Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Other one close to be locked so unfortunately got big news:

Ukraine Aid Was Released After Federal Lawyers Said Trump Freeze Was Illegal: Report

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/ukraine-aid-state-department-donald-trump-illegal-012318334.html

It wasn’t Donald Trump who released the first of Ukraine military aid, but the State Department after lawyers determined that the White House freeze on the funds was illegal, several sources have told Bloomberg.

Trump has claimed he released the aid September 11. But five sources told Bloomberg that $141 million of the money was actually authorized to be released several days earlier after lawyers determined that the White House Office of Management and Budget and, therefore, the president, had no legal standing to block the funds. The decision was outlined in a classified memo to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, according to Bloomberg. Other details of the memo were not revealed.

The information severely undercuts Trump’s insistence that there was no military aid quid pro quo when he pressed Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky in a July phone call to launch a groundless investigation into his political rival Joe Biden and his son. Trump has pointed to the fact that he released the aid before a probe was begun. But Bloomberg now reports that he was no longer in control of disbursement when the money was released.

Officials have testified before House lawmakers that the aid — amounting to a total of some $400 million — was linked to Zelensky bowing to Trump’s demands. The New York Times has reported that Zelensky had already scheduled an interview on CNN in September to announce the launch of the investigation — even though he was opposed to it — in order to obtain the much needed funding. When the money was released, Zelensky quickly dropped the CNN appearance and did not begin a probe, according to the Times.

The OMB — headed by Mick Mulvaney, who is also the acting White House chief of staff — continues to argue that distribution of the funds, which had been approved by Congress, was up to the agency. “At no point was this pause inappropriate, let alone illegal,” OMB spokeswoman Rachel Semmel told Bloomberg Saturday.

Officials supporting Ukraine feared that if the money was not disbursed by September 30, the end of the fiscal year, it would likely no longer be available.

Trump has claimed he was the one who decided to release the money after a plea from GOP Ohio Sen. Rob Portman. “He called up, ‘Please let the money go,’” Trump said.

Acting U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine William Taylor testified that it was the legal offices at the both the State and Defense departments that decided they were “going to move forward with this assistance — OMB notwithstanding.”

“I don’t know if they’ve ever done that before,” Taylor said. “This was a big decision for them.”

Mulvaney has emerged in testimony as a key player in Trump’s strategy to involve Ukraine in American politics by pressing the nation to launch an investigation into the president’s rival, which would likely impact the 2020 election.

Last month Mulvaney said at a press conference that the military aid was part of a quid pro quo for Ukraine’s investigation, and that such negotiations are done all the time. “Get over it,” he told reporters. But such foreign policy negotiations are supposed to benefit the nation — and not to mobilize a foreign power to help a president win an American election.

_______

Seems like all of trump and the GOP’s narratives are being undercut by, ya know, actual facts and evidence.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

The ever evolving defense of trump from graham.

Demanded transcript be released, now claims he won’t read them. Lol, party over country. Trump over the US constitution.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Giuliani Associate Says He Told Ukraine That Aid Was Contingent On Biden Probe: Report

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rudy-giuliani-associate-ukraine-investigate-bidens-010858351.html

Parnas looking for a plea deal.

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I can't wait till President Pelosi!

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I hope Parnas is on the level with his plea.

Maybe he understands that here in the U.S. we put people in jail for lying...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
O
Legend
Legend
O
Progressive veterans group launches campaign labeling Trump as a 'national security threat'

One of the largest progressive veteran groups in the country is launching a new campaign against President Trump on Monday that seeks to raise pressure on several Republican senators up for reelection next year.

To mark Veteran’s Day, VoteVets will fly planes over key Senate battleground states like North Carolina, Arizona, Kentucky and Colorado Monday morning, with a banner that reads: “Vets: Trump is a National Security Threat.” The group seeks to specifically target GOP Sens. Thom Tillis (N.C.), Martha McSally (Ariz.), Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.) and Cory Gardner (Colo.).

“In less than a year, voters will go to the polls. We intend to remind them every day between now and then that Donald Trump is a national security threat and that these key Senate Republicans encourage and enable him at every step of the way,” said Jon Soltz, chairman of VoteVets, wrote in a statement announcing the campaign.

In addition to the planes, the group also plans to run digital ads and to launch a website detailing all the ways in which Trump has posed as a national security threat to the United States. This includes everything from allegedly “inviting foreign interference in our elections” to “raiding funds for our military families to build his wall.”

VoteVets is spending roughly $30,000 in total on the campaign.

Though the progressive group has long been critical of Trump, this marks the first time VoteVets has launched a political initiative on Veteran’s Day.

The move comes as Republicans look to hold onto their control of the Senate in the 2020 elections.

The Cook Political Report has labeled the races for Senate seats held by Gardner and McSally as “toss-ups” and has rated Tillis’s race as “lean Republican” and McConnell's as “likely Republican.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/46967...security-threat

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O

Great video. Happy Veteran's Day!

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/11/19 09:40 AM.

Legend
Legend
YAWNnnnnn.....

Sure wish the House would vote to impeach already so the Senate can throw this nonsense in the trash.

Then maybe we can get on to the US/Mexico/Canada Trade Deal for the good of American Workers! thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh no, not so fast. They first have to let the American people see all of the evidence. Then they'll know the senate doesn't care about the rule of law before the elections.

The House is playing this out perfectly. All the world will see exactly who Trump is now.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Don't twist the facts.

You mean to let the American People see the Democrat side of the evidence and the Republican side that Shifty Shiff allows to be shown. tsktsk

Shifty is already poo pooing witnesses Republicans want to call.

Just get this coup attempt over with so we can all move on.

P
Legend
Legend
P
What witnesses are those? Those who have no first hand knowledge of anything directly addressed in the impeachment? Those witnesses? The one's Republicans wish to trot out to distract people away from the actual impeachment allegations?

I can see how you being prevented from turning this into a three ring circus might be disturbing to you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Don't twist the facts.

You mean to let the American People see the Democrat side of the evidence and the Republican side that Shifty Shiff allows to be shown. tsktsk

Shifty is already poo pooing witnesses Republicans want to call.

Just get this coup attempt over with so we can all move on.

You can't play those worn out objections anymore. They held a vote, gave republicans the transcripts, had republicans in every closed hearing, and are giving equal time to republicans in every open hearing... Now GOPers don't want to hear it. Quit moving the goal post and listen to the evidence. Read the transcripts!

Poo pooing witnesses? lmao Because they want to call Hunter Biden and the whistle blower knowing that is unacceptable. Biden is not under investigation, TRUMP is. The whistleblower is not under investigation, TRUMP is. The GOP is a farce.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/11/19 05:28 PM.

Legend
Legend
When was the last time a defendant's witnesses were called unacceptable and dismissed when they have first hand knowledge of the events leading to the trial?

When was the last time the chief Prosecutor in a trial could pick and choose the Defense's witnesses?

Only in Washington. Only in Libby Land.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 11/11/19 05:51 PM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
#1 - This is a political process not a legal process.

#2 - Comparing this to a legal process, this would be prosecutors gathering evidence before deciding to even bring charges... how many defendants are involved in that process questioning facts and witnesses? None.

#3 - These are rules laid out by GOPers being implemented by dems, so your problem with the rules is YOUR problem.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

That is all that needs to be said. Thank you.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

That is all that needs to be said. Thank you.

A political process that is needed to reign in a corrupt POTUS.

Because the process is "political" does not mean the POTUS is an innocent victim of a political campaign.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
If the "complaint" or whatever the whistle-blower initiated isn't already corroborated by the POTUS and other first hand witnesses .... then I would say absolutely there *might* be a case for saying he needs to appear as a witness (regardless of how that might muddy the waters of how his anonymity is supposed to be guaranteed).

However - what the whistle-blower noted has been verified by countless other sources. There is no need for him to appear - and in doing so his anonymity would be compromised. So, no.

As far as politics goes - its the GOP who are playing politics rather than addressing the issues. Clamoring about process - when Republicans have had access to ALL the hearings. Stunts like invading the chamber or trying to smuggle in.... and now this total B.S. about calling the whistle-blower.

A
Legend
Legend
A
The whistle blowers name is already known.

An accused is not allowed to face the accuser?

Schiff is allowed to disallow any and all witnesses he deems un acceptable?

This IS a political dog and pony show, and you know it.

I would love to be in charge of gathering info to charge some people on here with idiocy. And it would be so convenient to not have to listen to their witnesses to deny it.

Doesn't matter, it's going nowhere. It's the same deal as the last supreme court nominee.

It's just, now, the dems feel the best route to beating trump is dragging this out as long as possible. They've been after him for years, cause hillary lost.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Condoleezza Rice Calls Giuliani’s Ukraine Involvement ‘Deeply Troubling’

https://news.yahoo.com/condoleezza-rice-calls-giuliani-ukraine-212350225.html

She must be part of the deep state as well.

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M

This IS a political dog and pony show, and you know it.

Nope. Not one bit.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/whistleblower-protections-explained

But of course - because Trump doesn't like it, because Trump can't defend the actual issues ... he deflects and distracts and attacks.

Some suckers continue to keep falling for the same old schtick.

Legend
Legend
Trump impeachment inquiry is like 'microwaved leftovers' from the Russia investigation.

Legend
Legend
No, it really isn't.

This is an investigation of an attempt to influence the 2020 election, pure and simple. "Get me dirt on Joe Biden, and you'll get your money."

Last time I checked, Joe Biden didn't run for president in 2016, the election for which the Russia probe was initiated (by Republicans)..

These dubious transactions that just got whistle-blown happened this year and last in regards to the future election, not the past one.

Your analogy is 180° incorrect.

This one's actually a fresh, scratch-cooked homemade meal just beginning to get hot in the Viking convection oven.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
O
Legend
Legend
O

An accused is not allowed to face the accuser?

Link with verifiable sources? I mean I know there are some theories out there in alt-right land but I haven't seen anything confirming WHO they are.

Schiff is allowed to disallow any and all witnesses he deems un acceptable?

Yes. He is Chair of the committee in charge and leads the investigation for the majority. Elections have consequences... remember? Y'all taught us that.

As for the rest of your blah blah blah, SOUR GRAPES. This is not only a fair process, it's a constitutional duty of the house. This is a corrupt President, regardless if you or others who support him disagree, the facts don't lie.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
No, it really isn't.

This is an investigation of an attempt to influence the 2020 election, pure and simple. "Get me dirt on Joe Biden, and you'll get your money."

Last time I checked, Joe Biden didn't run for president in 2016, the election for which the Russia probe was initiated (by Republicans)..

These dubious transactions that just got whistle-blown happened this year and last in regards to the future election, not the past one.

Your analogy is 180° incorrect.

This one's actually a fresh, scratch-cooked homemade meal just beginning to get hot in the Viking convection oven.

UNCLASSIFIED
Declassified by order of the President
September 24, 2019

MEMORANDUM OF TELEPHONE CONVERSATION

SUBJECT: Telephone Conversation with President Zelenskyy of Ukraine

Participants: President Zelenskyy of Ukraine

Notetakers: The White House Situation Room
Date, Time July 25, 2019, 9:03-9:33 am EDT
and Place: Residence

The President: Congratulations on a great victory. We all watched from the United States and you did a terrific job. The way you came from behind, somebody who wasn't given much of a chance, and you ended up winning easily. It's a fantastic achievement. Congratulations.

President Zelenskyy: You are absolutely right Mr. President. We did win big and we worked hard for this. We worked a lot but I would like to confess to you that I had an opportunity to learn from you. We used quite a few of your skills and knowledge and were able to use it as an example for our elections and yes it is true that these were unique elections. We were in a unique situation that we were able to achieve a unique success. I'm able to tell you the following; the first time you called me to congratulate me when I won my presidential election, and the second time you are now calling me when my party won the parliamentary election. I think I should run more often so you can call me more often and we can talk over the phone more often.

The President: (laughter) That's a very good idea. I think your country is very happy about that.

President Zelenskyy: Well yes, to tell you the truth, we are trying to work hard because we wanted to drain the swamp here in our country. We brought in many many new people. Not the old politicians, not the typical politicians, because we want to have a new format and a new type of government. You are a great teacher for us and in that.

The President: Well it is very nice of you to say that. I will say that we do a lot for Ukraine. We spend a lot of effort and a lot of time. Much more than the European countries are doing and they should be helping you more than they are. Germany does almost nothing for you. All they do is talk and I think it's something that you should really ask them about. When I was speaking to Angela Merkel she talks Ukraine, but she ·doesn't do anything. A lot of the European countries are the same way so I think it's something you want to look at but the United States has been very very good to Ukraine. I wouldn't say that it's reciprocal necessarily because things are happening that are not good but the United States has been very very good to Ukraine.

President Zelenskyy: Yes you are absolutely right. Not only 100%, but actually 1000% and I can tell you the following; I did talk to Angela Merkel and I did meet with her I also met and talked with Macron and I told them that they are not doing quite as much as they need to be doing on the issues with the sanctions. They are not enforcing the sanctions. They are not working as much as they should work for Ukraine. It turns out that even though logically, the European Union should be our biggest partner but technically the United States is a much bigger partner than the European Union and I'm very grateful to you for that because the United States is doing quite a lot for Ukraine. Much more than the European Union especially when we are talking about sanctions against the Russian Federation. I would also like to thank you for your great support in the area of defense. We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps specifically we are almost. ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.

The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible.

President Zelenskyy: Yes it is very important for me and everything that you just mentioned earlier. For me as a President, it is very important and we are open for any future cooperation. We are ready to open a new page on cooperation in relations between the United States and Ukraine. For that purpose, I just recalled our ambassador from United States and he will be replaced by a very competent and very experienced ambassador who will work hard on making sure that our two nations are getting closer. I would also like and hope to see him having your trust and your confidence and have personal relations with you so we can cooperate even more so. I will personally tell you that one of my assistants spoke with Mr. Giuliani just recently and we are hoping very much that Mr. Giuliani will be able to travel to Ukraine and we will meet once he comes to Ukraine. I just wanted to assure you once again that you have nobody but friends around us. I will make sure that I surround myself with the best and most experienced people. I also wanted to tell you that we are friends. We are great friends and you Mr. President have friends in our country so we can continue our strategic partnership. I also plan to surround myself with great people and in addition to that investigation, I guarantee as the President of Ukraine that all the investigations will be done openly and candidly.. That I can assure you.

The President: Good because I heard you had a prosecutor who was very good and he was shut down and that's really unfair. A lot of people are talking about that, the way they shut your very good prosecutor down and you had some very bad people involved. Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the mayor of New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to call you. I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General. Rudy very much knows what's happening and he is a very capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great. The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news so I just want to let you know that. The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.

President Zelenskyy: I wanted to tell you about the prosecutor. First of all, I understand and I'm knowledgeable about the situation. Since we have won the absolute majority in our Parliament, the next prosecutor general will be 100% my person, my candidate, who will be approved, by the parliament and will start as a new prosecutor in September. He or she will look into the situation, specifically to the company that you mentioned in this issue. The issue of the investigation of the case is actually the issue of making sure to restore the honesty so we will take care of that and will work on the investigation of the case. On top of that, I would kindly ask you if you have any additional information that you can provide to us, it would be very helpful for the investigation to make sure that we administer justice in our country with regard to the Ambassador to the United States from Ukraine as far as I recall her name was Ivanovich. It was great that you were the first one who told me that she was a bad ambassador because I agree with you 100%. Her attitude towards me was far from the best as she admired the previous President and she was on his side. She would not accept me as a new President well enough.

The President: Well, she's going to go through some things. I will have Mr. Giuliani give you a call and I am also going to have Attorney General Barr call and we will get to the bottom of it. I'm sure you will figure it out. I heard the prosecutor was treated very badly and he was a very fair prosecutor so good luck with everything. Your economy is going to get better and better I predict. You have a lot of assets. It's a great country. I have many Ukrainian friends, their incredible people.

President Zelenskyy: I would like to tell you that I also have quite a few Ukrainian friends that live in the United States. Actually last time I traveled to the United States, I stayed in New York near Central Park and I stayed at the Trump Tower. I will talk to them and I hope to see them again in the future. I also wanted to thank you for your invitation to visit the United States, specifically Washington DC. On the other hand, I also want to ensure you that we will be very serious about the case and will work on the investigation. As to the economy, there is much potential for our two countries and one of the issues that is very important for Ukraine is energy independence. I believe we can be very successful and cooperating on energy independence with United States. We are already working on cooperation. We are buying American oil but I am very hopeful for a future meeting. We will have more time and more opportunities to discuss these opportunities and get to know each other better. I would like to thank you very much for your support.

The President: Good. Well, thank you very much and I appreciate that. I will tell Rudy and Attorney General Barr to call. Thank you. Whenever you would like to come to the White House, feel free to call. Give us a date and we'll work that out. I look forward to seeing you.

President Zelenskyy: Thank you very much. I would be very happy to come and would be happy to meet with you personally and get to know you better. I am looking forward to our meeting and I also would like to invite you to visit Ukraine and come to the city of Kyiv which is a beautiful city. We have a beautiful country which would welcome you. On the other hand, I believe that on September 1 we will be in Poland and we can meet in Poland hopefully. After that, it might be a very good idea for you to travel to Ukraine. We can either take my plane and go to Ukraine or we can take your plane, which is probably much better than mine.

The President: Okay, we can work that out. I look forward to seeing you in Washington and maybe in Poland because I think we are going to be there at that time.

President Zelenskyy: Thank you very much Mr. President.

The President: Congratulations on a fantastic job you've done. The whole world was watching. I'm not sure it was so much of an upset but congratulations.

President Zelenskyy: Thank you Mr. President bye-bye.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/25/politics/donald-trump-ukraine-transcript-call/index.html

Facts will set you free!

O
Legend
Legend
O
MEMORANDUM

For those who can read this means a memo, not a transcript. This is the edited part the white house counsel and Trump wanted to release, this is not the word for word transcript. One of the witnesses has already said he heard Trump say more where ellipsis (...) were found in this memo.

BUT what you posted is damning enough. Trump asked for a favor, a quid pro quo, period. He is also soliciting a bribe or extorting the Ukrainians. But you will never see that, so Facts won't set you free.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/11/19 10:33 PM.

M
Legend
Legend
M
MEMORANDUM

For those who can read this means a memo, not a transcript. This is the edited part the white house counsel and Trump wanted to release, this is not the word for word transcript. One of the witnesses has already said he heard Trump say more where ellipsis (...) were found in this memo.

BUT what you posted is damning enough. Trump asked for a favor, a quid pro quo, period. He is also soliciting a bribe or extorting the Ukrainians. But you will never see that, so Facts won't set you free.

That's entirely the problem, all along, they don't know the difference between facts and propaganda.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
obviously projecting, as he's the one who's been altering transcripts

After Baseless Trump Claim About Transcripts, Lawyer Says Sondland’s Is Fine

https://news.yahoo.com/baseless-trump-claim-transcripts-sondland-164757377.html

President Donald Trump accused Democrats on Monday of scheming to alter witnesses’ transcripts from the impeachment inquiry, but a lawyer for a key witness said his client’s transcript looks fine.

Robert Luskin, who represents Ambassador Gordon Sondland, a key witness and a Trump administration political appointee, said his client’s testimony hadn’t been altered.

“No reason to believe that the transcript was altered, and the clarification was released in the form that it was submitted,” Luskin emailed The Daily Beast on Monday morning.

Lee Wolosky, a lawyer for ex-Senior Director for Russian and Eurasian Affairs Fiona Hill, confirmed his client’s testimony was unaltered.

“We have seen nothing to suggest that Dr. Hill’s transcript was altered (beyond routine correction of errata),” he wrote in an email.

Thousands of pages of testimony have already been released and neither lawmakers nor witnesses have complained about the contents of the depositions.

In addition to accusing Democrats of misdeeds without evidence, Trump said Republicans should release their own versions of the documents as a check.

Sondland testified to the inquiry on Oct. 17, but updated his testimony just last week to say he had suspected the Trump administration withheld military aid from Ukraine to pressure the country into investigating a company linked to former Vice President Joe Biden.

Democrats pointed to Sondland’s admission as evidence of their worst suspicions: that the administration put the president’s political goals over support for a key American partner at war with Russian-backed fighters. Sondland, however, also said in his update that nobody in the Trump administration told him about a quid pro quo scheme, and that he still does not know why Trump temporarily withheld the military aid.

Sondland’s reversal has been pilloried on the right, with some Republicans even accusing him of working with Democrats.

Trump, who a month ago described the ambassador as “a really good man and great American,” has not lashed out publicly at Sondland but planted what seemed to a kiss of death in comments to reporters last week.

“I hardly know the gentleman,” Trump said, when asked about Sondland’s edited testimony.

And Sen. Lindsey Graham, one of Trump’s most staunch congressional allies, suggested in a Fox News interview that Sondland may have conspired with Democrats to add the damaging material to his testimony.

“Why did Sunderland change his testimony?” Graham said, inaccurately referring to Sondland. “Was there a connection between Sunderland and Democratic operatives on the committee? Did he talk to Schiff? Did he talk to Schiff’s staffers?”

Trump’s anger with the inquiry is percolating as Democrats gear up for the first week of public impeachment hearings. On Wednesday, State Department officials George Kent and Ambassador Bill Taylor, the top U.S. diplomat in Ukraine, are set to testify before the House Intelligence Committee. Then on Friday, former U.S. Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch –who represented the U.S. in Kyiv until a scheme helmed by Rudy Giuliani resulted in her removal from that post–will testify. Transcripts from all three witnesses’ closed-door testimonies have been released. They include damaging allegations about Trump’s relationship with Ukraine. But some of the information that could cause the most trouble for the president is second- or third-hand.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
YAWNnnnnn.....

Sure wish the House would vote to impeach already so the Senate can throw this nonsense in the trash.

Then maybe we can get on to the US/Mexico/Canada Trade Deal for the good of American Workers! thumbsup

You really want this to end quickly so Trump can get back to stealing from America.

YOu don't like that he got caught. You don't like that there are a number of credible people that have been brought forward to testify about his misdeeds.

You don't like it when you are constantly proven to have faith in the faithless feckless person in the white house.,

I guess I can understand why you'd want it to end quickly.. It's got to be embarrassing for you.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Consider the latest remark from the circus master himself, California Rep. Adam Schiff, (think Bozo, not Pennywise). The Democratic chairman of the House Intelligence Committee says he doesn’t want Republicans turning the impeachment proceedings into a “sham.” The hilarious irony is lost on no one. Schiff has already managed to accomplish it all on his own.

At first, Schiff wanted the faux “whistleblower” who triggered the impeachment farce to testify. Then, suddenly, he didn’t. What changed? In the interim, evidence emerged that Schiff and/or his staff colluded with the “whistleblower” before the complaint was ever filed and then lied about it, earning Schiff “Four Pinocchios” from The Washington Post.

tsktsk

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Mulvaney’s OMB Held Up Lethal Ukraine Aid in 2017 for Fear of Russian Reaction

https://news.yahoo.com/mulvaneys-omb-held-lethal-ukraine-230208899.html

Under Mick Mulvaney’s leadership, the Office of Management and Budget temporarily put a hold on the delivery of anti-tank missiles to Ukraine in 2017 because of concerns their arrival would upset Russia, according to former White House official Catherine Croft.

She described OMB’s objection as “highly unusual.”

Croft’s testimony indicates that concerns about the U.S. relationship with Russia had a direct—though short-lived—impact on U.S./Ukraine policy in the first year of Trump’s presidency.

Croft told congressional impeachment investigators that after the Trump administration greenlit the delivery of Javelin missiles to Ukraine in late 2017—the first delivery of lethal aid to the country since Russian separatists seized territory in its Eastern region in 2014—Mulvaney’s office held it up.

“Did you understand why?” asked the congressional staffer questioning her.

“I understood the reason to be a policy one,” she replied.

“What was the policy one?”

“In a briefing with Mick Mulvaney, the question centered around the Russian reaction,” she continued.

“What was the concern about the Russian reaction?” asked the staffer.

“That Russia would react negatively to the provision of Javelins to Ukraine,” she said.

The Daily Beast first reported last month that OMB held up the 2017 shipment of Javelins to Ukraine. Croft said the hold lasted “about a week or two,” and that “all of the policy agencies” wanted the aid to go to Ukraine. She said OMB’s interest in the decision about whether to send Javelins to Ukraine was abnormal.

Key Impeachment Witnesses Finger Mulvaney In the Quid Pro Quo

“[It] was rather unusual to have OMB expressing concerns that were purely policy-based and not budget-oriented,” she said.

“At the beginning of the Ukrainian Javelin process, I had been told that OMB was taking a policy interest,” she continued. “And OMB began sending working level officials to attend meetings... which was very unusual at the time.”

She noted that OMB staff also started attending meetings regarding aid to countries besides Ukraine and that the increase in their involvement was “quite taxing on a very small organization.”

Mulvaney and several other OMB officials have refused to participate in the congressional impeachment inquiry.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Consider the latest remark from the circus master himself, California Rep. Adam Schiff, (think Bozo, not Pennywise). The Democratic chairman of the House Intelligence Committee says he doesn’t want Republicans turning the impeachment proceedings into a “sham.” The hilarious irony is lost on no one. Schiff has already managed to accomplish it all on his own.

At first, Schiff wanted the faux “whistleblower” who triggered the impeachment farce to testify. Then, suddenly, he didn’t. What changed? In the interim, evidence emerged that Schiff and/or his staff colluded with the “whistleblower” before the complaint was ever filed and then lied about it, earning Schiff “Four Pinocchios” from The Washington Post.

tsktsk

What's wrong with him not wanting anyone to turn it into a sham?

Republicans placed Jim Jordan of Ohio on this committee so he can act the part of "attack dog"!

They want to bring up Biden,, What the hell does that have to do with it? They want the Whistleblower revealed.. That's illegal if I understand it correctly. That's also the way most republicans believed until Trump came along.

Their intention is to distract and distract and then, more distraction.

They have to play it that way.. They don't have the ability to defend Trumps actions,., He clearly committed an offense.

You'll start seeing it tomorrow. The Trump minions will attack and attack, but not the facts., they can't attack the facts.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish

Condi is just one example of the intelligent reasonable people being pushed out of the republican party because they aren't raving lunatics...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
40 will say that it's a fake testimony,.,,., LOL Trouble is, Republicans were in the room when the testimony was given. They would have to lie about it to agree.

But I'm sure there is video of the testimony and I would suppose they know it. So they will either say nothing or they'll need to admit (when pressed hard) that the testimony is accurate.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
"I'm not a puppet; you're the puppet."

Just like the Trumpster fire you slavishly support, your post is 180° in opposition to truth, facts... and their father, Reality.

But please- do continue to post your highly entertaining fan fiction. The daily laffs are deeply appreciated.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

Condi is just one example of the intelligent reasonable people being pushed out of the republican party because they aren't raving lunatics...

Always liked her.. Maybe it's because she's a Browns fan? LOL

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

That doesn't hurt.. but primarily because she is a genuinely decent, intelligent human being...

It wasn't all that long ago that there was a clamoring among Republicans to have her run for President... sadly, those days are long gone...

Whether Trump wins the next election or not.. I don't know what the Republican candidate after him looks like, I'm not sure where you go from here.. a sizeable portion of the party has made it perfectly clear that they are done with decency and the whole notion of conservatism..

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

That doesn't hurt.. but primarily because she is a genuinely decent, intelligent human being...

It wasn't all that long ago that there was a clamoring among Republicans to have her run for President... sadly, those days are long gone...

Whether Trump wins the next election or not.. I don't know what the Republican candidate after him looks like, I'm not sure where you go from here.. a sizeable portion of the party has made it perfectly clear that they are done with decency and the whole notion of conservatism..

Condi would make an excellent Republican President, after Trump is gone of course.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And that is terribly sad. We've gone around over disagreements in terms of policy and the platforms of the two parties. There are issues we do not agree on. But we haven't called each other the enemy. We haven't called each other un American. He has attacked opponents within his own party. Using petty, and childish names to attack anyone who refuses to walk lockstep in line with him. He has attacked the free press by dubbing them, "The enemy of the people".

The list is too long to list in a single post.

Common decency, decorum and simply acting like a civil adult no longer resides in “The People's House”. It's a scourge on our country.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
And that is terribly sad. We've gone around over disagreements in terms of policy and the platforms of the two parties. There are issues we do not agree on. But we haven't called each other the enemy. We haven't called each other un American. He has attacked opponents within his own party. Using petty, and childish names to attack anyone who refuses to walk lockstep in line with him. He has attacked the free press by dubbing them, "The enemy of the people".

The list is too long to list in a single post.

Common decency, decorum and simply acting like a civil adult no longer resides in “The People's House”. It's a scourge on our country.

You mean like the common decency of constant coup attempts against a duly elected president?
Like lying before congress about having "Proof of Collusion" against a sitting president?
Decency like we found at the head of the FBI, Justice, The CIA and NSA?
Or like holding up funds to a nation under attack by the Russians to get a prosecutor fired who was investigating the company of your corrupt son?
Like adding 8 million Americans to the Food Stamp program?

Trump decently fix all these things.

The Scourge once said Trump would need to wave a magic wand to bring back manufacturing jobs, but alas, he did it without the wand. thumbsup

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 11/12/19 02:38 PM.
O
Legend
Legend
O

You mean like the common decency of constant coup attempts against a duly elected president?
Like lying before congress about having "Proof of Collusion" against a sitting president?
Decency like we found at the head of the FBI, Justice, The CIA and NSA?
Or like holding up funds to a nation under attack by the Russians to get a prosecutor fired who was investigating the company of your corrupt son?
Like adding 8 million Americans to the Food Stamp program?

Trump decently fix all these things.

The Scourge once said Trump would need to wave a magic wand to bring back manufacturing jobs, but alas, he did it without the wand. thumbsup

So this is what TDS looks like in real life.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Impeachment: Live Free or Die Hard

Link Copied to Clipboard