorded call with his coach on twitter(which is illegal). It just got more ludicris as it went on. Why would he act that way? 1. He knew he had even bigger potential contract waiting at a team he originaly wanted to play for, 15mil and 20mil option next year 35mil all gauranteed. 2. The guy is completely unhinged and off his rocker. Then from the patriots side if AB is that unhinged they would have to be crazy themselves give that person 15mil just to sign with thier team unless..someone from the pats has been in contach with AB all along. The media acting like the Pats signing was some big shocker, I wasn't suprised one bit. Everything added up as soon as that happened. AB may be the mmost selfish ass in all of football but he is not dumb enough to throw away his livelyhood and career. Just my opinion anyway.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think his plan all along was to not play for the Raoders. I'm not sure when he made that decision but his actions clearly demonstrate that he didn't want to be there.

I'm not sure the plan was nefarious enough to rise to the level of planning out that he would end up with the Patriots all along.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Terry Bradshaw says he 'can't stand' guys like AB

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27611998/terry-bradshaw-says-stand-guys-ab

Antonio Brown loses helmet endorsement amid rape allegations

https://nypost.com/2019/09/14/antonio-brown-loses-helmet-endorsement-amid-rape-allegations/

G
Rookie
Rookie
G
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...with-nfl-monday

Says here that a rookie NFL player was present at the location where one of the alleged actions occurred per the accuser. That player will have to participate in the league’s investigation. Calloway was a rookie last year and he and A.B. are close, FWIW. Obviously that is circumstantial, but I hope for the Browns’ sake it was not Calloway so our team doesn’t get dragged into this.

Kizer rhymes with Kosar.
Legend
Legend
Good call there .. I bet it is Callaway

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Maybe it was JuJu naughtydevil

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Haha no Juju and AB have long hated each other (seriously)
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Maybe it was JuJu naughtydevil

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
A
Legend
Legend
A
j/c

I, too, when this first came out, thought "Odd timing. Why wait?" etc. Thought the lady might be just looking for some money.

BUT - the first paragraph of this article makes me wonder.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-antonio-brown-accuser-had-133239067.html

Quote:
The Patriots and the NFL didn’t know that Antonio Brown would be sued for sexual assault and rape before he signed with New England. But Brown definitely did.

Ian Rapoport of the NFL reports that Brown and his accuser, Britney Taylor, “engaged in settlement talks for months” before the lawsuit was filed.

Why would Brown even entertain 'settlement talks' if it weren't true?

And also, at this point, it's a 'he said she said' thing. No physical proof. But, IF he was engaging in settlement talks, it makes one wonder............doesn't it?

Legend
Legend
Just seeing that AB is active for today ... so watch him go for 10 catches, 150 yards and 2 TD

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not even going to venture a guess about his innocence or guilt, but I would think that NFL player contracts would have some kind of disclosure agreement where they would have to disclose to the team about any possible pending litigation.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I'm not even going to venture a guess about his innocence or guilt, but I would think that NFL player contracts would have some kind of disclosure agreement where they would have to disclose to the team about any possible pending litigation.

Apparently they don't.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm waiting to see how this all plays out before I decide to make a determination on that.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I'm waiting to see how this all plays out before I decide to make a determination on that.

What? You just said "I'm not even going to venture a guess about his innocence or guilt, but I would think that NFL player contracts would have some kind of disclosure agreement where they would have to disclose to the team about any possible pending litigation. "

I replied "apparently they don't"...............and now you're 'waiting to see how this all plays out before you make a determination on that."??????

P
Legend
Legend
P
What the hell does waiting to see if a player is required to disclose there may be pending litigation have to do with is guilt or innocence?

So yes, I would have thought it would be required. I have no idea if that is correct or not. So I'm waiting to see if it turns out that way or not.

What's your problem today?

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
I don't have a problem. Perhaps you do?

Re read. I'll try 1 more time. Here is what you said:
Quote:
I'm not even going to venture a guess about his innocence or guilt, but I would think that NFL player contracts would have some kind of disclosure agreement where they would have to disclose to the team about any possible pending litigation

And then I politely told you "apparently they don't."

And then you started twisting and turning by saying "I'm waiting to see how this all plays out before I decide to make a determination on that."

And I even linked to an article saying exactly the same thing I said.

Please.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Knight
You might be right. But I keep asking myself this question. Who would be crazy(stupid) enough to engage in such erratic, irratoinal, insane behavior and put 30mil in of gaurantied money at risk? The helmet saga, threatening the GM with physical violence, posting a recorded call with his coach on twitter(which is illegal). It just got more ludicris as it went on. Why would he act that way? 1. He knew he had even bigger potential contract waiting at a team he originaly wanted to play for, 15mil and 20mil option next year 35mil all gauranteed. 2. The guy is completely unhinged and off his rocker. Then from the patriots side if AB is that unhinged they would have to be crazy themselves give that person 15mil just to sign with thier team unless..someone from the pats has been in contach with AB all along. The media acting like the Pats signing was some big shocker, I wasn't suprised one bit. Everything added up as soon as that happened. AB may be the mmost selfish ass in all of football but he is not dumb enough to throw away his livelyhood and career. Just my opinion anyway.

I'd guess it's probably similar to why so many Roman emperors became sadistic killers and Michael Jackson became (presumably) a serial pedophile. Sometimes people reach a high enough pinnacle of success and power to where no one is able/willing/or inclined to enforce limitations on them or to simply tell them something is wrong. Mix that with a little mental instability that was probably there the whole time... Boom! You end up with people who engage in behaviors so obviously likely to bring it all down but they can't see it because their view of realty has become warped.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Antonio Brown Released

Link Copied to Clipboard