Legend
R
Well, that sucked.

P
Legend
Legend
P
----- Crickets -----

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Baker mayfield: 8/22, 100 yards, 2 picks, 1 fumble, 36% completion. 13.4 QB rating.

Defense allowed 275 yards rushing.

I really don’t have anything else to add. This was a straight up beat down in every aspect of the game. No one did anything right, except the punter.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
- It was a tough game for us just in terms of the schedule. West coast after a tough away game and the 49ers coming off a bye ... tough sledding

- Besides, that ... we laid another egg. We simply aren’t ready for prime time yet. Baker has regressed and our coaching is an atrocity.

- Our OTs were quite bad tonight, as were our LBs.

- Putting a TE on Bosa isn’t wise.

- I’m trying to say that the sky isn’t falling ... but we have a very tough stretch upcoming and don’t seem to be gaining any sort of good identity

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Legend
Legend
R
The team doesn't handle adversity, off the field or on, or success very well.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: Swish
Baker mayfield: 8/22, 100 yards, 2 picks, 1 fumble, 36% completion. 13.4 QB rating.

Defense allowed 275 yards rushing.

I really don’t have anything else to add. This was a straight up beat down in every aspect of the game. No one did anything right, except the punter.

Seibert made a kick.

Legend
Legend
Jamie Gillan looked good.

yebat' Putin
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
I thought the field goal block team played well...what did they miss like 3??

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Still can go 13-3 and get a playoff bye.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Couldn't watch the game...did we have alot of dumb penalties also?

Legend
Legend
San Francisco looked like they prepped for a game at 5:30pm, West Coast time. We looked like we prepped for a game at 1pm Eastern time .... on a Sunday.

Legend
Legend
IMHO, the two biggest indicators of a successful offense are 3rd down % and red zone efficiency. We are near the bottom in both. Hard to establish rhythm, hard to build momentum, hard to win when you suck at those two things...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: SunDawg
eh, not as many as you’d think. It was more of just a physical beat down coupled with a downright coaching circus ... they ran circles around us in all regards

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
My thoughts.

This team has butt loads of talent that isnt being utilized correctly.

Why are they doing all these weird things with OBJ? Why dont we ever blitz?
We arent well disciplined and our playcalling and execution suck.

What on earth is the point of Monken if Freddie is running things? I hate this approach.

The coaches suck. I feel like at the end of last season we werent in the right place to attract the best coaches.

But now with our talent we are.

So I suspect new HC and OC, DC at the end of the year. I also suspect the OL/DL will be addressed in the offseason.

I 100% support our talent. The coaches can go.

Dorsey will get it sorted. Turning around an 0-16 team in 2 years is hard, and yet, we still may limp into the playoffs.

This offseson lets address the coaching and lines. And use the remainder of the season to learn and grow our talents experience.

No Craps Given
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: pfm1963

Legend
Legend
Baker got sacked in under 3 seconds against a 2 man rush. Whatever they wanted to do, they did... and we put up little resistance. they ran right through countless tackles simply because they wanted it more.

yebat' Putin
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist

I am the real Optimist.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Seattle is in real trouble next week.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Defense gave up 446 yards of total offense to the 49ers.

OMG! ooo

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
-Trade Baker.

-Fire Freddie

-Trade Myles

-Fire Wilks

-Tank for Tua

I hope you aren't serious........

If so, try to get some good sleep and come back with a level head tomorrow. Honestly.

This was one game against a top-notch defense. At the moment, we're 2-3. We're a wildly inconsistent team that has a lot to work on (coaching and players). That being said, we aren't trading anyone and no one is getting fired. We're only one game behind the Ravens.

At the end of the season, we'll evaluate ourselves. If we can become consistent, we'll win our division. Otherwise, we won't.

So, on to the Seahawks..............

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Well I remember back in the summer when Bob Wylie said some things and EVERYONE THOUGHT IT WAS SOUR GRAPES!!.. Doesn't seem so sour now!!.. The oline has regressed, plus trading away Zeitler and not replacing him is not looking smart.

Then how is it that the game plan on both sides of the ball was crap!!.. On D, Kyle runs a Zone Read/ =Play action pass game... ALL DAY, even when Kyle was here. WE were not ready as they ran it down our throats!! On Offense, or tackles were horrible... and we did not max protect or slide protections.

Fat Freddy needs to understand that the offense runs through Chubb, not Baker! Baker cannot hold the ball nor is he reading zones well at all.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: SunDawg

7 for 55

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
We need Myles to play like Bosa.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Outcoached outcoached outcoached outcoached

Baker looked bad

Embarassing

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Oh yea, we also need a couple of offensive tackles.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

--Baker has been awful this year. He is a one read qb and holds the ball way too long. He stares down receivers and is unable to throw it away when pressured. Overrated.

--Shanny schooled Freddie. He is the best offensive play caller/schemer in the league. Freddie is not.

--This will make y'all mad, but loved seeing Bosa simulating Baker's flag planing gesture. Screw you Oklahoma!

--I wonder how many times OBJ practiced returning punts. I'm guessing zero. Another panic move.

--How many overthrows did Baker have. Yep, height means nothing.

--The Scottish Hammer and Seibet did their job.

--We complain about our OL, but our OL has more talent than theirs. The difference? Scheme. We were out-coached.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I think Freddie is now taking heat for Baker's shortcomings. I don't agree with that.

It's strange, last year I was surprised if we didn't convert a 3rd and 15. This year every time he passes I fear a pick.

I wonder if any of the greats ever had a stat line like Baker did tonight. The regression we are seeing...I would never have predicted anything close to this after his play last year. This is much more than he's a one read QB or he doesn't know how to read coverages post snap. While those are factors, yes, that's not the whole story. He's even inaccurate to his first read.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I think we need to evaluate after 8 games. If we are 4-4, I think we can win the division.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think we need to evaluate after 8 games. If we are 4-4, I think we can win the division.

We are more likely to be 2-6 like I predicted than 4 and 4.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Fat Freddy needs to understand that the offense runs through Chubb, not Baker!

I think he does understand that. But when you are 1-11 on 3rd down conversion, it's hard to stick with or build on the run game.

Not sure what happened between the Rats and the 9ers... what happened to the slants, dump offs... all the things we did to sustain drives which allowed us to stick with the run game...

We go against a better DL, and suddenly we are going to park Baker in the pocket and expect it to work?

yebat' Putin
M
Legend
Legend
M
- Absolute embarrassment on MNF

- Baker panics and has happy feet, looks like a one read QB. Is he seeing ghosts?

- Greg Robinson got absolutely abused.

- I don't care that SF was coming off a bye, the Browns changed times zones, etc..

- Focused again way too much on getting OBJ involved early instead of what worked in Bal

- Baker and Freddie feel the need to get OBJ involved and distracts from the flow the offense

- Run defense was disgusting

- We looked so slow and fat compared to SF

- Baker needs to protect the ball. It's a real problem.

- Callaway not catching the TD pass at the goal line effectively ended he game.

- Shobert needs paid. Losing a guy like him makes this team worse.

- This team has lots of talent and big name payers, but they can't quit smelling themselves

- OBJ attempting to return the punt was flabbergasting. What was the point?

- Luckily the Browns play in a dreadful division this year.

- Scottish Hammer was great

- Run Chubb more, let Juice be the safety valve, quit worry about OBJ's feelings and enough of the empty sets

- Until the next win....same old Browns.

J
Legend
Legend
J
Your sarcastic post does not make the deserved criticism less warranted. This was a very poorly coached and played game. I’m disappointed after some better play last week. I don’t trust Freddie. I feel like he made some bad decisions in the preseason, and continues to make them. He seems to feel like he is smarter than other coaches in the league with his deferring and such. He’s not. Learn from your mistakes, don’t be arrogant for no reason, and turn this around, Freddie.

Baker is the exact opposite of what he was last season. I don’t know if it’s the scheme, coaching, teams have figured him out, he’s regressed, or all of the above, but he looks terrible. The offensive line excuse is not enough to explain how bad he is playing. From decision making to his physical play, he sucks right now.

We will get more wins against inferior to mediocre teams, but will not beat a good team unless something changes drastically with this team.

Legend
Legend
While Baker certainly has had his sophomore slumping issues, his coaches and his line sure aren't helping. Kitchens seems content to draw up all these razzle dazzle plays when we can't even execute the basics. He also seems to forget we have a RB that's averaging over 5 yards a carry, and when he does utilize him to get to a 3rd and short, we go empty backfield and pretty much nullify any benefit of the Defense playing against the run.

The Oline also can't seem to hold up for longer than three seconds against a 3 or 4 man rush. Pretty hard to hit targets when the Defense knows your passing, knows they can drop 7 back into coverage, and still get a sack pretty quickly. Baker's playing like he has Tim Couch disease already.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Freddie's press conference was brutal.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I think Baker is fine. The coaching sucks. We have an amateur with no HC experience at HC, who is trying to call plays while overiding the OC.

That will never work, ever. EVER.

Our DC has done an alright job this season, but this game was a fail. He needs to learn how to bring the heat.

We need to bring in some experienced coaches who have a history of success in those roles.

No Craps Given
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
And BTW.. Teams have figured out that you can run RIGHT AT Myles Garrett!! There were times the TE for SFO would set the edge blocking down on Myles and off to the races the RB would go. Also, our inside LBs got handled all day!!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
We will get more wins against inferior to mediocre teams, but will not beat a good team unless something changes drastically with this team.

Indeed!

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

Your prediction may still pan out. Do not give up yet.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

Your prediction may still pan out. Do not give up yet.

I'd rather be wrong.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 3 49ers 31 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard