Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Legend
Legend
D
I have 3 things:

Freddie: when we get inside the oppo 5 yard line, give the ball to Chubb. Period. The end.

Baker: back-shoulder throws are for finesse plays outside the numbers on the field, NOT for quick slants over the middle when you need to deliver a strike to a WR running full tilt towards the middle of the field where he might very well get his head taken off. You must hit those guys in stride, on the numbers, or else bad [bleep] happens. Get it together, Mayfield - you're LATE.

Roger Goodell: your referees are sucking canal water. Landry's "illegal block", Ogunjobi's roughing the passer call, and the horse-collar tackle call on Burnett were so weak, so freaking lame - and so game altering - that they were inexcusable. These referees need to be dismissed - they are making games unwatchable. If this [stuff] continues, I'm not sure I can keep watching NFL games.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen
You don't go from being a candidate for NFL Rookie of the Year to awful. I think Baker is still a franchise QB that's playing hurt. IMHO

Rick Mirer did. It’s the first example that popped into my head. I’m sure there are others

Baker has potential, but he isn’t a sure thing yet. If we pick in the Top 5 again take a QB this is really deep draft with a few good QB. If we are in the top 5 again in the draft it would be criminal not to pull the trigger on a QB.

We are 4-1 with even average QB play this year. Mayfield hasn’t even played up to backup quality this year. So sad. Hopefully he figured it out if not we will be in the top 5 of the draft again and you gotta pull the trigger on another qb at that point.

Legend
Legend
RG3 did as well IIRC

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dave #1678416 10/13/19 07:30 PM
Legend
Legend
Just a FYI....the horse collar was the correct call. The rule was changed to include nameplate and QB was out of the pocket. I’m more miffed at the fact we didn’t get the td when we challenged. The ball was clearly in his grasp when it was touching a defender who was clearly in the end zone.

Some other thoughts

Coaching wasn’t a problem today, turnovers were. I know Freddie took blame but that is only because that’s what he is supposed to do.

Chubb had another productive game.

Myles with a couple more sacks today.

Russell Wilson is an elite QB.

#gmstrong
myka #1678418 10/13/19 07:33 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: myka
Originally Posted By: HewDawg
I’m a tired fan. Tired of this thread. Tired of the same old crap every season. Doesn’t matter who fields this team, who coaches, who is the owner. It’s the same.....thing... I’ve never been so close to giving up and burning everything I own in the brown and orange. I want to give up. For my sanity and personal health. Tired of being angry every week due to dangled hope on the field, just to be crushed by either bad performance, referees, or coaching. I freaking hate my parents for passing on this purgatory to me. It’s a weekly misery during the fall that comes annually and has no sight of changing.

I feel you! Don't give up til after the season though, because our division stinks and right now we are playing high profile QBs on highly marketable teams.

If we play the exact same game we played today it's a win VS the Bills, Broncos, Cardinals, Dolphins, Steelers and Ravens, which just so happens to be the remainder of our schedule after NE.

Even with these botched losses we could still end up 9-7 which may be good enough to win a weak division.

I gotta say that I disagree with this mindset. This is accepting mediocrity. With our roster we should expect nothing less than the division and at least one game in the playoffs. To accept losses to good "highly marketable teams" is poor form and won't get us far. We should win these games. We can't beat the NFCW at the moment and that appears to be one of the better divisions, if not THE best division. On paper we should hang with all of these teams and even beat them, but we can't seem to get out of our own way.

Legend
Legend
Tired of watching games STOLEN from my team by refs that are HOT GARBAGE. Any blindfolded monkey, being explained the rules five minutes before the game, could do a better job. GAME-CHANGING calls, week after week, year after year... makes me want to puke. Won't comment on the short-comings of a team whose win was STOLEN.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Dave #1678425 10/13/19 07:50 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: Dave

Roger Goodell: your referees are sucking canal water. Landry's "illegal block", Ogunjobi's roughing the passer call, and the horse-collar tackle call on Burnett were so weak, so freaking lame - and so game altering - that they were inexcusable. These referees need to be dismissed - they are making games unwatchable. If this [stuff] continues, I'm not sure I can keep watching NFL games.

Pretty much agree. I was of the opinion that money would ruin the game, but I'm now feeling officials will ruin it.

Don't get me wrong, I want rules, obviously............but flags every 2nd or 3rd play?

Legend
Legend
Anyone think that the officials are being a bit defiant ... like to say screw you to the NFL for the micromanaging of rules, replays, DPI, etc

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Defiant? Making calls that clearly don't exist... Reviewing plays and being arrogant enough to dispute evidence clear to any human? How's about CORRUPT??

Defiant - no. "We are bigger than the game" - yes... clearly.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1st String
1st String
Well, the bright side is if we win out in our division (which is a strong possibility considering the NFL North right now) and pull off wins against the other three teams who currently have losing records then we could win our division.

Never have hope. You won’t be disappointed.
FATE #1678430 10/13/19 08:08 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
#FreeToddMonken

Tackles are tackles.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Anyone think that the officials are being a bit defiant ... like to say screw you to the NFL for the micromanaging of rules, replays, DPI, etc

Yes. 100%. I've mentioned it before.

I also think opposing players, coaches, and FOs aren't the only ones that want to shut the Browns up.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:
Just a FYI....the horse collar was the correct call. The rule was changed to include nameplate and QB was out of the pocket.

I may be wrong, but my recollection is that Burnett had his left arm on or around Wilson's waist and also had a fistful of his jersey around the number in back. I didn't see it as any kind of horse-collar tackle. Plus, the flag wasn't thrown at all; the penalty was called after yet another endless "referee conference". Its like they were saying "we forgot that we saw this, but we did, so this announcement will have to replace any flag we could have thrown, but didn't.".

GTFOH, zebras.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

That is interesting

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
but flags every 2nd or 3rd play?

Five in a row on the last drive of the Dallas-Jets game, all in favor of Dallas, just to give them the opportunity to get into the end zone. I was shocked they allowed the stop on the 2 point conversion to stand. Shocked!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Just a FYI....the horse collar was the correct call. The rule was changed to include nameplate and QB was out of the pocket. I’m more miffed at the fact we didn’t get the td when we challenged. The ball was clearly in his grasp when it was touching a defender who was clearly in the end zone.

Some other thoughts

Coaching wasn’t a problem today, turnovers were. I know Freddie took blame but that is only because that’s what he is supposed to do.

Chubb had another productive game.

Myles with a couple more sacks today.

Russell Wilson is an elite QB.

Also, one referee signaled touchdown so he was overrulled twice!!

The officiating get worse each year.

Dave #1678437 10/13/19 08:20 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Purposely stayed home this afternoon to watch my Browns. They were the regional game because the Pats played on Thursday. Being in Pats country they will be on here again in 2 weeks. I won't make the same mistake I made today. I honestly can't take much more of bad play calling, poor refereeing, dropped passes, poor tackling etc. I love my Browns and want to see them win in the worst way but enough is enough.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Meh, I put this one on Freddie. He sucks as a rookie HC. We outplayed them the first quarter. I don't understand all the shotgun. It seems like we forced the ball to OBJ a few times. The ints were bad breaks, partly baker, partly WRs. I'm glad the bye is here, maybe Freddie can out coach the bye... smh

I still feel we'll finish in the 10 win neighborhood. I think we were the better team today and just beat ourselves.

This is 100% correct about forcing the ball to OBJ unnecessarily. It's why I'm one of the biggest supporters of OBJ being traded off the team. Last year Mayfield spread the ball around more and would throw to the open receivers, whoever became open. This year he doesn't do it as much and tries to force it, just an observation.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

Originally Posted By: CalDawg
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
but flags every 2nd or 3rd play?

Five in a row on the last drive of the Dallas-Jets game, all in favor of Dallas, just to give them the opportunity to get into the end zone. I was shocked they allowed the stop on the 2 point conversion to stand. Shocked!

Saw that. Somebody had money on the cowboys

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
After 6 games, we are near or at the top in missed tackles, dropped passes and penalties

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: bluecollarball
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

That is interesting

from his lips to God's ears

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
FATE #1678445 10/13/19 08:37 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Refs were awful.

Comparing Rick Mirer to Baker is awful. How did we ever get to that point? Stop. Mayfield is our franchise quarterback. He's not going anywhere. He's still only started 19 games and he's not close to the amount of interceptions peyton manning threw in his first two seasons.

I agree coaching has been an issue. I also know Freddie probably isn't going anywhere. He's going to be here next year. You don't hire a rookie head coach knowing there could be growing pains.

And I agree we have talent to win, but we are still a young team and we are still only 2 seasons removed from 0-16.

I'm frustrated like all Browns fans... I'm not ready to give up. 2-4 is a better start than the previous 3 seasons. Minus the Titans, our opponents that beat us are a combined 13-4. The 5-0 Patriots up next, then it gets real easy.

Im actually still confident we will make the playoffs/win the division.

I don't like being 2-4 either, but things will get better. I promise.

Dean #1678446 10/13/19 08:38 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Dean
Well, the bright side is if we win out in our division (which is a strong possibility considering the NFL North right now) and pull off wins against the other three teams who currently have losing records then we could win our division.

not sure why people assume we are going to or even have a chance to win our division..Baltimore, despite us beating, is better than us. Only two teams have allowed more points in the NFL than us.. Cincy and Miami

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
I agree Rish, it seems pretty obvious

R
Legend
Legend
R
I didnt know that. Disappointing. Defense was supposed to be our strength.

Legend
Legend
That’s really, really bad to see if it’s true. IMO, that’s unacceptable

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Refs were awful.

Comparing Rick Mirer to Baker is awful. How did we ever get to that point? Stop. Mayfield is our franchise quarterback. He's not going anywhere. He's still only started 19 games and he's not close to the amount of interceptions peyton manning threw in his first two seasons.

I agree coaching has been an issue. I also know Freddie probably isn't going anywhere. He's going to be here next year. You don't hire a rookie head coach knowing there could be growing pains.

And I agree we have talent to win, but we are still a young team and we are still only 2 seasons removed from 0-16.

I'm frustrated like all Browns fans... I'm not ready to give up. 2-4 is a better start than the previous 3 seasons. Minus the Titans, our opponents that beat us are a combined 13-4. The 5-0 Patriots up next, then it gets real easy.

Im actually still confident we will make the playoffs/win the division.

I don't like being 2-4 either, but things will get better. I promise.

I truly hope they do get better...I can still see some teams upsetting us when our schedule gets easier...But we got to hope we start to improve here fast.

R
Legend
Legend
R
They won't be upsets. The only teams we "should" beat are the Bengals and Dolphins.

All the other teams are as good or better than the Browns.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Yes, Baker cant throw and catch the ball too. There were some bad drops.

But that is part of any game.

I feel the bad coaching and play calling is the over arching reason we lost.

I wonder why Wilson's WRs don't ever tip the ball to the other team or run into each other causing a INT?

Legend
Legend
I just saw the QB efficiency chart through week 6 ... if i can copy/paste it I’ll try. It has Baker at the bottom just above Rosen ... all others above him

Legend
Legend

Legend
Legend
There are about 5 different graphs with different info like that in that thread

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You really think we are going 8-1 or 7-2 down the stretch after the Cheatriots blow us out?

Nope.

V
Legend
Legend
V

Suddenly, analytics suck. LOL

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Why do we have a chance to win the division?

The Ravens 4 wins have come against teams with a combined 3 wins.

No one in our division is better than 3 of the 4 teams we lost to.

The Steelers still could mount a comeback within the division, but their best player is out for the year.

We are a young team still learning to win. It's gonna happen. We have the most talented offense in the division.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Suddenly, analytics suck. LOL
rofl

Legend
Legend
“The funny thing is, is that Cleveland has had this reputation of losing & we are all sitting here trying to figure out why we didn’t win....This is a team that could possibly be 6-0 or 5-1, but that is not our record. We are 2-4, and we are 2-4 for a reason" - OBJ

https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN/status/1183563812768796672

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
This will only get worse I’m afraid

V
Legend
Legend
V
He sounds like an English major.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 28 Seahawks 32 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard