Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
PitDAWG #1695328 11/17/19 12:05 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
The sad part in all of this is that Browns fans seem to be using the fact that the league didn't suspend Rudolph as some kind of excuse for Garrett's behavior.

At least Garrett was man enough to admit how bad this was. But it seems that making excuses for terrible behavior has become a normal part of our society these days.

I'm disgusted by the majority of you.

Name one poster on here who is excusing Garrett's behavior. I'll wait. He should have dropped the helmet and should be penalized for that decision. Every other action he had was appropriate.

I'm disgusted with all - not just the majority - of the people who refuse to see the context of the event and who think the guy who ended a fight is more-bad than the idiot who started the fight. THAT'S what's wrong with 'our society these days'. The instigator is somehow the victim...and the retreat-er is the bad guy.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
With Pouncey out for the rematch there is going to be a big hole in the Steelers' oline for our rematch. I hope Mason gets what he deserves in that big arse hole.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
CalDawg #1695332 11/17/19 12:22 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
Originally Posted By: BCbrownie
I cannot say with 100% certainty what I would have done.But,I can say that in the few opportunities I've had to bash someone's brains out,I restrained myself.And I suspect the same can be said for everyone posting here.
You've coached,you know this is wrong.Him being a Brown,and the other guy a steeler,doesn't make it right,I don't care how many balltaps he got.
i suspect that most of the posters defending him are embarrassed by his actions and that is leading to anger.Misplaced anger at the Haslams,the steelers or the NFL.

Sorry bro, but you don't know what you're talking about.

Sorry, I was refering to this:

Quote:
A cowardly act from a despicable human being.He should be banned from professional sports.
And every one you of condoning,or excuse making,your hypocrisy is shining thru ever so brightly.

I agree some of us are embarrassed by the action and agree he should have restrained himself. However, I don't agree that it was a cowardly act defending himself from the attack, that he is a despicable human being, or that he should be banned from professional sports. All of that is nonsense.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Quote:
i suspect that most of the posters defending him are embarrassed by his actions

I'm not embarrassed with what he did in any way. I'am embarrassed that Baker ran his mouth and about Garret. Baker needs to learn to stfu.

This is an awful take.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
R
Legend
Legend
R
Good move by the team.

Rishuz #1695399 11/17/19 03:12 PM
Legend
Legend
Yep. Nothing good would have come out of that. The vultures were waiting for any crumb they could use.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Rishuz #1695402 11/17/19 03:21 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Quote:

I'm not embarrassed with what he did in any way. I'am embarrassed that Baker ran his mouth and about Garret. Baker needs to learn to stfu.

This is an awful take.

I agree.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Quote:

This is an awful take.

I agree.

There are plenty of examples for the "Baker should shut his mouth" argument. This is not one of them.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
myka #1695453 11/17/19 04:45 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I voted.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

I'm disgusted with all - not just the majority - of the people who refuse to see the context of the event and who think the guy who ended a fight is more-bad than the idiot who started the fight. THAT'S what's wrong with 'our society these days'. The instigator is somehow the victim...and the retreat-er is the bad guy.

There it is! Players start and get into fights in the NFL all the time. Players DON'T hit other players not wearing a helmet, with a helmet.

Those aren't even close to the same thing.

I knew I could count on you to come through for me. wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
A couple things.

I don't know if people saw when Kareem and Watt starting jawing? Kareem was walking back to the huddle after he and Watt were exchanging.

Baker noticed. As they went into the huddle Baker put his arm around Kareem's shoulder pads. A leadership move.

Baker when confronted after the game and asked about the incident. His comments were fully appropriate.

The fight.

Not good. Football is a game. There is no room for the actions that took place by all parties.

Emotions boil over. Football brings that out. But players have got to maintain control. You can not allow yourself to be overcome by rage.

What's fair?

Not my decision but the way I see it:

Garrett should get four games. The rest including Rudolph should get one or two games.

Myles was provoked by Rudolph. Rudolph did enough to get suspended. Including, pulling his helmet, kicking, and then charging Myles.

No excuse for Myles to swing the helmet as a weapon. He should get a minimum of four games. Max the end of this season. Eligible for post season.

Pouncey should get 2 games. Ogunjobi one.

Unfortunate event should never have happened.
===============================================

Some of the comments from this Board are disturbing.

Things like. "a great way to end a Steeler game bashing a Steelers head in."

Sick. Anything along that line is representative of a disturbed mind.

What is going to prove? Jarvis taunting almost cost us a game. Myles are best defensive player suspended.
You want to show up a team beat them on the scoreboard.

All this BS macho man talk is ridiculous.

Play the damn game. That is what football is a game.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I'll say about 12 things here. Garrett had his helmet attempted to be ripped off. The offender failed, so he kicked Garrett in the batteries. Game over. Yet the offender came back (possibly looking for an explanation on how to rip a helmet off?), and had his mind set straight.

Bad move on Garrets part. The issues regarding this have been and will be discussed forever.

At this time, my over riding concern for the next stoolers Browns matchup in pitt is: Will the stoolers attempt to retaliate by taking our players out?

The nfl, and ref's, will certainly have a hair trigger on close calls.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I agree with all u said .... one difference ...

I didn’t think Mason attacked him ... i thought he was running at MG and then “lunged” for his helmet ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

I didn’t think Mason attacked him ... i thought he was running at MG and then “lunged” for his helmet ...

Was MG holding his helmet between his legs?

Joe Thomas #73
BADdog #1695502 11/17/19 06:13 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Nope he wasn’t ... Mason was also on the right hand side of MG who had his helmet in his left hand .... Mason “lunged” or was off balance falling short of his target ...

I’m out ... u guys see things differently than what i did ... im not gonna try and change your minds and your not gonna change mine with sarcastic bs questions like u just asked ... i saw what i saw ...

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
If the Browns keep winning will Dorsey trade Garrett? I just have a funny feeling Garrett played his last game for the Browns.

Legend
Legend
No way.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I thought it was pretty funny. Would you like one of my chill pills? That's what I've been doing today.

Joe Thomas #73
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen
If the Browns keep winning will Dorsey trade Garrett? I just have a funny feeling Garrett played his last game for the Browns.
What are you smoking. I dont want any

Joe Thomas #73
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

This is an awful take.

I agree.

Baker needs to stfu. He needs to pass that on to Coach Kitchens or Dorsey.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

Lunged for his precious helmet? So.. let me ask this, if MG had stepped back and played keep away for 8 seconds while his precious...

Nah I just cant do that ridiculous sheep.

SaintDawg™

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Seriously, Garrett should have played keep away and passed that helmet around to the Browns for 8 seconds and told Rudy "I'll see you in 2 weeks child" and grinned.

SaintDawg™

BADdog #1695516 11/17/19 06:57 PM
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: BADdog
Not saying it's going to happen but think about it. Lets say Dorsey is offered a block buster deal for Garrett. He gets rid of a player who could be one more bad incident away from a permeant ban. Once again, not saying it's going to happen, just throwing that possibility out there.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: SaintDawg
Seriously, Garrett should have played keep away and passed that helmet around to the Browns for 8 seconds and told Rudy "I'll see you in 2 weeks child" and grinned.
Would've been funny to see Garrett holding the helmet over Rudolph's head and him trying to jump up to get it.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Not saying it's going to happen but think about it. Lets say Dorsey is offered a block buster deal for Garrett. He gets rid of a player who could be one more bad incident away from a permeant ban. Once again, not saying it's going to happen, just throwing that possibility out there.

Dorsey probably likes Garrett more now that he has a disciplinary issue.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: SaintDawg
Would've been funny to see Garrett holding the helmet over Rudolph's head and him trying to jump up to get it.

Would have been humiliating.

SaintDawg™

P
Legend
Legend
P

lol That is NEVER going to happen JD would never trade a #1 pick away that he picked especially as productive as Garrett has been tsktsk

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

lol That is NEVER going to happen JD would never trade a #1 pick away that he picked especially as productive as Garrett has been tsktsk

Dorsey didn't draft Garrett.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #1695532 11/17/19 07:42 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Dorsey didn't draft Garrett.

Whoops your right still he ain't trading him ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend

Not trying to split hairs. But I stated that Rudolph "charged him."

My point is Rudolph provoked it then continued to provoke it.

No excuse for a helmet to be swung as a weapon.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Quote:

This is an awful take.

I agree.

There are plenty of examples for the "Baker should shut his mouth" argument. This is not one of them.

Exactly.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Rishuz #1695555 11/17/19 08:44 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
This is an awful take.

Not as bad as 0-16 or 1-15 the year before... You can...as a browns fan allow the steelers to crap all over a Browns player....

You disgust me

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
I agree.

You sucking on that terrible towel also ? you disgust me

R
Legend
Legend
R
The Browns crapped all over the Steelers all night. Physically dominated them and humiliated them.

Then our best defensive player got suspended because he's either dumb or has anger issues. But he got suspended for reasons that were entirely under his control.

Enough is enough. I'm glad our QB called him out. I'm glad he called him out in public. If the other players don't like it, hit the road.

Someone needs to change the culture in Berea.

Rishuz #1695565 11/17/19 09:05 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Rishuz..you been one of my good friends on this board and I respect your posts...

I don't want us friends and Browns fans to become angry at each other... But Baker should have just said...Talk to Myles...

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Garret was justified in what he done.

Rudolph hit him in the family jewels twice and was going for a 3rd shot while Garret had two guys holding him. Im surpised Garret didn't cave his skull in to be honest because thats probably what Rudolph deserved, but Garret is a good guy and held back.

Any man on here would pummel someone if they took two shots to the groin from some punk.

Garret has single handily brought back the rivalry. He changed the tone of the Browns vs Steelers even last year you could feel the tone changing. Garret is more important to this team than even the QB, even Baker.

Garret is the best DE to come out of the draft since Bruce Smith/Reggie White...He is to us what Reggie White was to Green Bay...he is the cog in the wheel that makes everything work here, and he isn't someone who can be replaced.

Sure, Garret lost his cool, but lets not make this out to be more than it is. Micheal Strahan said he clubbed a guy in the head with a helmet like Garret did in practice and the guy missed weeks over it...things happen, its a physical game, heat of the moment.

Garret will be back much sooner the media thinks...2-3 games is what he is looking at, anymore than that, and the NFLPA will get involved because its a violation of the CBA and the NFL Rulebook the players union agreed upon..the indefinite thing was just for show till they sit down with Garret and the NFLPA reps....i'll be suprised if he gets more than that.

a 16 game suspension would break all precedent, if this was so bad why wasn't Rudolph taken off the field and evaluated by medical staff.

this whole thing reeks of liberal ****** foot media trying to turn society into a bunch of whiney babies...no one was seriously injured in the altercation, the only thing that should happen is just fines and move on.

the news and social media need to let men play football and everyone else STHU about things they don't know anything about...

L
Legend
Legend
L
I'm getting tired of society's wussifiecation. We are becoming very weak.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Normally I let your crap go.

But not this time.

Fights happen on football fields. Lots of pushing, jawing, and some punches with guys in full gear.

Not good but it happens. Normally they get separated and the game goes on.

This was not the case. There are no innocents here.

All parties were wrong.

You cross the line when you swing a NFL helmet at a guy with no helmet on.

Think about that if possible.

Myles Garrett is a monster human being. Look at the guy. If he were to hit another person clean with a helmet in a fit of rage. Dire consequences could happen.

If a professional boxer punches someone outside of a ring. He can be charged with assault and battery.

So you think it is "liberal bs macho man?"

Yes. Thankfully in this case nothing did happen. But if you shoot a gun at someone and miss? I guess that is ok because nothing happened.

"so let real men play football."

Real men know what the meaning of sport is.

Last edited by bonefish; 11/17/19 10:59 PM.
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Garrett part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard