Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
V
Legend
Legend
V
He said that it "didn't bother him." Read before you jump down his throat. And Duke did not throw a hissy fit. Baker did. We'll see what happens w/him and y'all when his contract comes up. LOL

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Originally Posted By: bonefish

The thread is about Odell. But ok.

Baker was asked about some things and gave an opinion.

I may not agree with all he has done. The Duke thing didn't bother me.

In this case Odell went after GW. I don't see what he said as having the same impact as what Baker said regarding Duke.

Take it any way you please.

Why did the "Duke thing" bother you? You thought he should have agreed with Duke and said he didn't want to play here either? We paid Duke a pretty substantial contract for the amount of performance he had produced and in exchange, he throws a hissy fit and wants out? Great. Don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out. I thought what Baker said was spot on. You are either a Brown or get the hell out... We don't need him.

He said the Duke thing didn't bother him. I don't think it was tongue in cheek.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
Some talking heads are thinking this was a brilliant move. Odell now has the spotlight on Jets DB's...and the referees attention. We shall see.

I saw a good debate on this today. I thought both sides made valid points.

One side argued that Williams was in OBJ's head and he would have his guys go after OBJ [w/in the rules.] The other side argued that OBJ's words would draw more attention to the hits the DBs put on him and he might get some calls.

I thought both arguments were pretty good.

Legend
Legend

I don't disagree. I would rather have players shut up and play.

Normally I do not say a thing regarding players on a personal level. Odell's watch. Could care less. Some of his antics from the past. Don't care. He is a Brown now.

The Hue thing and the Duke thing should have been handled differently. But they did not bother me. Baker is about team loyalty. He took offense. I don't condone it but it did not bother me.

Odell went after GW. Maybe he is right. I mean Bounty gate happened and GW was suspended. But now is not the time and place. He was our head coach. He has friends on this team.
The team just laid an egg. Not the time to stir things up like that.

V
Legend
Legend
V
We probably don't disagree much about Odell. We do disagree about Baker.

I wish they would both shut the hell up. And Freddie, too.

These freaking guys are putting targets on our backs. And now that the league saw how the Titans got under our skin and caused us to react like a bunch of middle school boys, what do you think the blueprint for the rest of the league will be?

This crap irritates the hell out of me, bro. You were involved in sports. These guys are breaking a lot of golden rules.

Legend
Legend

Right now this team has enough on their collective plates.

Play good football.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So here is the thing, all off-season I’ve been propping the natural, symbiotic relationship of one Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckham Junior.

I just assumed it was all about football. If we are talking about a watch, we have gone astray from that path. I really thought it was all about the jugs machine at LSU, nothing more. I hope I won’t be proved wrong, because these actions speak to a brand, that distracts from this one.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Before week 2 we are seeing OBJ be OBJ.

I am suddenly missing Zeitler a lot!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Why couldn't Odell wear a really nice, but inexpensive watch like this one?

A Casiooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Before week 2 we are seeing OBJ be OBJ.

I am suddenly missing Zeitler a lot!

I missed Zeitler the day we traded him.

Flashy WR don't mean squat without a good QB and OLine to protect him.

I'm not sold we have either of those things.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Much ado about nothing really. He will wear it, the NFL will fine him and that will be it. I'm much more concerned about the lack of discipline this entire team showed last week and hope that doesn't continue. They better get thier stuff together or this season could turn ugly really fast.

Read what you wrote again.

You're concerned about lack of discipline, yet feel wearing something the league forbids is ok?

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
He said that it "didn't bother him." Read before you jump down his throat. And Duke did not throw a hissy fit. Baker did. We'll see what happens w/him and y'all when his contract comes up. LOL

Baker threw a hissy fit? rofl Man, you just can't let go how wrong you were/are about the guy.

Your definition of right and fair is as skewed as anyone else's.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yes. Baker never threw a hissy fit. He never criticized a teammate. He never called out a teammate.

Everywhere you turn people are trying to paint Baker the bad guy and some of them are our own fans.

The thing about Baker that everyone overlooks is that he doesn't necessarily talk trash, he says "welp, ok, if that's what you want to think, ok, I'll prove it in the field."

The ones who haven't figured that out are the ones who are trying to paint Baker in a different light. We should be embracing our team and that includes OBJ. A bunch here are like the Cleveland media trying to make a story where there isn't one.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

The last two posts are prime examples of folks who represent what I was talking about I talked about the drastic way posters view Baker and how they view others.

Grabbing one's crotch in a packed stadium is far worse than wearing a plastic watch. Calling a coach fake because he went to a new team AFTER HE WAS FIRED by your team is far worse than calling out a coach who was suspended for Bounty Gate.

I wish both would shut their mouths, but I have never backed down when it comes to treating people equally. That stance will continue and I don't care how many insults folks like WSU throws my way!

D
Legend
Legend
D
Thank god we have u here to be the moral compass of the board .. rolleyes ...

I agree with u right up until u wanna make it about race ... it appears to me thats what your doing here .... if i’m wrong please tell me what it is if it isn’t about race ...

I think your dead wrong to say what they’ve both done IN TOTAL adds up to the same thing but i do agree Bake has been as wrong as OBJ way to many times .... they both run their mouths to much ... but to put Bake in the same class as OBJ does not come close to adding up to me ...

1st off u have to IGNORE their entire history .... and Vers .. i think OBJ is a GREAT HUMAN BEING ... he does a ton for charity and for kids and IMO that trumps all this CRAP ... same with Bake ... GREAT GUY IMO cause of what he does for charity and kids ...

THEIR BOTH ACES IN MY BOOK FOR THAT ALONE ... thumbsup

U compare what OBJ said about williams to what Bake said about Hue ... i call BS on putting them in the same category ... i agree with u they were both DEAD NUTS WRONG in what they did .... like u said .. they BOTH NEED TO KEEP THEIR MOUTHS SHUT ...

but saying a coach came out and put a bounty on U cause U got hurt by a CLEAN HIT and saying what Bake did about Hue taking another job within the division isn’t even in the same COUNTRY much less state or zip code ... the CORRELATION ends at they both would have been better off keeping their mouths shut ...

Saying someone intentionally tried to hurt u isn’t close to saying someone dissed u .... the math don’t come close to adding up ...

What OBJ said was the ABSOLUTE WORST thing u could say about a fellow player or coach .... and u know that Vers ... not even close to the same thing ....

Same with Duke ... and i’m Not sticking up for what Bake said ... it was STUPID and DIDN’T NEED TO BE SAID ...... but who exactly did Bake put a target on his back for with what he said about Duke ... what, was Duke gonna miss a blitz pick up during TC when u can’t hit Bake anyway ... *L* ... once again ... the math don’t add up ... i’m wondering how long its gonna take u to come to the conclusion that Bake forced the Duke trade ... rofl .... that was a joke .. feel free to unclench for a second ... thumbsup

OBJ is a DIVA .... Bake’s a jackass sometimes ... HUGE DIFFERENCE .... and knowing that don’t make me a racist weather u think it does or not ...

U can spin it any way u want ... u have a hard on for Bake and don’t like him ... you’ve admitted u don’t like him ... U don’t think it affects your objectivity ... well YOUR WRONG about that ... it manifests itself on here daily .... and IMO this is one of the main topics that shines a light on it ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Thank god we have u here to be the moral compass of the board .. rolleyes ...

I never asked for thanks. I simply said I won't back down if I believe in something, regardless of the fallout from that stance.

I'm not going to insult you or belittle you for your opinions on the matter. After all, they are your opinions. I have mine. That's good enough for me.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:
Thank god ...

I never asked for thanks...

rofl

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
It's crazy how many of you defend Hue. It's mind boggling really.

Some of you need to shut up and get on the bandwagon and come to the Isle. The drinks are ice cold and there is nothing bitter here...

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
And it's weird how many people think Baker "runs his mouth."

We might need to have a seminar on actual definitions here.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Or we could have a seminar on the lack of comprehension.

Nobody is defending Hue. He sucked just like Sashi did.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Or we could have a seminar on the lack of comprehension.

Nobody is defending Hue. He sucked just like Sashi did.

This is irony at it's best right here.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Baker is a jerk to the media. As much as I can't stand most of them, it's uncalled for. It's a bad look. Makes him look unprofessional and immature.

Is it too much to ask the team to curb the talk and act professional?

Do these guys realize they have no capital here? That they haven't won a thing?

Legend
Legend
Capital is a good word to use ... we have nothing yet but we walked into the Titans game like we were a contender

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
This is irony at it's best right here.

Then let me ask you, who in this thread made any excuses for Hue? I mean since that's the false accusation you made.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
He either didn’t read the posts and just saw Hue’s name or his reading comprehension skills registers at like a kindergarten level ...

None of his posts even make sense ... there so far out there none of the other sashiettes even liked them .... rofl ...

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
and of course you represent what you were talking about. that said, the vast majority on here have forgotten all about duke Johnson, and really did not care much about it when they remembered. They sure do not care about him and hue. Only a small number still obsess over those things, including college antics. But for that small number of folks who do, here is one to add to your list. It has been definitively proven that baker mayfield pulled the pigtails of the little girl sitting in front of him in second grade. We gotta get rid of this cancer!!!!!

Legend
Legend
I heard that he also put a spider on her shoulder. A big, icky one too. wink

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Rishuz, I have watched almost every one of baker’s press conferences both preseason and after the first game. What “jerky “ behavior did I miss??

R
Legend
Legend
R
Seriously?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm not surprised you don't understand irony.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
From my seat Baker is a jerk to only those in the media who were a jerk to him first.

Case in point is Tony Grossi and Colin Cowherd.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm sorry my kindergarten level posts are too sophisticated for your preschool level knowledge. I'll try to dumb things down next time.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Yes. Seriously. If you are talking about Colin cow paddy he deserves anything baker said. I have heard him in 10-20 press conferences. They seemed pretty straight forward to me. Frankly I am way more interested in baker on the field than some perceived slight by a reporter. But that’s just me.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
From my seat Baker is a jerk to only those in the media who were a jerk to him first.

Case in point is Tony Grossi and Colin Cowherd.

It doesn't matter. Grossi is inconsequential. The fact that Baker would care that much and actually go out of his way to try and embarrass the guy during pressers means he's not mature enough to understand that Grossi is a nobody and doesn't matter. If you believe focus and attention are finite, then he's using some of both on something that is inconsequential and that's not good for the team.

This isn't college anymore. You don't need anymore chips on your shoulder. Grow up. Mature. Set a positive example for your team because they are all following your lead and acting the fool. Focus on being the best you can be. Put this team on your back and bring us a damn super bowl.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I understand your point of view. I just don't agree.

I don't see Baker as immature. I see him as someone who likes to have fun, but some misinterpret his words and actions. The Brett Favre reenactment photo is a good example of this...

I understand people want Baker to "shut up." I don't think he's actually "saying" anything. I think he gives off a cocky vibe, but he's just simply confident and pretty darn good.

Those who say they wish he would "shut up" should get used to it because this is the same Baker we're going to have in 15 years. At least I hope so.

However, we can disagree and that's just fine. I'll still buy you a beer.

R
Legend
Legend
R
If you are right, then he better start winning.

Tomorrow needs to be a dominant performance.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, to ask for we humans to be perfect isn't possible, we all dumb/immature occasionally- I didn't want Bake because of his crotch grabbing and running from cops when drunk/ or whatever....he ain't perfect, but he is surely passionate AND I hope he matures as he ages....we can hope.
OBJ comes out as a diva to me, he's a millionaire who does lots of good, but must be getting paid for wearing a watch....can't comprehend why he'd pay a fine for wearing it....AND, if a rules stickler or any opposing player SUGGESTS he was hurt by the plastic watch OJB gets SUSPENDED....he's real help on the sidelines. His stupidity to me is much worse than Bake's.

JMHO, wish they'd both review their actions and change....we all need to try to be our best selves......GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
hitt #1662836 09/15/19 07:19 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Lost in all the Odell bashing and Baker backing is that Odell actually played well and Baker stunk last week.

I was watching a morning show this morning and they were showing how Odell was getting open and how Baker was inaccurate. It's one game and I hope both play well moving forward.

As far as the comments from keith and device......LOL....not worth responding to.

hitt #1662837 09/15/19 07:26 PM
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Hitt, somewhere on here a poster did a chronology of events in obj’s career. It was pretty long and a lot of weird stuff. I assume we knew about all that but I think I would have stuck with perryman and kept our pick if I were making the call. Hopefully this will work out and our offense will start to perform as expected.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yes. I'm not going to hold my breath as I wait for the day you say anything remotely accurate about Baker.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Here we go Odell

Link Copied to Clipboard