Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
R
Legend
Legend
R
Or maybe he can get better?

Legend
Legend
And finally... Baker Mayfield is Trent Richardson.

Maybe Indy will give us a first now that their "Luck has run out".

Great take, KOB.

Last edited by FATE; 09/24/19 12:36 PM. Reason: forgot PURPLE lol

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Baker Mayfield is NOT a good QB,

I have not agreed w/folks who have anointed Baker as a franchise, Super-Bowl winning qb because I thought it was too early to make a definitive evaluation.

I have the same attitude towards your statement. It is much too early to say he is not a good qb. I think he has a chance to be good. It's not a given, but he has some good attributes.

Quote:

Mayfield has a 1-18 record against teams with a winning record last year....1-18....let that sink in....

What? crazy

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown

Newton will be NFL MVP with Landry, OBJ, and Chud.

I'm going to choose not to respond to the rest of the post the puts all the blame on Baker - using such phrases as "Lets not forget his 52 QBR vs the Chargers" .... while at the same time you forget that he was a rookie, he still hasn't started 16 games ... and last year he had the best or one of the best Rookie seasons as a QB ever ...

I would however like to point out that your assessment of Cam is just a little off. While a phenom athlete - Cam has never been a good or accurate throwing QB. He's now old, beat up and can't run without getting hurt. . . . the idea anyone thinks he'd be good with OBJ and Landry is questionable.

One quick question - any idea why the Panthers acquired Funchess and Benjamin? . . . and it still didn't help. They need 8 ft tall receivers.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Or maybe he can get better?

Im not sure he will. 16 games in you kinda start to get an "idea" of what a guy is going to look like. Sure you can work on mechanic things, but at the end of the day a guy is who he is.

Look here, week 15 against Denver

Every single play is 1st read, if the 1st guy isn't there, he runs right...All the completions came on 1st read, the guy hardly turns his head. He looks exactly the same this year, only difference is NFL D coordinators are not stupid and are taking that away.

Mayfield is a guy that has gotten by on pure athletic ability. In High School, College, Walk-ons, etc...even last year they just dumbed down the O and let him succeed on his arm alone.

That won't work in the NFL. I knew it for sure when I saw the Jets game, Mayfield didn't know what Greg Williams was trying to do. He was completely lost.

The Fact is, Mayfield is more worried about being famous, making TV commercials, and cutting grass for TV Ads than he is playing football.

I'd love to be proved wrong. I really wish he would too because time tired of looking for QB, but you can tell he never worked on his craft and hardly watched any film in the offseason, you can see it in his play. The NFL is full of talented guys, the ones who become good are the ones who study, and so far Mayfield isn't studying..if he was Greg Williams would not have been able to confuse him so easily.

PS: He had a lot to say about Daneil Jones, jones has thrown more TD passes in 1 game that Mayfield has thrown all year...I don't think he will ever learn to shut that hole under his nose.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:
Baker Mayfield is NOT a good QB,

I have not agreed w/folks who have anointed Baker as a franchise, Super-Bowl winning qb because I thought it was too early to make a definitive evaluation.

I have the same attitude towards your statement. It is much too early to say he is not a good qb. I think he has a chance to be good. It's not a given, but he has some good attributes.

Quote:

Mayfield has a 1-18 record against teams with a winning record last year....1-18....let that sink in....

What? crazy

The Browns went 7-8-1 last year, and 1-2 this year. How anyone gets 1-18 when the team has won 8, lost 10, and tied one in the time he's been here. (and he didn't start all of those games)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Baker has the physical tools and brains. All he has to do is study and work at it. It's up to him. He can be very good if he wants it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Freddie is almost Reddie...:)

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Let me make this perfectly clear, I do NOT hate Baker Mayfield. I like Baker, I warmed up to him during training camp last year, He is a guy I thought had potential.

Why do I want to trade him? I'll tell you why.

In 2018 we brought in a pretty good Qb by the name of Tyrod Taylor, a guy who made the Pro Bowl in 2015 and 2017. He had also won a Super Bowl with Ravens in 2012, and QB his team to a playoff berth.

In ANY OTHER CITY IN AMERICA a QB with 2 Pro Bowl berths in 3 years would have been given much more leeway than 2 games. Not in Cleveland though, we are just in a *** ****** hurry to put our rookie QB in to play before they are ready.

The Browns screwed up the plan BIG TIME. Mayfield was NOT able to beat out Tyrod Taylor in training camp/preseason. Taylor played better than him period, if Mayfield was as good as people thought, he would have beaten out Taylor.

The Browns screwed up because Mayfield was a guy that needed to sit, and not for a few games either, but for atleast 2 seasons like Philips River did. Mayfield is very raw, he has a lot to work on mechanically, it would not have been the end of the world for Mayfield to sit. what you are seeing right now is the Browns ruining another QB because they just won't be patient and develop anyone.

We would have won 6-7 games last year with Taylor.
This year we would be a 9-7 or 10 win team with Taylor
Year 3 is when you ideally put in Mayfield.

Good QB like Manning just don't fallout trees. Manning and Luck are exceptions, not the norm. drafted QB need to sit for awhile because the game is much faster and complex than it is now. The GOAT Tom Brady sat his 1st year.

We have rushed Baker Mayfield, and in the process we peeved Taylor so he bolted and left via FA...this team is 3-0 with Tyrod Taylor at QB right now.

Dorsey said the plan was to develop Mayfield, but he couldn't stick with the plan, just like every other failed HC and GM from Holgren, Heckert, etc...they just don't take the time to develop anyone. a year or two on the bnech watching film, practicing, striving to be better and beat out the current guy is part of the process.

Mayfield was HANDED the starting job from Taylor, he didn't earn it. He never beat out Taylor in a legit way. the Browns should have went right back to Taylor the following week, and won a game...its what most other franchises would have done if they had a recent 2 time Pro Bowl QB.

the problem is two fold:

1. Baker Mayfield was rushed into playing too early
2. He never beat out and earned the job from Taylor, it was handed too him.

Last year we should have sent Stanton out there when Taylor went down against the Jets, Baker was an investment and last year was NOT the time to cash him in, he needed more time to mature. He is already developing bad habits, and I have no faith our current coaches can correct it.

Its sad really, I had high hopes for Mayfield. When we got Tyalor I thought "wow we got a 2 time Pro Bowl guy, this means we can actually sit and develop our high draft pick" and when Taylor beat him out in camp I was like we really will do this right this time, but then he gets hurt in the Jets game and instead of bringing out Stanton, who has won some game sin this league, we bring out the rookie...much much toosoon...were paying the price for it now...

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Are you ignoring that Taylor got a concussion and then Mayfield played much better than him?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Let me make this perfectly clear...

rofl

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
You had me at Tyrod Taylor. Do you even read the drivel you spew. What crap.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I feel you should root for a different team.

I'm revoking your fan card.

No Craps Given
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Kob normally I let patently absurd remarks go by. But if the colts had judged Peyton manning after 16 games he would have been fired and never played again in the nfl. I am betting there are dozens more just like him. Make your decision on a qb after 16 games you will never have a qb.

By the way, if you did make that call after 16 games on baker I am betting his stats would look pretty good in comparison to most other quarterbacks at that point in their career.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Nobody was more doubtful of Freddie's ability for this job than me when his hire was announced. However, I think he does get it. I think he's working to improve things. I think the real problem was this team being overhyped and high expectations of fans starving for a contender.

I'd like to hold off on judging Freddie and Baker until the season ends.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/24/19 04:25 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Responding to Knight:

I don’t hate Baker, nor did I hate Tyrod ... so, IMO, Baker is sucking right now. Don’t know if it’s mostly scheme or him or whatever, but he’s been as bad as I’ve seen him since the preseason game in Tampa.

BUT, I thought Tyrod was worse last year ... he would never be someone I’d rely on to win games

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I wouldn't trade Baker for Cam straight up, let alone throwing in first round picks.

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
I wouldn't trade Baker for Cam straight up, let alone throwing in first round picks.

Especially since Cam is off on some sort of David Bowie-esque mental trip.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Im sorry, but...

Baker wasn't given the chance to beat out Tyrod. Hue said that from the get go.

Baker didn't need to sit, he needed to play. That seemed relatively obvious last year. Several quarterbacks didn't sit out their rookie campaigns including both Mannings, Wentz, Roethlisberger, Wilson, etc the list goes on! Its not a magic formula for a quarterback to become good.

I don't understand those who say Baker likes to talk, is too involved in making commercials etc. Baker doesn't talk, he answers questions. From day one he's proven himself on the field. Consider he's a two time walk-on turned Heisman. Anyone who asks if he's going to put the work in has a screw loose. He doesn't feel entitled to anything and earns everything.

A lot of what you say doesn't make sense because most of it has already been proven wrong.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Somewhere in the great abyss between KOB and device, the truth can be found.

Legend
Legend
j/c:

Well, the needle is pointed much closer to Device. KOB is painting some abstract fantasy... With some pretty broad strokes. I'm waiting for some weird theory for how we should have kept Brock Osweiler and passed on Baker. I'm sure he has some abstract stat for why every QB since the return is actually better than Baker.

I wish I had the patience to read all that junk - it's got to be entertaining.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
j/c:

We know you don't have it...

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
J/C

Well I guess we will see. I have my own thoughts on the matter, but things will be much more clear by seasons end.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Perception is often reality for many folks. Because yeah, Baker never talks. rofl

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: FATE
j/c:

Well, the needle is pointed much closer to Device. KOB is painting some abstract fantasy... With some pretty broad strokes. I'm waiting for some weird theory for how we should have kept Brock Osweiler and passed on Baker. I'm sure he has some abstract stat for why every QB since the return is actually better than Baker.

I wish I had the patience to read all that junk - it's got to be entertaining.

Keep thinking that. we will see in another 18 months...

O
Legend
Legend
O

Keep thinking that. we will see in another 18 months...

This is where I think everyone should be at right now. We weren't going to be 100% dialed in and clicking on offense in the beginning of the season, and that's not even considering the change in offensive scheme, injuries and other stuff preventing the offense from playing/practicing together. All that additional stuff just delays that process further.

Baker needs to clean a lot of stuff up, but I think he will. He showed some ability to learn from mistakes and improve last year, so I'm choosing to depend on that. Time will tell, of course.

I will reiterate one thing about he offensive line, though. If this Air Raid offense is what Freddie and Monkin want to run and aren't going to change back to stuff that worked last year, then this offensive line is a weakness that needs to be upgraded. Yes, those PFF stats show they're actually doing pretty well, but this offensive scheme we're running requires them to do better. Same with Baker, but he's a second-year player, and he's our FQB... we're not going to be swapping him out anytime soon.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
V
Legend
Legend
V
Another example of Baker not talking:

Quote:
Browns' Mayfield takes his own jab at Rex Ryan
play

3:43 PM ET

Jake TrotterESPN Staff Writer

BEREA, Ohio -- Baker Mayfield fired back Wednesday at former NFL coach and current ESPN analyst Rex Ryan for calling him "overrated as hell" earlier in the week.

"It's whatever," the Cleveland Browns quarterback said. "In the wise words of [Cleveland coach] Freddie Kitchens, if you don't wear orange and brown, you don't matter, and Rex Ryan doesn't have any colors right now for a reason. So, it's OK."

Ryan slammed Mayfield on ESPN's Get Up on Monday, after the Browns lost to the Los Angeles Rams on Sunday night to fall to 1-2.

"I don't get it. I'd love to be an offensive coordinator here,'' Ryan said of Cleveland. "If I have Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry, Nick Chubb and there's Baker Mayfield -- yeah, I know he's overrated as hell. ..."

When pressed to expound, Ryan said, "Look, I bought into the dang hype. I'm like, 'Oh, yeah' -- not to the point where everyone's saying he's going to be the league MVP.
Editor's Picks

"What's he doing right? Here's a guy right now that's a one-read guy, and then he's going to improvise. He's gotta realize that you are one of the slowest guys on that field when you take off with it. The other thing, the ball's not coming out in rhythm. You're staring down guys, and you're not that accurate down the field."

After coming in second in the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year voting last season, Mayfield is off to a rough start statistically through three weeks. He ranks 30th in completion rate and 32nd in quarterback rating. Only four teams have scored fewer points than the Browns, who are averaging only 16.3 per game.

Ryan was fired from two head-coaching jobs in the last five years, including the New York Jets in 2014 and the Buffalo Bills in 2016. He hasn't coached since.

Before Wednesday's practice, Kitchens came to the defense of his quarterback, calling Ryan's comments "asinine to even say."

"I appreciate his opinion and all that, but he's not in our building, he has no idea what we're doing," Kitchens said.

Beckham also dismissed Ryan's criticism of Mayfield.

"At the end of the day, when we go out there, no offense to Rex because I love him, we don't really care what you said," Beckham said. "'Overrated as hell,' none of that is gonna matter when you go on the field."

Mayfield, however, admitted that blocking out such criticism can be difficult.

"It's something you really have to be conscious of, because you're surrounded in an environment where you hear a lot of things, stuff pops up on your phone or stuff is on TV," Mayfield said. "People talk. You have to make a conscious decision to protect your locker room and take care of your guys and block out the negative stuff. And when they pat you on the back, it's even worse."

Despite their slow start, the Browns could still take the AFC North lead with a victory Sunday at Baltimore. Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson, who won the Heisman Trophy for Louisville in 2016, the year before Mayfield won it at Oklahoma, had nothing but praise for Mayfield.

"I feel he's a great quarterback," Jackson said. "He went No. 1 in the draft for a reason."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27700534/browns-mayfield-takes-own-jab-rex-ryan

The more he talks, the more shots he will take from guys who were in the league. There are a ton of former NFL players and coaches not happy w/Baker's mouth. I think he needs to shut-up and play. Maybe even read Tom Brady's comments or even Lamar Jackson's. Say something nice or don't say anything at all.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Let me make this perfectly clear, I do NOT hate Baker Mayfield. I like Baker, I warmed up to him during training camp last year, He is a guy I thought had potential.

Why do I want to trade him? I'll tell you why.

In 2018 we brought in a pretty good Qb by the name of Tyrod Taylor, a guy who made the Pro Bowl in 2015 and 2017. He had also won a Super Bowl with Ravens in 2012, and QB his team to a playoff berth.

In ANY OTHER CITY IN AMERICA a QB with 2 Pro Bowl berths in 3 years would have been given much more leeway than 2 games. Not in Cleveland though, we are just in a *** ****** hurry to put our rookie QB in to play before they are ready.

The Browns screwed up the plan BIG TIME. Mayfield was NOT able to beat out Tyrod Taylor in training camp/preseason. Taylor played better than him period, if Mayfield was as good as people thought, he would have beaten out Taylor.

The Browns screwed up because Mayfield was a guy that needed to sit, and not for a few games either, but for atleast 2 seasons like Philips River did. Mayfield is very raw, he has a lot to work on mechanically, it would not have been the end of the world for Mayfield to sit. what you are seeing right now is the Browns ruining another QB because they just won't be patient and develop anyone.

We would have won 6-7 games last year with Taylor.
This year we would be a 9-7 or 10 win team with Taylor
Year 3 is when you ideally put in Mayfield.

Good QB like Manning just don't fallout trees. Manning and Luck are exceptions, not the norm. drafted QB need to sit for awhile because the game is much faster and complex than it is now. The GOAT Tom Brady sat his 1st year.

We have rushed Baker Mayfield, and in the process we peeved Taylor so he bolted and left via FA...this team is 3-0 with Tyrod Taylor at QB right now.

Dorsey said the plan was to develop Mayfield, but he couldn't stick with the plan, just like every other failed HC and GM from Holgren, Heckert, etc...they just don't take the time to develop anyone. a year or two on the bnech watching film, practicing, striving to be better and beat out the current guy is part of the process.

Mayfield was HANDED the starting job from Taylor, he didn't earn it. He never beat out Taylor in a legit way. the Browns should have went right back to Taylor the following week, and won a game...its what most other franchises would have done if they had a recent 2 time Pro Bowl QB.

the problem is two fold:

1. Baker Mayfield was rushed into playing too early
2. He never beat out and earned the job from Taylor, it was handed too him.

Last year we should have sent Stanton out there when Taylor went down against the Jets, Baker was an investment and last year was NOT the time to cash him in, he needed more time to mature. He is already developing bad habits, and I have no faith our current coaches can correct it.

Its sad really, I had high hopes for Mayfield. When we got Tyalor I thought "wow we got a 2 time Pro Bowl guy, this means we can actually sit and develop our high draft pick" and when Taylor beat him out in camp I was like we really will do this right this time, but then he gets hurt in the Jets game and instead of bringing out Stanton, who has won some game sin this league, we bring out the rookie...much much toosoon...were paying the price for it now...

This post is soooooooo transparent......It has no merit other than its obvious intention...….bait.....

honestly.....

tyrod taylor?!!?!?

you can do better than that....

I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch......
Legend
Legend
Dude... research Taylor before posting abOut him...

He made one pro bowl... not two...

He won a Super Bowl as a back up... he had under 200 yards passing that's year and most of that was in game 16 when flacco was rested...

Yes he was the primary starter for a team that made the playoffs... with 9 win... and he scored 3 points in that playoff game...

As a Browns starter the Browns won 1 game... and that was the game baker took over for him...

Baker was better than Taylor... I wanted Taylor to start all year but baker was clearly better...

Baker needs to improve... this is his second year.l. This is pretty common for most their second year that NFL defenses catch up and figure them out..... I hope he improves...

<><

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
This is kinda weird:

Quote:
Damarious Randall disputes he had a concussion

Charean Williams,ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports 2 hours 11 minutes ago

Call it the curious case of Damarious Randall. . . .

The Browns safety missed the past two games with what the team called a concussion. Coach Freddie Kitchens announced Wednesday that doctors cleared Randall from concussion protocol, and Randall returned to practice as a full participant.

Randall made clear during his media access Wednesday that he doesn’t believe he had a concussion.

“No comment,’’ Randall said, via Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com, before commenting. “I was just placed in concussion protocol on Friday before the Jets game. I just went in protocol then.’’

Randall was vague, declining to provide details. He showed up to work on the Friday before the Jets game in Week Two and was placed in protocol.

“The symptoms was concussion protocol, I guess,’’ Randall said. “I was placed in protocol, and that’s really all I’ve got to say about it.’’

Randall added that he has had only “one [concussion] in my life.” Randall wasn’t talking about this one but presumably the one he had in a preseason game in 2017 that kept him sidelined 12 days.

https://sports.yahoo.com/damarious-randall-disputes-had-concussion-224123033.html

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Vers, Baker Mayfield “the person” is an absolute moron.

Does Mayfield even know what Rex Ryan has done?

He helped lead one of the greatest D in history with the 2000 Ravens.

He has a Super Bowl Ring

He won 4 playoff games as Head Coach of the Jets.

He won 4 playoff games with Mark Sanchez as his QB, Sanchez was awful!

He beat Bellichik & Brady at Foxboro in the postseason with Mark Sanchez as his QB for Pete’s sake.

Baker Mayfield needs to shut the **** up. Rex Ryan was justified in speaking the truth. Mayfield is playing like trash right now. Anyone who can beat Bellichik and Brady at Foxboro in the postseason with Mark Sanchez as their QB has the clout to speak up and say whatever the hell they want.

The more Mayfield talks the more I begin to dislike him. He hasn’t done jack **** in the NFL, he hasn’t established himself or earned anyone’s respect to run his mouth the way he does. All he is doing is making players around the league not like him. Earl Thomas pretty much said they would love to shelve this punk for the year to shut him up. He is just so dumb. Thomas is a guy who will late hit him and shelve his arse for running his mouth.

Mayfield needs to be quiet and play football let’s his play speak for him. You don’t see Brady, Mahomes,Goff,etc running their pieholes like Mayfield has done he is becoming an unnecessary burden and distraction. For the teams best interests he just needs to shush.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't like Baker either. But, I think you are over the top. The dude is young. He can learn. Rex Ryan is similar to Baker in that he always talked too much, as well. So, he can't throw too many stones.

I am hoping that Baker gets a dose of humility that helps him get his head in the right place. The guy has a ton of physical talent. I heard someone say today on a TV show that his arm was okay. I disagree. He has a plus arm. He is a fighter. He's very confident. He is not afraid of the moment. He has potential to be very good.

But, he needs to get his priorities in order, dedicate himself to his craft during the off-season, learn how to read coverages, and shut the hell up.

I do want to add this. I find it ironic how many of these guys who are making big money from endorsements and they turn around and get angry over the media attention they are receiving.

Two words come to mind: Spoiled. Entitled.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 09/25/19 09:50 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Vers, Baker Mayfield “the person” is an absolute moron.

Does Mayfield even know what Rex Ryan has done?

He helped lead one of the greatest D in history with the 2000 Ravens.

He has a Super Bowl Ring

He won 4 playoff games as Head Coach of the Jets.

He won 4 playoff games with Mark Sanchez as his QB, Sanchez was awful!

He beat Bellichik & Brady at Foxboro in the postseason with Mark Sanchez as his QB for Pete’s sake.

Baker Mayfield needs to shut the **** up. Rex Ryan was justified in speaking the truth. Mayfield is playing like trash right now. Anyone who can beat Bellichik and Brady at Foxboro in the postseason with Mark Sanchez as their QB has the clout to speak up and say whatever the hell they want.

The more Mayfield talks the more I begin to dislike him. He hasn’t done jack **** in the NFL, he hasn’t established himself or earned anyone’s respect to run his mouth the way he does. All he is doing is making players around the league not like him. Earl Thomas pretty much said they would love to shelve this punk for the year to shut him up. He is just so dumb. Thomas is a guy who will late hit him and shelve his arse for running his mouth.

Mayfield needs to be quiet and play football let’s his play speak for him. You don’t see Brady, Mahomes,Goff,etc running their pieholes like Mayfield has done he is becoming an unnecessary burden and distraction. For the teams best interests he just needs to shush.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Trolls gotta troll.

No Craps Given
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I understand it's difficult for the haters to discern the difference, but once again Baker wasn't "talking" he was answering a question.

Baker "talks" far less than most perceive, apparently.

I get it, he's an easy target... but there isn't another player in the NFL the media has taken more shots at than Baker Mayfield. I mean, he never said anything until he was asked what he thought about those comments...

Let me ask, if I posted on this board that I thought a board member was an overrated as hell poster, and if someone here asked that person what they thought of device's comments would that poster respond with, "hey that device guy is fine and I wish him all the best," would that person respond with, "no comment," or would he/she defend himself/herself and fire shots back at device?

I wonder how many here would defend themselves, and I wonder how many of those people are upset Baker does...

R
Legend
Legend
R
If he would have stopped at "if you don't wear orange and brown you don't matter" I'd agree with you, but it was the add on parting shot that looks bad. It doesn't matter if it's fair or not, it's just the way it works. Baker is going to take a beating in the press tomorrow for it and round and round we go. It's dumb, immature, and quite honestly makes him look unsure of himself even more than his play does.

Vers mentioned Baker is a gamer who's not afraid of the big moment. I disagree. Name one big game he's won. Or name a big game he's won with a game winning drive. If he could start doing that stuff, then maybe he can talk a little, but this notion that he acts this way because he needs that fuel to perform...I call BS. No signature wins in the pros to date. With at least a few opportunities to boot. Acting like a jackass all the time. If you're going to act like a jackass, then go win some friggin games.

He's crumbling under the weight of expectations and instead of at least acting like he's working on it, he's doubling down on his ineptness. It's madness.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jaybird

Baker was better than Taylor... I wanted Taylor to start all year but baker was clearly better...

In hindsight, it's easier to say this, but during that actual moment, I disagree.

Baker was not CLEARLY better. It was all optimism of getting a new toy. And even then, a lot of us wanted him to sit and learn, versus being thrown into the wolves.

And Tyrod would have won more games (as so Hue), if special teams would have stepped up.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
I understand it's difficult for the haters to discern the difference, but once again Baker wasn't "talking" he was answering a question.

Baker "talks" far less than most perceive, apparently.

I get it, he's an easy target... but there isn't another player in the NFL the media has taken more shots at than Baker Mayfield. I mean, he never said anything until he was asked what he thought about those comments...

Let me ask, if I posted on this board that I thought a board member was an overrated as hell poster, and if someone here asked that person what they thought of device's comments would that poster respond with, "hey that device guy is fine and I wish him all the best," would that person respond with, "no comment," or would he/she defend himself/herself and fire shots back at device?

I wonder how many here would defend themselves, and I wonder how many of those people are upset Baker does...

Comes with his job. He shouldn't even be reading about him, nor answering this type of questions...

I actually like him not being defensive and blaming others has an excuse,AKA the Hue Jackson move...

If he made the last play on the last game he would be a Hero, now he is a Zero - its in the job description... He will have a shot to disprove Rex this week.

Last edited by rastanplan; 09/26/19 06:41 AM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
One more thing on Baker talking. A popular defense has been that "Baker doesn't talk, he is answering questions." I think we all know that he is answering questions.

I'm wondering if some of the posters who keep saying that realize that all the players are being asked questions. Players don't seek out media members and start talking about other people. They ALL are responding to questions.

The difference is that most players and coaches know not to run their mouths in a negative way.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This is kinda weird:

Quote:
Damarious Randall disputes he had a concussion

Charean Williams,ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports 2 hours 11 minutes ago

Call it the curious case of Damarious Randall. . . .

The Browns safety missed the past two games with what the team called a concussion. Coach Freddie Kitchens announced Wednesday that doctors cleared Randall from concussion protocol, and Randall returned to practice as a full participant.

Randall made clear during his media access Wednesday that he doesn’t believe he had a concussion.

“No comment,’’ Randall said, via Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com, before commenting. “I was just placed in concussion protocol on Friday before the Jets game. I just went in protocol then.’’

Randall was vague, declining to provide details. He showed up to work on the Friday before the Jets game in Week Two and was placed in protocol.

“The symptoms was concussion protocol, I guess,’’ Randall said. “I was placed in protocol, and that’s really all I’ve got to say about it.’’

Randall added that he has had only “one [concussion] in my life.” Randall wasn’t talking about this one but presumably the one he had in a preseason game in 2017 that kept him sidelined 12 days.

https://sports.yahoo.com/damarious-randall-disputes-had-concussion-224123033.html

Not weird to me...oh the punishment is different..he got a concussion from saying he hated his ex-coach..I know you get what I mean...oh , while I don't dislike Mayfield, I was concerned about his development this year..much like my computer which doesn't like my password into this site, he needs some fixin'..And so does the HC..

Last edited by Attack Dawg; 09/26/19 08:11 AM.
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Freddie Kitchens..what was a crowning achievement before this year?

Link Copied to Clipboard