Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Garrett was retreating...that means he was walking away...Rudolph re-started the melee and got punked. Somehow, that equates to Garret being suspended for a year? Ridiculous.

Again...Garret was walking away from the fight when Rudolph charged after him. The incident was over...Rudolph attacked. Watch the tape.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
rolleyes

Overreaction Friday.

Last edited by bigdatut; 11/15/19 12:22 PM.

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
Garrett was retreating...that means he was walking away...Rudolph re-started the melee and got punked. Somehow, that equates to Garret being suspended for a year? Ridiculous.

Again...Garret was walking away from the fight when Rudolph charged after him. The incident was over...Rudolph attacked. Watch the tape.

again...people are justifying what he did...its ridiculous...guess what..Garrett could have kept retreating..but no, he took a weapon and hit an unprotected player in the head..

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
bigdatut #1694706 11/15/19 12:24 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: bigdatut
rolleyes

Overreaction Friday.

overreaction was what garrett did last night..guarantee Godell throws the hammer down

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
O
Legend
Legend
O
Like I said last night:

Myles wasn't trying to hit Rudolph with that helmet, he was trying to put it back on him.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
G
Rookie
Rookie
G
I think:
1) Myles didn't know the ball was out and was finishing what he thought to be a walk off sack.
2) Mason took exception to being dragged down at the end of an out of reach game and reacted against Myles.

Kizer rhymes with Kosar.
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: BirdDawg81
Yeeeeeeesh. The helmet attack was not good. That being said I highly doubt Myles had any intent to kill the guy and he didn't kill the guy. Guys take a lot harder shots to the head throughout the game. Myles probably could have hurt him more by punching him in the face. Who knows though.

Myles really seems to be look a good guy off the field. I think he is just trying to make lots of plays during the game. Never came across as a dirty player to me. Talk of shutting down his NFL career is sad. I'd give him a 2 game suspension but I have a feeling it will be more like 6. This is a guy that plays hard for our team... I don't want to lose him. And he didn't beat the hell out of a woman off the field or kill anybody or anything like that. And he didn't start the fight.

I would think that suiting up and playing Pittsburgh in two weeks would be punishment enough. Talk about motivation. Oh, and he needs to write a big check. You young guys just got your Turkey Jones Moment.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
1st String
1st String
Originally Posted By: leadtheway

again...people are justifying what he did...its ridiculous...guess what..Garrett could have kept retreating..but no, he took a weapon and hit an unprotected player in the head..

People are also over looking Mason's role in this.as another poster said shouldn't kicking Myles in the groin with spiked cleats also be considered using a weapon. It very easily could have severed a testicle or even his manhood not to mention it could have caused him to not be able to have children in the future if he so chooses to. I'm not saying Myles was right in swinging the helmet but Rudolph certainly isn't innocent in the situation either

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: BustkeviousMingo

People are also over looking Mason's role in this.as another poster said shouldn't kicking Myles in the groin with spiked cleats also be considered using a weapon. It very easily could have severed a testicle or even his manhood not to mention it could have caused him to not be able to have children in the future if he so chooses to. I'm not saying Myles was right in swinging the helmet but Rudolph certainly isn't innocent in the situation either

kicked in a plastic cup by plastic cleats..yeah..don't think they justifies trying to decapitate someone with a helmet

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

There's a difference in understanding why a person does what they do and understanding that what they did was wrong.

It was obvious from my perspective that Rudolph first tried to take Myles helmet off. That was quite obvious. So if someone is looking for who instigated the melee it was obviously Rudolph.

At that juncture I didn't think Myles removing Rudolph's helmet in retaliation was so far out of line. I felt it would still get him elected from the game and cause a fine, but it was within the realm of what I consider a reasonable response.

And it's true that Rudolph continued to come at Garrett. However, by that time there were enough players involved to stop it from escalating. There were players who had positioned themselves between Myles and Rudolph. Myles actually reached over other players to strike Rudolph with his helmet.

While I understand his anger and his passion, there is a point you can't go beyond. He went beyond that point. The NFL has millions of fans. This was a prime time Thursday night game. This is behavior the NFL most certainly can not allow and they will send a very strong message to show that.

It's not going to end well. And it shouldn't.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Rudolph would not be very popular with the players or players union should he press charges. I doubt that would or should happen. Garret lost it and now he will pay monetarily and time wise. He shouldn't be alone in either though. Just maybe a steeper penalty.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Suspended indefinitely; needs to meet with Goodell. Example has been made. As it should have. Both teams fined $250K. Pouncey suspended 3 games. Larry O got 1 game.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
PitDAWG #1694730 11/15/19 12:56 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

If you walk up to a snarling dog in his fenced in yard and you get bit petting that dog...who is at fault?

Rudolph is a punk who got what he was asking for. All this talk about Garrett being the attacker is BS. He was not the attacker at any point in the melee.

He was retreating when Rudolph charged him. I'm rather stunned how hard Browns fans are trying to pin the blame on Garrett.

Legend
Legend
BREAKING

Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely, at least for the remainder of the regular season and postseason

https://www.cleveland19.com/2019/11/15/m...tHDPL5Mnspz2U9Y

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
Legend
Legend
L
just like i figured..people blinded by the fact he's browns player and don't realize how serious it was

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
just like i figured..people blinded by the fact he's browns player and don't realize how serious it was

It was not serious at all, it was a ruffle..

Serious are some hits players make to injure other players..

And no punishment for Mason???

L
Legend
Legend
L
only thing i don't agree with is Rudolph should have gotten a couple games as well. but that would have been detrimental to pittsburgh so we can't allow that

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: rastanplan

lol yeah..not serious at all..you illustrate my point

Legend
Legend
however, Big L will be back for the 2nd game at pittsburgh, and with no Pouncey, i suspect Mason will still get put on his ass by Big L and Richardson.

- Theodore Roosevelt
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
I do not condone Myles' actions... shouldn't happen on the field. I am reading and hearing about Rudolph having kicked him in the nuts. There will be consequences but it shouldn't ruin the man's career. Myles' seems like a good guy off the field -- truly. He took a punch in the face on the streets and did nothing! He's done charity work (I know a lot of players do).. It seems out of character for him. If he had a history of this I would feel differently, but he doesn't. I just don't think they should come out and basically crucify the guy like they are today... Doesn't mean he shouldn't get some kind of suspension

Legend
Legend
I don't know a thing but just have a feeling it's going to be more like a four game suspension, that may get reduced to 2 games if he appeals.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GwarriorScumDawg
2) Mason took exception to being dragged down at the end of an out of reach game and reacted against Myles.

The game was out of reach, and there was no reason to be throwing the ball

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
GMdawg #1694751 11/15/19 01:12 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
I don't know a thing but just have a feeling it's going to be more like a four game suspension, that may get reduced to 2 games if he appeals.

lol somehow anything that comes from you about the team has a way ending up insider info. Let's hope you're right for the team sake

Swish #1694752 11/15/19 01:12 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Well what a great cherry on top of the treat this season has been ...

Dang ... this has been horrible on so may levels ...

L
Legend
Legend
L

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If your dropping back and passing attempting to score then you risk being sacked. Thank your coach for that one.
Take the L and hit the showers at that point.

1st String
1st String

kicked in a plastic cup by plastic cleats..yeah..don't think they justifies trying to decapitate someone with a helmet

how do you know that Myles was wearing a cup. Not all players wear cups and sharpened plastic can do just as much damage as metal. And I don't believe Myles was trying to decapitate Mason when he hit him with the open end of the helmet.If he would of hit him with the crown I could see that but he didn't. I think they were both wrong in what they did and to me that's beyond obvious

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

So typical of the NFL and their protecting of the Steelers.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Jester #1694758 11/15/19 01:15 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If someone could copy and paste the body of the article, I'd appreciate it. Too difficult from my phone and won't be on a computer until Monday night. Thanks

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
All Pro
All Pro

Mary Kay sure is wearing her yellow and black today. Or she just signed he name to a Pittsburgh press release.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
Legend
Legend
j/c

So typical of the NFL and their protecting of the Steelers.

Forcing Rudolph to play isn't exactly doing the Steelers any favors tongue

L
Legend
Legend
L

how do you know that Myles was wearing a cup. Not all players wear cups and sharpened plastic can do just as much damage as metal. And I don't believe Myles was trying to decapitate Mason when he hit him with the open end of the helmet.If he would of hit him with the crown I could see that but he didn't. I think they were both wrong in what they did and to me that's beyond obvious

he didn't try to hit him with the open end...he just swung it..it happened to land that way

Legend
Legend
J/C

Figured he’d be gone for the year ... SO many people in the media and other players were clamoring for it (not that it isn’t warranted)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Jester #1694766 11/15/19 01:18 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Jester
If someone could copy and paste the body of the article, I'd appreciate it. Too difficult from my phone and won't be on a computer until Monday night. Thanks

Mason Rudolph’s agent leaves open pursuing assault charges against Myles Garrett
Updated 11:51 AM;Today 11:40 AM
Cleveland Browns Myles Garrett fights with Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph during game, November 14, 2019
shares
By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com
CLEVELAND, Ohio — Mason Rudolph’s agent Tim Younger is leaving open the possibility of pursuing assault charges or other legal action Myles Garrett, he told cleveland.com.

“I’m not taking anything off the table,’’ Younger, an attorney, responded in a text message early Friday morning when asked specifically if he’ll pursue assault charges.

In the waning seconds of Thursday night’s 21-7 victory over the Steelers, Garrett ripped off Rudolph’s helmet and clubbed him over the head with it.

Myles Garrett ejected for clubbing Rudolph with the QB’s own helmet

Center Maurkice Pouncey, who retaliated by punching and kicking Garrett, noted that the blow could’ve been fatal.

“He could have killed him,’’ said Pouncey. “What if he'd hit in him the temple?"

The blow also came just over a month after Rudolph was knocked out cold by Baltimore’s Earl Thomas and sat out the next game with a concussion.

“There are many risks an NFL QB assumes with every snap taken on the field,’’ Younger tweeted early Friday morning. “Being hit on your uncovered head by a helmet being swung by a 275 lb DE is not one of them. Tonight could have had a catastrophic ending. The matter will be reviewed thoroughly.’’

He also stated that the helmet hit, which followed a ‘very late takedown…cannot be defended by reasonable minds.’’

Rudolph’s camp is disgusted by the narrative circulating on the internet that the quarterback is somehow equally culpable because he tried to defend himself after the late hit, which wasn’t flagged.

The fight began after a short Rudolph pass when Garrett bear-hugged him late and planted him on his head. Rudolph, picked off four times by the Browns, tried to rip off Garrett’s helmet, and shoved him away with a foot to the groin area. But Garrett ripped off Rudolph’s helmet instead, and used it as a weapon, clubbing Rudolph in the head with it when he came at him.

Guard David DeCastro pulled Garrett off Rudolph, but couldn’t stop him from smashing him in the head. Pouncey threw a few punches at Garrett in retaliation before DeCastro landed on Garrett in the end zone, shielding his body from Pouncey, who still managed to kick Garrett in the helmet.

Larry Ogunjobi got in on the act, shoving Rudolph down from behind while Pouncey pounced on Garrett.

The melee resulted in the ejections of Garrett, Pouncey and Ogunjobi, who will all be fined and some or all suspended.

“I made a mistake,’’ said Garrett, who cost himself a chance at NFL Defensive Player of the Year and possibly the rest of his season. “I lost my cool, and it’s going to come back to hurt our team. What I did was foolish, and I shouldn’t have allowed myself to slip like that. It’s out of character.’’

The ejections came on the heels of Browns safety Damarious Randall getting thrown out of the game with 8:05 left in the third quarter for a crushing helmet-to-helmet hit on receiver Diontae Johnson. The hit was so hard it made Johnson’s ear bleed. And that blow came after a helmet-to-helmet hit by Greedy Williams that knocked Steelers leading receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster out of the game with a concussion.

“People get helmet-to-helmet contact every week,’’ Kitchens said of the two concussive blows.

But Steelers coach Mike Tomlin was so mad after the game he refused to address the Garrett outburst. The two teams meet again in Pittsburgh on Dec. 1, a little more than two weeks away.

“You guys saw what happened at the end,’’ Tomlin said. “I have no comment. No more questions regarding that because I’m saying nothing.’’

But Rudolph, who was sacked four times to go along with his four interceptions - two by Joe Schobert - had plenty to say about it.

“Where did it cross the line? Maybe where he took my helmet off and used it as a weapon,” Rudolph said. "I know it was bush-league. It was a total coward move on his part.’’

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

Myles pouncy and ogi get suspened and fined, nothing for Mason.

So the 4 main contributors to last night, the three black guys get fined and suspended, and the white guy gets nothing.....not a good look NFL.

Swish #1694770 11/15/19 01:19 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish

And Rudolph the instigator got nada!

[Linked Image]

FL_Dawg #1694772 11/15/19 01:20 PM
Legend
Legend
The NFL said more punishments forthcoming, so maybe he’ll get a game

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: rastanplan

lol yeah..not serious at all..you illustrate my point

Stuff like this happens even in practice with team mates.

There are many things that happen in the field that I consider much more serious like tackling to injure players.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Myles Garrett

Link Copied to Clipboard