Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Swish
well im hoping that they drop atleast two of those. the most likely being the Texans and Rams.

i was thinking it was the 49ers, but watching that game they lost against the seahawks...they allow way too many open lanes that a mobile QB can exploit.

i say the texans because Watson is better than Lamar, and the Rams because....i dunno i just need the ravens to lose atleast two of these games so that WE have a shot at getting in.

Nvm

Didn't see it but what the heck is going on...only the Browns can render that offense obsolete???Ravens aren't winning close games they are butt wiping the other team...if they weren't the team I most hate (Steelers close behind) or in our division I would actually be happy to see this but we did a very good job against them.

I am very very impressed with Wilkes as our DC he has come up with some very good game plans. Why don't other teams follow suit???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
At worst, Baltimore will be 11-5

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
There's always next year... Let's talk draft. rolleyes

We just started our Run...ye of little hope...lol laugh

Win out and we get in as a Wild Card team! Screw the Ravens...le will beat them THREE TIMES THIS YEAR...2 regular season and the 3rd as we knock them out of the playoffs early!

jmho - get this 3 in a row against the Dolphins! One game at a time.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
Because there’s seems to be a night and day difference between the ravens team we played early on and the team they are now.

Did you see Lamar against the Texans? He threw into tight windows on two TD passes....in the pocket. He is stepping up IN the pocket and making throws.

And then with trading for Marcus peters, their secondary quickly improved, Allowing them to blitz the QB more.

This isn’t good. Maybe, just maybe we are one of those teams who are a matchup nightmare for the ravens? But whatever wilks did last time, he’s gonna have to do it without Myles Garrett. As good as our defense played against Lamar, they still put up 25. And that was early in the season.

Most teams by now have found a rhythm and have an identity.

But, to counter all of this....has our OWN offense not looked better the last 2 weeks, despite playing against some really solid defenses? This is bakers 3rd game in a row with no turnovers.

I dunno if our defense can stop the ravens offense as it is right now, but I also don’t think the ravens defense can stop ours either.

I’m looking for a shootout come week 16.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
If it's a shootout against the Ravens, I don't like our chances at all.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

I do. We seen baker have a come from behind win against a winning team this season.

Lamar hasn’t. Now, to be fair, Lamar HASNT had to cause their destroying everyone. But if we can have Lamar have to go and get a game winning/tying TD with less than 2 minutes, I like our chances.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Planning to watch but fell asleep.

I don't buy that big difference in the team. Oh I'm sure they are better cause of things clicking just like our O is getting better.

But lest you forget when we played the Ravens (at their House) They were leading the NFL in all categories especially the offense. #1 in this #1 in that. They were the best thing since sliced Bread and we put a stop to that!!! I'm sure they are better but our D (don't know now without Garrett) has been getting better and Baker and the O is starting to click more especially with the addition of Hunt and we are getting Njoku back - He would have had a monster season but we lost him early on...point being sure they are a better team then what we faced but so are WE!!! wink

Don't let your love affair with Lamar blind you too much are we in jeopardy of losing you to the Ravens???

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

I do. We seen baker have a come from behind win against a winning team this season.

Lamar hasn’t. Now, to be fair, Lamar HASNT had to cause their destroying everyone. But if we can have Lamar have to go and get a game winning/tying TD with less than 2 minutes, I like our chances.
I cant remember, didn't he fall short at this against KC?

Legend
Legend
Given recent events, if the Browns go on a streak and win out, it will be even more remarkable, and fitting.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

I cant remember, didn't he fall short at this against KC?

yes. so lets hope he didnt learn his lesson and improved like he did everything else.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Tab....i have to respectfully ask if you read anything i actually post.

you said this:

Originally Posted By: eotab
...point being sure they are a better team then what we faced but so are WE!!! wink

Don't let your love affair with Lamar blind you too much are we in jeopardy of losing you to the Ravens???[/color]

is that NOT the same thing i JUST finished saying in this:

Quote:

But, to counter all of this....has our OWN offense not looked better the last 2 weeks, despite playing against some really solid defenses? This is bakers 3rd game in a row with no turnovers.

I dunno if our defense can stop the ravens offense as it is right now, but I also don’t think the ravens defense can stop ours either.

like....come on.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
J/c

I’ve always thought if/when we make the playoffs it will be under crazy circumstances where we overcome a lot ... so we’ll see

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Assuming our skills guys are still healthy and IF OBJ finally figures out what he’s doing here, our own play calling will be the only thing that could keep us from winning a shootout.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
it's looking like we could win 10 games and not make the playoffs.

When was the last time that happened?... oh.. wait.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/SI-Cleveland-Browns-9-7-miss-playoffs-133830165/

this was projected in July. LOL
SI.com predicts Browns go 9-7, miss the playoffs

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

We could.. we need either Buffalo, Houston/Indy, or Oakland to lose a few games.

Buffalo's schedule is fairly brutal.. Denver, Dallas, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, New England.. Jets. They could easily finish 10-6

Indy/Houston play each other this week so one will lose.. based on schedule I could see one or both right at about 10 wins...

Oakland doesn't have a real tough schedule left but could easily find a way to lose 2 games to get to 10-6...

Looks like there could be a log jam at 10-6... if we beat the Dolphins and the Steelers, then I might start looking into tie-breaker scenarios and stuff.. right now, just string some more wins together.

Personally though, I think 9-7 and on the outside looking in is far more likely.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

We could.. we need either Buffalo, Houston/Indy, or Oakland to lose a few games.

Buffalo's schedule is fairly brutal.. Denver, Dallas, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, New England.. Jets. They could easily finish 10-6

Indy/Houston play each other this week so one will lose.. based on schedule I could see one or both right at about 10 wins...

Oakland doesn't have a real tough schedule left but could easily find a way to lose 2 games to get to 10-6...

Looks like there could be a log jam at 10-6... if we beat the Dolphins and the Steelers, then I might start looking into tie-breaker scenarios and stuff.. right now, just string some more wins together.

Personally though, I think 9-7 and on the outside looking in is far more likely.

If we go 10-6 we would have a 6-0 division and 9-3 conference record. It would be real hard to miss out based on that...

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Does the head to head win over Buffalo even matter if it comes to that? I don't remember.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Does the head to head win over Buffalo even matter if it comes to that? I don't remember.

Yes... so would the head-to-head loss to the Titans. Head-to-head is still the #1 tie breaker for all playoff scenarios.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FATE

Yes... so would the head-to-head loss to the Titans. Head-to-head is still the #1 tie breaker for all playoff scenarios.

Didn't we not make the playoffs in 2007 because we lost a tie-breaker to the titans?

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: FATE

Didn't we not make the playoffs in 2007 because we lost a tie-breaker to the titans?

Yup, cuz the Colts decided to rest Peyton Manning and play Curtis Painter, aka forfeit the game.

I still vividly remember watching the Colts/Titans game in a bar in San Francisco realizing for the first (and not the last) time that God hates the Cleveland Browns.

Don't forget, the reason we weren't 11-5 at that point is because we lost to the Cardinals on a bad "force out" call on Kellen Winslow Jr. which led to the rule being removed the next year.

I hope the Browns can bring us some joy instead of pain before I die.

Legend
Legend
J/c

Let’s have an update. We are currently 4-6 (gosh, how much better would we feel if we were 5-5 after winning either the Seattle or Denver game) and have the following games:

Miami
At Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
At Arizona
Baltimore
At Cincinnati

Winning the Miami and two Cincinnati games have to be a given of course.
Winning at PIttsburgh seems to be the biggest challenge IMO
At Arizona is a tough game, though they aren’t great ... probably a 50/50 type deal

How cool would it be to have a 8-6 record with Baltimore coming to town in December

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Rookie
Rookie
This guy makes a point...Maaaybe Chris Jones as head coach?
https://nflbets.com/2019/11/05/nfl-week-9-ats-results

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm hoping we win at Pitt. I have a bad feeling about AZ, though. I think we have one of our characteristic 'brain-fart' games and drop that one. Just a feeling, not sure why.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Thats 3 straight!

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

ahahahaha classic!

Legend
Legend
Next week is a big one obviously

R
Legend
Legend
R
Denver, Seattle, and Tennessee.

No business losing to any of those teams.

The only hope is this team goes into next season with the experience and resolve knowing every week matters. Preparation all year matters. Focus at all times matters. This absolutely sucks the position they've put themselves in. Hopefully, they learn and grow from it.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Well put that said Arizona only has1above average dB they are not that much better than Miami.
Wilks is 4-0against rookie and second year qbs.

Legend
Legend
How the Browns’ playoff picture looks after Week 12

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/how-the-browns-playoff-picture-looks-after-week-12.html
By Scott Patsko, cleveland.com
CLEVELAND, Ohio – The Browns are trying to keep their playoff hopes alive. Winning their third straight game has them pointed in the right direction, but at 5-6 they’re still bringing up the rear in the playoff hunt.

With the Ravens holding a 3.5-game lead in the AFC North, the Browns’ playoff picture is really the Wild Card picture, so here’s a rundown of the contenders, and how they did this week:

DIVISION LEADERS

AFC East: Patriots 10-1.

AFC North: Ravens 8-2 (Monday vs. Rams).

AFC South: Texans, 7-4.

AFC West: Chiefs 7-4.

WILD CARD CHASE

Bills 8-3

Sunday: Won 20-3 vs. Broncos.

Schedule: at Cowboys; Ravens; at Steelers; at Patriots; Jets.

That’s a rough schedule ahead for the Bills, who would lose on the first tie-breaker (head-to-head) with the Browns.

Steelers 6-5

Sunday: Won 16-10 vs. Bengals.

Schedule: Browns; at Cardinals; Bills; at Jets; at Ravens.

The Steelers can’t afford another loss the Browns, who would own a season sweep. Although, the Steelers do hold tiebreakers against the Raiders (conference winning percentage) and Colts (head-to-head).

Raiders 6-5

Sunday: Lost 34-3 vs. Jets.

Schedule: at Chiefs; Titans; Jaguars; at Chargers; at Broncos.

Sunday’s loss was a surprise for the Raiders, who had won three straight. They’ve lost to the Chiefs and defeated the Chargers and Broncos this season. The first tiebreaker with the Browns would be winning percentage against common opponents (Broncos, Bengals, Jets, Titans). The best the Browns can be is 3-2. The Raiders are 2-1. The Raiders hold a head-to-head tiebreaker over the Colts.

Colts 6-5

Thursday: Lost 20-17 vs. Texans.

Colts Schedule: Titans; Buccaneers; Saints; Panthers; Jaguars.

The Colts missed an opportunity to sweep the Texans and get a grip on the AFC West title. The first tiebreaker between the Colts and Browns would be winning percentage vs. common opponents (Titans, Broncos, Steelers, Dolphins). The Colts are 2-2 with one more game vs. the Titans. The best the Browns can do is 3-2.

Titans 6-5

Sunday: Won 42-20 vs. Jaguars.

Schedule at Colts; at Raiders; Texans; Saints; at Texans.

Next week’s game is big for the Titans, who lost 19-17 to the Colts in Week 2. The Browns don’t want the Titans hanging around because they’d lose a head-to-head tiebreaker.

Browns 5-6

Sunday: Won 41-24 vs. Dolphins.

Schedule: at Steelers, Bengals, at Cardinals, Ravens, at Bengals.

The Browns have one of the easiest remaining schedules in the AFC, but their playoff hopes could come down to Week 16 against the Ravens.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I think the game next week is the biggest of the season

Legend
Legend
I don't see how the Steelers can beat us.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
I don't see how the Steelers can beat us.
they wear black and white stripes

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
This absolutely sucks the position they've put themselves in. Hopefully, they learn and grow from it.

Rish, on a glass half-full note, what an opportunity this season is/was to back themselves in a corner like this and have to face real adversity. Use this year as a tremendous learning experience.

What if everything had come as easy as we (the team included) all thought? Would they grow in the following year or rest on their laurels?

Legend
Legend
Good point, we’ll at least see our true character this offseason. It might be the silver lining if we don’t make the big comeback this year

Legend
Legend
To get poetic, this season is our crucible.

A bunch of raw individual talents went into it, but something different altogether is going to come out the other side. It may not win anything of significance this year, but it will be the foundation for the following years.

Unless, ya know, we do what Cleveland does and we trash Freddie and all the coaches and start the whole show over again to satisfy the instant-gratification junkies that don't understand that anything worthwhile takes time.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

And will continue to be so

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

And will continue to be so
true, although next week should be a bit more difficult than the following

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 9 game winning streak will start now!

Link Copied to Clipboard