Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I wonder who we are cutting?

Pharaoh Brown seems to be the least useful TE at this point.

I hope we keep Carlson. I don't cut a guy who can make a catch like he did last week.

Pharoh Brown is only good for a holding call weekly, he has cleaned up his penalties and is now allowing more sacks lol

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I agree, Burris has been pretty solid.

My concern is with the depth; ie Redwine

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
I think Forbes is our future RG.

He could very well be.

[Linked Image]

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
Morgan Burnett placed on IR.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/bro...medium=referral

No new on who will replace him on the roster. My guess is that it is David Njoku. I believe Kitchens said he is getting tested physically on Wednesday.

This injury might be a career ender for Morgan Burnett. He will be 31 in January and this is at least a one year injury. We can cut him and save $2.175M against the cap, I'd expect that we do that. It's hard to see another team giving him a chance coming off this injury midseason. Tough break.

Tough break, he was pkaying well.

If Murray can't make the game, we will be down to three Safeties.

Juston Burris has played surprisingly well, especially when you consider that we cut him, then picked him up and cut him six days later, and then we brought him back. He and Randall are fine together. The problem is that we play a ton of big nickel, which means Sheldrick Redwine is on the field a ton (when he's been inactive most of the year) or we bring an extra corner onto the field (the most likely outcome) or we play three linebackers (Sione Takitaki has been playing a bit more). I'm hoping we see a bit of Takitaki in pass rushing situations as a way to make up for the loss of Myles Garrett (with Joe Schobert and/or Takitaki used as pass rushers).

(Four parentheticals!)
I wouldn't mind seeing more 3 LB set myself.

Only if one of the linebackers is a pass rusher.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Agree.

E
Legend
Legend
E

I think its rather obvious. Stephen Carlson will be waived and then put on our Practice squad.

Also we have a roster spot for the suspended Garrett.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

No new on who will replace him on the roster. My guess is that it is David Njoku. I believe Kitchens said he is getting tested physically on Wednesday.

This injury might be a career ender for Morgan Burnett. He will be 31 in January and this is at least a one year injury. We can cut him and save $2.175M against the cap, I'd expect that we do that. It's hard to see another team giving him a chance coming off this injury midseason. Tough break.

Juston Burris has played surprisingly well, especially when you consider that we cut him, then picked him up and cut him six days later, and then we brought him back. He and Randall are fine together. The problem is that we play a ton of big nickel, which means Sheldrick Redwine is on the field a ton (when he's been inactive most of the year) or we bring an extra corner onto the field (the most likely outcome) or we play three linebackers (Sione Takitaki has been playing a bit more). I'm hoping we see a bit of Takitaki in pass rushing situations as a way to make up for the loss of Myles Garrett (with Joe Schobert and/or Takitaki used as pass rushers).

(Four parentheticals!)
I wouldn't mind seeing more 3 LB set myself.

Only if one of the linebackers is a pass rusher.

This will be a great game for Avery to bring some pass rush. Oh wait...nevermind.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: eotab

I think its rather obvious. Stephen Carlson will be waived and then put on our Practice squad.

Also we have a roster spot for the suspended Garrett.

jmho

We currently have three open roster spots. One from Morgan Burnett getting IRed, one from Myles Garrett's suspension, and one from Larry Ogunjobi's suspension (which might not hold up).

Legend
Legend

The Cleveland Browns have elevated S J.T. Hassell to the active roster from the practice squad and signed S A.J. Howard to the practice squad.

Hassell (5-11, 200) is a rookie out of Florida Tech and spent the first 11 weeks of the 2019 season as a member of the team’s practice squad. He was originally signed by the Browns as an undrafted free agent in May. A native of Titusville, Fla., Hassell played in all four of the Browns’ preseason games, registering 14 tackles and a team-leading three tackles on special teams.

Read about Hassell's journey to the NFL

Howard is 5-10, 198 pounds and officially a first-year player. An undrafted free agent signing by the Arizona Cardinals in 2018, he spent the majority of last season as a member of the New York Giants’ and New England Patriots’ practice squads. This season, he spent time on the practice squads of the Baltimore Ravens and Philadelphia Eagles after spending the offseason and training camp with the Patriots. He’s a native of Hamilton, Ga. and attended Appalachian State.

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 11/20/19 06:43 PM.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

That's why he got hurt.

Anytime a Browns player has a breakout they are gone.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Okay.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Jc

I listened to FK’s press conference and he intimated that Hodge has found his niche on STs and as a backup WR ... I liked how he impacted the game Thursday

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Looks like JT Hassell has been added to the roster:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/brown...-active-roster/

Legend
Legend
Good for him! That's quite a story.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
Unfortunately Larry's suspension was held up...can't go pushing a Steeler no no no...

Anyway Larry's roster spot is for one game. Shame about Burnett he was having his best game maybe ever and now on the IR...

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Garret shouldn't be suspended at all, just fined BIG TIME (Imtalking 3.5 mil or so) and be done with. The media and everyone else has blown this thing way out of proprtion. Everyone is talking about "had he done this it would be worse" or "He is lucky he only hit him this way" etc....they are wanting punishment doled based on what "could have happened" not "what actually happened"

Fact is this case needs to be looked based soley on FACTS

FACTS:

1. NO ONE was hurt because of Garret helmet swing
2. Rudolph took the last snap of the game no problem.
3. Rudolph was obviously examined by Steelers DR after the game and was A OK

This whole thing is absurd. If he had actually hurt Rudolph i'd be all about these crazy suspensions, but he didn't. He didn't hurt Rudolph. What Garret did is not worthy of a suspension.

Should a person spend time in jail because they ran a stop sign, and got into a fender bender with someone else and crushed each others cars yet no one was hurt? Should that person get the same sentence someone who hurt or killed someone should get?

this is nonsense! No one was hurt in the whole Garret affair, and No one should give a damn about would, could, shoulda, because would, could, shoulda, NEVER happened. You can't dole out punishments based on "what ifs" it needs to be based on FACTS

the most i'd accept is a 2 game suspension, the same thing Smith got, anymore and Garret needs to lawyer up and sue the NFL this is absolutely ridiclious, the media shouldn't be the ones deciding on punishments, our courts don't let the media influence and decide everything.

Just fines and move on allready this is nonsense. No one was hurt, had he hurt someone, sure, but the fact remians no one was hurt and for that reason, it should be fines and move on.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Fact is it is 2019.

You suggesting that Garrett shouldn't get suspended for even one game is devoid of reality. Period.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
J/c

Good news about Hassel .. hope he does well for himself

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Browns promote Brandin Bryant, Porter Gustin from the practice squad

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/...practice-squad/

Desperate for healthy and available bodies along the defensive line for Week 12, the Cleveland Browns promoted two defenders from the practice squad on Friday. Tackle Brandin Bryant and EDGE Porter Gustin are now on the active 53-man roster.

They fill roster spots vacant due to the suspensions of Myles Garrett and Larry Ogunjobi. With EDGE Olivier Vernon also ruled out with his ongoing knee injury, the Browns are missing three of the four regular starters on the defensive line.

Bryant has been with the practice squad all season. He has previous experience with a handful of NFL teams as well as in the CFL. Gustin was signed to the practice squad following the trade of Genard Avery to the Philadelphia Eagles. He’s an undrafted rookie from USC who has primarily played outside linebacker in his career.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Avery's trade to PHI is looming large these days.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
L
Legend
Legend
L
Yes, it would be nice if we still had him. We don’t though, and that’s the way she goes.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Avery's trade to PHI is looming large these days.
yeah, it’s pretty unfortunate that we dont have him right now

O
Legend
Legend
O
Sincere question... honestly, not trying to argue.

What was Avery's position? And I know the whole "you find the scheme to put your talent on the field" argument. Let's ignore that, for now.

Avery was a LB, right? He's not a DE (right?).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
If only Myles had informed us that he was going to get suspended the same week Vernon would be injured frown

Life happens.
Avery was getting sidelined here. It took the losses of both Garrett and Vernon to get us to where we'd need him; his value at the time was greater in a trade and it was the right move.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

It'll be interesting to see what they do with the PS over the next several days. Larry O comes back next week and probably Njoku as well.

I'm afraid the PS call-up of two DL means Vernon may be done for the year. It would be odd to bring up two DL one week and cut one of them the next week (when Larry returns). Not to mention that one or two of those guys may be inactive Sunday. Hence my comment about watching the PS. If they fill it up, it signals that Vernon is done for the year...or quite a while longer at least. If they leave PS spots open, they'll likely plan to cut one of those two guys and get them signed back to the PS once Vernon returns to action...or a guy like D'Earnest J is on a very big numbers bubble.

We have ten DLs counting Larry. We have five TEs counting Njoku. I could see Pharoah slide back to PS after Njoku returns. But cutting a recent PS call-up for just one week would be odd...as would carrying 10 DL on the 53.

Should be interesting.

Legend
Legend
I think it just means that we need two bodies for this week.
As soon as Larry comes back, one gets released and possibly signed back to the practice squad. When Vernon comes back, the same happens to the other one.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Sincere question... honestly, not trying to argue.

What was Avery's position? And I know the whole "you find the scheme to put your talent on the field" argument. Let's ignore that, for now.

Avery was a LB, right? He's not a DE (right?).

To my understanding, he was viewed as a DE and was behind the other DEs on the depth chart. I like C Smith well-enough and C Thomas has come on strong recently. However, I think Avery was/is much more dynamic than C Smith and with Vernon's recent-history injury woes, Avery was worth much more than a 4th Rd pick in the draft-after-next. JMO.

There is a reasonable argument that he was viewed as a LB and not a fit for our 4-2. My counter to that is the 'ole "you can't have too many edge rushers".

In the end, no one could foresee MG getting suspended even if one COULD foresee Vernon being sidelined. So it's not like to was a completely stupid move. However, the guy made a noticeable impact last year and is an edge rusher. We have lots of guys we could have cut to "make room" who are nowhere near the dynamic that Avery is/was. JMO again.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
As soon as Larry comes back, one gets released and possibly signed back to the practice squad. When Vernon comes back, the same happens to the other one.

Could be...but while we need two bodies, I won't be surprised if at least one is inactive Sunday. We will have (8) healthy DLs Sunday morning...which is a lot but certainly isn't outrageous for the 46 gameday spots.

If they leave a hole in the PS roster, they'll be cutting one - or - both and getting them back to the PS. If they fill-up the PS, these guys are going to be here for awhile.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

Isn't there a time limit for that type of transactions.

[Linked Image]

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Browns promote Brandin Bryant, Porter Gustin from the practice squad

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/...practice-squad/

Desperate for healthy and available bodies along the defensive line for Week 12, the Cleveland Browns promoted two defenders from the practice squad on Friday. Tackle Brandin Bryant and EDGE Porter Gustin are now on the active 53-man roster.

Diyyaaanng Whatever happened to Ogbah and Nassib?
Whatever happened to Nassib and Ogbay< (rherorical-I know what happened)

Whatever happened to Coley and Genard Avery, Danggg the cupboard looks bare.

We got Lucy'd
Lucy'd is when Browns fans have to put up with assets being taken away needlessly,

These kind of things don't happen to every team, things like Josh Gordon's suspension after the 2011-er whatever year,
Things like Kellon Winslow Jr missing his entire rookie year,
or Edwards? missing time for practicing without shoes
or Kellon Winslow Jr missing his entire 2nd season because of some onside kick injury
or some "other" player missing time for a motorcycle wreck,
or things like some player's involvement in a drunk driving incident on a bridge causing missed time,

or things like telling us some other Free.Safety was just as good as Tashaun Gipson, or a dozen other similar cases,

Lucy, (the little character from the peanuts gang), pulls the football out of position right as Charlie Brown trys to kick it.

Things like, current guy suspended indefinetly, what does that mean? We ain't gonna watch him play anymore,

These kind of things don't happen to every team, at least not as often.

Us Fans are Charlie Brown rearing up to kick that ball. I don't know Who Lucy is, but we got Lucy'd

There ain't no reason we don't have depth on this defensive line except they got rid of it.

You ever heard of these guys? Nobody has.

Woo Hoo go team! Active roster? Give me a break!

Last edited by THROW LONG; 11/23/19 10:23 PM.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
The Cleveland Browns announced the signing of wide receiver J'Mon Moore to the team's practice squad, Monday. A Green Bay Packers fourth round pick in 2018, Moore spent one season with the Packers, catching two passes for passes for 15 yards in 12 games. The Browns signed both Brandin Bryant and Porter Gustin to the active roster on Friday ahead of the game against the Miami Dolphins, so the practice squad had space to add Moore.

Moore was one of the lone bright spots on some mediocre Missouri teams, posting solid production for the three seasons. He also put up good athletic testing numbers, giving him a solid prospect profile overall.

The Packers added a ton of competition at wide receiver over the past couple of years through the draft and Moore was beaten out, but he is a good prospect o add to the practice squad in case he's able to get it going. He's got good size for the position at measuring in near 6'3" and over 200 pounds.

The Browns are currently hoping to find additional contributions from the wide receiver position beyond Odell Beckham and Jarvis Landry as their third leading receiver this season is Damion Ratley, who hasn't really played much in the past month.

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/cleveland-browns-add-wr-jmon-moore-to-practice-squad/

#gmSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
I saw Higgins wide open a few times and don't think he ever got a target. I don't understand this at all. I personally would rather Baker throw it to him than one hand diva dropsies OBJ. I mean I like OBJ but he hasn't really impressed me that much on the field. I know Higgins will catch the ball.

R
Legend
Legend
R
The Higgins thing is a mystery.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I saw Higgins wide open a few times and don't think he ever got a target. I don't understand this at all. I personally would rather Baker throw it to him than one hand diva dropsies OBJ. I mean I like OBJ but he hasn't really impressed me that much on the field. I know Higgins will catch the ball.

He had one target in the left side of the end zone where Baker didn't lead him quite enough and it got deflected.

At least one of the times he was open resulted in the TD to OBJ.

It is what it is. We didn't run a whole lot of 3 WR sets. We had the lead pretty much the whole game and showed a good bit of "running formations." The threat of OBJ over the top opens up the running game more than Higgins, and Landry had the hot hand(s).

Don't get me wrong, during the game I was wondering why I wasn't seeing more of Higgins. It does kind of make sense looking back now and thinking it through, though.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
J’Mon Moore was a Packer fan favorite for a while .. though I’m not sure where he fits here other than a LONG shot

Legend
Legend
How did he become a fan favorite if he only caught 2 passes the entire season? Did he have a good preseason or something?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: jfanent
How did he become a fan favorite if he only caught 2 passes the entire season? Did he have a good preseason or something?

That's my guess. How many WRs were fan favorites here, based on preseason?

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

yep, he was a preseason star and training camp favorite ... I have some family who love the Packers and they had a group of WRs who didn’t pan out that fans loved (Moore and Janis in particular)

M
Legend
Legend
M

Darius Jennings, Rannell Hall, Josh Lenz...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

Darius Jennings, Rannell Hall, Josh Lenz...
Frisman Jackson smile

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum A look at the roster

Link Copied to Clipboard