Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
PitDAWG #1695198 11/16/19 06:18 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Hitting a player wearing no helmet with a helmet is using it as a weapon.

Yes it is... and as Rule 12 in the NFL rule book states.. It's a 15 yd penalty and automatic ejection..

Not to be Crucified like MG is being... Once again Goodell is using his power to screw the Browns... You know like he did with Josh Gordon... But not like when Josh Gordon was in New England.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Quote:
Hitting a player wearing no helmet with a helmet is using it as a weapon.

Yes it is... and as Rule 12 in the NFL rule book states.. It's a 15 yd penalty and automatic ejection..

Not to be Crucified like MG is being... Once again Goodell is using his power to screw the Browns... You know like he did with Josh Gordon... But not like when Josh Gordon was in New England.

Very true very true. And as I have already said, just like he only suspended ray rice for 4 games after knocking a woman unconscious and spitting on her

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
slick #1695207 11/16/19 07:43 PM
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
It was:
A cowardly act from a despicable human being.He should be banned from professional sports.
And every one you of condoning,or excuse making,your hypocrisy is shining thru ever so brightly.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
I also want to say I think the Haslam are gutless

No way in hell should they have apologized to the Steelers or Mason Rudolph. Why would you apologize? They are just as much at fault as Garret is perceived to be.

No way in hell Al Lerner would have apologized not would Carmen Policy & Butch Davis throw Garret under the bus the way the current Browns have. No way in hell Al Lerner would have apologized, he would have had Garrets back and would already be ******** at the NFL league office to get Garret re-instated and asking why the **** Rudolph is not being punished.

This is nonsense the way Browns ownership has rolled over in this. They are acting like beta makes scared of the alpha males Steelers, old man Al Lerner would tell the Steelers and the league office to get ****** because the guy cared. This team hasn’t had any heart since old Al Lerner passed away.

Anyone remember how Al Lerner told the league to get bent over Bottle Gate?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=wk6NKmFP0pEt

Go to 7:13 in that video and listen to Al Lerner and Carmen Policy, they were not going to roll over and apologize for BottleGate, **** with that! They said the fans did nothing wrong!!

The Browns need another Al Lerner in the worse way to stick up for this city and it’s football. Haslam has no spine at all, and it’s a slap in the face to this city and EVERY Cleveland Browns fan to apologize to the Steelers, Mason Rudolph, and roll over the way the Haslams have....it’s akin to peeing on Al Lerner Legacy and he deserves better than that, he is a big reason we even got the Browns back after the move in the first place. Without Al Lerner there probably is no expansion Browns.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: BCbrownie
It was:
A cowardly act from a despicable human being.He should be banned from professional sports.
And every one you of condoning,or excuse making,your hypocrisy is shining thru ever so brightly.

Your ate up!

After being kicked and punched the groin that Steeler QB is lucky a helmet to the head was all he got!

Myles Garret is the Browns!!! He is the guy that single handily changed the tone of the Browns Steelers matchup in our favor. We no longer get pushed around, Myles Garret has changed that . We do the pushing around now

Because of Garret we beat the living **** out of the Steeler in all aspects of football and I can’t wait till he is back to do it again!!!

This has been a long time coming for the Steelers. James Harrison and Joey Porter purposely head hunting our guts and bashing us for years. Garret is going to shelve Rothlisberger for the year next year and I can’t wait.

Did you see the way Garret tossed All Pro Villanova around like rag doll Thursday night. You kidding me!?

The Steelers are SCARED of Myles Garret. What you saw wasn’t Rudolph being mad, Rudolph was flat out scared that why he needed two lineman to hold Garret back while he screamed like a scared child.

Garret has revived the rivalry. Before Garret the Browns were a pushover, now we do the pushing . Myles Garret will be back I assure you, and he is playing with a rage and fire to get retribution for all these years of Bs by the Steelers.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
The players know Jimmy is a spineless thief and a weasel. Dee has the pants in that outfit.

Dee needs to stand up and apologize for their premature apology, tell them to review the tape, isolate the instigator, blame the right person, suspend Rudy 4 games, reduce Myles to 4 games for retaliation, up Pouncey's to 4 games (same as Garrett) for kicking and punching a played held on the ground as opposed to a opponent standing up and able to defend himself, reduce Ogunjobi's to 0 and say well done young man.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Tweet @NFL and let them know how bush-league this is. Tweet them their own rules. Tweet them the photo of Rudolph punching Myles in the groin. Point out the hypocrisy. Let them know that you know this is reactive nonsense. They're acting like politically correct media pandering a-holes and they need to be called out on it. What Myles did was wrong. What Rudolph did was wrong. They both need to be punished. Only one of them getting suspended is BS.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
All I know is that I hope that this is the beginning of Pittsburgh seeing Garrett as the Boogeyman, and I want a Garrett jersey for Christmas.

The more I watch the video and see how their QB started everything, the more I'm in Garrett's corner. Including the helmet swing, even though it was colossally stupid to do it because of how it hurt the team.... but, let me be clear, the fact that it hurts the team is the only reason I'm down on it. Dude earned it.

I agree. We have the punks in 2 weeks. Every defensive player needs to have Rudolph in their sights.

Stay clean, but batter him. I hope to heck we blitz the hell out of the sissy.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
All I know is that I hope that this is the beginning of Pittsburgh seeing Garrett as the Boogeyman, and I want a Garrett jersey for Christmas.

The more I watch the video and see how their QB started everything, the more I'm in Garrett's corner. Including the helmet swing, even though it was colossally stupid to do it because of how it hurt the team.... but, let me be clear, the fact that it hurts the team is the only reason I'm down on it. Dude earned it.

I agree. We have the punks in 2 weeks. Every defensive player needs to have Rudolph in their sights.

ALL OUT from the first play on!

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: SaintDawg

ALL OUT from the first play on!

My hope is for at least that day, we can look like the 85 Bears and just smother them.

I want Steeler children brought to the game by their parents crying by games end.

Last edited by Ballpeen; 11/16/19 10:32 PM.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
I'd like to see all of our players put a #95 on some part of their uniform, even if out of sight to keep the NFL from stepping in....but make it known..

Just speaking for me, I want the Browns to have a bad ass image. The pansy look we have had for a long times just doesn't do it for me.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
eotab #1695246 11/16/19 11:44 PM
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted By: eotab

This is an obvious reaction from the NFL to the Browns organization, they will do whatever they can to penalize the Browns organization...

There is no good way to explain the way the NFL makes their decision.
Why does the person who started the whole thing not get a suspension? Why does the person who did nothing more than shove another player (Probably happens after 55% of plays) get a suspension? Why did only the black participants involved get suspensions?

The pundits keep pretending to be legal experts, talking about how Garrett's action are criminal. Their idiots... It was a fight engaged in by mutually consenting adults, Garrett could argue self defense since he didn't start it, but the fact of the matter is all parties had multiple opportunities to de-escalate and get out of the situation. The fact that Garrett used a blunt object to hit another participant is pretty much a non-factor. This is generally considered disorderly conduct and a waste of time for prosecutors.

Other pundits say it is about player safety. But that is also idiotic. This was not part of the game. This was a fight among adults that were choosing to fight. They are grown men and could have chosen not to fight. If they get hurt, that's not on the NFL. That has nothing to do with the game of football or the rules put into place to ensure safety. Each participant in the fight that chose to be involved has personal responsibility for any injuries they suffer as a result.

So how then does the NFL make a decision on how to dole out punishment? Their own rulebook specifically says that Garrett should get a 1 game suspension... so obviously the rule book is not consulted in this decision...

The answer is that the NFL, NBA, and MLB all make decisions based on the perception created by the media (traditional and social). They will adopt whatever position allows them to minimize outrage for the least amount of lost revenue. That's why the NBA doesn't care about protests in Hong Kong until they are receiving bad publicity. That is why the NFL doesn't care about domestic violence until the media makes it an issue. That is why the NFL doesn't care about concussions until they begin receiving bad publicity for turning a blind eye to it for so long.

So if the media is mischaracterizing Garrett's actions as criminal, then the NFL is going to come up with a punishment that reflects that extreme level of outrage.

If the media makes Rudolph out to be a victim, then the NFL is not going to punish him, because punishing a victim looks bad.

And to your point. Cities like Cleveland and Detroit do get the short end of the stick when it comes to how the media treats their sports franchises. Part of that bias stems from how media centers on the coasts see the middle of the country and old industrial cities and the fact that consistent losing has created a loser image of the team that the media love to keep talking about. It makes life easier for lazy reporters.

But I truly beleive that the Browns had the opportunity to flip the script this season with the excitement around the team. Unfortunately, that opportunity may have been wasted by an organization that has failed in all aspects of football.

Right now, the Browns need to be working to manage the narrative that is being spread. That involves speaking the truth and defending Garrett while demanding fair punishment for Rudolph. Not allowing the media to continue to spread a biased and ill informed narrative unchecked.

Legend
Legend
I'd like to see all of our players put a #95 on some part of their uniform, even if out of sight to keep the NFL from stepping in....but make it known..

Just speaking for me, I want the Browns to have a bad ass image. The pansy look we have had for a long times just doesn't do it for me.

This would be dope. The way Baker spoke about his teammate though, I don't think he'd do it. poke

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

^This, right here.^

I've been preaching the gospel of 'Culture Change' at this website for as long as I've been here. My posts are my evidence- and they go back at least a decade.

Earlier in a Myles thread, I mentioned that it was heartening to see a player in orange & brown punch a bully back. To be honest, I'm actually OK with seeing multiple Browns players fined/suspended over the course of this season, if it sends the message to the entire AFCN that these Browns ain't YaDaddy's Browns.

To further talk much s# on the For Real, I'll also say this:

It would be worth it for CLE to become the 70's Oakland Raiders for 1.5 season to set the stage for a new AFCN paradigm. Here's why:

The Cleveland Browns are tasked with much more than changing their own internal culture. They are also tasked with changing the culture of the entire division, as well. Because the AFCN culture, since 1999 has looked like this: Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens duke it out, while both step on Orange Teams every year. Black, yellow and purple have been the colors of the AFCN for 20 f#ng years. To disrupt 20 years of geologic inertia, a seismic event must occur.

All apologies offered, all improprieties accounted for, all mea culpas offered, this happened above all else:

A Cleveland Browns player took shots to his groin.
A Cleveland Browns player took on 3 PIT players at once.
A Cleveland Browns player snatched a punk's hat off his head, and used it to establish an indentation where common sense should have already resided.

This is the kind of statement that begins a true cultural revolution.

Understand this: Myles went far beyond the limits that guide my actions. He set himself up for disciplinary action that is out of his control- and we now see what that punishment looks like. He earned what he got. Pure and simple.

I also stated in another thread that his punishment is not beyond what I'm willing to accept. I'm an accountability guy all the way. It's how I was raised, it's how I've lived as an adult, and it's what I expect/respect when I witness it in real life.

That said, I'm also OK with casting Myles as the agent of change, if he signals to PIT and BAL that the game is changing.

In every movie where The Bully runs s# for two whole reels, we eventually reach that point when he looks someone in the eye, and sees someone who simply isn't intimidated. Someone who will sack him, pressure him, harass him... and then dent his mf'n skull with his own 'safety equipment,' because: poetic justice.

Browns players and fans just witnessed that moment. On national TV.
And Clemdawg is actually OK with it.

I mean, really: if you're going to make a statement, you might as well go big:

1. Browns ain't your punx no more.
2. Play Elves/get hurt. Bad. (check the PIT injured roster)
3. Monday after a Browns game requires Ibuprofen. And Corticosteroids. And ice. And therapeutic deep tissue massage. And emotional support dogs.

If Browns are to assert themselves into the AFCN, they must repeatedly punch 2 perennial bullies in their mouths. Step One is compete:

Browns: 2-0 in the division... in two games that were not really close at all.

Time to continue the message Myles sent:
"Play us up-front, and your heads, we will dent."

2019 Browns: 6-0 in the AFCN?
Make it so.

-clemdawg.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Whoever is left on D better smash that punk Rudolph under the turf!

Legend
Legend
Quote:
No way in hell should they have apologized to the Steelers or Mason Rudolph. Why would you apologize?

I wish they had let me write the apology. It would have gone something like this..

The whole Cleveland Browns organization would like to apologize to the Pittsburgh Steelers for our involvement in responding to the fight that Mason Rudolph started. We accept full responsibility and should have been the bigger person and just walked away when he tried to rip Myles Garrett's helmet off and kicked him in the nuts.

Further, on behalf of our organization we feel exceptionally bad that Myles swung the helmet at Rudolph after he chased him down again and tried to get past the people who were in the process of calming Myles Garrett and ending the incident.

We understand the severity of what Myles did and stand ready to suspend him twice as many games as Rudolph gets suspended. We will await your response.

Sincerely, Dee

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Sign the petition to reinstate Garrett!

http://chng.it/CdcWvBMdcb

With the closeup photos of Rudolph's deranged face as he attacked Garrett it's clear anyone would've reacted just as Garrett did. Victim of circumstance.

They are also overstating the danger of the helmet swing due to using the cushion part and swinging off his backfoot as he was being pushed backwards by a 3rd party even.

Also with the surfaced footage of the Incognito helmet swing which was WAY worse intentioned that only got 1 game suspension.

I'm fine with a 1 game suspension. (I'd be ok with 2 except we play Steelers again, so if they skip that one somehow 2 is fair) just to appease the masses, but I actually think Rudolph is the bad guy here.

I'm biased tho so I'll leave it up to the NFLPA, agents and lawyers to figure out but I truly hope Myles gets fair representation and not just punished for being a Cleveland Brown.

We all know if he was a Patriot this is only 2 games suspension max.

E
Legend
Legend
E
It was:

Be honest BCbrownie...you are playing football and after legally tackling the QB he grabs your face mask and KICKS YOU IN THE NUTS...then as you rip his helmet off in anger and rage two OLmen come down on you rendering you defenseless then the idiot who kicked you in the nuts comes running up to you in a total rage and proceeds to punch you in the nuts.

Be honest what would have done??? dont be a hipocrite about it...what would you have done.

99% of us would have gone bonkers as did Garrett.
We would have been wrong in doing so but never the less would have done it.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #1695295 11/17/19 10:05 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I posted this on the Baker thread...

Quote:
I think if anything, Rudolph put the target on himself.

And I'm happy to read that the players in the league seem to take the side of Garrett.

Rudolph comes after Garrett, admits he came after him and then pleads innocence? I can't even imagine his teammates are 100% behind him. I hope Rudolph gets rocked. It will be well deserved, and when it happens the NFL will have to understand they are also at fault.

Legend
Legend
When I first saw it, I was so frickin' angry at Garrett for sucking the joy out of a great Browns moment. Nothing justifies what he did, but after reviewing what the coward, bush league Rudolph did to provoke him....I'm softening my stance. I still have no problem with a 6 game suspension, (you just can't go light on using a weapon), but that should be the end of it and Rudolph should receive a substantial punishment for what he did.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
eotab #1695297 11/17/19 10:11 AM
Legend
Legend
As a lifetime fan of the Browns. And after 20 years or more of pent up frustration mostly at the hands of the Steelers and their obnoxious fans. If I was Myles Garrett I would have beat Rudolf to a pulp and gladly take a lifetime ban.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
eotab #1695298 11/17/19 10:11 AM
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I cannot say with 100% certainty what I would have done.But,I can say that in the few opportunities I've had to bash someone's brains out,I restrained myself.And I suspect the same can be said for everyone posting here.
You've coached,you know this is wrong.Him being a Brown,and the other guy a steeler,doesn't make it right,I don't care how many balltaps he got.
i suspect that most of the posters defending him are embarrassed by his actions and that is leading to anger.Misplaced anger at the Haslams,the steelers or the NFL.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
i suspect that most of the posters defending him are embarrassed by his actions

I'm not embarrassed with what he did in any way. I'am embarrassed that Baker ran his mouth and about Garret. Baker needs to learn to stfu.

Legend
Legend
IMO Myles was restrained pretty damn good when Rudolf ran back after it was calming down and punched him in the balls. Rudolf deserved a knock on the head...call me old fashion.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
They may have to. It's in black and white in the contract w NFLPA

Garrett needs to get the NFLPA to initiate the appeal.
I doubt that they stand with him right now, however.

I agree, the NFLPA won't stand with him. I doubt they have the stomach for it.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
I think most of your/our pain would go away if Rudolf was suspended.

We want Rudolf in game 2.

Although nobody seems to be talking about Kitchens coaching discipline vs Williams coaching discipline. Maybe I’m missing something?

On the lighter side.

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2019/...et-steelers-dk/

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 11/17/19 10:55 AM.

– Jackie Robinson
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

It is their job to have the stomach for it.

cfrs15 #1695305 11/17/19 10:53 AM
C
Legend
Legend
C
I bet Garrett’s suspension gets reduced to a definite number and Ogunjobi gets off with just a hefty fine.

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
It was:

Mrs. Rudolph? is that you?

cfrs15 #1695308 11/17/19 11:15 AM
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I bet Garrett’s suspension gets reduced to a definite number and Ogunjobi gets off with just a hefty fine.

Garrett will still be out through the end of the year. The league just needs the media to stop talking about it, so they will probably wait until some week in the offseason when everyone is distracted by the draft and then reinstate Garrett.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Actually whats lost in all this wtf was Tomlin thinking running a play ,down by 14, 18 secs left in game and no timeouts JMO

Last edited by Riley01; 11/17/19 11:34 AM.
Legend
Legend

Well then Myles should just kick them and punch them all in the balls. I mean you don't get in any trouble for starting the fight and abusing them. Just for good measure he should put a helmet on them and start twisting it around.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Riley01 #1695312 11/17/19 11:35 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Riley01
Actually whats lost in all this wtf was Tomlin thinking running a play ,down by 14, 18 secs left in game and no timeouts JMO

He was thinking and telling his players to, "Go out there and push any buttons you can to see if we can get someone suspended." I am damn sure of this.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I cannot say with 100% certainty what I would have done.But,I can say that in the few opportunities I've had to bash someone's brains out,I restrained myself.And I suspect the same can be said for everyone posting here.
You've coached,you know this is wrong.Him being a Brown,and the other guy a steeler,doesn't make it right,I don't care how many balltaps he got.
i suspect that most of the posters defending him are embarrassed by his actions and that is leading to anger.Misplaced anger at the Haslams,the steelers or the NFL.

Sorry bro, but you don't know what you're talking about.

#gmstrong
CalDawg #1695315 11/17/19 11:38 AM
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Pretty close to what I was wondering

cfrs15 #1695316 11/17/19 11:39 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

It is their job to have the stomach for it.

Exactly. Also, the specific rulebook on swinging a helmet does not call for a suspension. It probably should...but it doesn't. The NFLPA must find their stomach for this.

So all the people out there who believe Garrett to be the primary bad guy here (which I find astonishing) should also in their purity see what are the rules of engagement...not to mention precedent.

The last guy to swing a helmet at another player got a one game suspension. And he was far from retreating when he swung away.

The raging maniacs in that fight were the instigator/escalator/re-starter and his roid raging Center.

Rudolph tried to remove Garrett's helmet. Garrett showed that punk what helmet removal looks like. You don't wanna get bit, don't come at a dog. You start a fight with a better fighter and kick your butt kicked...then cry that you got your butt kicked...and somehow today's mamby pamby world supports YOU. The reporting on this event has been ridiculously lacking in context.

Legend
Legend
J/C

IMO, the NFL will come back with the 6 game number to effectively end his season.

Pouncey will get reduced to 2 as well IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
The sad part in all of this is that Browns fans seem to be using the fact that the league didn't suspend Rudolph as some kind of excuse for Garrett's behavior.

At least Garrett was man enough to admit how bad this was. But it seems that making excuses for terrible behavior has become a normal part of our society these days.

I'm disgusted by the majority of you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1695326 11/17/19 12:03 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
The sad part in all of this is that Browns fans seem to be using the fact that the league didn't suspend Rudolph as some kind of excuse for Garrett's behavior.

At least Garrett was man enough to admit how bad this was. But it seems that making excuses for terrible behavior has become a normal part of our society these days.

I am not sure if anyone thinks that but feel free to be disgusted.

Joe Thomas #73
PitDAWG #1695327 11/17/19 12:03 PM
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Granted, I don't read every post, I skim quite a few, but I have not noticed a single post that excuses Garrett's behavior because of the NFL's failure to hold Rudolph accountable for his actions.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Garrett part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard