Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Wonder what happened....

Legend
Legend
Better be a very good reason.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Legend
Legend
C
Nothing is ever normal with this team.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Randall has had a weird season

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Legend
Legend
Too much drama.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Nothing.

It's exhausting.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Nothing.

It's exhausting.

It's also poor leadership from the top of the organization on down.

Legend
Legend

Weird.

There must be something behind this.

Maybe some disciplinary thing for some offense.

I doubt that it is related to the first Steeler game.

Both teams have plenty incentive to win. So, precaution because of the hit just does not seem to cut it.

? I don't know.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Yearly drama cycle continues. Nauseating.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Lol so who are our safeties? Yeah I dont see us winning this one

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11...g-the-week.html

A league source told cleveland.com that coach Freddie Kitchens made the move for something that happened during the week.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The full article

Browns safety Damarious Randall benched for Steelers game and left home for something that happened during the week

Updated 4:31 PM;Today 2:45 PM
Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, November 14, 2019
cleveland.com

Cleveland Browns safety Damarious Randall reacts after being ejected from the game against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the second half. (Joshua Gunter, cleveland.com)

shares
By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns safety Damarious Randall was benched for Sunday’s Steelers game and kept home from the trip to Pittsburgh because of a coach’s decision, the club announced Saturday afternoon.

A league source told cleveland.com that coach Freddie Kitchens made the move for something that happened during the week.

Randall, who’s started five games this season, did not participate in the early position drills that were open to the media on Friday, but he didn’t appear on the injury report.

Kitchens wears a ‘Pittsburgh Started It’ T-shirt out on Friday night

Rookie Sheldrick Redwine is a candidate to start, but the Browns can also use T.J. Carrie or Terrance Mitchell at safety. The Browns are already thin at the position. Safety Eric Murray had already been ruled out with his knee injury and starting strong safety Morgan Burnett is on injured reserve with a torn Achilles suffered in the Nov. 14 victory over the Steelers.

Safety Jermaine Whitehead was waived the day after the Broncos game on Nov. 3 for making threatening and offensive remarks on social media following the game.

Randall, meanwhile, was ejected from the 21-7 victory over the Steelers for a helmet-to-helmet hit that knocked receiver Diontae Johnson out of the game with a concussion. Randall was also fined $28,075, but is appealing.

He lamented the fact that he received death threats immediately after the ejection.

“I get so many death threats, so many people calling me names, people saying, ‘Oh, I hope you get hurt, I’m going to kill you, this and that,’’’ he told cleveland.com. “And it’s OK for fans to do it to us but then when we say something back, it’s a problem, we get in trouble. I just never understood that."

Randall says hit on Johnson wasn’t intentional

Randall was especially miffed because he’s never been flagged for a personal foul or been ejected. Was some of the vitriol from Steelers fans upset about Myles Garrett hitting Mason Rudolph in the head with Rudolph’s helmet at the end of the game?

“It shouldn’t matter,’’ Randall said. “At the end of the day, the NFL is a brotherhood; nobody goes out there to hurt anybody. We’re all in it, this is an entertainment-based business. ... The last thing I need to be doing is watching my back for fans and stuff talking crazy. I know most of them aren’t even about that life, because I done really been in that life. ... I know most of them ain’t even close to that life.

“It’s just funny to me how they blurt out and just say crazy, off the wall stuff, but just like the situation with (Whitehead). He lost his job behind something like that, but it’s OK for them to openly say stuff like that. I find that so crazy to me.’’

Randall was rattled by the sight of the injured Johnson, and apologized on Instagram after the game.

“I was shocked because I didn't know I hit him helmet-to-helmet up on the field and then I get back to the locker room and after the game I see it on social media and stuff,’’ he said. “I clearly hit him helmet-to-helmet, but I was just saying some prayers about it and that actually bothered me a little bit that he was laying there like that, because it just shows how dangerous this game is and how dangerous this game can be. Really, I just never intend to hurt anyone.’’

In other Browns news, the club has decided not to activate tight end David Njoku (wrist) for the Steelers game despite the fact that he said Friday he’s great and ready to go. Kitchens said the Browns are still working through some things with Njoku, and also complimented the play of the other tight ends.

Tight end Pharoah Brown, who missed Friday’s practice because of a personal reason, made the trip to Pittsburgh and will be available for the game.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Trainwrecks

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
He probably told Freddie to run the ball. Dumbass move if you ask me.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Its says for something that happened during the week. It didnt say Randall did anything.

Joe Thomas #73
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Maybe for precautionary reasons Kitchens chose to leave him back due to the death threats he received after his ejection on TNF?

Legend
Legend
Maybe he didn't like Freddie's shirt.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
hmmm I wonder if the NFL suggested it as a player safety precaution? He was getting death threats

i can't imagine skipping practice would be worthy of being basically suspended for a game without pay... basically

Randall has been playing really well.

otherwise, Freddie is playing to lose the game.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2819...led-vs-steelers

Browns LT Greg Robinson, S Damarious Randall ruled out vs. Steelers

Randall did not make the trip on coach Freddie Kitchens' decision after skipping a practice earlier in the week, according to a source. The Browns are already without their other top two safeties, Eric Murray (knee) and Morgan Burnett (Achilles), who was recently placed on injured reserve. That leaves Juston Burris and rookie Sheldrick Redwine as the likely safety starters Sunday.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Maybe it's disciplinary and Freddie making players accountable.... oh, wait, people expect that discipline gets instilled by waving a magic wand, lol

Players act up and the coach is the goat. Coach holds player accountable and the coach is the goat.... can't win.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

F
Rookie
Rookie
F
If he skipped practice and was not injured...then stay home for the game. I am with Freddie on this one. He is a head case and will not be re-signed. How many games has he even played this year?

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Maybe it's disciplinary and Freddie making players accountable.... oh, wait, people expect that discipline gets instilled by waving a magic wand, lol

Players act up and the coach is the goat. Coach holds player accountable and the coach is the goat.... can't win.

I have no issue with discipline. I have issue with taking your best safety off the field when you are this banged up for discipline. I'm sure there was something else that could have been done.

Legend
Legend
So strange .. ugh

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
The shirt is not an issue for me. This safety is manufactured drama. Safety, OK. Discipline, not as much. We need to get this snuffed before it is a circus. Playable inactive is odd.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Maybe for precautionary reasons Kitchens chose to leave him back due to the death threats he received after his ejection on TNF?

After reading all the NEWS not opinions out there that is what I came up with. Possibly these death threats from Steeler fans has shaken Randall and because of that possibility talked with Kitchens about not going to Pittsburgh.. Once again Steeler's get special NFL considerations. Also note Goodell at the Ohio State vs Michigan game and was in the Michigan Booth routing against OHIO...hmmm lol laugh

this sucks Randall is without a doubt our best Safety Don't mind corners out there as safeties during passing downs. Without Garrett we won't have full destruction into their back field every play.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Legend
Legend
D
If Randall skipped a practice after already being given an extra day off following the win against Miami, I can see how Kitchens might be upset and feel the need to exert his authority. Plus, he came here from GB with a reputation for being a headcase, so maybe the Browns' feel that this type of behavior needs to be nipped in the bud before it becomes a disruption in the locker room. I'd be surprised if he's here next year.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
This is not good, missing your best safety is never good...especially with suspect depth there...

I do find it odd that he (Randall) didnt even travel with the team...I guess the drama keeps unfolding

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dose his PLAY on the field help or hurt the Team ???

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

I have no issue with discipline. I have issue with taking your best safety off the field when you are this banged up for discipline. I'm sure there was something else that could have been done.

rofl ... u certainly have a firm grasp on the concept of discipline ... its not conveniant for us right now so we’ll find another way to punish you thats equal to you missing a game .... cause there is such a thing .. rolleyes ...

By your theory the RB’s and CB’s would get punished way harsher than any other position group cause we have depth at those positions .... ya, that encompasses the true meaning of discipline ... *L* ...

P
Legend
Legend
P
And just think, this is how down they are on Freddie AFTER WE'VE WON THREE STRAIGHT GAMES!

rofl

He wore a T-shirt! He chose for Randall not to play! On the humanity!

saywhat

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Like what? What would you do, within the confines of what the CBA allows, that hasn't been tried, yet?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Like what? What would you do, within the confines of what the CBA allows, that hasn't been tried, yet?

Would telling him to stop being a dumbass...sthu and go roast a duck in Heinz field be okay with the CBA ? brownie angel

P
Legend
Legend
P
Everybody whined and cried about Freddie not using discipline and how he needed to be tougher on the players.

Now we have people whining and crying when he's tough on the players.

I call it BBS. Baby Bear syndrome. You know... Pappa Bears porridge was too hot. Momma Bears porridge was too cold. But Baby Bears porridge was JUST RIGHT!

Everybody wants Baby Bears porridge.

And this is coming on the heels of a three game winning streak.

"Oh the humanity!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O

Make him do laundry and scrub cleats for all I care. Taking him out of the game hurts the fans more than him. He's rich already, not going to miss the check.

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Maybe I am just suffering from 40+ years of disappointment and bad management, but I have a feeling that this is a result of the last Pittsburgh game. No proof but I have not heard Randall was a discipline issue in the past. Maybe I am mistaken but it is just a gut feeling. I hope the Browns are not costing themselves a win and any hope at the playoffs.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I doubt Freddie's judgement. I think he's a bit of a fool. So I would have to know what was behind the decision 100% to be ok with it from my POV. To you and Diam with your snark about doubting Freddie after 3 wins, I think we won in spite of Freddie not because of Freddie.

Additionally, Freddie's winning on the weak half of the schedule does not impress me at all. If we sneak into the playoffs after the first half of the season debacle, it will not be a great victory. This talent should have easily dominated this division.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/01/19 01:29 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

rofl ... u certainly have a firm grasp on the concept of discipline ... its not conveniant for us right now so we’ll find another way to punish you thats equal to you missing a game .... cause there is such a thing .. rolleyes ...

By your theory the RB’s and CB’s would get punished way harsher than any other position group cause we have depth at those positions .... ya, that encompasses the true meaning of discipline ... *L* ...

What? You don't know that it is the administrator of law that is at fault today, and not the transgressor *L*

Face it friend ... we live in a Burger King "have it your own way" society.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just a thought as I read through this thread. People tend to forget the fact that there is a major difference between thinking your opinion matters and having your opinion actually matter. Everyone may be entitled to their opinion, but very few opinions have impact. Since there isn't an opinion on the board that actually matters, it's all just supercilious hyperbole. So, FWIW:

GO BROWNS!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I see. If we lose it's Freddie's fault. If we win it's despite Freddie.

You've thought he was stupid ever since you heard his accent. You aren't fooling anyone.

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Steelers 20 Damarious Randall Out: Coach's Decision

Link Copied to Clipboard