Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I can't see us winning after the latest Mayfield social media fisticuffs, and I take back saying the Browns are a good bet at +7. I agree with lead....this team is lacking some serious leadership. Focus is in all the wrong places.

You two seem to agree a lot superconfused

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I don't think Baker's tweet has anything to do w/this game. I do think he needs to shut up and concentrate on football, but that tweet wasn't a huge deal.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I will also say that Browns fans deserve better.

This has to be the most loyal bunch of fans on this planet.

Yet we keep getting fed a poop sandwich. Then we get our hopes up, only to get another poop sandwich.

It's maddening.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I don't think Baker's tweet has anything to do w/this game. I do think he needs to shut up and concentrate on football, but that tweet wasn't a huge deal.

Summary, The Browns don't look like a team that's ready to win this week, to me.

Question,
set up

I was watching the SNF packers last week and the Gbay offense looked so familiar, (I hated it) I don't think it fits the afc north, I think the Browns were running the exact same O, each play after play looked like one I've seen Baker run this year with the Browns,
And what I keep feeling they need to devolve from, back to normal looking plays to have a chance in afc north divisional matchups.

I feel the trash packer offense, was evident in the late season loss the Browns had to the Ravens in 2018.
and the result was needing a TD and failing to tie late in the game.

The BRowns last week's game, same looking O, same result, Browns need a TD late to tie, and fail to get it.

The Packers on SNF, same result, the Packers needed a TD late in the game, to tie the score and fail to get it.

I guess I don't have a question except what do you think about that.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I can't see us winning after the latest Mayfield social media fisticuffs, and I take back saying the Browns are a good bet at +7. I agree with lead....this team is lacking some serious leadership. Focus is in all the wrong places.

So Mayfield posted some stuff on Instagram, and now we're going to lose because of it? Saying this team lacks leadership is a joke IMO. They are playing below their talent, but leadership has nothing to do with that.

Green Bay must be lacking leadership. They threw 4 passes from the one yard line and the last was a INT. Better check Roger's Instagram to see if he posted something that took away from his play.

So glad many have knowledge of what goes on in the locker room, while never stepping foot in it. When I hear the players talk, they all see Baker as a leader, and say it often. It's wishy washy fans and the media that start the narrative.

Last edited by Steubenvillian; 09/28/19 06:51 PM.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Quote:
They are playing below their talent, but leadership has nothing to do with that.

You don't know that. There is a good chance that it might be a real issue.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Quote:
They are playing below their talent, but leadership has nothing to do with that.

You don't know that. There is a good chance that it might be a real issue.

Nobody knows, but I don't see how people are claiming that there is none. The team seems tight, I just think it has to take time to become consistent when dealing with so many changes.

There is also a chance that it's not an issue, till someone shows me something besides some stupid Instagram posts as proof I won't believe it's a problem.

I* find it hard to believe that Baker is focusing more on social media than football. Players talk crap on social media all over the league, thinking that would effect their play on the field is ludicrous IMO.

Last edited by Steubenvillian; 09/28/19 07:02 PM.

Legend
Legend

Browns can't cover 'cuz Baker said AB froze his feet??
rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M

Disagree, Rish. I like the +7 quite a bit. Likely throw some on the ML for the Browns as well, but I certainly took the +7.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Quote:
I* find it hard to believe that Baker is focusing more on social media than football.

Not one person has said such a thing. What some are suggesting is that all the questions that are being asked by the media become a distraction for the team.

I can guarantee you that almost every coach who has ever lived that was worth a damn never encouraged their players to trash other people in the media. Keep making excuses for poor behavior.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: FATE

rofl

It's deeper than that.

I don't believe the focus is where it needs to be. I would be uncomfortable putting my money on this team because of that. I'm tired of hearing Baker talk and not deliver. One of the reasons I don't believe he's delivering is because he's focused on things he shouldn't be focused about.

He's lacking confidence also. His Instagram post that this whole thing off was him trying to convince himself he can still play.

I'm smart enough, I'm good enough, and doggone it, people like me.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: FATE

rofl

It's deeper than that.

I don't believe the focus is where it needs to be. I would be uncomfortable putting my money on this team because of that. I'm tired of hearing Baker talk and not deliver. One of the reasons I don't believe he's delivering is because he's focused on things he shouldn't be focused about.

He's lacking confidence also. His Instagram post that this whole thing off was him trying to convince himself he can still play.

I'm smart enough, I'm good enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Maybe you should read this:
https://www.brownszone.com/2019/09/25/fr...omment-asinine/

No Craps Given
R
Legend
Legend
R
I don't care about articles.

I care about wins.

When we start getting some of those I'd be happy to read articles about them.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I don't care about articles.

I care about wins.

When we start getting some of those I'd be happy to read articles about them.

So, you only care about what Baker has to say when it fits your negative narrative?

Because that article is full of Baker and Freddie talking about focusing on the right things.

But by all means you, and Vers, and all the other haters can keep crying.

No Craps Given
R
Legend
Legend
R
So why isn't he doing it then?

E
Legend
Legend
E
If you read the article it tells you.

No Craps Given
R
Legend
Legend
R
That article is just a regurgitation of their pressers this week.

The same presser where Mayfield displayed stubbornness, a reluctant accountability, and again treated the media like crap. While not performing on the field.

What was I supposed to get out of that article again?

E
Legend
Legend
E
That his focus is fine.

Yall are hopeless. In more ways than 1.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
That his focus is fine.

Yall are hopeless. In more ways than 1.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Whoopty hell!!!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Lose this game and become irrelevant.

I’m slanging hyperbole, and a little truth

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
That his focus is fine.

What were they going to say when called on it?

"We're sucking right now and we don't know what to do!"

Of course not. They're saying what they're supposed to be saying. Now just show us rather than talking about it. When did talk start meaning more than actions?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
No if we lose and knock out jackson for the rest of the season
we win the division

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I think this is a must win (at this point of the season) This team has under performed thus far. A win against the Ravens (whom look legit) will help propel this team, and shut off a lot of negative glow...

However...I don't think much will change from the past couple weeks, even though they like to talk that they are going to fix things...I think we will struggle again.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
[quote Keep making excuses for poor behavior.][/quote]

Keep searching for negativity towards him.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone
I think we are about to find out what the Browns are made of.

I have always thought teams that consistently win in the NFL are the teams that grind the best. Never give up or never give in, this is truly gut check time.

I also think the Ravens are made of paper, I really do LJ may have had success against suspect defenses he is about to see the 1st real defense of the season so will see if he is truly improved or just has padded numbers because he played against horrid defenses. I think the later is likely true.

This isn't a must win but its awfully close to a must. It sure would go a long ways towards making everyone on the team/fans/coaches feel a lot better about where we are going.

It's time to grind.

See it was time to grind and the Rats ended up in the grinder.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Definitely made the necessary adjustments. thumbsup

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
To answer ... YES it was a must win smile

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Not sure how this happened because baker was clearly not focused. After all he tweeted some crap with brown earlier in the week and there is no way he could have gotten his focus back. And dang, he has made a couple of commercials too. Fortunately our qb and our team and our coach have way more faith in themselves than some of the “fans” on this board.

B
1st String
1st String
B
Agreed D4Life, it was definitely a must win, 1-3 is never a good place to be.

Legend
Legend
I really hope today was a must win, because we matched up well, and we passed our gut check. It had nothing to do with tweeting or other stuff mentioned about BM earlier this week. Realistically, it was good enough when it counted, an maybe a wee bit more. Sometimes, that is the most you can ask for, and all you can expect. Some of this other noise is just knitting distractions. Are we better off without it? Sure. Did it impact meaningfully today. Simply no.

Get ready. More on the way!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: keithfromxenia
Not sure how this happened because baker was clearly not focused. After all he tweeted some crap with brown earlier in the week and there is no way he could have gotten his focus back. And dang, he has made a couple of commercials too. Fortunately our qb and our team and our coach have way more faith in themselves than some of the “fans” on this board.

They need to earn the faith.

They took a big step today.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
This was a huge win for the Browns. I really do think it was a must-win game and the team made a big statement. We beat them pretty bad on their home field.

The season looks entirely different now than it did before the game. This game was fun to watch.

E
Legend
Legend
E
This was a huge win for the Browns. I really do think it was a must-win game and the team made a big statement. We beat them pretty bad on their home field.

The season looks entirely different now than it did before the game. This game was fun to watch.

I agree.

It's like the talking head said...we are a young team that needs to gel.

Well, we did a lot of gelling today. Our future opponents might be a bit concerned.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O

It was easy to forget that we were in their house when we whooped them. Our fans showed up.

I don't remember what I said earlier in the week in this thread. I don't know about the whole "must win" thing so early in the season (but I think I'm just getting caught up in silly semantics).

We waxed a divisional opponent that usually embarrasses us... in their house. They had all the momentum going into the game, and we had silly instagram/twitter feuds. With us getting such a convincing win, this is such a huge win for this team. I gotta rewatch, as I was mostly following around on the radio and/or online tracker. Sounds like we came a long way in terms of scheme, execution, and chemistry. That's almost better to hear than the final score.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I think we learned we could close out a game against a good team.

Legend
Legend
This is a "won" game. laugh

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
1st String
1st String
B
I truly hope this is a sign of better things to come and I believe it is. Go Browns.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
The next 3 games are the buzzsaw.. yes this was a must win game.

Travel to the 9ers as they're getting off their bye on a monday night. If that doesn't spell B-U-Z-Z-S-A-W then I don't know what does.

Then they get the Hawks at home.

Then they get a bye...

But come back against the fricken Patriots. (They have 2 weeks to prepare) There is no reason why they shouldn't come out and play inspired ball after the bye.

The next 8 after that are all winnable games. There is no excuse not to go 7-1 through the back half of this schedule. Steelers are without Ben... Miami is trash, Bengals are trash, Broncos are a tough 0-4 team. and they get a Home against the next Division contender.

Keep an eye on how well Balt does against the NFC West as that's gonna be the deciding factor.

Winning at Baltimore is a statement game.

I still say 10-6 can win the division and I still think 11-5 is where they might land.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Yesterdays big win had to ruin a few peoples day.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 40 Ravens 25 Is This a Must Win Game?

Link Copied to Clipboard