Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Joe Schobert was everywhere. He's great. Pay the man.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Good point about baker’s progression, Jay ... he clearly put effort into stepping UP and staying IN much more today

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
We came, We saw, We conquered.... and convincingly!
Even w/ penalties and a few bone-headed play calls.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
I do not even know our third wide receiver was when Jarvis went out. We will be so much better with rashard and Antonio back next week.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Originally Posted By: Cincy_Dawg
We came, We saw, We conquered.... and convincingly!
Even w/ penalties and a few bone-headed play calls.
But not as MANY penalties ... I can only remember about 5-6 costly ones (instead of 18 lol)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
i want to know how this guy was allowed to stay in the game...I seriously think every ref on the field today should be fired.. you want to talk about player safety but actually watch and allow this:

I feel this Jake Trotter quote is wrong.

On any other team, the fouls against the star get the flag 120% of the time.

On the Browns, nothing short of dismemberment get the flag.

So, the proper quote is "They get away with it because its the Browns."

No Craps Given
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Swish
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Am I the only one who thinks Ward and Williams should make sure they heal up nice before coming back?

i would be right there with you if our bye was in two weeks. but we got two big games before the bye. as admirable as our secondary is playing, we still need those guys.

We need them but neither was playing particularly well before they were injured. I personally feel like Ward is trending towards “over-rated” territory and QBs are starting to target him. I hope someone(s) starts pressuring him for his job. We need capable bodies in the defensive secondary but I’m of the opinion Ward isn’t all that great.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
i want to know how this guy was allowed to stay in the game...I seriously think every ref on the field today should be fired.. you want to talk about player safety but actually watch and allow this:

I feel this Jake Trotter quote is wrong.

On any other team, the fouls against the star get the flag 120% of the time.

On the Browns, nothing short of dismemberment get the flag.

So, the proper quote is "They get away with it because its the Browns."

Yes, exactly. It's so blatant over and over. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, but nobody else seems to care.

If I mention it at the bar to other Browns fans even they say stuff like "Gotta make it so the refs don't matter" or "can't complain gotta play better".

He's literally being choked... that's bad enough, the fact that it's DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF A REF, who is doing nothing is insane. It's a player safety issue. I'm not even talking about the BS penalties.

How many times can our players be punched, choked, our QB smacked in the head etc before Haslam hires a team of lawyers and makes a fuss!?

I mean, remember Harrison on the Steelers? he ruined like 3 Browns players CAREERS.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I feel that Ward will be Ok. He was a ball hawk last season until the concussions started

Typically, CBs need 2-3 seasons to become dominant. So I'm not gonna write him off yet. He needs to get back in the game and gaining experience. He will be fine down the road.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
i agree Eve, but thats 2-3 seasons of actual playing time.

Ward isnt even on the field. and he missed time last year as well. so far he's earned the injury prone label.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Today was a good day for Browns fans. The game we needed to play and statement win
in our division. Portland Trailblazers guard, CJ McCollum, was at our local Portland Browns Backers establishment and led the crowd into a final "Here We Go Brownies!".

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think that Wards history of injuries would be my biggest disappointment thus far.

[Linked Image]

Legend
OP Online
Legend
On a side note:

Our game today was a SCORIGAMI !!!

(If you don’t know what that is, research it smile )

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Today was a good day for Browns fans. The game we needed to play and statement win
in our division. Portland Trailblazers guard, CJ McCollum, was at our local Portland Browns Backers establishment and led the crowd into a final "Here We Go Brownies!".

How cool is that!!

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
We won and extend the Ravens losing streak when trailing at the half to 17 games. Go Browns!!!

I'm grateful for Browns football.
E
Legend
Legend
E

Ward isnt even on the field. and he missed time last year as well. so far he's earned the injury prone label.

Yes. So, when his hammy feels better he'll be back. And getting that experience.

And becoming the epic CB we know he can be.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yes. So, when his hammy feels better he'll be back. And getting that experience.

I love Ward and he'll be fine as long as he doesn't sustain any more concussions.

Even more so I love what Dorsey has done with building depth on this team. The secondary really hasn't missed a beat despite all the injuries. I don't know where Whitehead came from, but thank God we have him, he was spectacular today.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan

How cool is that!!
that’s awesome! Thanks for sharing

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect

I love Ward and he'll be fine as long as he doesn't sustain any more concussions.

Even more so I love what Dorsey has done with building depth on this team. The secondary really hasn't missed a beat despite all the injuries. I don't know where Whitehead came from, but thank God we have him, he was spectacular today.

Ikr, our D backups are really coached up. Props to all of them and our DC.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect

Ikr, our D backups are really coached up. Props to all of them and our DC.

Wilkes is doing an awesome job also, the defense has been well prepared each week. we all know week 1 was not his fault.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm about to make a statement. I really hope it doesn't become a tangent or become a referendum on the player.

Landry's speed is underappreciated. on that shuttle pass, guys with angels couldn't touch him. I actually thought he got into the endzone on that play.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Looking for an injury report, including Richardson,
Vice Grips, was in the tent for concussion protocol at one point,

Ward and Greedy's quads, or was it Higgans and Greedy, I mean I've heard of hamstrings for years, aren't they and quads the same,

Looking to find out who is healthy, and when.

Is Callaway unsuspended or is there some silly technical stuff to work out. What about Hunt, how long until he's available, One game closer I figure.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
D
Legend
Legend
D
That was FUN!!! About damm time ....

Freddie got better ... he built on the improvement from last week and also made less DUMB ASS DECISIONS .... going for 2 was hueesque .... just HORRIBLE .... i think he did one other dumb thing but i can’t remember ... he’s gotta ELIMINATE the STUPID!!! He shouldn’t have to learn that ... there’s a lot he shouldn’t have had to learn ... i just hope he keeps learning ... the talents there ... u too Bake ... good job today ..... keep it up .... thumbsup

I’m not sure what i think of Lamar ... he threw it better than i ever thought he could but i’m Not sure just how good he throws it ... had a hard time judging that today ... he is exciting as heck to watch when hes not playing u ... *L* ...

Lets hope VG is ready for next sunday ... we need him ... he’s the heart and sole of this team .... hes a PLAYMAKER!!!

Will be nice to have Calloway and hopefully Higgins back next week .... maybe one of the corners ....

Sucks we gotta go to Frisco with them coming off a bye ... they could have at least made them come here ... sons a ....

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Landry had a concussion, Richardson had a jammed finger or hand, Hunt is back in week 10, Callaway is back next week, Higgins/Ward/Greedy hopeful for next week

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

Is Callaway unsuspended or is there some silly technical stuff to work out. What about Hunt, how long until he's available, One game closer I figure.

I believe he is officially available as of tomorrow (Monday 9/30).

Hunt is suspended 8 games so he is out for 4 more.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: guard dawg
I'm about to make a statement. I really hope it doesn't become a tangent or become a referendum on the player.

Landry's speed is underappreciated. on that shuttle pass, guys with angels couldn't touch him. I actually thought he got into the endzone on that play.

Is it? See I always thought that was one of his best attributes is his abliitly to make things happen after the catch. But that's just me.

And yes I also thought he got into the end zone on that play :-)

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

T
Legend
Legend
T
The NFL did a whole show on that kind of play and none of the coaches could agree whether it was called a shovel pass, or a shuffle pass,

But anyone who's used an old coal shovel to clear even a half a foot of medium wet snow knows it's probably referring to the motion used to discard the snow into the pile,
I think it's a shovel pass, (could be shuffle, could be shuttle,) but to me it's a shovel pass.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
The quad muscles are in the front of the leg, and the hamstring is in the back of the leg.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I love that lol

No Craps Given
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I wasn't sure either on how to pronounce it. So I Googled it and the information I got back leaned toward shuttle. I'm fine either way. You know what I can pronouce?

WIN!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Even a lot of Browns fans say that Landry doesn't have wheels. I know he's not OBJ fast but Juice can motor. Game speed.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I gotta be up early tomorrow so I want to get one more observation in tonight. OBJ has taken a lot of hits in the media, mostly the national media but not exclusively, as being a distraction or a "me first" persona. Today he played selflessly. He ran his routes he stayed focused on doing his job and the team got the W.

The game plan will come back to him in other contest and I have no doubt he'll be ready when that happens.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I agree that Landry is the heart and soul of the team. He's an outstanding player, he doesn't complain, he gets the big picture, he's competitive as hell, and he's the most aware guy on the field. He knows when to call timeouts. Last two games he's the only one signaling timeouts to the refs. And they're appropriate. Everyone else is on lala land.

We are fortunate to have Landry on this team. His contributions go beyond the stat line.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: guard dawg
I wasn't sure either on how to pronounce it. So I Googled it and the information I got back leaned toward shuttle. I'm fine either way. You know what I can pronouce?

WIN!

I was told by a coach it was a shovel pass, instructed us to toss it as it was a "shovel" ...then again we only ever won 4 games with him,so he probably was wrong too haha

Last edited by tru_dawgs; 09/29/19 10:48 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I agree that Landry is the heart and soul of the team. He's an outstanding player, he doesn't complain, he gets the big picture, he's competitive as hell, and he's the most aware guy on the field. He knows when to call timeouts. Last two games he's the only one signaling timeouts to the refs. And they're appropriate. Everyone else is on lala land.

We are fortunate to have Landry on this team. His contributions go beyond the stat line.

For sure, he's been one of the key components to changing our horrible culture. He takes practice and preperation seriously. Can't really express how much I love Landry.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Wasn't Calloway injured as well right before getting suspended...and I don't think he was allowed around the team (may be wrong) So still have to worry if he's fully healed or conditioned right...But I think even in a scaled back approach he should help...at least take some snaps from Ratley.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Plus, he has a high motor

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
That was FUN!!! About damm time ....

Freddie got better ...

I'd like to piggy back on this comment.

One thing I liked was that Freddie didn't stubbornly keep on the same track, he adjusted once it was very evident what they were doing wasn't working.

How many times in Cleveland have we seen a coach keep running the same stuff that doesn't work?

We're trying to throw the ball downfield and he checked the ball down to Trent Richardson and the Indians on the choice.
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 40 Ravens 25 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard