Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
GMdawg #1695060 11/16/19 12:42 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Slap on the wrist?????????

WTF are you talking about Rudolph got off Scott free no penelty, no suspension, and no fine. The NFL might just as well as said it's open season on Browns players AND WE DON'T GIVE A DAMN.

I saw on NFL Network Ruldolph will be fined only.

Come on Pdawg you know that punishment is like the NFL telling me I can only drink 17 beers instead of 18.

I know. I was just posting what I heard. I think Rudolph deserves at least a game suspension.

#gmstrong
Pdawg #1695061 11/16/19 12:53 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Slap on the wrist?????????

WTF are you talking about Rudolph got off Scott free no penelty, no suspension, and no fine. The NFL might just as well as said it's open season on Browns players AND WE DON'T GIVE A DAMN.

I saw on NFL Network Ruldolph will be fined only.

Come on Pdawg you know that punishment is like the NFL telling me I can only drink 17 beers instead of 18.

I know. I was just posting what I heard. I think Rudolph deserves at least a game suspension.

I agree. I'd be madder that Rudolph isn't suspended except he's terrible anyways.

Where were all the suspensions when the Steelers were bullying us?

I honestly don't understand how the NFL continues to get away with biased behavior towards the Browns.

Who's job is this to fix? Haslam?

I'm debating if I want to stop watching the NFL entirely.

I'd miss it so much, but it just feels like I'm supporting a criminal enterprise. I can deal with biased Refs calls until we have superstars for them to protect. I can deal with mismanagement, extra fines, etc, but suspending players of ours and not theirs is next level favoritism.

Some people say it's racism because Rudolph was the only white player of the 4. The MOST at fault, and yet got the least punishment.

Could that be true? That would make me sad.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
This will get appealed because Haslam is getting cost 100,000,0000 of dollars.
This means the AFC north is a 3 way dogfight.

Legend
Legend
1 player does not make a team. We won and the Steelers took a good ole fashion butt whipping. Moving on.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
J/C

I keep reading how Browns/Browns fans are playing the blame game. I'm not blaming anyone, in fact I don't care how it started. I'm taking what I saw in the video and issuing suspensions. I don't even care who or why it started...

I don't understand how Rudolph gets no suspension after looking at the video. I would LOVE to hear the reasoning why the NFL didn't suspend him and what they saw in the video to justify it.

If Rudolph does nothing after having his helmet ripped off, the incident is over, we have ejections and minimal fines and suspensions. Except, Rudolph charges after Garrett and punches/grabs him in the groin. Is the NFL gonna say he was just trying to get his helmet back?

After the incident, Ogunjobi pushes Rudolph to the ground and he receives a game suspension? Are you kidding me? Since when is pushing a player to the ground a suspension? No punches thrown, nothing. Game suspension, but the guy who prolongs the fight, nothing.

It's unbelievable that Rudolph received zero suspension. Unbelievable! Maybe Garrett starts it, maybe Rudolph did, but Rudolph 100% prolonged in the fight charging after Garrett.

Please NFL, tell me what you saw that justifies no suspension for Mason Rudolph. I'm most upset about this than potentially losing the best defensive player in the league for the season.

What Garrett did is inexcusable, but Mason Rudolph no suspension is a complete and utter joke.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Rudolph tried to puck MG and got the worst end of it period.

Now I don't go for after the play is over violence but you have to ask yourself a question why did this whole thing start?

MG had Rudolph grab his facemask and ear hole and twist, MG then ripped his helmet from his head, then Rudolph tried to go for MG no-no's and got a helmet to his head for his trouble. The NFL can blame MG for his act, but not Rudolph for his.

The fact is MG overreacted and could have inflicted a life threatening injury to Rudolph, but Rudolph is far from a innocent victim here and that would be my point.

Make no mistake either the Browns were ready for the Steelers to TRY to punch them in the face as they have so many times.

IMO its long past time the Browns stood up to the Steelers but this went a bit to far. I got MG back, but never use a helmet to do the deed beat the hell out of him with your hands he is a punk treat him like one, beat his ass.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Legend
Legend
After looking at the steeler message boards, there are more than a few of their fans that wish Rudolph would get suspended.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
j/c

I had a feeling the punishment they would hand out would be handed out. Rudolph is skating, basically, because he's a quarterback. Pouncy will appeal and have it knocked down to 2 games perhaps, long enough to keep him out of the next meeting.

Garret is so wrong man. I know it's emotion but the better part of valor is to walk away. Be the bigger man and be the better man. Now, he's the villain of the entire NFL community to say nothing of mainstream media running this story and social media. He made Ben Shaprio for God sakes!

Now the dude is going to lose more money than I will make in ten lifetimes and hurt his team by not being out on the field. I don't feel sorry for him. I am irked, really.

That being said, the NFL has a discipline problem. Myles gets an indefinite suspension which could mean, and it wouldn't surprise me, that he's suspended into next year. This is PR pure and simple. He's getting a bigger suspension than dudes who beat women or do drugs. This is PR punishment.

Rudolph should be suspended a game or two as well. That little punk cried and played the "babe of the woods" routine and had is agent talk to a lawyer. I sincerely hope, that when we play again in two weeks, we beat the ever loving snot out of him, pick off four more passes and beat the crap out of that team in their stadium.

jfanent #1695079 11/16/19 09:19 AM
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: jfanent
After looking at the steeler message boards, there are more than a few of their fans that wish Rudolph would get suspended.

I know several Steelers fans that feel the same way. If it was Big Ben though they probably wouldn't say that . . . they say that cause Rudolph sucks.

Legend
Legend
I’m already down to watching only the Browns games in their entirety. Other nfl games I pay little attention to, if they’re on my tv, it’s generally as background noise. These actions by goddell are just one more nail in the nfl coffin for me. I’m finally to a point where the nfl isn’t worth the time investment I’ve previously made to the sport. To not give Rudolph any kind of suspension is the nfl’s version of picking winners and losers. Either suspend no one or everyone involved, this outcome is absolutely unfair.

#GMSTRONG
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: bluecollarball

Garret is so wrong man. I know it's emotion but the better part of valor is to walk away. Be the bigger man and be the better man. Now, he's the villain of the entire NFL community to say nothing of mainstream media running this story and social media. He made Ben Shaprio for God sakes!

Garrett WAS walking away...retreating towards the back of the endzone...neutralized by a Steeler O Lineman. Mason charged at Garrett.

None of the videos making it to TV show any of that...not how it all started...not Garrett retreating...not even Pouncey in a roid rage.

I was discussing the fight with a Bengal-fan friend last night. He said that Garrett should not have come at Rudolph...I explained that Garrett did NOT come after Rudolph...we argued about the point...the game was being replayed in the bar. At the end of the game, he changed his mind 100% about who was at fault once he saw the whole event.

Not many non-Browns fans or non-Steeler fans will ever see the entire event...those who did, saw the guy who unnecessarily started the fight get punked...just like it should be in life.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Doesn't fit the narrative the Media wants to push . Why many, many folks don't trust the Media anymore .

If you broke the incident down frame by you come away with a totally different opinion of the incident.

All know that Garrett went overboard . he is going get Time Out !

Not on the same page with our Owners ( as usual ) . Would have worded my statement very differently !

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
After seeing Rudolph's press conference...yuck...what a smug SOB

Its important to understand, Garret HELD BACK that swing was a defensive swing, not an offense one...Garret easily could have split rudolph's head in half if he wanted to, Have you SEEN Myles Garret?

Trust me, Garret held back, he barely swung that helmet at Rudolph at all, he easily could have split his head or killed him if he wanted to. That needs to be stated that Garret did indeed hold back.

I don't think Garret will be out that long, the indefinite suspension is just there because they haven't decided a number of games yet, they are meeting with them next week.

Garret has the NFL Rulebook on his side:

Rule 12 Section 2

ARTICLE 17. USE OF HELMET AS A WEAPON.
A player may not use a helmet that is no longer worn by anyone as a weapon to strike, swing at, or throw at an opponent.

Penalty: For illegal use of a helmet as a weapon: Loss of 15 yards and automatic disqualification. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down.

Simply put, swinging a helmet is just an ejection and nothing more.

Mason Rudolph grabbing and twisting Garrets helmet is JUST AS EGREGIOUS as what Garret did according to the NFL Rule book, perhaps even moreso:

ARTICLE 15.
TWISTING, PULLING, OR TURNING THE FACEMASK OR HELMET OPENING

.No player shall grasp and control, twist, turn, push, or pull the facemask or helmet opening of an opponent in any direction.

Note:If a player grasps an opponent’s facemask or helmet opening, he must immediately release it. If he does not immediately release it and controls his opponent, it is a foul.

Penalty: For twisting, turning, pushing, pulling, or controlling the mask or helmet opening: Loss of 15 yards. The player may be disqualified if the action is flagrant. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down.

https://operations.nfl.com/media/3831/2019-playing-rules.pdf

Simply put, What Garret did is being blown out of proportion. Rudolph didn't get hurt or killed because Garret wasn't trying to hurt or kill him, he was simply trying to get Rudolph away from him before he could take a 3rd shot at his man parts.

Mason Rudolph is not in a hospital or dead today soley because Myless Garret chose not to use his real actualy power in swinging that helmet. Garret CONSCIUOUSLY CHOSE not use his full power in that swing....Rudolph is a lucky, lucky man...he would do best to remember that.

Last edited by Knight_Of_Brown; 11/16/19 10:11 AM.
GMdawg #1695087 11/16/19 10:21 AM
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I would doubt the Browns appeal. They want it all behind them. Appealing will only keep it on the front page longer

I hope the Browns have the gonads to stick up for their player while admitting what he did was wrong. There is ZERO precidense for what the NFL is trying to do.

I finally got to see the replays in slo mo...

Rudolph started it.. Garrett finished it.

Garrett was wrong, no question. But for Rudolph to walk scottfree, no,... I don't think so.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c:

The NFL is saying that if you wear brown and orange, you don't matter.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
I find it funny all these pundits stating that Garrett used the helmet as a weapon and could have killed Rudolf.

Meanwhile in football the helmet is being used as a weapon every game and the NFL is trying to stop that of course.

Rudolf was not injured the helmet was not a hammer being wielded immediately Rudolf lifts his hands up and looks for a ref. not go to the ground injured and after the melee you see him in the huddle "LAUGHING" cause he knows what he did and got away with it.

I'm sure he was bragging about it in the huddle....hahaha I grabbed his nuts, hahaha

This is an obvious reaction from the NFL to the Browns organization, they will do whatever they can to penalize the Browns organization as their fans forced them to put a team in Cleveland over LA Calif. Then the fans has the audacity to run the refs out of the stadium as the new rule for replay that was installed clearly stating that it could not be utilized after a play was ran. Which we did and then they say hold it we are reviewing the play...against the rules.

Yes, what we did throwing bottles at the refs was wrong.

Yes, what Garrett did hitting a player in the head with a helmet in hand. Was clearly wrong and I'm sure to a man/woman here we are saying he should be punished but there seems to be a great double standard here.

Rudolf was clearly the aggressor.
Rudolf clearly broke the rules by grabbing at Garretts facemask.
Shame shame on Aikman who was kissing the Steelers butt all game. Stating that Rudolf's finger was stuck in Garretts helmet that is why he was pulling on it. Shame on Aikman!!!

Garrett clearly pulled back on Rudolf and clearly ripped off his helmet.

Garrett was then held and rendered done and over altercation DONE!
Rudolf then clearly runs after Garrett with hatred and teeth bared punching Garrett in the nuts.

Garrett then responded in a REACTION...not premeditated to swing the only available arm at Rudolf striking him on the top of the head which didn't PHASE RUDOLF one bit as he immediately threw up his hands and turned to a REF as in I'm an innocent guy in all this and look what happens to me. Come on Refs, you are supposed to protect me not only am I a QB but I'M A STEELER who gets special considerations by the NFL!!!

Then he is laughing in the huddle after all this was done and over.

Garrett who never had an incident prior not even a breath of wrong doing except being caught off sides a few times and complaining to refs for being held as in almost all the time!

Haynesworth had a history and prior incidents. As did Burfict ,, Suh and others. Garrett NOTHING in his history.

But how dare he make the Steelers look foolish on national television. The NFL made a KNEE JERK reaction cause of all the people who hate on football as the political correct politicians have been trying to push SOCCER on us so we can be like the rest of the world, how dare we have our own game called football. How dare we not excel in the World cup.

So all these football HATERS reacted to just the edited film where Garrett swings the helmet and hits Rudolf on the top of his head. NO BLOOD, no woozy action by Rudolf one bit. Immediately he is looking for a ref to get Garrett in trouble and then after Garrett was apologizing to all he has the audacity to call Garrett a Coward this coming from the guy who hit Garrett in the NUTS!

Once again we fans must rise up against the NFL and bombard their offices with not so much to say that Garrett is an INNOCENT...cause he is not. But he does not have a history and Rudolf's involvement in this is being totally ignored.

Pouncey gets 3 games for kicking Garrett when on the ground defenseless...possibly causing MORE HARM then Rudolf being hit on top of his head. NOT WITH an hammer as they seem to want all to believe but the helmet by itself is not a weapon. It gives and without a HEAD INSIDE it to make it solid is really just a shell of an implement. Again that should never be used in that action. Garrett should pay but not to the tune of the most costly degree of penalty imposed on a football player.

Meanwhile whilst the real coward is there smirking in the huddle as he got away with.
1. Starting the melee.
2. Continuing the melee after it was OVER.
3. Punching Garrett in the nuts.

We have been abused by the Steelers physically for years and then we are kicking their butts all over the place and They OBJECTED to the fact that we continued to kick their butts when the game was over...well sorry I did not see the Steelers take a knee to run out the clock and go home. LIKE MEN

Nah they took the Steeler way and were wussies all the way.

jmho biased as it may be but peel away all the HOMERISM in there and the facts tell the story and I am not far off by any means! This bowing down for years by the NFL with ridiculous calls in playoffs all in the Steelers favor. With their HC actually coming onto the field and sticking out his leg tripping a guy who was going to score on a kickoff return and what did he get...just guessing "COACH OF THE YEAR"???

How dare the Browns totally dominate the Steelers...against all odds my goodness its almost like Trump who out of nowhere won an election. Immediately the list of injured players is put up on the screen to excuse the totally domination we were doing on the Steelers.

I can go on and on...my wife is like...Please stop I don't want to see you have another heart attack over this. As I just came out of the hospital Thursday...wanting to watch my Browns on my TV at home not in the hospital so begged the doctors to release me not on Friday! Oh btw got a clean bill of health regarding my Cancer and told one last check up a year from now and they will consider me in full remission as in GONE FOR GOOD!!!

Now only if I could walk again...without limping and can golf without losing my balance. Oh man we can still do this.

But I will guarantee you ONE THING...when we sack Rudlolf in 2 weeks from now...watch the yellow flag come out and we will get a ROUGHING THE PASSER Penalty...unless it is as pure clean a hit as possible and even then it might not matter. Our aggression will be taken away from us.

You will see, you heard it here first. "ROUGHING THE PASSER"...yup we touched the upper portion of the chest so flag is thrown!!!

smh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #1695097 11/16/19 10:58 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: eotab
I find it funny all these pundits stating that Garrett used the helmet as a weapon and could have killed Rudolf.

Meanwhile in football the helmet is being used as a weapon every game and the NFL is trying to stop that of course.

While I am as frustrated as anyone at some of the perceived preferential treatment of teams like NE and Pit .... there is a huge, huge, huge difference between helmet hits to players who are protected with a helmet - and swinging a helmet at a guy who is unprotected. You just can't try to compare the two situations.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend

I know several Steelers fans that feel the same way. If it was Big Ben though they probably wouldn't say that . . . they say that cause Rudolph sucks.

That's exactly why they want him suspended.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: SaintDawg
They may have to. It's in black and white in the contract w NFLPA

Garrett needs to get the NFLPA to initiate the appeal.
I doubt that they stand with him right now, however.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

mgh888 #1695101 11/16/19 11:10 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: mgh888

While I am as frustrated as anyone at some of the perceived preferential treatment of teams like NE and Pit .... there is a huge, huge, huge difference between helmet hits to players who are protected with a helmet - and swinging a helmet at a guy who is unprotected. You just can't try to compare the two situations.

wont carry this on and on.

What I'm stating is this was 100% wrong. But the media showing this over and over as stating that this was a weapon that could have killed Rudolf. IS SIMPLY WRONG.

It is not a dangerous weapon as an EMPTY SHELL. It is MOST DANGEROUS when it is filled with an object (A HEAD) like a fist is much more dangerous if you are holding a roll of Nickles cause it makes the fist totally solid. Take that helmet and it the ground with it...watch the helmet BOUNCE...now fill that helmet with cement and hit the ground and look at the dent it makes into the ground.

I am not saying what Garrett did was right and for kids to copy this action. All I am saying is that as ugly as it looked....kicking a guy on the ground actually had more potential of causing injury than a helmet with just the shell and nothing in it.

If you cannot understand what I'm saying then I apologize for the inability to express my self but it was not this life threatening action as the media of STOP FOOTBALL in America wish it to look like and in showing it over and over.

Thats it, I'm done on that subject...hopefully you understand what I'm saying.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
mgh888 #1695104 11/16/19 11:15 AM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Many valid points being talked about here but the one thing that bothers me about the whole mess; there were only 8 miserable seconds left in a game we had won. Couldn't Myles have just gotten up after initial contact and walked away? For 8 seconds all this grief and our season is ruined. It makes me sick!!!

eotab #1695106 11/16/19 11:17 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
No I hear what you are saying. A helmet with 250 lbs of man inside of it moving at speed is very dangerous. I just disagree that it's more dangerous than an empty helmet swung by MG at someone's unprotected head. Hell, I could kill a man with a blow to his head with a helmet.

Anyway - don't need to belabor the point. We agree to an extent but ultimately disagree. All good. I hope MG appeals and wins. Based on the rule book he has a good case to reduce the suspension, 4-6 games would be about right in my view.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Many valid points being talked about here but the one thing that bothers me about the whole mess; there were only 8 miserable seconds left in a game we had won. Couldn't Myles have just gotten up after initial contact and walked away? For 8 seconds all this grief and our season is ruined. It makes me sick!!!

Whether it's road rage or the heat of battle in a football game, when the red mist descends and you are pushed over the edge, I don't believe there is any thinking, just rage. A bit like Eo - I agree with what you're saying, that would have been good/better ... but in that instant there wasn't anything other than rage. And no I don't think it's Roid Rage as someone mentioned in a post.

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Garret made a mistake. He is not an evil person. He is paying a penalty.

What I hate is the holier-than-thou media's ability to assassinate a person's character and career, which they built over a lifetime, after a self-admitted mistake when showing remorse. This started in politics and now has filtered into sport. It's why I don't follow politics any more.

Go Browns!

Legend
Legend
All I know is that I hope that this is the beginning of Pittsburgh seeing Garrett as the Boogeyman, and I want a Garrett jersey for Christmas.

The more I watch the video and see how their QB started everything, the more I'm in Garrett's corner. Including the helmet swing, even though it was colossally stupid to do it because of how it hurt the team.... but, let me be clear, the fact that it hurts the team is the only reason I'm down on it. Dude earned it.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog

In my head I am imagining Garrett is out for the year because of a blown acl. It makes it easier to bear the loss.

I am not ready to concede anything though, and I think for all their faults, many people on this team (Baker, Landry to name a few) may thrive with their backs against the wall and everyone doubting them.

jfanent #1695119 11/16/19 11:35 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That's exactly why they want him suspended.

I’m wondering if it’s because they believe he used a racial slur.

Joe Thomas #73
GMdawg #1695123 11/16/19 11:46 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm stunned.. Social Media has once again stepped in and forced a decision prematurely... The NFL should have had the balls to tell the Media that they will make a decision after they have investigated the incident.

I believe most people are voicing an opinion only because they feel they have to follow along with what Social Media is trying to sell.

Before Social Media back in the day when Football was played with sweat and blood in the trenches... There were players like Mike Ditka who would lay on top of a player and ram his fingers through the Face Mask and gouge at his eyes..That player could have had serious eye injuries ..but the game went on...

Now we are living in the Rodger Goodell days where he has done nothing but put a dark cloud over the Cleveland Browns...This organization has lost it's respect... It has been looked down on...On a weekly basis.

This organization has been unfairly judged by Goodell and his Referee's that are incompetent to Referee a game. Other teams have lost respect for this team. Fans have lost respect for this team.

I have watched the Pittsburgh Steelers disrespect this Organization and the Players that wear the Orange and Brown... I have had enough of the Steelers getting away with the dirty play they do.

I'm tired of seeing the Cleveland Browns get smacked in the face.. I'm tired of the Cleveland Browns not getting any Respect. I'm tired of Browns fans NOT SUPPORTING one of their teams Player.

To be a Browns fan and disgrace a player that was attacked by a QB and two other Steeler players by saying he should be banned and that he is a bad person is absolutely a disgrace to that Player who wears the Browns colors.

This team will never gain respect as long as they let teams come in and treat them the way that QB and two others did to a Browns player..Now what's going to happen ? Every team and QB know they can attack a Browns player and will get away with it.

Sometimes it takes what MG did to start teams to show respect and be fearful on how they treat a Browns Player. Right or wrong...It is Necessary to support MG and the Cleveland Browns.

I personally can't stand seeing the Browns treated as a whimp team ..The whimp teams in the past have done nothing to change a losing Culture..

I saw a Browns Player being attacked by three Steelers..NO WAy in hell will I ever want to see that again...I SUPPORT MG...And if your a Browns fan and you don't...Then there's a towel in Pittsburgh you can go suck !

Let this RIVALRY begin

Legend
Legend
J/c

As I told my Steeler friends: Let’s be honest, you’re MOST UPSET about the final score, not Myles Garrett’s actions. Heck, most Steeler fans hate Rudolph

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
FL_Dawg #1695131 11/16/19 12:22 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
Message to Defensive players.

The League has just declared open season on your nuts for QBs'

Not just that, we told players that it is okay to instigate without repercussion. The exact opposite of what the message should be, it only serves to exacerbate the actual problem.

Imagine if our message to bullies was that it is okay... And told those that are bullied to thicken their skin and just put up with it.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: SaintDawg
They may have to. It's in black and white in the contract w NFLPA

Garrett needs to get the NFLPA to initiate the appeal.
I doubt that they stand with him right now, however.

This will be HUGE

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would happy if the OWNER would grow a set and stand with Garrett !

eotab #1695163 11/16/19 03:32 PM
U
Rookie
Rookie
U
Originally Posted By: mgh888

wont carry this on and on.

What I'm stating is this was 100% wrong. But the media showing this over and over as stating that this was a weapon that could have killed Rudolf. IS SIMPLY WRONG.

It is not a dangerous weapon as an EMPTY SHELL. It is MOST DANGEROUS when it is filled with an object (A HEAD) like a fist is much more dangerous if you are holding a roll of Nickles cause it makes the fist totally solid. Take that helmet and it the ground with it...watch the helmet BOUNCE...now fill that helmet with cement and hit the ground and look at the dent it makes into the ground.

I am not saying what Garrett did was right and for kids to copy this action. All I am saying is that as ugly as it looked....kicking a guy on the ground actually had more potential of causing injury than a helmet with just the shell and nothing in it.

If you cannot understand what I'm saying then I apologize for the inability to express my self but it was not this life threatening action as the media of STOP FOOTBALL in America wish it to look like and in showing it over and over.

Thats it, I'm done on that subject...hopefully you understand what I'm saying.

I totally agree!
We Just got back from the game yesterday, and boy had a great time! In the hotel watching ESPN and listening to the radio on the way home I was saying the same thing. This was a horrible act visually but lets be truthful, it was NOT going to kill Mason. This is a over reaction by the media to entrench the severity behind the situation. This was to say the obvious, to the public, that as a player in football, we're not to do this. Was it dangerous , YES, but even I highly doubt it would even ended Masons career and even less likely to kill Mason. I know some of you on here have been hit in the head by an object or two just like myself. As myself, and I'm sure some of you,have been hit in the head by WAY worse than a empty helmet on top of our noggin and are perfectly O.K.! By No way am I excusing Myles for what we saw, it is a bad look! But please stop acting like this is Negan hitting Glenn with Lucille.(Walking Dead)
I'm just saying lets use common sense and quit over reacting.
This is all I'm going to say just my .02 cents.

Last edited by UrbanaDawg; 11/16/19 03:36 PM.
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
I am complete agreement there is sometimes as a boss you need to let employees know you have there backs.

eotab #1695173 11/16/19 04:55 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Hitting a player wearing no helmet with a helmet is using it as a weapon.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1695174 11/16/19 04:57 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Hitting a player wearing no helmet with a helmet is using it as a weapon.

I say that depends on how you look at it. (Said in my best fox news host voice.)

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
eotab #1695182 11/16/19 05:39 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Rudolf was not injured the helmet was not a hammer being wielded immediately Rudolf lifts his hands up and looks for a ref. not go to the ground injured and after the melee you see him in the huddle "LAUGHING" cause he knows what he did and got away with it.

I'm sure he was bragging about it in the huddle....hahaha I grabbed his nuts, hahaha

This is an obvious reaction from the NFL to the Browns organization, they will do whatever they can to penalize the Browns organization as their fans forced them to put a team in Cleveland over LA Calif. Then the fans has the audacity to run the refs out of the stadium as the new rule for replay that was installed clearly stating that it could not be utilized after a play was ran. Which we did and then they say hold it we are reviewing the play...against the rules.

Yes, what we did throwing bottles at the refs was wrong.

Yes, what Garrett did hitting a player in the head with a helmet in hand. Was clearly wrong and I'm sure to a man/woman here we are saying he should be punished but there seems to be a great double standard here.

Rudolf was clearly the aggressor.
Rudolf clearly broke the rules by grabbing at Garretts facemask.
Shame shame on Aikman who was kissing the Steelers butt all game. Stating that Rudolf's finger was stuck in Garretts helmet that is why he was pulling on it. Shame on Aikman!!!

Garrett clearly pulled back on Rudolf and clearly ripped off his helmet.

Garrett was then held and rendered done and over altercation DONE!
Rudolf then clearly runs after Garrett with hatred and teeth bared punching Garrett in the nuts.

Garrett then responded in a REACTION...not premeditated to swing the only available arm at Rudolf striking him on the top of the head which didn't PHASE RUDOLF one bit as he immediately threw up his hands and turned to a REF as in I'm an innocent guy in all this and look what happens to me. Come on Refs, you are supposed to protect me not only am I a QB but I'M A STEELER who gets special considerations by the NFL!!!

Then he is laughing in the huddle after all this was done and over.

Garrett who never had an incident prior not even a breath of wrong doing except being caught off sides a few times and complaining to refs for being held as in almost all the time!

Haynesworth had a history and prior incidents. As did Burfict ,, Suh and others. Garrett NOTHING in his history.

But how dare he make the Steelers look foolish on national television. The NFL made a KNEE JERK reaction cause of all the people who hate on football as the political correct politicians have been trying to push SOCCER on us so we can be like the rest of the world, how dare we have our own game called football. How dare we not excel in the World cup.

So all these football HATERS reacted to just the edited film where Garrett swings the helmet and hits Rudolf on the top of his head. NO BLOOD, no woozy action by Rudolf one bit. Immediately he is looking for a ref to get Garrett in trouble and then after Garrett was apologizing to all he has the audacity to call Garrett a Coward this coming from the guy who hit Garrett in the NUTS!

Once again we fans must rise up against the NFL and bombard their offices with not so much to say that Garrett is an INNOCENT...cause he is not. But he does not have a history and Rudolf's involvement in this is being totally ignored.

Pouncey gets 3 games for kicking Garrett when on the ground defenseless...possibly causing MORE HARM then Rudolf being hit on top of his head. NOT WITH an hammer as they seem to want all to believe but the helmet by itself is not a weapon. It gives and without a HEAD INSIDE it to make it solid is really just a shell of an implement. Again that should never be used in that action. Garrett should pay but not to the tune of the most costly degree of penalty imposed on a football player.

Meanwhile whilst the real coward is there smirking in the huddle as he got away with.
1. Starting the melee.
2. Continuing the melee after it was OVER.
3. Punching Garrett in the nuts.

We have been abused by the Steelers physically for years and then we are kicking their butts all over the place and They OBJECTED to the fact that we continued to kick their butts when the game was over...well sorry I did not see the Steelers take a knee to run out the clock and go home. LIKE MEN

Nah they took the Steeler way and were wussies all the way.

jmho biased as it may be but peel away all the HOMERISM in there and the facts tell the story and I am not far off by any means! This bowing down for years by the NFL with ridiculous calls in playoffs all in the Steelers favor. With their HC actually coming onto the field and sticking out his leg tripping a guy who was going to score on a kickoff return and what did he get...just guessing "COACH OF THE YEAR"???

How dare the Browns totally dominate the Steelers...against all odds my goodness its almost like Trump who out of nowhere won an election. Immediately the list of injured players is put up on the screen to excuse the totally domination we were doing on the Steelers.

I can go on and on...my wife is like...Please stop I don't want to see you have another heart attack over this. As I just came out of the hospital Thursday...wanting to watch my Browns on my TV at home not in the hospital so begged the doctors to release me not on Friday! Oh btw got a clean bill of health regarding my Cancer and told one last check up a year from now and they will consider me in full remission as in GONE FOR GOOD!!!

Now only if I could walk again...without limping and can golf without losing my balance. Oh man we can still do this.

But I will guarantee you ONE THING...when we sack Rudlolf in 2 weeks from now...watch the yellow flag come out and we will get a ROUGHING THE PASSER Penalty...unless it is as pure clean a hit as possible and even then it might not matter. Our aggression will be taken away from us.

You will see, you heard it here first. "ROUGHING THE PASSER"...yup we touched the upper portion of the chest so flag is thrown!!!

smh

1st play send the house and a message we own you get used to it.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Legend
Legend
The Ruddy-Off should have suspension as well IMO. Baker better take advantage of stirring things up for us without any major penalty at all.

The punk started it, escalated it, and kept it going. Wrong for MG; but if the others had done it on the sidewalk, we would see jail for more than him. I do not condone the NFL ruling. But these vague endless things are unfair. Know your time and cost.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
eotab #1695196 11/16/19 06:12 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

You are so VERY RIGHT...

The media saying what if he hit him with the other side of the helmet.. what if he hit him in the temple...what if he hit him with the crown of the helmet to the top of his head could of seriously injured him..

Guess what Media asses... the what if's didn't happen..

He barely hit him hard enough that it didn't even SHUT Masons mouth up.. Mason kept at it...

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Quote:

You are so VERY RIGHT...

The media saying what if he hit him with the other side of the helmet.. what if he hit him in the temple...what if he hit him with the crown of the helmet to the top of his head could of seriously injured him..

Guess what Media asses... the what if's didn't happen..

He barely hit him hard enough that it didn't even SHUT Masons mouth up.. Mason kept at it...

Very true! He threw his hands up and signaled Touchdown!!

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Garrett part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard