Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
yeah, i'm not sure where we go from here.
the defense sucks.
the offense sucks.

i can't figure out which one I'm more disappointed in. Bad offenses still manage to win with a good defense. And honestly, we did not have a bad offense today. Yeah, they got field goals instead of Td's, but it was points. Then D just kept giving up stupid stuff.

At this point, its a train wreck. I think Kitchens needs to give up the play calling, its his best chance of saving his job. Something just isn't meshing between Monken and Kitchens, and the flow the offense on the field. Nothing sets up the next play, its just mind boggling.

Only thing this team has done right this year is not give up the first round pick for a 31 year old left tackle. Right now, that pick is looking top ten.....

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
Originally Posted By: rastanplan
Originally Posted By: DogNDC
Please, Freddy is crap!! Why isnt anyone asking him why it takes so long to get a play in?? You do know that alot of times, the browns are almost about to get a penalty. That means Baker cannot see anything coming to the line or D adjustments or audibles. So ask those questions first

Baker is not a good QB...

I still think he will be after this year.

and I am so far from a Baker lover it's not even funny.

Nop, he's a bit better than Colt Mckoy, very limited, and D's are exploiting this.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
same old [censored]

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Baker is no better than last year .. in fact, he’s worse. That, in itself, is cause for concern

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Others are getting a lot of attention and I don't want to let the defense off the hook:

6.4 yards per carry to a team that was starting a guy that hadn't play in 1000 days.

Complete whiffs on a bunch of tackles.

No turnovers.

P
Legend
Legend
P
No Chubb on 4th and 1 at the 5 ... enough said!!!

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Others are getting a lot of attention and I don't want to let the defense off the hook:

6.4 yards per carry to a team that was starting a guy that hadn't play in 1000 days.

No turnovers.

D is not good, but with an average/good QB we would have won this.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Swish
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I think Baker’s lack of progress is hurting us, as is the coaching staff ... and quite honestly, Baker didn’t play a terrible game comparatively. But we’re just stuck in a terrible rut

The Denver defense is among the best in the league. Considering that Baker didn't play horrible. With that said, he missed guys that he should have hit.

Can’t keep making excuses for his lack of progress.

I agree. You have to start asking if Baker is actually a franchise QB. He was playing with house money last year and let it rip. He has pressure and expectations this year and has not delivered.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
No Chubb on 4th and 1 at the 5 ... enough said!!!

this sums up the coaching staff right here

they don't know who they have on their team or how to use what they have.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
L
Legend
Legend
L
[u][/u]Wasted timeouts. We were not going to overturn the spot on 4th and goal inside the five, for starters.
Every week.m, Freddie shows his lack of game management.

Dorsey isn't going to fire Freddie and admit he effed up the coaching thing, I can tell you that.
Baker played solid today, OBJ made some nice catches but he was putting on an act for the big screen after we failed on fourth and four at the end, kicking and acting frustrated on the sidelines.

I knew it could be a problem when we traded a lot of capital for him.

What's up with the shoe thing? Why don't these clowns just wear standard football shoes instead of making statements with what they wear on their feet?
Now we're starting to see it.

Last edited by lampdogg; 11/03/19 08:56 PM.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I think Baker’s lack of progress is hurting us, as is the coaching staff ... and quite honestly, Baker didn’t play a terrible game comparatively. But we’re just stuck in a terrible rut

The Denver defense is among the best in the league. Considering that Baker didn't play horrible. With that said, he missed guys that he should have hit.

I agree. You have to start asking if Baker is actually a franchise QB. He was playing with house money last year and let it rip. He has pressure and expectations this year and has not delivered.

To be clear, I wasn't making excuses. I said that he missed guys. He needs to be better.

Legend
Legend
Yo guys

What the hell happen to the deep ball?

We just don’t take any shots anymore. Sup with that?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chubb was out of the game for 3rd and 4th down when Baker of all people tried a QB sneak.

THIS ALONE SHOULD BE REASON TO FIRE KITCHENS IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I am so sick of the stupid things this team does and still calls themselves a pro football team.Coaches included.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I could take it better when our roster was like Miami's but this roster is loaded mostly and should be winning where does that place the blame???

Continuity?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
We suck?

Yep.

The 2019 Cleveland Browns: 'We still suck, just not as bad as we usually do.'

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
I’m convinced Mayfield is a bust. He doesn’t have it mentally. He is mentally weak and he can’t read coverages. On average according to my stopwatch in games thus far Mayfield was on average getting 4 seconds of pass protection, 42 year old Tom Brady comparison is averaging 2.7 seconds of pass protection. 4 secs of protection is a long time Brady would die to have that kinda protection.

Mayfield can’t read coverage. He has trouble going through progressions. We would have to hitch our wagon to him for another 3 years and hope he gets it. My gut tells me he is done. You can see it Mayfield eyes he doesn’t have the same swagger, the same confidence, I see a frustrated young man that is ready to burst and cry. He don’t get it why things suck this year.

I was only on board with Mayfield if he sat for two years. Through hell or high water to hell with the fans, media, and everything else we should have kept Tyrod Taylor for two years and had Mayfield sit Luke Carson Palmer sat behind an inferior Jon Kitna. What your seeing out of Mayfield this year is what Todd Haley told us last year in camp that Mayfield wasn’t ready and had a lot to learn but Dorsey just wouldn’t listen

No matter how bad Taylor played Mayfield should have sat like Mahomes did. We made a huge mistake here I think we have already ruined Mayfield.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It also makes me concerned that FK is so egotistical that he believes all players are created equal and he can insert any player into his playcalling and they will perform like a well-oiled machine such has NE.

if he would just get the ball to his playmakers.... we would have won at least 3 more games than we have now.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Too much Hilliard ... especially in key spots

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Oh and the D has more holes than a block of swish cheese.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R

To be clear, I wasn't making excuses. I said that he missed guys. He needs to be better.

Its not just missing guys, the whole offense is crippled because of him, playcalling is limited, etc

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yo guys

I bet the coaches told the Baker to back off the deep pass.

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Wasted timeouts. We were not going to invert urn the spot on 4th and goal inside the five, for starters.
Every week.

Dorsey isn't going to fire Freddie and admit he effed up the coaching thing, I can tell you that.
Baker played solid today, OBJ made some nice catches but he was putting on an act for the big screen after we failed on fourth and four at the end, kicking and acting frustrated on the sidelines.

He had multiple steps on his defender; he has every right to be upset. If your QB makes an accurate throw, that's a TD.

Did anyone ever think that maybe Mayfield just isn't that good and he's being exposed with his numerous deficiencies?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Freddie's presser is typical. We need to do this. We need to that. We have eight games left. We have to do something with them. We can only win one game at a time. Really? Here's some advice: WIN A DAMN GAME!

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
All Pro
All Pro

No turnovers.

D is not good, but with an average/good QB we would have won this.

With a average/good OL, an average/good QB would have time to not be captain check down. Which in turn would be able to get the ball downfield without having to have our shifty guys get clobbered trying to YAC for simple first downs. There fixed.

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Maybe Hunt will help although I don't want him taking Chubbs touches ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
T
Legend
Legend
T
I saw Hilliard in on enough plays that I think they started to put the game plan in for when Hunt comes off of suspension,

But! Hunt ain't out there, Hilliard is, so what's the net result.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Please, Freddy is crap!! Why isnt anyone asking him why it takes so long to get a play in?? You do know that alot of times, the browns are almost about to get a penalty. That means Baker cannot see anything coming to the line or D adjustments or audibles. So ask those questions first

I think you have to start to wonder at this point. He's not a cerebral QB. He seems to drop back and just wing it. You never get the impression he has hot reads or anything that would resemble some thought. It's drop back, if the first read is not there get somewhat frazzled, move around the pocket, and then fire a 95 mph fastball no matter the length of the throw.

Baker just cannot beat good defenses.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: Schadenfreude
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Wasted timeouts. We were not going to invert urn the spot on 4th and goal inside the five, for starters.
Every week.

He had multiple steps on his defender; he has every right to be upset. If your QB makes an accurate throw, that's a TD.

Did anyone ever think that maybe Mayfield just isn't that good and he's being exposed with his numerous deficiencies?

Blamming OBJ is just aberrant... Baker is not a good QB, he is a backup at best.

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Though I do have one question: On your 4th and 1 play, is that information right where it says there was NO running back on the field at all?

Legend
Legend
I have no confidence in Freddie at this point. His presser is the same ol’ thing. We need someone that can evaluate the problems, not pass them off as we’re still learning.

#GMSTRONG
T
Legend
Legend
T
Post Game.

I no longer think the team will have a winning record vs the division,

that with a 1-0 record and 5 games to go and only the Ravens have their crap together.

Bleh! ^ That hurts to say.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

he will be taking Hilliard's which will be welcomed

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
And the obligatory Baker presser: We just got execute better. Well no kidding genius. Maybe you should work on that this week instead of worrying about another commercial. Jackass.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
B
1st String
1st String
B
Well, that was one ugly ass game by the Browns offense, actually, the D didn't do much better. The D had moments of piss poor tackling and getting burned by the pass, Ward got played by Denver on their first TD, and all this by a QB who has never thrown a pass in the NFL.

I have to lay this also at Dorsey's feet, not this game specifically, but this whole season. I'll explain. Dorsey has made two mistakes that I can see, I thought it was only one but I now believe it to be two. Mistake No.1. trading Zeitler for Vernon, thus, crippling the OL, mistake No.2 hiring the wrong coach, sorry, but I now feel that Freddy is not the right guy and his whole coaching staff on both sides of the ball sucks. Maybe not every single position coach but a lot of them, especially on defense.

So, we are 2-6 and this season is basically over. It's up to Dorsey to help fix the problems. He can start by looking for a new HC, and then buil the f'n Offensive Line dammit. You can say the OL isn't that bad, but I see Baker running for his life half the time, LT, RT, are [censored]. If the OL was any good, we'd be able to pick up 1 f'n yard, we can't, I knew we'd lose that challenge and yes, I believe it was a very bad spot but we should have been able to gain enough to make no mistake about picking up the first down. period.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

As long as he takes Hilliard's touches I'm good.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
OBJ’s wanting of the ball is justified ... gotta give him the shot to win it for us in that spot

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R

I think you have to start to wonder at this point. He's not a cerebral QB. He seems to drop back and just wing it. You never get the impression he has hot reads or anything that would resemble some thought. It's drop back, if the first read is not there get somewhat frazzled, move around the pocket, and then fire a 95 mph fastball no matter the length of the throw.

Baker just cannot beat good defenses.

That's what I saw. Our O is very limited because Baker is limited.

We have a great RB, great receivers, but the playbook is just dumbd down because Baker can't do it.

No point in moving out of the pocket because he is so innacurate there, he can't stretch the field horizintaly or vertically, so all is cramped down.

The D's are playing in a short field, they do not respect Baker.

That's why you have OBJ with single coverage and play Landry so many times in the backfield.

Last edited by rastanplan; 11/03/19 09:02 PM.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Yo guys

Yo guys

Last year a lot of our deep balls came on play action with max protection in 12 personnel. We just don't do that anymore.

Also, we really do have trouble pass blocking. It is a real thing that affects the deep ball.

T
Legend
Legend
T
"Nothing sets up the next play"

I think you are right,

if this offense were a book it would read like stereo instructions.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 19 Broncos 24 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard