Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Legend
Legend
I am very happy that calmer heads have started to prevail, that public opinion, especially among former NFL players has started to turn... NOBODY is condoning what Myles did but more and more former players are on Myles side in that he shouldn't be totally vilified for this, that this is a bad thing he did but it shouldn't define him or undo all of the good he does...

25 years from now, when Myles is going into the Hall of Fame, this should be a distant memory that he learned from and a footnote to a great long career..

yebat' Putin
1st String
1st String
Just hope that Garrett will live and learn. And take this to make sure others will not break this rule. He is a classy guy who just made one dumb and costly mistake!

May Flowers and Spring Weather!
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Baker won his appeal, and doesn't have to pay the $12,500 fine for his comments on officiating. Maybe that bodes well for Myles getting some relief on his penalty. Doesn't Larry O. go tomorrow to plead his case?

Legend
Legend
Jim Brown wasn't spotless. His achievements are not set aside.

I want to hear what the punk gets for starting this, bagging MG, and prolonging it. The discipline is vague and lopsided. Guilty until proven, extreme prejudice in the terms of discipline from the outset.

Who hands those down? Because the package rolled out quickly and conveniently ignored some other stuff that give MG some context. Not condoning, but a "fairer" discipline for the group is indicated.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
J/c

Not sure where else to put this but I know Baker is taking some flak about his postgame interview. I don’t think he was throwing anyone under the bus. Even if the situation hadn’t escalated, it was a late hit and should have gotten a flag. Which I would be fine with because 15yrds is so worth rubbing their noses in dawg poop.

More importantly Baker was taking responsibility for his team in a way (I hope) he has yet to do this season. He’s talked about What he needs to do but I think some of the discipline issues this season stem from Baker abdicating his leadership role. He hasn’t been the same leader he was last year and I think it finally was apparent to him that he has a bigger role he must play. It sucks that we won’t have Myles for a bit, but to me looks like this whole incident is actually going to be a net positive for us.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Tulsa #1695919 11/19/19 01:01 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
So he “punched” him in the nuts with an open hand as opposed to a clenched fist ... and he had to reach across his junk to get to the helmet ... he rushed up off balance and lunged at him ...

Willie we’ll just have to agree to disagree ...

Ya’all can continue to view ‘tis through your orange and brown colored glasses and come to the conclusion the browns once again were victims in this ... great country this america (it used to be anyhow) ....

I’m out ... ya’all enjoy ... im starting to prep the isle for next year ... thumbsup

PitDAWG #1695921 11/19/19 01:07 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I think the Oakland vs Kansas City game is simply what the NFL sees as a better match up for the late game. I mean I guess people can come up with their own conspiracies though.

If the nfl does not have a strong crew on that game they’ll switch ... and by strong i mean put up with nada from the players ...

The crew will be under orders to call everything and at the first sign of trouble to lay the hammer down ...

The players need to be choir boys or they wont be around long ...

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
So he “punched” him in the nuts with an open hand as opposed to a clenched fist ... and he had to reach across his junk to get to the helmet ... he rushed up off balance and lunged at him ...

Ya’all can continue to view ‘tis through your orange and brown colored glasses and come to the conclusion the browns once again were victims in this ... great country this america (it used to be anyhow) ....

I’m out ... ya’all enjoy ... im starting to prep the isle for next year ... thumbsup

Just to be clear, is it your intention that Rudolph was not punching him in the nads, but rather he was groping Myles??? Sounds to me like that theory only makes Myles more justified in what he did... just sayin

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

P
Legend
Legend
P
There is no justification for hitting a player not wearing a helmet, with a helmet. None.

No matter how hard people go to make excuses for it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1695952 11/19/19 02:09 PM
Legend
Legend
There is no justification for hitting a player not wearing a helmet, with a helmet. None.

On the bell curve of opinions, those who think Myles was justified in hitting him in the head with his own helmet is very few and on the fringe...

The vast majority fall into the category of...

Rudolph started it
DeCastro and Garrett were calming down
Rudolph re-escalated it
Myles was justified in smacking Rudolph (just should have been the old fashioned way, not on his bare head with a helmet)
Garrett is absolutely wrong for swinging a helmet
Steelers were right for taking Garrett to the ground
Pouncey was wrong for kicking him in the head while he was down

Almost every rational person I know believes something very similar to that... even Steeler fans.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
My response was directly to this......

Quote:
makes Myles more justified in what he did

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
J/c

Not sure where else to put this but I know Baker is taking some flak about his postgame interview. I don’t think he was throwing anyone under the bus. Even if the situation hadn’t escalated, it was a late hit and should have gotten a flag. Which I would be fine with because 15yrds is so worth rubbing their noses in dawg poop.

More importantly Baker was taking responsibility for his team in a way (I hope) he has yet to do this season. He’s talked about What he needs to do but I think some of the discipline issues this season stem from Baker abdicating his leadership role. He hasn’t been the same leader he was last year and I think it finally was apparent to him that he has a bigger role he must play. It sucks that we won’t have Myles for a bit, but to me looks like this whole incident is actually going to be a net positive for us.
It was NOT a late hit.

PitDAWG #1695963 11/19/19 02:48 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

When I grew up, if you got hit in the nuts in a fight, all rules were off. Would I have hit him with a helmet, nope. Should he have been hit with a helmet, nope. Did he deserve to get hit with a helmet - well, he may not have deserved it, but it wouldn't have happened if he wouldn't have kicked him in the nuts.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Now I don't disagree with you about what children do when they get into fights. But this is another one of those times when context means something. It's when it seems some aren't looking at things big picture but through a narrow lens.

When "we were growing up" we weren't getting paid millions of dollars and on national TV. "When we grew up" we weren't working for a multi billion dollar corporate entity that just settled a concussion lawsuit for a billion dollars.

What I find the most odd thing about this is that Myles took full responsibility. Baker didn't make excuses for Myles behavior after the game.

Yet our fan base seems to be the one's going, "yeah but".

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1695974 11/19/19 03:10 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
When "we were growing up" we weren't getting paid millions of dollars and on national TV. "When we grew up" we weren't working for a multi billion dollar corporate entity that just settled a concussion lawsuit for a billion dollars.
Good for the company. Come kick me in the nuts and see what happens.

No ones kicking me in the nuts for a lot less than millions of dollars, so that point doesn't even make sense.

Quote:
What I find the most odd thing about this is that Myles took full responsibility. Baker didn't make excuses for Myles behavior after the game.
And?

Do we not feel bad about dropping a nuke on Japan, but realized that they instigated and deserved it?

You realize you can feel bad for you actions, even if they are warranted, right? Are you so cold hearted that everything is black and white like that? No gray area huh?

I can feel bad the dude got blasted, I can feel myles should not have used a helmet to hit him, AND get this, I can still feel that it was somewhat deserved ALL AT THE SAME TIME! thumbsup

PitDAWG #1695982 11/19/19 03:26 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
My response was directly to this......

Quote:
makes Myles more justified in what he did

It’s funny a couple posts down you talk about context after clearly taking my comment out of it lol Typical. clearly purple font is more necessary than many think.

-Jack Burton

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
We’ll have to disagree I guess which is fine. My observation was that it would have been an unnecessary roughness call underscored by the controlled way Myles took him down. The correct thing to do at that time for Rudolph would to have been to chill for a second and accept the penalty.

But maybe you are correct. A flag wasn’t immediately thrown when he took him down. A flag wasn’t thrown while Rudolph clearly tried to twist Garrett’s helmet off which I think we’ve come to expect when playing the Steelers. It wasn’t until Myles went to show him how it was done did the flag come out.

-Jack Burton

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
We’ll have to disagree I guess which is fine. My observation was that it would have been an unnecessary roughness call underscored by the controlled way Myles took him down. The correct thing to do at that time for Rudolph would to have been to chill for a second and accept the penalty.

But maybe you are correct. A flag wasn’t immediately thrown when he took him down. A flag wasn’t thrown while Rudolph clearly tried to twist Garrett’s helmet off which I think we’ve come to expect when playing the Steelers. It wasn’t until Myles went to show him how it was done did the flag come out.

I don't see how it was late, when the ball is right out his hand when he makes contact.

He also didn't drive him to the ground, as Mason landed on top of him.

Actually if you watch, it wasnt a late hit or a hard hit, it was a LONG tackle. What I mean by that is Myles took awhile to bring him down because he was actually LETTING up and trying not to get a flag for roughing.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I gotcha. And what you are saying about the ‘long tackle’ makes sense. That’s probably why it appeared to me to be late.

Unlike with Steven Crowder, my mind is changed

-Jack Burton

P
Legend
Legend
P
I must have made my points too obvious for you.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I gotcha. And what you are saying about the ‘long tackle’ makes sense. That’s probably why it appeared to me to be late.

Unlike with Steven Crowder, my mind is changed
Wasn't trying to be a dolt, honestly I just saw this early today myself. I had agreed before seeing these photos it was a late hit. Then I rewatched the tape of the play, and the ball came out just a split second before MG made initial contact. Then you can see Myles trying to twist him and pull him down so not to take a Roughing call like he did against Ben last year that cost us the game.

I think people may have watched the game full speed, and haven't actually looked at anything else, except for the few seconds that the media keeps running over and over again, IMO

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Come kick me in the nuts and see what happens.

rofl

You're an odd little fellow.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1696007 11/19/19 04:20 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Come kick me in the nuts and see what happens.

rofl

You're an odd little fellow.
So I posted that, you replied, and then 20 min later replied to that again...…

odd that you keep going back to my post looking for things. you should charge me rent for the space I take up in your head, but nah.

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

Just because you made a dumb comment that's not my fault.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1696020 11/19/19 05:12 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

Legend
Legend

When I grew up, if you got hit in the nuts in a fight, all rules were off. Would I have hit him with a helmet, nope. Should he have been hit with a helmet, nope. Did he deserve to get hit with a helmet - well, he may not have deserved it, but it wouldn't have happened if he wouldn't have kicked him in the nuts.

When I grew up, even if a kid hit you in the nuts, you weren't allowed to bash his head in with a baseball bat. There is never a situation (except life or death) where "all rules are off"... retaliation, which is proportional to the original incident, is usually ok with me. This was not proportional.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

Yo Bro I am wearing a pair of yellow and black glasses and I still see Rudolph starting and continuing to carry on with this crap. If you can't s ee that you need to take a course in braile since your as blind as a bat. frown

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
PitDAWG #1696035 11/19/19 06:23 PM
Legend
Legend

Your 110 percent correct. HOWEVER there is also no justication in Rudolph starting and continueing the fight including the kicks to the balls, and the helmet twisting and ripping. Myles should have been suspended for 2 to 4 games AND Rudolph should have been suspended for at least 2 games. If you don't agree well then we have nothing to discuss on this subject bro frown

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I know you weren’t trying to be a dolt. And I do appreciate the differing viewpoint. I don’t have a problem with taking a position and being corrected. My only issue is when i take a position and others try to correct me on a position I haven’t taken.

-Jack Burton

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Myles was wrong.

Mason was wrong and the aggressor.

Myles was punished.

Mason went on camera talking about "bush league" Myles and will be playing on Sunday.

A grown man that kicks another man in the nuts doesn't know what "bush league" is.

GMdawg #1696048 11/19/19 07:02 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Gotcha ... glad to know your the be all end all on this and that if i disagree with u I’m blind ...

I’m blind and u da man ... Thats easy enough to remember ... thumbsup

Tabber and I could use some help getting the isle ready for next year if u could help my blind ass out that’d be awesome bro .... wink

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Here's a question nobody has asked...

If Mason Rudolph was a black quarterback, would he have been suspended?

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife

He would have been given a bonus and a statue made.

No Craps Given
EveDawg #1696055 11/19/19 07:18 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Tomlin gave a pregame interview where he was asked about OBJ and Landry, and he gave a big hand over mouth yawn. To describe his feelings about his opponent. Extremely disrepectful, coming from a head coach.

If Freddie had done that, he would have been burned at the stake.

No Craps Given
EveDawg #1696064 11/19/19 08:10 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Tomlin gave a pregame interview where he was asked about OBJ and Landry, and he gave a big hand over mouth yawn. To describe his feelings about his opponent. Extremely disrepectful, coming from a head coach.

Same coach who wandered onto the field of play and disrupted a kick return. I have 0 respect for him.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Geez, are you guys still talking about this crap? The team is a train wreck, can't you see it? Garret deserved everything he got...it was his fault for being STUPID ENOUGH to ROUGH THE PASSER with EIGHT SECONDS left in a game his team had one. OBJ is out talking about how Tomlin DISRESPECTED him by yawning in an interview? WTF! These guys are total prima donna's...give me a team of Chubs, players who let their work on the field do the talking for them. My gosh, I am so SICK of watching OBJ and Landry hold the ball out to signal first down when they make a catch. Damn, the team has a losing record. ACT LIKE YOU'VE DONE IT BEFORE BRO! I can't stand to watch it.

Again I say, THIS FIASCO IS ON DORSEY! He broke up the end of season chemistry by jettisoning the coaching staff, and Zeitler, and replacing them with TWO MAJOR headaches and salary cap problems from the Giants, plus Frederick Kitchens.

BOTTON LINE: This is not a team, but a group of selfish individuals...no way we win out to make the playoffs...no way.

My $0.02.

SunDawg #1696072 11/19/19 08:50 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
I hear Cincy needs some fans. Maybe you should go root for them.

No Craps Given
SunDawg #1696074 11/19/19 09:15 PM
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Listening to sounds like we lost to Baltimore and Pittsburgh
Oh buy the way the browns have 50000000 more to spend this year plus 10draft choices

Legend
Legend
All I have to say is this: Rudolph is extremely lucky that it wasn't me standing over him when he decided to do his infamous kick ..... because if he kicked me in the nuts, he'd still be trying to scrub the puke out of his clothes and off his face and body.

He might still reek of it, and be smelling it even today.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
SunDawg #1696076 11/19/19 09:26 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: SunDawg
Geez, are you guys still talking about this crap? The team is a train wreck, can't you see it? Garret deserved everything he got...it was his fault for being STUPID ENOUGH to ROUGH THE PASSER with EIGHT SECONDS left in a game his team had one. OBJ is out talking about how Tomlin DISRESPECTED him by yawning in an interview? WTF! These guys are total prima donna's...give me a team of Chubs, players who let their work on the field do the talking for them. My gosh, I am so SICK of watching OBJ and Landry hold the ball out to signal first down when they make a catch. Damn, the team has a losing record. ACT LIKE YOU'VE DONE IT BEFORE BRO! I can't stand to watch it.

Again I say, THIS FIASCO IS ON DORSEY! He broke up the end of season chemistry by jettisoning the coaching staff, and Zeitler, and replacing them with TWO MAJOR headaches and salary cap problems from the Giants, plus Frederick Kitchens.

BOTTON LINE: This is not a team, but a group of selfish individuals...no way we win out to make the playoffs...no way.

My $0.02.

I agree with everything you said except the win out part. I think we can.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Garrett part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard