Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Legend
Legend
See we agree sometimes brownie

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
You have your opinion, and I have mine bro thumbsup

You support trump, that’s all I need to know. Enjoying the basket ride?

I think Trump is a selfish, ignorant, stupid, assclown. So you don't know much then.

You voted for a deplorable pos, and you’re proud of it. I know that.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
If Warren were to somehow get elected, I'd want an impeachment inquiry on day 1.

Well as long as the Democrats assign a Democratic special prosecutor first. You know, like Rosenstein did with Mueller. You keep blaming Mueller on the democrats when it was a Trump appointee who named him special prosecutor to begin with and Mueller too is a Republican.

Somebody needs to write the book, "The Mueller Investigation For Dummmies".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Well, it can either be the 2nd amendment or the Republicans can fund a fake dossier, give it to the FISA court, and say that the Democrats got help from a foreign power to win the election. We can make something up just like the Mueller thing.

The constitution has been amended 27 times. Stop acting like it can't happen again. There is no sacred cow.

Once again, Mueller is a Republican who was appointed by Rosenstein who is also a Republican and was appointed to his job by Trump. Get it right for a change.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Somebody needs to write the book, "The Mueller Investigation For Dummmies".

Those who need it will never read it.
Too many multiple-syllable words in the title.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Once again you prove that you know nothing. tsktsk

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Every president from now on will have to be impeached if the opposing party has control of the House.

It is just where we are as a country.

Legend
Legend
?? lol what? where do yall come up with these outlandish claims?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
You have your opinion, and I have mine bro thumbsup

You support trump, that’s all I need to know. Enjoying the basket ride?

I think Trump is a selfish, ignorant, stupid, assclown. So you don't know much then.

As opposed to voting for a bigger and more deplorable POS.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
As opposed to voting for a bigger and more deplorable POS.

I'm pretty sure that Trump is not only larger than Hillary, but weighs more too. I mean if we're actually going to compare which POS is "bigger".

There's only one actual matter at the time. Trump is president and Hillary isn't. Trump will be jidged by what he's done. Saying, "Hillary this" and "Obama that" isn't going to change that.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
lets go Warren!

Mark Zuckerberg Says What He Thinks About Elizabeth Warren In Leaked Audio

https://news.yahoo.com/mark-zuckerberg-facebook-elizabeth-warren-141255606.html

Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg told employees he’s ready to “go to the mat and ... fight” Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and other politicians who have called for big tech companies to be broken up, and predicted the social media giant will prevail even if Warren wins the presidency in 2020.

“There might be a political movement where people are angry at the tech companies or are worried about concentration or worried about different issues and worried that they’re not being handled well,” Zuckerberg told Facebook employees in Q&A sessions in July, according to leaked audio recordings published by The Verge on Tuesday. “That doesn’t mean that, even if there’s anger and that you have someone like Elizabeth Warren who thinks that the right answer is to break up the companies. I mean, if she gets elected president, then I would bet that we will have a legal challenge, and I would bet that we will win the legal challenge.”

He continued:

Does that still suck for us? Yeah. I mean, I don’t want to have a major lawsuit against our own government. I mean, that’s not the position that you want to be in … It’s like, we care about our country and want to work with our government and do good things. But look, at the end of the day, if someone’s going to try to threaten something that existential, you go to the mat and you fight.

Warren responded to the disclosure by reiterating her plan to break up tech giants, tweeting Tuesday: “What would really ‘suck’ is if we don’t fix a corrupt system that lets giant companies like Facebook engage in illegal anticompetitive practices, stomp on consumer privacy rights, and repeatedly fumble their responsibility to protect our democracy.”

Elizabeth Warren
✔
@ewarren
What would really “suck” is if we don’t fix a corrupt system that lets giant companies like Facebook engage in illegal anticompetitive practices, stomp on consumer privacy rights, and repeatedly fumble their responsibility to protect our democracy. https://twitter.com/JimPethokoukis/status/1179008259367284741

9:20 AM - Oct 1, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
10.2K people are talking about this
Facebook has repeatedly come under fire for privacy concerns, potential antitrust violations, its role in election interference and the dissemination of hate speech, online abuse and disinformation.

Warren has called for big tech companies like Facebook, Google and Amazon to be broken up, warning of their threats to competition, privacy and free speech.

“Today’s big tech companies have too much power ― too much power over our economy, our society, and our democracy. They’ve bulldozed competition, used our private information for profit, and tilted the playing field against everyone else,” Warren wrote in March. “We need to stop this generation of big tech companies from throwing around their political power to shape the rules in their favor and throwing around their economic power to snuff out or buy up every potential competitor.”

Several other Democratic candidates have taken similar positions, including Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.). Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) has said she would “seriously take a look at” breaking up Facebook, calling it “essentially a utility that has gone unregulated.”

Part of Warren’s plan would involve more regulation of “anti-competitive mergers,” like Facebook’s acquisition of Instagram.

“Unwinding these mergers will promote healthy competition in the market ― which will put pressure on big tech companies to be more responsive to user concerns, including about privacy,” Warren said in March.

According to the leaked audio, Zuckerberg reassured employees that “the rule of law” is on Facebook’s side. He said “the case is not particularly strong” against the company, arguing that election interference and the spread of hate speech could be “more likely” if social media giants were “more fragmented.”

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Awesome ...go lizzy

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Wall Street is starting to believe Warren may win nomination, putting health and bank stocks at risk

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/01/elizabet...-care-tech.html

lol they're shook

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
At this point if I had to venture a guess, she will be the nominee.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
i agree. i know she might be too left for you man but you gotta understand from my point of view, she makes so much sense and is way better than Bernie. She's a capitalist who believes in having real oversight to make sure corporations are acting legally and ethically, but she isn't bernie, who thinks we shouldnt have billionairs at all.

and i love her infrastructure plan, especially with green tech, that will invest into the people for a change, not foreign countries that want nothing to do with us.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
One thing I realize during every election cycle. What a candidate wants to get done and what they can actually get done are two different things. I too like some of her plans but I think her math is a little fuzzy.

wink

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
well, if the republicans lose the senate, as the house most likely stays Dem, Warren's plans are far more realistic to get passed than Bernie's.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Yep. She's going to be the nominee, then the next President.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't believe that a lot of her ideas will pass in their current form.

After some compromise, yes. But there are a lot of democrats in districts that are purple. If they go too far liberal they'll lose their political careers. And one thing we know, politicians care most about power.

If I were actually convinced she could just cram everything she wants through, I would be worried. I'm not.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
no president gets everything they want.

i think she will get atleast 2 of her major plans through though. and depending on what those two end up being, will determine if she gets a 2nd term.

im just glad she's beating biden in some states, and gaining in a lot of others. im even more happy she's starting to smoke bernie.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
jc

Breaking: sanders hospitalized after blockage found in arteries.

________

sorry OCD, but we have legitimate concerns on bernie's physical fitness. i understand that it could be minor but...its not good. i am hoping that he is healthy and remains so, but i have to be honest and say its another knock on his ability to hold office.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
You know I love Bernie, but I think this race would be better if he through his support behind Liz, and now would be a good time/reason to do it. He should go live his life, he's not going to beat Liz anyway. Plus Liz will take that 'want a woman POTUS' vote too.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Swish
jc

________

sorry OCD, but we have legitimate concerns on bernie's physical fitness. i understand that it could be minor but...its not good. i am hoping that he is healthy and remains so, but i have to be honest and say its another knock on his ability to hold office.

Hope he is ok. I don't wish harm on any candidate.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh I'm not saying she won't get some things through, but they won't be in their current form as she is proposing them.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Oh for sure. I agree.

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
jc

________

I would agree with that.

While it's obviously a bad thing for Bernie the person, it might be a good thing for it to have happened now rather than later in campaign - for the democratic party.

Let me explain that more before any one jumps down my throat: Imagine he won the democratic nomination.........and THEN it happened. I do feel it may very well have swayed some middle voters.

Regardless, he's a person just like me, you, and everyone else. He'll get the best care, and time will determine where this leads.

P
Legend
Legend
P
This is why I don't condone anyone in their mid 70's being elected president. People wish to claim that's age discrimination. But it's actually a point of common sense.

From life expectancy to health issues, it's something that should be of great concern to us all.

j/c

I certainly wish the best for Bernie, his family and everyone else concerned. He brought a lot of critical issues to the forefront before it was anywhere close to accepted or popular. That's how you know a man puts his beliefs ahead of his political career. Whether you agree with his policies or not, at least he's always been a man who stands behind his convictions.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Oh I'm not saying she won't get some things through, but they won't be in their current form as she is proposing them.

You guys live in the center of the country and you're gonna vote for a Massachusetts Liberal?....Puuuulese.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Why not? You voted for a New York crook.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
jc

________

I would agree with that.

While it's obviously a bad thing for Bernie the person, it might be a good thing for it to have happened now rather than later in campaign - for the democratic party.

Let me explain that more before any one jumps down my throat: Imagine he won the democratic nomination.........and THEN it happened. I do feel it may very well have swayed some middle voters.

Regardless, he's a person just like me, you, and everyone else. He'll get the best care, and time will determine where this leads.

IF Bernie manages to win the nomination his VP choice will be HUGE. I would expect a Sanders/Warren ticket. BUT, I don't think Sanders wins the nom.

E
Legend
Legend
E
He just had a heart attack. His health is not good. He should focus on taking care of himself.

No Craps Given
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

I voted for anybody but Hillary. The same way I won't vote for the Emu Pocahonas, The Old guy with the bad heart or the older guy thats a little senial.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I’ll take the democratic field. I’m officially throwing my hat in the ring, for a younger cat that emphasizes climate change.

Believe it or not, the majority of Americans did not want trump to represent us. Believe it or not, climate change has been at the forefront of most industrialized nations mindset, for quite sometime, we are just playing catch-up.

Anyone that disagrees today, will learn. I’ve failed you as a fellow Browns fan, if I haven’t taught you already, that’s on me.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

I voted for anybody but Hillary. The same way I won't vote for the Emu Pocahonas, The Old guy with the bad heart or the older guy thats a little senial.

Now you’re just trolling. You voted for a pos potus and you’ll do it again. Admitting that is the first step to political sobriety pal.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Quote:
the older guy thats a little senial.

You wouldn't vote for me shocked

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
He just had a heart attack. His health is not good. He should focus on taking care of himself.

I agree, but I doubt he drops out. Thus making his VP choice even more important, but again...I don't think he wins the nom.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Donors express frustrations over Biden

Democratic donors are increasingly expressing frustration with Joe Biden’s presidential campaign, saying he’s failed to make a clear rational for why he’s running for the White House.

Donors complain that a string of verbal gaffes and inconsistent debate performances have contributed to a sense of worry about the strength of his candidacy.

There is also some dissatisfaction with how the Biden camp has responded to a new series of attacks from President Trump, who has seen his own calls for Ukraine to investigate the former vice president turn into the impetus for an impeachment inquiry in the House.

“Look, let’s be honest. He’s a weak frontrunner,” one major donor said.

Biden had a disappointing third-quarter fundraising showing, raising just $15.2 million compared to $24.6 million for Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), $25.3 million for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and $19.1 million for South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg.

The dismal numbers have added to a sense that the former vice president’s campaign is on the decline, while Warren’s, in particular, is on the rise.

“A lot of us are really concerned,” another Democratic bundler said. “We think Biden is the strongest out of the lot but he hasn’t exactly shown that he can play the part yet.”

Democratic strategist Brad Bannon said Biden’s poor numbers suggest donors lack confidence in his campaign.

“The type of big donors that might give to Joe Biden only invest in sure things,” he said. “Biden’s nomination looked like a sure thing back in the spring when he got into the race with a 25 percent lead so he raised a lot of money. Now his nomination is a crapshoot after flubs on the campaign trail, poor debate performances and the big surge by Elizabeth Warren.

“Big money people who might favor Biden are investors; not gamblers or zealots so the money is drying up,” Bannon concluded.

Warren and Sanders have both gobbled up small-dollar donors at a rate the Biden camp hasn’t been able to contend with, putting more pressure on the former vice president’s campaign to win support from big donors.

“A candidate like Sanders can lag in the polls and still raise a lot of money because he has a large number of fervent and committed followers who will keep on giving hell and high water,” Bannon said. “Biden doesn’t have that kind of donor base.”

Biden has sought to bolster his campaign, partly by using the attacks from Trump as an argument for people to support his campaign.

“The real story of the attacks on Joe Biden is that every Democrat is going to be victimized the same way,” said Robert Zimmerman, a longtime Democratic donor who said he will be sending Biden a donation in response to the Trump attacks.

“I, for one, will be sending a donation out of respect for him personally because we cannot let any of our candidates be slandered this way,” Zimmerman said.

One longtime Democratic bundler —who has not committed to a campaign— agreed that there was concern about Biden’s campaign particularly with Warren gaining momentum in recent weeks and overtaking him in polls. But the bundler also said Biden’s recent numbers are good enough to keep him competitive.

“He has never been viewed as a prolific fundraiser and hasn’t raised [money] in over a decade, unlike most of the candidates who have had an election,” the bundler said, adding that in general Biden has had “strong” back-to-back quarters.

“Five million keeps you going for this quarter, 10 million allows you to get ready for Iowa and New Hampshire and over 15 [million] allows you to start playing in Super Tuesday [states],” the bundler said.

But other donors aren’t entirely convinced.

“They’re just not where they should be,” the first donor said.

Biden’s campaign met with top fundraisers and donors over the weekend to brief them on strategy over PowerPoint presentations that “plotted the path forward for the former vice president,” according to The New York Times.

Denise Bauer, a donor and the former ambassador to Belgium, said it was a pivotal moment. “We need him to get the nomination because he’s the one who can win,” Bauer told the Times. “We are all going to try to raise every single dollar we can.”

One donor told The Hill that some are holding off giving to Biden because they need to see reason to have more confidence in his campaign.

“I think that’s why so many people are still in wait-and-see mode,” the donor said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/464750-donors-express-frustrations-over-biden

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Poll: Overwhelming majority of black voters back any 2020 Democrat over Trump

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/464680...0-democrat-over

P
Legend
Legend
P
The problem is, most moderate voters won't be so anxious to do that.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
There are a lot of moderate black voters. So I don't see how you can project your views on moderates as a whole. Sure there will be people who would say Liz or Bernie would be a no go because they are too progressive. I guess if one of them wins the nomination we'll have to see how that all goes. Else we will never know.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus 2020 Dem Candidates pt.3

Link Copied to Clipboard