Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#1696812 11/21/19 06:53 PM
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Continued.....

Time to get TMZ to dig up the audio of the Rudolph's mic during the game.

I do not believe Myles made this up. He even eluded to it following the game at his locker when speaking to the media.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I predict a crowd meltdown on Sunday.

No Craps Given
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Just sent this off to the NFLPA. https://www.nflpa.com/contact-us
I know nothing will come of it but at least I spoke my mind.

“ The indefinite suspension of Myles Garrett is absurd and against his NFLPA contract which states a disqualification for using a helmet as a weapon. As a Browns fan I’ve watched the NFL play favorites. Josh Gordon, while a headache, was suspended multiple times in his time with the Browns. Each time Goodell hemmed and hawed waiting until the last possible moment to make decisions on his punishments. Then typically made them harsh. Yet he goes to the Pats and is almost instantly reinstated. No hesitation.
I’ve watched this type of foot dragging and/or preferential treatment for the past 20 years as a Browns fan. It disgusts me.

I’ve watched over the years as Steeler players laid waste to my squad without penalties and fines. James Harrison earholed more than one Browns player over the years. Nothing. Mohamed Massoquaui, Josh Cribbs, Colt McCoy all injured by cheap shots. Currently the Steelers have a cheap shot artist walking their sideline... in need of a cane... for using his helmet as a weapon on the field of play. Only this time his indefinite suspension is because he broke his own damn neck doing it. No penalty was called. He wasn’t fined. Spearing is in the rule books.
I know nothing will come of this note. Just know there’s a bunch of us fans, not just of the Browns, that note these things and are growing tired of it. I love college ball. I don’t need the NFL. I’m not alone. ”

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If the next game were in Cleveland, Pittsburgh would forfeit rather than play in front us.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Continued.....

I do not believe Myles made this up. He even eluded to it following the game at his locker when speaking to the media.

What it is time for is for Browns fans to stand up for the team when they were ripped away from us in 1999. Ever since then we have been screwed over each and every week. IMO It's time for Browns fans to repeat what we did when we lost our team. It's time for us to stand together in unison and let the NFL know we will not be screwed over like they have been doing since we came back.

I mean come on Browns fans the NFL just keeps breaking it off in our backsides and we just keep sitting back and taking it.

Just when is enough enough? It's way past the time to stand up to the NFl and let them know we won't take this crap anymore. The NFL expects Browns fans to w We have been getting crapped on since 1999 and we sit back and take it like female dogs. It's high time that we as Bropwns fans start flooding the NFL, Espn, and every other single puppet of the NFL that we will not take this crap anymore.

What we need is another blitz against the NFL "Just like we had when they tried to take our team" Are we going to sit back like a bunch or kitty cats, or are we going to stand up for our team and demand fair treatment?

As long as we sit back and take being screwed over, then the longer WE yes US as fans are guilty of being kitty cats.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend

I don't believe Myles helped his cause with racial slur accusation.

Who knows if it was said? Not really relevant.

Wrong if it happened by not relevant here.

They wanted remorse. Goodell stated it. That is why "indefinite". He wants Myles contrition.

Saying that Rudolph used a slur comes across as making an excuse. We all know Myles knows he did wrong.

But it is clear they want to use this as an example so as not to happen again.

GMdawg #1696820 11/21/19 07:23 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Continued.....

What it is time for is for Browns fans to stand up for the team when they were ripped away from us in 1999. Ever since then we have been screwed over each and every week. IMO It's time for Browns fans to repeat what we did when we lost our team. It's time for us to stand together in unison and let the NFL know we will not be screwed over like they have been doing since we came back.

I mean come on Browns fans the NFL just keeps breaking it off in our backsides and we just keep sitting back and taking it.

Just when is enough enough? It's way past the time to stand up to the NFl and let them know we won't take this crap anymore. The NFL expects Browns fans to w We have been getting crapped on since 1999 and we sit back and take it like female dogs. It's high time that we as Bropwns fans start flooding the NFL, Espn, and every other single puppet of the NFL that we will not take this crap anymore.

What we need is another blitz against the NFL "Just like we had when they tried to take our team" Are we going to sit back like a bunch or kitty cats, or are we going to stand up for our team and demand fair treatment?

As long as we sit back and take being screwed over, then the longer WE yes US as fans are guilty of being kitty cats.

I believe that's why we've been blackballed for lack of a better word all these years. We REALLY made the league look foolish and forced a decision to put a team back here when I think it was over for Cleveland. They've never forgiven us. Might sound silly to some but for those who lived it...

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
J/c

At this point I hope Myles files a lawsuit. The rule book clearly spells out what is to be done in this type of situation and clearly the NFL is not following its own policies. Companies and organizations are just as bound to their policies the same as the employees are bound. Since they aren’t going to be reasonable about the punishment I think he sues to hold them accountable to the letter of the rules as well as file a discrimination complaint under fair employment due to the disparate punishment that Rudolph received.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Ogbah pushed mason down and gets suspended. Pouncy punches and kicks and gets his suspension reduced. Oh...and like I have said many times on here. Ray rice knocked a woman unconscious and spit on her before dragging her limp body from a elevator. He was suspended 4 games. Wow. Goodell is corrupt....so corrupt

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:
I believe that's why we've been blackballed for lack of a better word all these years. We REALLY made the league look foolish and forced a decision to put a team back here when I think it was over for Cleveland. They've never forgiven us. Might sound silly to some but for those who lived it.

Maybe I'm a cynic, but I think there was never a plan for us to be without a team. The NFL wanted a team in Baltimore and they knew they had an owner in dire financial straits (Modell) who also had stadium issues. The Browns move was a choreographed manipulation that gave the NFL an established team in Baltimore and created shockwaves across the country that lead to new stadiums all across the league. They always knew they were going to give us a replacement expansion team, because it was too good of a market to abandon, but they had to get the local politicians to get a new stadium built here too. And they did. In the meantime, they told us what we wanted to hear "Boy, you Cleveland fans shut down our business by clogging our fax machines. We had no choice except to give you an expansion team and to let you keep your name and colors. Just please don't go after our fax machines anymore, because we don't really have any spare phone lines we could use instead."

The whole thing in '95 was freaking kabuki theater. We got hosed then and we're still getting hosed now.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
Continued.....

I believe that's why we've been blackballed for lack of a better word all these years. We REALLY made the league look foolish and forced a decision to put a team back here when I think it was over for Cleveland. They've never forgiven us. Might sound silly to some but for those who lived it...

It's time for us to stand together and demand to be taken seriously like we were back then. Just getting a team back so they can sodomize us is not acceptable.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
J/c

At this point I hope Myles files a lawsuit. The rule book clearly spells out what is to be done in this type of situation and clearly the NFL is not following its own policies. Companies and organizations are just as bound to their policies the same as the employees are bound. Since they aren’t going to be reasonable about the punishment I think he sues to hold them accountable to the letter of the rules as well as file a discrimination complaint under fair employment due to the disparate punishment that Rudolph received.

I hope he sues the NFL for 100 million and wins.

GMdawg #1696838 11/21/19 08:09 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
rofl

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

TTTDawg #1696842 11/21/19 08:28 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

in regards to Thrash's tweet about how player safety is most important, then why reduce Pouncey's suspension? Is kicking someone repeatedly in the head not counter to player safety?

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Player safety is not now nor has it ever been a worry for the NFL. They worry about the almighy $$$ and don't care about the players. They never have and they never will.

GMdawg #1696845 11/21/19 08:32 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Player safety is not now nor has it ever been a worry for the NFL. They worry about the almighy $$$ and don't care about the players. They never have and they never will.

This is true of all companies.

Rishuz #1696846 11/21/19 08:33 PM
Legend
Legend
Most of them frown

1st String
1st String
Garrett on alleged racial slur from Rudolph: 'I know what I heard'
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1885991

After the NFL upheld his indefinite suspension for his role in last Thursday's brawl with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Myles Garrett released a statement on the league's ruling and the allegation that he heard a racial slur from Mason Rudolph.

"I was assured that the hearing was space that afforded the opportunity to speak openly and honestly about the incident that led to my suspension," Garrett said. "This was not meant for public dissemination, nor was it a convenient attempt to justify my actions or restore my image in the eyes of those I disappointed.

"I know what I heard. Whether my opponent's comment was born out of frustration or ignorance, I cannot say. But his actions do not excuse my lack of restraint in the moment, and I truly regret the impact that this has had on the league, the Browns, and our devoted fans."

More to come.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
Legend
Legend
Time for Roger to step up and say with a glint in his eye and and a woody that he is screwing the Browns again.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
j/c

in regards to Thrash's tweet about how player safety is most important, then why reduce Pouncey's suspension? Is kicking someone repeatedly in the head not counter to player safety?

I had the exact same thought. The guy wasn't even a co-combatant. He made himself one and by doing so his actions were not "safe" for the player he was combating.

I've beat this drum for a long time now. There are teams that get preferential treatment - on and off the field. The Steelers are one them, the Browns are not. The NFL has gotten so arrogant that they don't even try to hide it. They are daring someone, anyone, to take them to task on this.

Retire Myles. Retire and sue.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: BustkeviousMingo
Garrett on alleged racial slur from Rudolph: 'I know what I heard'
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1885991

After the NFL upheld his indefinite suspension for his role in last Thursday's brawl with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Myles Garrett released a statement on the league's ruling and the allegation that he heard a racial slur from Mason Rudolph.

"I was assured that the hearing was space that afforded the opportunity to speak openly and honestly about the incident that led to my suspension," Garrett said. "This was not meant for public dissemination, nor was it a convenient attempt to justify my actions or restore my image in the eyes of those I disappointed.

"I know what I heard. Whether my opponent's comment was born out of frustration or ignorance, I cannot say. But his actions do not excuse my lack of restraint in the moment, and I truly regret the impact that this has had on the league, the Browns, and our devoted fans."

More to come.

Speaking of this, how did it become public?

Rishuz #1696858 11/21/19 08:42 PM
Legend
Legend
and why is it that three black men got suspended and a white man got off scott free naughtydevil rolleyesdevil catfight

Legend
Legend

That is why there is a NFLPA.

It is up to the Union to proceed.

Legend
Legend
Do you mean the Union that just keeps saying "I will gradely pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today. blush

1st String
1st String
Statements from Browns GM John Dorsey, Myles Garrett on Garrett's suspension being upheld
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/sta...on-being-upheld

As we’ve consistently stated, our organizational support for Myles will continue. He is a man of high character and unquestionable integrity. He was open and honest with us about the incident from the start. He has taken accountability for his actions on Thursday night and this situation will not define him. As an organization, our focus going forward remains on the task-at-hand, which is preparing for the Miami Dolphins.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What is left to say about this?

The NFL is a bush league with bush league decision making.

This comes from the top down to the lowly referees.

GMdawg #1696870 11/21/19 09:12 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Time for Roger to step up and say with a glint in his eye and and a woody that he is screwing the Browns again.

Time for Roger to step Down and admit he can't keep enough terrible towels around to wipe off his woody after screwing the Browns again and again and again

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Goodell is using Myles as an example. It's all about PR. To the outside world he looks like he is being firm about players safety. I'm curious if this incident happened on 1:00 sunday game only broadcast locally, if it would be receiving the coverage it is getting.

The NFL is a joke. The PI replay debacle is a prime example. They put in a rule and it is being used against coaches using it. Multiple camera angles showing clear interference, and then refusing to make the correct call even when the evidence is clear. IMO, this rule shows openly how games can be manipulated by officials.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
What is left to say about this?

The NFL is a bush league with bush league decision making.

This comes from the top down to the lowly referees.

Bush league??????? Do you mean unproffesional, dishonest, liars, cheats, and buttholes?

OK I can agree with that.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: bonefish

That is why there is a NFLPA.

It is up to the Union to proceed.

Did Brady file suit or did the union on his behalf?

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

GMdawg #1696887 11/21/19 10:19 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
It’s ultimately Garrett’s fight to fight, but let’s all be realistic: the guy is never going to get a fair shake again. We thought it was ridiculous how much he was getting held and it never being called before this mess happened... he’s never going to be allowed to play to the level he’s capable of.

-Jack Burton

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
It’s ultimately Garrett’s fight to fight, but let’s all be realistic: the guy is never going to get a fair shake again. We thought it was ridiculous how much he was getting held and it never being called before this mess happened... he’s never going to be allowed to play to the level he’s capable of.

I think the "indefinite" is in place to keep him in place and not to fight the fight.

Joe Thomas #73
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Glad to see many of you believing Myles.

Now if we could listen to others such as Kaep and others who deal with racism...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Glad to see many of you believing Myles.

Now if we could listen to others such as Kaep and others who deal with racism...

Are you really making this out to be a race issue?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #1696894 11/21/19 10:47 PM
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Myles brings up the point, many on here come to believe and defend, yet many of the same people won't listen to others about how their lives get impacted due to racist individuals.

Just found it to be an interesting parallel. Don't mean to offend. I just wish we could all see this situation with Myles to the entire world experience.

Legend
Legend
Haslam needs to go to NFL headquarters and demand answers. What the heck are there rules in place with the CBA if the league isn't going to abide by them?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
There might be microphones all over the place, but they are not on and being recorded the entire time. and things like elliptical mics are not very useful unless you have a clear shot and have them lined up perfectly.

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
NFL is going to wish that they had stuck to a reasonable punishment that reflected past incidences and was fair all the way around.

I said from the beginning that it should be Garrett 4 games, Rudolph 2, Pouncey 1-2, and Ogonjobi/De Castro 0 to 1.

Myles Garrett just took the stakes up a notch and basically said 'If I go down, I'm taking the NFL and Steelers down a peg or two in the process'
good for him.

Now we have the white instigator getting off scott free after using a racial slur in a fight. Meanwhile, every Black participant is getting suspended. Garrett is getting the harshest penalty ever dolled out by the NFL, despite the fact that he has no history and a great reputation.

This is going to blow up in the NFLs face.

E
Legend
Legend
E
What has the NFLPA said about this?

Isn't this one of reasons there is a NFLPA and a CBA?

And a Rulebook for that matter?

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Garrett needs to Sue the NFL!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Garrett Part 3

Link Copied to Clipboard