Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
Damn. The hits just keep on coming.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed. Between the way we've played and the injuries we're not close to being the team some expected and we have a tough 5 games ahead of us. 2-5 or even 1-6 is a real possibility. Reality is coming at us hard!

Legend
Legend

I had to double check the new IR rule. Teams no longer have to designate a player for return. So each player placed on IR is available to come back 6 weeks for practice and 8 weeks for a game. Teams can only bring back 2 players that have been placed on IR.
https://twitter.com/chadp71/status/1175431611447500800

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 09/21/19 11:40 AM.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Harvey is good against the run IIRC, but struggled to cover

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Agreed. Between the way we've played and the injuries we're not close to being the team some expected

I half-heartedly wonder if the FO saw how we were playing and have enacted another year of "tanking mode".

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Agreed. Between the way we've played and the injuries we're not close to being the team some expected

I half-heartedly wonder if the FO saw how we were playing and have enacted another year of "tanking mode".
Tank for Tackles activated

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Legend
Legend
R
A lot of battered Brown fan syndrome in here.

Have some faith. Tomorrow's game is going to be competitive and the Browns are going to win.

Then we can all start talking about how many we can get in a row.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
A lot of battered Brown fan syndrome in here.

Have some faith. Tomorrow's game is going to be competitive and the Browns are going to win.

Then we can all start talking about how many we can get in a row.

Love the optimism. Hope you're right. I would love being wrong.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

The Rams are a good team.

However, it is not like they can not be beaten.

The Titans were underdogs to us.

Play a clean game. Don't aid them with turnovers and penalties.

Make the plays that are there to be made.

I think the game will be close.

Legend
Legend
J/c

It’s unfortunate because I heard a Rams beat writer say it’s the healthiest they’ve been in a long time

A lot also depends on how well we can control their run game ... it sets up a lot of their success down the field

P
Legend
Legend
P
What a novel concept! wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Rookie
Rookie
T
What do we know about Kirkseys injury? Do you think it was his last game as a Brown?

Legend
Legend
If I were a betting man, I would bet that Kirksey is done for this year, and will be elsewhere next year. So yes, I think he has played his last game as a Brown.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
In his Monday press conference, Freddie was asked if he think that they need to bring in somebody to fill a lead blocker role. You could tell that Freddie was in agreement but was trying not to give a direct answer, probably because he is not in charge of personnel and doesn't want to create an issue.

I hope that they make a move to bring in someone to fill and H-back or fullback role. I just do not see how anyone can think that having all of these backup TEs is better than having a guy like Orson Charles that can be a lead blocker but also fill in at TE when needed.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: s003apr
In his Monday press conference, Freddie was asked if he think that they need to bring in somebody to fill a lead blocker role. You could tell that Freddie was in agreement but was trying not to give a direct answer, probably because he is not in charge of personnel and doesn't want to create an issue.

I hope that they make a move to bring in someone to fill and H-back or fullback role. I just do not see how anyone can think that having all of these backup TEs is better than having a guy like Orson Charles that can be a lead blocker but also fill in at TE when needed.

I had that exact same thought when I read FK's comments on the matter.

B
1st String
1st String
B
doesn't look like it's gonna be any easier this week in Baltimore, albeit, Randell will be back at Safety. Njoku and Kirdsey possibly need surgery, at least Njoku for his wrist, but Browns Daily did say both could be placed on IR, that would mean 8 games without both and likely bad news for Drew Forbes since a team can only bring back two players from IR and I believe it's OL we need the most help with.

Still, I think this team has heart and talent and they can pull out a win, even with the odds against them.

Legend
Legend
I agree that this makes more sense to me. We are throwing by default and BM helps us do that poorly. Run until you throw then. Get better at something. This underachieving may be explainable, but it is unacceptable to me.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: BarkinMad
doesn't look like it's gonna be any easier this week in Baltimore, albeit, Randell will be back at Safety. Njoku and Kirdsey possibly need surgery, at least Njoku for his wrist, but Browns Daily did say both could be placed on IR, that would mean 8 games without both and likely bad news for Drew Forbes since a team can only bring back two players from IR and I believe it's OL we need the most help with.

Still, I think this team has heart and talent and they can pull out a win, even with the odds against them.

I think Forbes and Njoku will be the (2) guys to come back from IR. I predict Forbes will be starting at RT by week 10...maybe even week 8 when he's eligible.

Njoku comes back immediately upon being eligible.

I also expect Teller to overtake Kush in short order.

Kirksey is done as a Brown. Not nearly enough production for the $$$. Mack is already better and Harvey was coming on strong at the end of the PS...and both those guys can play STs.

B
1st String
1st String
B
I hope Forbes can come back and become a consistent starter, I'm rooting for this kid, he's got my last name, so we could be related, I don't know. lmao

I don't know if I agree about Kirksey, they really seem to like his game play in the past few seasons and it seems like he has gotten better but I suppose it's not impossible, if they feel that other talents are as productive or even better, then it could be curtains for Kirksey, is it his contract year? If not, I don't think he goesanywhere. jmo

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BarkinMad
I hope Forbes can come back and become a consistent starter, I'm rooting for this kid, he's got my last name, so we could be related, I don't know. lmao

I don't know if I agree about Kirksey, they really seem to like his game play in the past few seasons and it seems like he has gotten better but I suppose it's not impossible, if they feel that other talents are as productive or even better, then it could be curtains for Kirksey, is it his contract year? If not, I don't think he goesanywhere. jmo

I'm hoping Forbes does well when he comes back too.

As far as Kirksey, I hope we keep him. I'd personally rather move on from Schobert before we do Kirksey.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
L
Legend
Legend
L
Schoebert had been more valuable then kirksey.

And I like kirksey, too. A solid player and seems to be a good person.

But he's hurt a lot, and his contract, IIRC, works against him being a Brown in 2020.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
With Callaway set to return today, a look at the roster leaves me thinking that a WR has to be cut to make room. Hodge or Taylor...maybe Ratley after his play yesterday. (Probably not.)

Could be someone heads to IR? Harvey may have serious damage to his shoulder. Hope not...L like the kid.

Could be R Jackson (CB) gets cut again if Ward/Williams are good-to-go.

Longer-term

I think these guys are at the bottom of the 53 right now - not in order:

Jackson (CB)
Jefferson (LB)
Hodge (WR)
D Johnson (RB)
P Brown (TE)
Corbett (C)
Lamm (T)

I think Njoku and Forbes return from IR.

It's a pretty good bottom 7 IMO...but I'd think those guys are on the bubble if something better crops up or gets healthy.

Legend
Legend
Looks like Hodge is out then

C
Legend
Legend
C
I’d say Hodge is cut or Harvey goes to the IR.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Cardinals cut safety D.J. Swearinger after four games

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...fter-four-games

Would he be worth a look to replace a bottom roster guy at vet minimum?

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
L
Legend
Legend
L
No. We already have a full secondary.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
I learned today that we get a one week roster exemption for Callaway - customary now...apparently.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Sounds like he belongs on the line ... we are Badet blocking

Legend
Legend
Not sure if this was discussed but in all of the discussion on roster moves from the off-season, it appears we didn't get the better end of the Zeitler for Vernon deal... Zeitler is one of the highest rated pass blocking OGs in the NFL, Vernon has 11 tackles and 1 sack...

Let me pick one and I think I would take that one back.. convince me I'm wrong.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Not sure if this was discussed but in all of the discussion on roster moves from the off-season, it appears we didn't get the better end of the Zeitler for Vernon deal... Zeitler is one of the highest rated pass blocking OGs in the NFL, Vernon has 11 tackles and 1 sack...

Let's wait and see what that 5th round pick becomes before we pass judgement on this ...

Legend
Legend
Vernon has underwhelmed for sure. In fact, I’d go as far to say maybe we were better off doing this:

- Keeping Peppers
- Keeping Zeitler
- Keeping Ogbah
- Keeping the 1st round pick and selecting an OT

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Hindsight 20/20 is fun. But it was pretty clear to many of us that more needed to happen on the OL. I was very hopeful after the Zeitlin/Vernon trade that others were in the works to address OL but not much. I don't think a decent OL would solve all our problems or would have won last night's game but it's clear to me it's our biggest problem aside from very green coaching & lack of mature leadership.

I live in NJ just outside of NYC, drowning in Giants fans (in-laws) and they're loving Peppers. He's been a revelation so far in the Giants D. It really goes to show that scheme sometimes makes or breaks the player.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

The Zeitler move could have been a future money move knowing they have a lot of players to pay.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Vernon has underwhelmed for sure. In fact, I’d go as far to say maybe we were better off doing this:

- Keeping Peppers
- Keeping Zeitler
- Keeping Ogbah

Uh-oh....Someone's signature is going to get triggered.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

- Keeping Peppers
- Keeping Zeitler
- Keeping Ogbah

Trust me, since 99 it’s changed numerous times

M
Legend
Legend
M
Not yours.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

- Keeping Peppers
- Keeping Zeitler
- Keeping Ogbah

Peppers has a pick 6 and a FF.
Zeitler is Zeitler.
Both Ogbah and Nassib are outperforming Vernon so far and I don't believe play as much.
Jamie Collins has 47 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 3 Ints, and a 1 FF as well.

**Ducks**

Tackles are tackles.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

- Keeping Peppers
- Keeping Zeitler
- Keeping Ogbah

Where have all the real players gone?

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Where have all the real players gone?

"The answer, my friend- ..."

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum A look at the roster

Link Copied to Clipboard